Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 211736 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 9
« Reply #300 on: October 21, 2017, 10:28:56 pm »

"I'm no mere shapeshifting ring, pal. I'm an ancient weapon of immeasurable power. Although most of said power is sealed right now... again. If nothing changed with how the world works, gathering some Essence will help in unsealing it. And possibly make you more powerful as well. You can take it slow though. We may grow powerful, but we gotta not die first."

"These are for monsters or just mundane animals?"

Talking continues! Give Past!Prias a crash course on Essence if he doesn't know what it is.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 21, 2017, 10:31:17 pm »

"I'm no mere shapeshifting ring, pal. I'm an ancient weapon of immeasurable power. Although most of said power is sealed right now... again. If nothing changed with how the world works, gathering some Essence will help in unsealing it. And possibly make you more powerful as well. You can take it slow though. We may grow powerful, but we gotta not die first."

"These are for monsters or just mundane animals?"

Talking continues! Give Past!Prias a crash course on Essence if he doesn't know what it is.
"Essence? What is that?" said Past!Prias

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 21, 2017, 11:59:09 pm »

Gray smiles upon meeting Hinrab. "What a lucky meeting. My name is Gray. My friend Brown and I are also disciples of Masen. We recently left the Steppe to continue our journey." 
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 22, 2017, 12:06:48 am »

Gray smiles upon meeting Hinrab. "What a lucky meeting. My name is Gray. My friend Brown and I are also disciples of Masen. We recently left the Steppe to continue our journey." 
"Amazing, truly amazing. I am very honored to meet you, after all, for you to be the master's disciple can only mean... Ah, I have many questions to ask."

He said to the captain.
"They are not a danger, I can vouch for this on my life. Quite the contrary, they are a blessing from the desert. Truly this is a marvelous coincidence."

"Gray, I would be overjoyed to hear your tale and see the world through your eyes. How is the master going? How did you became a disciple? What was your life before?"

[You have been allowed to travel in the caravan]

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 22, 2017, 04:58:49 am »

"I've got you now..." Skee thought, before running from the creature, waiting for the poison to take effect. Once the monster was paralyzed, Skee went to parasite it.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 22, 2017, 08:54:50 am »

We found a monster that called himself an "Arachnastinian". They are natives and have proposed that we submit to them and their Overlord Veleshk in exchange for protection from the other inhabitants. If we accept,
they say we will become part of a great kingdom and they said that we should send someone south.

"What the... It called itself an Arachnastinian you said... Submitting? This is an urgent matter, I will have to gather the various representatives... What about you, what do you think about all this?"
While I don't have enough information, I don't think we should blindly trust them withouth proof of their strenght and their ability to protect us. If they are as strong as they say, we don't really have a choice but to join them, have we?

If you wish to send someone, I want to volunteer for the mission. But I think a sylvarian should go too.

Talk stuff
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:31:54 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 22, 2017, 09:35:01 am »

"Now, I don't exactly remember all the theory, but in a nutshell it's basically what makes up the soul. The more essence one has, the stronger their soul. The stronger their soul, the stronger they become. And since some monsters and humans can absorb Essence, like me for example, they can get really damn strong, really damn fast."

Past!Conversation with Past!Prias continues. If I remember more details about Essence, mention them as well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:03:54 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 22, 2017, 12:00:53 pm »

Aspred Bagrid, the Enormous Catfish Serpent
Create a whirlpool underneath the boat and try to throw the ship into disarray. Then reveal myself and begin devouring people and damaging the boat.
Insert witty signature here

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 22, 2017, 12:31:50 pm »

Use [Punish the Weak]. If the Leuscrat is still alive after that keep attacking it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 22, 2017, 12:49:10 pm »

((I've got to drive back to college today, but I'll try to make a post of Gray explaining his origin and travels when I get there. If it would be holding up the turn, then feel free to assume Gray covered his travels from eating the crown through training with Masen, including meeting the desert djinn, traveling with Glint, meeting Barag and Kokaun, and killing that giant scorpion monster thing. Also, Gray would make it clear that all of his fights were in self-defense. He would also let Hinrab know about Masen being sick.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 22, 2017, 01:33:39 pm »

((I've got to drive back to college today, but I'll try to make a post of Gray explaining his origin and travels when I get there. If it would be holding up the turn, then feel free to assume Gray covered his travels from eating the crown through training with Masen, including meeting the desert djinn, traveling with Glint, meeting Barag and Kokaun, and killing that giant scorpion monster thing. Also, Gray would make it clear that all of his fights were in self-defense. He would also let Hinrab know about Masen being sick.))
((No rush, and feel free to have the whole storytelling be implied if narrating everything yourself is too much of a chore.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 22, 2017, 02:30:47 pm »

"Ooh, doing a bit of dissection, are we? I used to work with a necromancer; I might be able to help you out there."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 22, 2017, 03:12:16 pm »

"Ooh, doing a bit of dissection, are we? I used to work with a necromancer; I might be able to help you out there."

One head turned toward you. It grunted with discontentment.
"Hey, you didn't tie this one well enough."

The ettin dropped his tools, and moved toward you.

Grab (Ettin):
Action Roll (Diff 12): [1] -Critical Failure-

The Ettin moved toward you, intending to bind you again. But it didn't realize how slippery the floor had become after so much fluids were lost by the butterfly monster. He slipped, crashing into a nearby assortment of shelves.

[Flavor Roll]: [5]

Still stunned by the impact, the most hurt head shouted angrily:
"Grah! Once I get this flea I'm going to butcher it right away!"

The less-hurt head had another idea.
"Wait, let's hear this one out. Maybe it can actually be of use."

The hurt grunted.
"Grgh, right. I will just study it right away if it proves useless."

The other head nodded in approval.

"What kind of use can you offer? You better not disappoint us."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 22, 2017, 03:16:38 pm »

One head turned toward you. It grunted with discontentment.
"Hey, you didn't tie this one well enough."

The ettin dropped his tools, and moved toward you.

Grab (Ettin):
Action Roll (Diff 12): [1] -Critical Failure-

The Ettin moved toward you, intending to bind you again. But it didn't realize how slippery the floor had become after so much fluids were lost by the butterfly monster. He slipped, crashing into a nearby assortment of shelves.

[Flavor Roll]: [5]

Still stunned by the impact, the most hurt head shouted angrily:
"Grah! Once I get this flea I'm going to butcher it right away!"

The less-hurt head had another idea.
"Wait, let's hear this one out. Maybe it can actually be of use."

The hurt grunted.
"Grgh, right. I will just study it right away if it proves useless."

The other head nodded in approval.

"What kind of use can you offer? You better not disappoint us."
"I have some skill with alchemy and know about the impending destruction of this world."

"What, exactly, are you doing here? I might have some other skills that I didn't know were relevant to your work."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 22, 2017, 03:23:34 pm »

"I have some skill with alchemy and know about the impending destruction of this world."

"What, exactly, are you doing here? I might have some other skills that I didn't know were relevant to your work."
"Alchemy mmh? You heard that?"

"I guess it could be interesting... grr. I still demand to see if it brings us any useful knowledge. Though you heard what he said about the end of the world? This one may actually just have a screw loose."

The Ettin had got out from the mess of broken shelves.
"We are studying this creature. And looking for good magical ingredients."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 99