Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 211982 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - [10 Places Reserved / Waitlist Open]
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 02:46:49 pm »

I still am not sure whether I should just use my old sheet and character or submit a new one.

If possible, I would like to CONTINUE Squelchy. If not...

Spoiler: Mimic (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2017, 02:50:10 pm »

Tell me if I should adjust something.

Symbiotic seems a bit inferred from Bonded Weapon, no problem if we remove it and add its effect to Bonded Weapon?

Victory.

All good :)
Also, Sirens are effectively Harpies. They often get confused with Mermaids, especially if you know French because Mermaids is "Sirènes" in French :s
I won't be nitpicky over that though, so no worries.

Made two ideas, but have now decided which to use

Both are all good :)
For the first, I will probably add Undead as a Trait if that's okay with you.
For the second, it will do despite the pretty plain appearance of the sheet :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All good, and nope, I am not forgetting Azarian, our dear Thoughtbeast :)

Put me on the waitlist.
Spoiler: Go'Von (click to show/hide)

Waitlisted!

All good!

Please put me in the game if possible. If not, please waitlist me.

Waitlisted, the sheet is all good :)

Can I continue using my old character or do I need to make a new sheet for it?
If I'd like to keep playing Squelchy for now, should I create a new sheet for him?

Also, I guess, reserved?

Yep you can use your old character! Post his sheet, and we will update them together.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2017, 03:01:34 pm »

Tell me if I should adjust something.

Symbiotic seems a bit inferred from Bonded Weapon, no problem if we remove it and add its effect to Bonded Weapon?
Yeah, I've got no problem with that.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2017, 03:04:22 pm »

snip
Cool, yeah I didn't think of the undead trait, I should have.

The Protoquin is meant to be very basic, so that it can specialize based on the situation. Also added a second trait to it and specified that this individual isn't currently in the dream world, somehow.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:09:14 pm by Failbird105 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2017, 03:14:42 pm »

Old Sheet:

Name: Squelchy
Species: Slime
Appearance: Green amorphous organism
Are you a green slime? (Oh. Just realized my idea wasn't original.)
Attributes: increase two stats by 1 and decrease two other stats by 1 (apart from HP or MP)
HP 15
MP 12
STR 1 -Strength : increase physical damage-
CON 2 -Constitution : increase physical resilience-
POW 0 -Power : increase special/magical damage-
RES 0 -Resistance : increase special/magical resilience-
INT -1 -Intelligence : increase your ability to submit others to your will-
IND -1 -Individuality : increase your ability to resist to others will-
note : attributes are just some kind of "indicative" property, their are no specific formulas or calculation behind them. (yet?)

Traits : Reformative: Slimes naturally slowly regenerate HP whilst in sunlight, or in a hot enough environment.
Luminescence: Yellow pigmentation on the polyslime's surface gathers energy from the sun whilst in sunlight. This energy is released as light whenever the slime wishes to do so.
Blessing of the Suntree: Consuming a sunfruit granted your body the ability to produce an energy close in nature to that of the sun. The latent energy in your body is linked to your mana reserves.

Skills : Pounce: The slime flings itself into the air and lands upon its opponent.
Flash: A blinding light is shone upon the target, rendering it temporarily or even permanently sightless.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2017, 03:39:06 pm »

snip
Cool, yeah I didn't think of the undead trait, I should have.

The Protoquin is meant to be very basic, so that it can specialize based on the situation. Also added a second trait to it and specified that this individual isn't currently in the dream world, somehow.
No problem about the not in dream world thing.

Old Sheet:

Name: Squelchy
Species: Slime
Appearance: Green amorphous organism
Are you a green slime? (Oh. Just realized my idea wasn't original.)
Attributes: increase two stats by 1 and decrease two other stats by 1 (apart from HP or MP)
HP 15
MP 12
STR 1 -Strength : increase physical damage-
CON 2 -Constitution : increase physical resilience-
POW 0 -Power : increase special/magical damage-
RES 0 -Resistance : increase special/magical resilience-
INT -1 -Intelligence : increase your ability to submit others to your will-
IND -1 -Individuality : increase your ability to resist to others will-
note : attributes are just some kind of "indicative" property, their are no specific formulas or calculation behind them. (yet?)

Traits : Reformative: Slimes naturally slowly regenerate HP whilst in sunlight, or in a hot enough environment.
Luminescence: Yellow pigmentation on the polyslime's surface gathers energy from the sun whilst in sunlight. This energy is released as light whenever the slime wishes to do so.
Blessing of the Suntree: Consuming a sunfruit granted your body the ability to produce an energy close in nature to that of the sun. The latent energy in your body is linked to your mana reserves.

Skills : Pounce: The slime flings itself into the air and lands upon its opponent.
Flash: A blinding light is shone upon the target, rendering it temporarily or even permanently sightless.

Alright Squelchy. the sheet as it is doesn't need any change haha.
But in the timeskip, he definitely got to increase to Stage 2, or at least worked toward it. Which one do you prefer?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2017, 03:41:32 pm »

How fast do people tend to die in these games?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2017, 03:42:44 pm »

Sure, I'll be stage 2.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2017, 03:48:03 pm »

Looks like I still was at the first level haha.

Species: Psychic Forest Spider
Appearance: A large creature with eight legs and many glowing green eyes, like a big green tarantula. Despite their appearance they are actually insects and can communicate with other creatures using their mental powers.
Attributes:
HP 10
MP 10
STR -1
CON 1
POW 0
RES 0
INT 1
IND -1

Traits : Telepathy: They can mentaly communicate with anything that can think, and can detect other psychic creatures at long distances.

Skills : Mind Blast: use pure psychic power to attack the enemy, can cause brain damage, mind control, hypnosis, madness, or other random nasty efects related to the brain. Does little HP damage and the chance of a secondary effect like brain damage depends of the user INT and the enemy IND.

Thi is the original sheet, but I have some changes in mind if I do evolve into stage 2 or I have to modify anything like traits and skills.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2017, 04:00:38 pm »

Looks like I still was at the first level haha.

Species: Psychic Forest Spider
Appearance: A large creature with eight legs and many glowing green eyes, like a big green tarantula. Despite their appearance they are actually insects and can communicate with other creatures using their mental powers.
Attributes:
HP 10
MP 10
STR -1
CON 1
POW 0
RES 0
INT 1
IND -1

Traits : Telepathy: They can mentaly communicate with anything that can think, and can detect other psychic creatures at long distances.

Skills : Mind Blast: use pure psychic power to attack the enemy, can cause brain damage, mind control, hypnosis, madness, or other random nasty efects related to the brain. Does little HP damage and the chance of a secondary effect like brain damage depends of the user INT and the enemy IND.

Thi is the original sheet, but I have some changes in mind if I do evolve into stage 2 or I have to modify anything like traits and skills.
Surviving will definitely have you increased to Stage 1.

Sure, I'll be stage 2.
Alright, I will let you complete your transformation sheet then :)

Code: [Select]
Name : leave blank if unchanged
Species : leave blank if uninspired
Appearance : Pretty important
HP or MP increase : choose the one you want to increase the most out of the two.
Attributes increased : Which attributes do you want to increase? By how much?
Traits gained : /
Skills gained : /

I have no idea how fast or slow will it go with the new system. Testing it at home seemed to make encounters much more lethal, so hopefully it will cycle quickly if mistakes are made.

And thanks again ATHATH, you made me realize I forgot something else in the first post. When a player dies, it starts over at half level, or from scratch. Updated the post

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2017, 04:06:03 pm »

Name :
Species : Omnislime
Appearance : A slime that shines like an opal. A glimmering light can be seen in the core.
HP or MP increase : MP
Attributes increased : CON
Traits gained : Solidification: Squelchy can solidify parts of his skin at will to make him more resilient. The downside is that that part of the body is rigid, and makes it harder for him to effectively move. The solidified skin is shed once squelchy is done with it. He can use this principle to also create slimy structures, if he has enough time and food to recover the body parts he sheds.
Skills gained : Glimmering Hope: Squelchy can call upon the light within him to give him an increase to stats until the light within him dims enough to be useless; until the light regenerates, he is weaker.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2017, 04:16:01 pm »

So why am I not on the player list, or even the wait list. I marked which sheet I'll be playing.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2017, 04:35:00 pm »

Aww yee, this is finally back !
I'll be starting over fresh, here's my new sheet :

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2017, 04:48:37 pm »

I added a clarification to the OP.

"For the Max new Traits and new Skills column: the number isn't the combined amount of new Traits and Skills, but the amount for each.

Say, if you were to reach Stage 2, you would be able to get 2 new Traits and 2 new Skills."

So why am I not on the player list, or even the wait list. I marked which sheet I'll be playing.
I missed that! Adding you right now.

Aww yee, this is finally back !
I'll be starting over fresh, here's my new sheet :

All good :)

Name :
Species : Omnislime
Appearance : A slime that shines like an opal. A glimmering light can be seen in the core.
HP or MP increase : MP
Attributes increased : CON
Traits gained : Solidification: Squelchy can solidify parts of his skin at will to make him more resilient. The downside is that that part of the body is rigid, and makes it harder for him to effectively move. The solidified skin is shed once squelchy is done with it. He can use this principle to also create slimy structures, if he has enough time and food to recover the body parts he sheds.
Skills gained : Glimmering Hope: Squelchy can call upon the light within him to give him an increase to stats until the light within him dims enough to be useless; until the light regenerates, he is weaker.

This sheet works great :)
But given I screwed my wording in the original post, you actually can have 1 more Trait and 1 more Skill. Purely optional of course.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2017, 04:53:06 pm »

Add me to the waitlist please.

Spoiler: Aspred Bagrid (click to show/hide)

If this monster is too powerful, I'm fine with it starting at a much smaller size.
Insert witty signature here
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 99