Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 213053 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 13
« Reply #450 on: November 27, 2017, 11:01:35 am »

"Gaah! What in the world is... Oh? A sword of bones? Well, it would seem someone lurks who has greater control over bones than I. Perhaps soon I can remedy that, but for now... I suppose I might as well reap the fruits of their labor."

Take the bone sword. If nothing jumps out at me for doing so, continue wandering in search of something interesting.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 12
« Reply #451 on: November 27, 2017, 11:22:23 am »

Head towards the west.
Did you miss me, Nakeen?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 12
« Reply #452 on: November 27, 2017, 11:29:41 am »

Head towards the west.
Did you miss me, Nakeen?
This sounds like something straight out of an action movie.
"Did'ja miss me, Nakeen? I wasn't done when you omitted my turn, and now it's payback time baby."
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 27, 2017, 01:03:35 pm »

Go'Von realized, he wasn't hunting anymore, But being hunted! Pretend to not notice, and keep moving. Be ready for a fight at any moment.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 27, 2017, 02:40:42 pm »

Quickly modify the pheromones I am releasing from my body to match the intensity of the Miasma Dragon's energy, and attempt to cause it to calm. Getting it stoned would also work too. God this is a terrible idea.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 27, 2017, 02:58:07 pm »

but what about my action?
I mean I thought I mentioned a plan for stealing eggs way earlierr, but I could be misremembering.

Ah sorry! Taking care of it once I get home, I somehow missed it.

Head towards the west.
Did you miss me, Nakeen?
And I somehow also missed you. Woops.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 27, 2017, 03:57:28 pm »

Missed Turns:

Gordy the Toothbaby (Paxiecrunchie)
Inform the great river lord that we accept his deal, however ask fo for more information regarding which trees thesse birds roost in and when the are most active, additonallyask weather a live adult would also make a suita.
ble meal After reciving this information go egg hunting prefferably whenever the birds are least active if we we spot an adult and it does not spot us, attemppt to ambush it and paralyse it.
 It cougld be a useful host later when we come back, graab as man egss as we can while still climbin and return to the riverbank.

You head for the given location of a nest until you spot a tree with carcasses at its base. This is the place. Observing the situation from afar, you see no bird inside the nest perched atop the tree's branches. But there is one circling in the skies, standing watch...

Egg Stealing:
Action Roll (Diff 12): [20] -Critical Success-

That's no problem. You prepare a crafty plan, using a nearby mammal as a decoy. Parasiting it is no big deal, and once it is done, you manipulate it to cause a ruckus near the nest, all the while hiding in the shadows.

The reaction is immediate, the bird screeches and dives toward the parasited mammal. Right at that moment, you let go, leaving a panicked and running creature. As the bird is busy with the decoy, you swiftly get in and grab as many eggs as possible. With your loot in hand, you head back to the riverbank...

(...)

The eel monster is amazed, and drooling.
"No way, so fast! My, would you look at these delicious eggs... mmmmh."

He can barely contains himself.
"Amazing. My name is Walarp. We got a deal, I will help you in whatever task you need."

Nearby Monsters:
-Mangrove Tentacled Eel Monster [Not enough inspiration for a name]

Spoiler: Gordy's Status (click to show/hide)

Xizilitiz, the Lesser Angel (crazyabe)
Head towards the west.

Flavor Roll: [4]

Further West, the Lesser Angel headed. Moving carefully along the tall grasses, you made sure not to disturb any potentially hostile wildlife. The sun had set hours ago, and darkness covered the world. That was a cloudy night.

Flying in the night, you spotted lights ahead. You had never seen one, but you knew what it was. A human village.

Spoiler: Xizilitiz Status (click to show/hide)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 27, 2017, 04:23:39 pm »

Perhaps a good name for that monster would be mangrove keeper/creeper?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 27, 2017, 04:59:45 pm »

Perhaps a good name for that monster would be mangrove keeper/creeper?
In for creeper :)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 28, 2017, 03:12:09 am »

"Let's see if we can gather some artifacts before being followed. We still have an advantage, but this level seems to be more populated. Or, at least, Guardians are more active here."

Gathering artifacts while avoiding detection!

((Somewhat resembles Pac-Man. Hopefully we can gather more artifacts before unavoidable combat.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 28, 2017, 03:32:39 am »

"I was hoping that you would say that- yes, I think that we should work together."

"Do you have any particular long-term or short-term plans that I should know about?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 28, 2017, 02:38:37 pm »

"Rise and shine, kid. The Gargarm is dead and I've successfully absorbed its essence. If you haven't realized it yet, the guards found you and brought you back. The one called Veras has gone to do some errand, not sure where the rest is."

"Oh, and be careful. Your internal wounds still haven't healed completely."

Greet Prias.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 28, 2017, 05:34:28 pm »

''Oh great Walarp, I go by Gordy, I am surprised that you would even doubt me for I am a creature true to my word, my only regret was being unable to capture one of the adults and fly here. I shrug as if to indicate that my previous  life and death ordeal was merely a small trifle.

As for what I want and what you could provide...well my...associate, I hope you will forgive me for not thinking you a friend...what I want is very simple I wish to rule the greatest of the toothbaby and fangchild tribes in the west, and for such a task of slight difficulty I need a a great host, if you could find me a beast stronger than you and help me bind it to my will, then you may very well become a legend among our people for sparing the life of their futures greatest king? what say you? If you decline I wont have any hard feelings but if you try and drown me or other funny business along the way...then I am afraid the feeling I have towards you wont sway my mercies...

I leave him hanging with both threat and offer.

If he accepts I leap upon his back{without parasitizing him] and let him take me to which ever best he feels might pose us a challenge.

If he declines I continue along the river bank.

If he tries to suddenly betray me or some nastiness I do my best to make him my next host.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 9
« Reply #463 on: November 28, 2017, 11:49:03 pm »

Aspred Bagrid, the Enormous Catfish Serpent
Search for the whale, stealthily. If I find it, observe it from afar, outside of its range of vision. Continue stalking it from a distance. Try to learn more about it and identify potential weaknesses. Check if it makes contact with other whales, especially younger, more vulnerable ones.
Insert witty signature here

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 29, 2017, 04:56:36 am »

Turn 14:

Turn 13

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling (Dustan Hache)
gnaw at their minds to drive them off. They probably won't be able to track my mental attacks, and will flee when they realise this is what killed the gnome. Wake the gnomes afterward.

Mind Eater:
Combat Roll (Int 1 vs Ind 0): [10] vs [8, 6, 7]
Critical Roll: [9] -Normal Hit-

These monsters minds are simplistic, and it is no hard task for you to eat at them. They bark in annoyance, and leave the place. They do gaze at your position before leaving, as if they knew something was there.

The danger gone, you wake up the gnomes. The one which was the most mentally damaged is still in a dazed state, but the other wakes up in surprise, rolling backward and hissing aggressively at you.

Nearby Monsters:
-1 Dark Gnome: Surprised!
-1 Dark Gnome: Dazed
-3 Gaunt Hounds: Gone

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
I'm ready, let's start this audience

"Is that so. Follow me then."

The Arachnastinian leads you to the "throne room" of this fortress. A massive room with walls constructed from living trees and sturdy webs, the ceiling is cone shaped and a trail of light descends from a large central hole.

There are many tall and strong looking Arachnastinians around. You can feel from them the aura of battle-hardened veterans. And ruling over them, is Veleshk, the Arachnastinian Overlord.

Taller, stronger and more imposing than all creatures present in the room. A crimson carapace with a vivid luster, golden eyes that seems to pierce at your soul. For a monster, he walks with a regal presence. It speaks to you, and only its deep voice resonates in the vast hall.

"The Arachnastinians welcome you in our humble abode. Your presence can only mean one thing, isn't it? I reckon your people will join our ranks to become our allies. Let me hear your answer."

The Overlord starts right away by pushing you into a corner.

Nearby Monsters:
-Veleshk, Arachnastinian Overlord
-Kelechikara, Arachnastinian Diplomat
-Numerous Elite Arachnastinian

The Protoquin (Failbird105)
The Protoquin

DIE!

PUNCH HARDER

Protoquin Punch:
Combat Roll (Str 0 vs Con -1): [1]-2 (Loss of Self) -Critical Failure-
Critical Roll: [4] -Normal Defense-
Damage: -1 Individuality

You throw another passionate punch toward the last nightmare. But you suddenly feel unsteady, and your mind blank for an instant. In the next second, tendrils are grabbing at your arm, and this terrible sensation fills you once more.

Who are you? What are you?

You are starting to forget yourself. All that remains is your desire to destroy your enemy.

Protoquin Punch:
Combat Roll (Str 0 vs Con -1): [9]-4 (Severe Loss of Self) vs [3]
Critical Roll: [5] -Normal Counterattack-
Damage: 2*1.5 = [3]

With your other arm, you punch at the thing, breaking apart its tendrils. Your punch got a good effect, the thing has lost half its structure.

It retaliates.

Corrupting Tendrils:
Combat Roll (Str -1 vs Con 0): [1] -Critical Failure-
Critical Roll: [1] -Normal Counterattack-
Damage: 1*1.5 = [2]

More tendrils lash at you and the moment they strike your body, they dissolve. Not in a state to think deeply about these implications, you throw another punch at the tendril thing, successfully destroying it.

Now what? Who are you? What to do?

More corrupted nightmares emerge from this black dream, surrounding you. You are going to surrender yourself to them, when a sudden flash of light blinds you.

The sun. You are outside.

A warm ray of sun is stroking your face, and the ball of fur is right next to you, still sleeping. You are feeling unwell, but alive. Your sense of self is in a terrible state.

You earned something from this nightmare, but you are in no state to understand what.

Nearby Monster:
-Ball of Fur?

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)

Theta, the Wolf (Rautherdir)
Find a safe place to rest and recover my energy.

You leave the site of battle, looking for a suitable resting spot. Lying in a small abandoned lair, you take a nap to recover your forces.

HP fully recovered
2MP recovered

Spoiler: Theta Status (click to show/hide)

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
"Gaah! What in the world is... Oh? A sword of bones? Well, it would seem someone lurks who has greater control over bones than I. Perhaps soon I can remedy that, but for now... I suppose I might as well reap the fruits of their labor."

Take the bone sword. If nothing jumps out at me for doing so, continue wandering in search of something interesting.

Nothing but a white moth flies at you. You lift the heavy bone broadsword, and take a moment to feel it. Wielding it feels damn right.

[Bone Broadsword acquired]

Afterward, you resume your wandering.

Flavor Roll: [5]

You imagine seeing a familiar shape. Oh, it does bring you back. That undead rider that fought against and alongside you, you wondered a bit what he became. What a coincidence it would be to meet him right aw-

-Wait. That's not your imagination.

A centauric figure is outlined in the fog. It is moving toward you. You don't even bother putting your guard up, and from the fog emerge the Dead Rider from that time.

"You. So you survived."

Yep.

Nearby Monsters:
-Dead Rider:

Spoiler: Terrence Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von realized, he wasn't hunting anymore, But being hunted! Pretend to not notice, and keep moving. Be ready for a fight at any moment.

Awareness:
Action Roll (Diff 7): [19]
Outcome Roll: [6] -Overshoot-

You keep moving normally, despite sensing danger. You are now creeping over mossy ground, the moss is getting denser and denser. There is also a smell of vomit in the air.

You feel the danger getting closer and closer, until any sense of danger disappear all of a sudden. You don't feel any hostility anymore.

This is definitely not normal. Maybe your unnaturally natural attitude was giveaway that you noticed an ambush?

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Quickly modify the pheromones I am releasing from my body to match the intensity of the Miasma Dragon's energy, and attempt to cause it to calm. Getting it stoned would also work too. God this is a terrible idea.

To Stone a Big Beastie:
Action Roll (Diff 15): [10]
Outcome Roll: [5] -Okay-

You start releasing a lot of calming pheromones, taking inspiration on your encounter with the Miasma Dragon.

The great monster blows once.
"What an annoying smell."

It slams the ground with its tail, causing trees to shake and fruits to fall.
"Do you know who I am? I am Jeruga, the lord of these lands. And this is my personal domain. Tell me what is the meaning of all of this."

Nearby Monsters:
-A lot of friendly slimes: Scared!
-Jeruga, Master of the Orchard: Angry

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
"Let's see if we can gather some artifacts before being followed. We still have an advantage, but this level seems to be more populated. Or, at least, Guardians are more active here."

Gathering artifacts while avoiding detection!

((Somewhat resembles Pac-Man. Hopefully we can gather more artifacts before unavoidable combat.))

Avoiding Detection:
Action Roll (10): [14]
Outcome Roll: [3] -Critical Success-

Combining Astrosa's eyes and your carefully planned route, you successfully avoid the path of any Guardian that may be roaming in this level. Next sneak actions will be positively affected.

Flavor Roll: [5]

You chose to explore a large room that was marked with an intriguing note. "Arsenal?" was the note. You stand before a massive door, wide and tall enough for a large dragon to pass through easily. Opening it would be unwise to you, fortunately there is a smaller personal sized door right next to it.

Astrosa opens the door, and you both enter. This is a massive room, so tall and wide that it would be better to call it a hangar. You are momentarily dazed at what you are looking at.

This "hangar" is filled with incredible "machines" with unknown purposes. They range from small to mammoth proportions, and they are all neatly arranged. There are also several "racks" filled with strange devices. They evoke you weapons, or are they tools?

There are also "armors" of all sizes and shape nearby. Most seem to be tailored for humanoids, the others for strange shaped beings.

Everything there is well maintained.

"What is all of this?..."

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

(Shard of) Breadweed, the Resilient (ATHATH)
"I was hoping that you would say that- yes, I think that we should work together."

"Do you have any particular long-term or short-term plans that I should know about?"

"Great news."
"Indeed."

"Long term plan is to become a stronger shaman. Nothing grand, really. Maybe one day take my revenge on the shaman that exiled me, but that's not a priority. Short term wise, I need to craft a better staff. For that, I need to find some quality wood, and your skills could help in that."

"I'm Gerl. You are?"

Immediately afterward, you both notice the butterfly monster is dead.
"Ah crap! So fast?! It couldn't have been that small organ could it..."

Nearby Monsters:
-Blue Ettin:
-Butterfly monster: Dead

Spoiler: Breadweed Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
"Rise and shine, kid. The Gargarm is dead and I've successfully absorbed its essence. If you haven't realized it yet, the guards found you and brought you back. The one called Veras has gone to do some errand, not sure where the rest is."

"Oh, and be careful. Your internal wounds still haven't healed completely."

Greet Prias.

Prias takes a look at you.
"You seem less worn. So you will keep changing as you absorb this "essence"?"

He attempts to readjust his sitting position, and grimaces from the pain.
"Urgh!..."

He takes a moment to slowly sit in a more comfortable position, and then speaks to you.
"So, you watched over me all this time? Guess that makes you more of a guardian angel than a cursed relic... Thanks. I mean it."

"What are you really? Do you have some goal, or something?"

From his last sentence, you could understand that he subtly asked for a way to repay you.

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Gordy the Toothbaby (Paxiecrunchie)
''Oh great Walarp, I go by Gordy, I am surprised that you would even doubt me for I am a creature true to my word, my only regret was being unable to capture one of the adults and fly here. I shrug as if to indicate that my previous  life and death ordeal was merely a small trifle.

As for what I want and what you could provide...well my...associate, I hope you will forgive me for not thinking you a friend...what I want is very simple I wish to rule the greatest of the toothbaby and fangchild tribes in the west, and for such a task of slight difficulty I need a a great host, if you could find me a beast stronger than you and help me bind it to my will, then you may very well become a legend among our people for sparing the life of their futures greatest king? what say you? If you decline I wont have any hard feelings but if you try and drown me or other funny business along the way...then I am afraid the feeling I have towards you wont sway my mercies...

I leave him hanging with both threat and offer.

If he accepts I leap upon his back{without parasitizing him] and let him take me to which ever best he feels might pose us a challenge.

If he declines I continue along the river bank.

If he tries to suddenly betray me or some nastiness I do my best to make him my next host.

"Doubting me after my obvious show of goodwill? Don't be mistaken, I am grateful and impressed by your feat, but I don't take kindly to threats. That is too bad, no, disappointing rather. I thought more highly of you."

He points in a direction, and then says:
"If you want to find a beast stronger than I, I will help you fulfill your wish. And that will be the end of our deal. Follow me."

Walarp takes the eggs, and then start swimming along the river. He is keeping a fair distance from you, and you can feel wariness from him.

Eventually, he stops and then says:
"This is the furthest I will be able to go. You will have to continue alone, just in direction until you find a ground covered in bones."

Nearby Monsters:
-Mangrove Tentacled Eel Monster [Not enough inspiration for a name]

Spoiler: Gordy's Status (click to show/hide)

Aspred Bagrid, the Enormous Catfish Serpent (GigaGiant)
Aspred Bagrid, the Enormous Catfish Serpent
Search for the whale, stealthily. If I find it, observe it from afar, outside of its range of vision. Continue stalking it from a distance. Try to learn more about it and identify potential weaknesses. Check if it makes contact with other whales, especially younger, more vulnerable ones.

Search:
Action Roll (8 ): [10]
Outcome Roll: [6] -Overshoot-

Following the noise, you quickly found the whale monster that emitted it. That one creature was not the one that chased you.

This one was much, much bigger. It had coral not only on its back, but on its fins and underbelly too. Furthermore, it was also bigger than you.

The massive Coralfort Whale turned toward you for a few seconds and emitted a chilling noise. Then it resumed its course. You understood the message as "Don't follow me".

Nearby Monsters:
-Massive Coralfort Whale

Spoiler: Aspred Bagrid Status (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 99