Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 213039 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 13
« Reply #495 on: February 02, 2018, 11:45:35 pm »

Turn 15: Holy Banana an update!

Turn 14

Gordy the Toothbaby (Paxiecrunchie)
It wasn't a threat, just a promise that if he tries to eat me I would ruin his day, same as before, I mean I wouldn't call deciding not to kill you being nice either, that's just a normal thing to do....what weird standards that guy has.

I thank the serpent for his assistance  and promise him that should I succeed in my goals he will be well cared for, I then climb the nearest tree and attempt to branchiate my way towards the direction in which I was posted, further I do my best to stay in the shadows whenever possible.

Flavor Roll: [3]
Before leaving for good, Walarp decided out of a sudden to send some parting words in your direction.
"Let's meet again."

Despite its upset tone, it did seem like the Margreel was somewhat worried about you? A riddle for ages.

On your side, you promised that you would succeed in your goal. And maybe meet again, who knew what the future had in spades...

You then climbed up a nearby tree, and started moving from tree to tree, toward the direction that was given to you. There, you would find a ground covered in bones according to Walarp.

Moving undetected:
Action Roll (8 ): [1]
Outcome Roll: [6] -Partial Failure-

You did your best to meld into the shadows, avoiding unwanted attraction. Despite your steady movements, your instinct was informing you that in these foreign territories, your act of trespassing was definitely detected...

[-1 Sneak]

Finally, you found the start of the place Walarp spoke about. Five trees ahead, the ground was littered with clean bones and carcasses of all kind. There was no sound, and lesser lifeforms seemed to have deserted the place.

Nearby Monsters:
-None

Spoiler: Gordy's Status (click to show/hide)

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
"That is exactly what I came for. Our people used to live on the northen forests. The place is only an ashen wasteland filled with burnt corpses, since it was completely burned by the demons from the mountains. I was the only survivor of those who fought.
Demons have begun expanding their territory and attacking neighboring locations, destroying the enviroment and killing their inhabitants. I fear that thry might attack this jungle next. But maybe, if we join your kingdom we will have a chance at survival.
While this jungle has it's own dangers, I would prefer to be consumed by a hungry monster than figthing these demons.
Our people is in need of protection. While the Sylvarians are sturdy, we are not natural killers like the demons. Will your people aid us?"

Yes, our people wants to join their ranks for protection. We can't refuse.

Diplomacy:
Action Roll (10): [12]+6 (Various situational bonuses +6)
Outcome Roll: [4] -Epic Success-

The moment you finished your sentence, the mighty Veleshk clapped his clawed hand-like appendages together and stood up. Then with a bolstering voice that filled the air, he exclaimed:
"Marvelous! A sensible envoy, insightful and aware of the stakes at hands! You do not disappoint, envoy Neophytos. You will fear for your survival no longer in the Arachnastinian Kingdom, I guarantee it."

[The Sylvarian Refugees have been accepted in the Arachnastian Kingdom. For Glory!]

"As a new vassal of mine, your first task will be to convey my words to your people. The Diplomat Kelechikara will accompany you to ascertain your people share your opinion. Once their loyalty as new subjects will be confirmed, I will make sure to send an elite Swarm to protect your settlement and its particular tree."

If he had been a human, he would probably have been smiling.

"The various abilities of your people will be put to good use. Fighters and non-combattants alike will each have a role to play in the growing kingdom. Let us walk the path of glory together as one, envoy Neophytos."

As a proof of your new citizenship, an Arachnastinian Warrior gave you a bracelet made of incredibly sturdy webs. As long as you wear it, Monsters of the Savarde Jungle will know of your allegiance.

(...)

After this ceremonious display was over, the Overlord added:
"You spoke of Demons of the North? We never heard of this species, nor have news of these faraway lands. All of us would be greatly interested in your informations, and from what you said, they could represent potential future enemies."

Nearby Monsters:
-Veleshk, Arachnastinian Overlord
-Kelechikara, Arachnastinian Diplomat
-Numerous Elite Arachnastinian

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling (Dustan Hache)
"Be calm. You remember? I protect you. help you hide. Hounds came, found dead friend. I made them leave. You safe for now."
Try to calm the surprised gnome. I would rather not be getting into a fight with them. Flee if they do attack me.

Calm the Gnomes:
Action Roll (10): [10]
Outcome Roll: [2] -Success-

Despite not being very bright naturally, the Dark Gnome somehow manages to understand your reasoning. Deciding to trust you, the creature says in the common tongue:
"Ri gone... Ri gone..."

It seems to be talking about the dead gnome. Then pointing at its face, the humanoid adds:
"Lek."

They then point toward the dazed Gnome, and says "Kla". Finally it points at you with an inquisitive look.

[Reminder: You previously obtained information on where to find the Ogre Camps and their Shamans]

Nearby Monsters:
-1 Dark Gnome: Mourning [Friendly]
-1 Dark Gnome: Dazed [Friendly]

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
"Indeed. It is good to see you, my friend. How have you fared?"

Greet the dead rider peacefully, at least for now. I certainly remember how the two of us met...

"Decently. Still in one piece, and unliving. How about you, 'friend'?"

He snickers a bit, before saying upfront:
"I have tried to leave this place since we parted, to no avail. I never managed to leave these foggy lands."

Nearby Monsters:
-Dead Rider: ['Friendly']

Spoiler: Terrence Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
"Yeah, the more essence I absorb, the stronger I become. ... Hm, I wonder if you can absorb it as well." ((Actually, that'd be interesting knowledge. If he can, he's got a monster bloodline. If not, he can go Hero. EDIT: now that I checked the info Caedan got on them, I guess he can even if he's not part-monster, though it won't make him grow in power like monsters can))

"It's only natural, kid. In a way, we are one and the same now. Though you're taking it pretty well, compared to some of my previous wielders."

"As far as I remember, I'm just a weapon... If I had any other goal aside from driving my wielder to fulfill what they desire to do the most, I've long forgotten it."

Eximius grows quiet after saying that, and only after a short while he lets out a slightly forced chuckle. "Heh, I suppose that's what old age feels like to you humans."

"Anyway, don't worry about me. If I remember, I'll let you know."

Conversation!

For a moment that felt like 65 days, Prias took your words in and processed them.
"That is amazing... Ah, sorry. I never really thought about it, but being acquainted with a talking weapon is pretty incredible. There are many stories of cursed artifacts and malevolent possessed swords... But you... you feel like a guide."

You could have sworn he was about to say 'guardian angel'.

"Would you mind if I introduced you to Veras? I trust him, and I think he would make a great ally for you."

Flavor Roll: [4]
All the time Prias slept, you probed its latent potential. While you were not as accurate as you were in your prime, you could feel that there was room for growth for your wielder. But curiously, you felt something akin to restraints over his power. It wasn't clear, but his true potential was definitely being limited by something.

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
(oh, I missed a turn. That's unfortunate.)

Thinking quickly, Skee leaps from the Junbara's body and stings the amphibian before scurrying away to hide either inside a trunk, a hole in the ground or under some leaves, waiting once again for the poison to take effect.

Sting and Hide:
Action Roll (5): [12]
Outcome Roll: [1] -Success-

You successfully sting the immobile monster, and then rush inside a nearby trunk. There, you wait and watch as the monster starts transforming...

Flavor Roll: [1]

In a matter of a second, the amphibian changes and grows. Its two limbs have become much more muscular, and sturdier and sharper claws have grown at the end of them.
Its once dark green skin has now turned into a lighter shade of green, and various yellow and black markings have appeared on its whole body. Looking at them for a while give the impression that these patterns move along the body of the monster. Furthermore, its skin has become noticeably more lustrous as it starts excreeting a slimy fluid...
Its whole body is also noticeably bigger now.

The monster streches, and emits a sound of satisfaction.
"Stronger... I have become stronger!"

The poison doesn't seem to be taking effect... was it because of the evolution?

It then starts looking around, probably for you. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be able to can pinpoint your location.

Nearby Monsters:
-Evolved Two-legged Amphibian [Tentative name: Zelacko] Hostile!

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Fluorine, the Harpie - (AbstractTraitorHero)
Flourine did not look particularly amused whatsoever and quietly this was clearly a joke in her eyes if they did not realize how humans could be dangerous in truth then they were hopeless and she wasn't going to waste her time.

Flourine is now going to get out of here.

The inquisitive Triclops didn't bat an eye as you took off, not intent on losing any more second here.

As such, you headed further West.

Event Roll: [3]
The frozen air of the snow covered peaks was starting to inconvenience you a little, but you didn't mind yet. From the skies, you admired this picturesque landscape. Most of these mountains were painted a pure white, and only a few places had avoided the strokes of whatever artist used snow as a paint, revealing the gray rock lying underneath the snow.

After a while, you felt a change in the wind currents. If you continued further West, you were sure you would reach a new place. Unfortunately, you also noticed the dimming visibility that heralded the approach of the night. It would be wise to find a place where to rest, for who knew what kind of creatures hunted there at night...

Nearby Monsters:
-None

Spoiler: Fluorine Status (click to show/hide)

(Shard of) Breadweed, the Resilient (ATHATH)
"Ooh, a corpse! I used to know this really great necromancer guy. And when I say "great", I mean "really friggin' great". He had such a great mastery over death that he gained a mastery of life as well- he could shape organic materials into whatever form he desired by just looking at them, and could make retroviruses that could create entire new species. He was greedy, though- he tried to kill me once because I accidentally destroyed a valuable object while attempting to make gold-plants. Good times, good times. A real shame that he died, oh, I'd say about a minute ago. At least, I assume that he did- my homeworld was just destroyed. Fortunately, a new world has arisen to take its place. What were we talking about, again?"

"Oh, right, the corpse. Say, what happens if you pour a purpose of "to live" on a corpse? Does it rise as a zombie or something?"

"May I take that corpse's essence, should you, or should we split it?"

"Necromancy huh... Must be awesome to manipulate life and death. I have never met one, only crossed the path of a few undead. I learnt more about life by cutting open these undead than creatures... Funny huh? They have that strange energy that replace the 'vital energy' living beings are supposed to have. Wish I could understand that though."

The Ettin listened to your questions attentively.
"I don't think it would create a zombie. Probably? Or maybe it would? Mmh, in theory, I imagine a perfect "To Live" purpose should give life to a corpse. How would 'to live' be understood by alchemy then? Would the thing start moving and eating and reproducing? Mmh... Or would die right away?"

Completely lost in its thoughts, the Ettin waved its hand.
"Ah sure sure. That one was a small fry anyway."

+1 Essence

(...)

"My name is Beldr, by the way."

Nearby Monsters:
-Beldr, the Blue Ettin: Friendly
-Butterfly monster: Dead

Spoiler: Breadweed Status (click to show/hide)

Theta, the Wolf (Rautherdir)
Go out and discern what is in the area.

Scouting the area:
Action Roll (Diff 10): [14]
Outcome Roll: [4] -Epic Success-

It just so happens that this lair was located on a tall hill giving a wide view over the surroundings. Poking you head out of the woods and into an area devoid of trees, you give a wide look to the area. You are even able to see the horizon from there.

To the East, there are very distant trails of black smoke rising. It must be the demons...
To the North, the view is obstructed by taller hills.
To the South, the forest spreads over and until the horizon.
Finally after a short walk, you see that to the West, there is a vast fog covered plain. The fog slightly reaches into the forests, but overall doesn't seem to leave the plain.

You also spotted various ruins all over the place, not unlike those in the Elon Woods you once lived in. There are also quite a good number of monsters living here, but curiously, they don't seem to attack each others so much despite the proximity.

[Bonus to next action +4]

Spoiler: Theta Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
"Stay vigilant. This room is too well-maintained after ruins we saw. I doubt this would be arsenal, too open and unguarded. Maybe a storage or some sort of equipment for special occasions? Let's see..."

Carefully explore, one item at time, avoiding complex machines. Start with "armor". Remain vigilant.

Astrosa looks closely at your every move as you start studying an "armor"... All of this is way over her capabilities, and she is visibly impressed.

Careful Archeology ho! (Armor):
Action Roll (15): [14] (Expansive Mind +2 Intelligence +2)
Outcome Roll: [1] -Success-

You close your eyes. Inhale, exhale. You forget your surroundings, only to focus on the object in front of you. A humanoid shaped armor made of an unknown metal. Cold and inanimate, this armor feels just like any other tool at first. It seems to have a variable shape, and the inner materials are more fragile, some soft even. More importantly, there is an intricate "machinery" inside this metallic frame.

Then with your magical sense and knowledge, you probe once more the armor. Like the shield-generating artifact you found earlier, it seems there are spells "socketed" inside this armor. Those are much, much more complex though. Several layers of them, interconnected and dormant.

It seems this armor would improve the strength of its wearer, and definitely more. That is all you can grasp, and you can also feel some form of security system "locking" the armor...

[Future Archeology Attempts +1]

You then move on to study a tool made to be wielded with two hands.

Careful Archeology ho! (Tool):
Action Roll (15): [12] (Expansive Mind +2 Intelligence +2 Bonus +1)
Outcome Roll: [2] -Success-

This one is curious. You can easily tell which part is the front and which is the end. There is some sort of trigger on the end part, with additional buttons and switch around it. The front is flat and circular, with spikes evenly spread around it.

There is no security system in this tool, only some sort of switch locking its capabilities. There is a powersource loaded inside the tool too...

Carefully, you remove the security trigger and turn the tool on. There is a humming noise for a second, and then nothing. The spikes and a blue sigil on the back of the tool start glowing. The moment you look at the sigil, you get the same feeling as when you attempted to decypher the ancient words.

This time though, you manage not to be overwhelmed. The sigil is speaking to you, but most of what it is saying is incomprehensible to you. What you get though, is that this tool has several modes, and is overall intended to be used as an excavation device.

From that very meaning, you understand that this facility must be some sort of "mining facility". These armors were then probably meant to be used by "miners".

[Future Archeology Attempts +2] (doesn't stack)

Astrosa has been holding her breath since you activated the tool. She warily asks:
"Can you... use that?"

Yes and no. You can use it, but you have no idea how exactly. You feel like someone who has been given a bow, was told what it is meant to be used for, but only managed to figure out that the string can be pulled.

[Time is passing. Nothing happened for now.]

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Aspred Bagrid, the Enormous Catfish Serpent (GigaGiant)
Aspred Bagrid, the Enormous Catfish Serpent
Leave the whale alone and search for weaker prey.

Flavor Roll: [6]
You notice that the whale is bruised, as if it fought recently. With that knowledge in mind, you start searching another prey...

Search:
Action Roll (10): [19]
Outcome Roll: [3] -Epic Success-

Following some hunch, you head for the direction you estimated the whale came from. And to your monstrous joy, you find a mangled but still alive crustacean of huge proportions. Its shell is shattered, half its limbs are gone, and the rest are not functionning really well.

Nearby Monsters:
-Giant Shrimp-like monster: Mangled / Badly Wounded
Appearance: a shrimp like creature with marine blue shell.

Spoiler: Aspred Bagrid Status (click to show/hide)

Xizilitiz, the Lesser Angel (crazyabe)
Head into the village.

You head for the human village, finally having found the objective of your journey...

Event Roll: [2]
As you draw closer to the village, you hear whistling. It comes from a human in hunting gear, he seems to to be waving at you. Naturally, you wave back. The human approaches, but remains at quite a distance from you, its bow aiming at you.

A woman's voice asks you:
"Do you have a name?"

Nearby Human:
-Woman in hunting gear: Bow Drawn Neutral?

Spoiler: Xizilitiz Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
"Do you think I could spar with one of them?
I haven't had the chance to test myself since parting from Masen."

See about getting a spar. Ask Hinrab if he could make my opponent slightly resistant to the elements if my elemental nature would be life-threatening in a spar.

"Of course! Here in training grounds, anyone, no matter their allegiance or blood, may challenge a fellow warrior to a spar according to the tradition. You may ask them yourself, many warriors would be eager to challenge an outsider."

He went on about how in the past, these duels were very deadly. Now, most of these were non-lethal, amical spars using training weapons. Everyone was expected to fight honorably, without trying to cripple or lethaly wound its opponent.

When you asked about making your opponent resistant to the elements, he doubted any warrior there would accept. It was seen as dishonorable to fight a duel with any sort of outside help.

You asked around if anyone would like to spar with you, telling you would be honored to find an opponent to test your mettle. Initially, a few waiting warriors started moving toward you to answer you call, until an aggressive voice rang out.

"Hey masked bastard. I don't know where you come from, but you think you are some big shot? I will be challenging you."

The man's name was Yarek, a known troublemaker there who picked up on unsuspecting foreigners. Some warriors frowned, and called out to him.

"What's wrong guys? I answered to his challenge request, as per the tradition. And as per the tradition, it would be dishonorable for him not to answer me, right? And you defintely aren't a coward, right masked bastard?"

Hinrab started saying something, but then Yarek threateningly cut him.
"Don't interfere. You know the tradition right? He is the one that have to answer me."

Hinrab whispered to you.
"He is merely trying to provocate you, you have all right to refuse his challenge. Don't worry, none present would see your answer as dishonorable."

Nearby Humans:
-Hinrab, Masen disciple: Friendly
-Yarek, Ashafan Warrior: An Ass
-Many Warriors: Friendly

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

The Protoquin (Failbird105)
Protoquin

get out of here and clear my head

You leave this accursed place, and hide behind a large boulder. There is cool and soft wind blowing, helping you refresh your head.

What is it I gazed at?:
Action Roll (The higher the better): [11]

You are a Protoquin. Somehow, you ended in this strange realm, and have been attempting to survive. You are you.
Individuality restored

Your thoughts are echoing strongly inside your head, it is painful and vivid. Calming yourself is hard, and when you grasp onto your sense of self, you can feel the pain slowly fading away.

There is still this strange... thing you earned from this dream. For now, you are unsure if you should delve into it. It is in your head, but as long as you don't do anything with it, it cannot affect you.

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:42:16 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 15
« Reply #496 on: February 02, 2018, 11:46:29 pm »

Do tell if I missed something! I will try to focus on updating frequently, no promise though, but I will try my best!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 02, 2018, 11:53:10 pm »

((It's only turn 14. Glad to see this back.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 03, 2018, 12:04:33 am »

"Much the same. The past few weeks have been thrilling, to say the least. However, I have managed to arm myself, thankfully. Why do you aim to leave, though? So many lost souls roam this place. I can imagine no better populace from which to raise an army. Simple, numerous, and with the right touch, obedient."

((Welcome back, Nakeen!))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 12:09:21 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 03, 2018, 12:20:48 am »

"I Azarian. Am alone. Only one. Friend Kla, Friend Lek, come with to Sha-man? Help me?"
Ask the gnomes if they want to join me as I go to find the shaman. Regardless of the outcome, Take my leave and start traveling in the direction that they pointed me in.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 12:25:14 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2018, 12:39:46 am »

((It's only turn 14. Glad to see this back.))
((Updated! It is indeed turn 15, I just forgot to update the OP and the links))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 03, 2018, 01:08:24 am »

Turn 15 Minor Actions:

Turn 15

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
"Much the same. The past few weeks have been thrilling, to say the least. However, I have managed to arm myself, thankfully. Why do you aim to leave, though? So many lost souls roam this place. I can imagine no better populace from which to raise an army. Simple, numerous, and with the right touch, obedient."

((Welcome back, Nakeen!))

"You still bear this unhealthy ambition, though health is no longer a mattering issue for us hmm. I seek to leave to take care of matters involving my old living self, you could say. The past beckons me to finish something."

(...)

"Our interests doesn't seem to conflict. We know each other's worth, how about a temporary alliance? You help me get out of here, and I help you gather your army."

Nearby Monsters:
-Dead Rider: ['Friendly']

Spoiler: Terrence Status (click to show/hide)

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling (Dustan Hache)
"I Azarian. Am alone. Only one. Friend Kla, Friend Lek, come with to Sha-man? Help me?"
Ask the gnomes if they want to join me as I go to find the shaman. Regardless of the outcome, Take my leave and start traveling in the direction that they pointed me in.

Flavor Roll: [2]
"Sh-sha man? Danger! Danger! Shaman strong. Shaman kill..."

The Gnome named Lek is visibly distressed. It is clear he won't accompany you. But that doesn't matter, you leave anyway.

Event Roll: [5]

You head for the direction where the Ogres and their Shaman live. The shadowed streets you take are mostly uninhabited, and you only meet a few monstrous critter avoiding you. Using the memory of the gnome, you manage to avoid any potential dangerous encounter.

And finally, you reach the outskirt of the Ogre camp. There are crude visible fortifications around, made of piled up boulders and wood fragments. You don't attempt to get inside right now, and simply observe the surroundings for now.

There are Ogre Scouts guarding the area, but they don't seem very alert. After all, they didn't notice what you saw in the shade of the nearby alleys. There are several beings lurking, some are beings of thought, some are beings of flesh... Some have noticed and acknowledged your presence, and none seem to show hostility toward you. Rather, it feels like they are welcoming you as a fellow lurker.

Nearby Visible Monsters:
-3 Ogres Scouts: [Hostile]
-Several hidden beings: [Neutral+]

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 03, 2018, 01:10:17 am »

Uhh, Nakéen, I think you forgot me.

Go'Von realized, he wasn't hunting anymore, But being hunted! Pretend to not notice, and keep moving. Be ready for a fight at any moment.

I suspect you might have forgotten me because I shared the same color as dustan hache last turn.
"Be calm. You remember? I protect you. help you hide. Hounds came, found dead friend. I made them leave. You safe for now."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 01:11:49 am by Puppyguard »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 03, 2018, 01:58:41 am »

Nakéen returns! Ulkas & Astrosa, black archeologists!

I dare hope my wits do not elude me in a most unfortunate moment, EXCAVATION tools sounds dangerously awesome when one remembers which tools humanity routinely used to fasten excavation from ancient times to present. Although 'excavating' insides of some robots sounds like ridiculously awesome idea (I dare hope tools have an all-out mode).
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 03, 2018, 02:24:25 am »

Uhh, Nakéen, I think you forgot me.

Go'Von realized, he wasn't hunting anymore, But being hunted! Pretend to not notice, and keep moving. Be ready for a fight at any moment.

I suspect you might have forgotten me because I shared the same color as dustan hache last turn.

You probably missed it, but it was in the latest turn! (that I forgot to add to the first post)

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)

Awareness:
Action Roll (Diff 7): [19]
Outcome Roll: [6] -Overshoot-

You keep moving normally, despite sensing danger. You are now creeping over mossy ground, the moss is getting denser and denser. There is also a smell of vomit in the air.

You feel the danger getting closer and closer, until any sense of danger disappear all of a sudden. You don't feel any hostility anymore.

This is definitely not normal. Maybe your unnaturally natural attitude was giveaway that you noticed an ambush?

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 03, 2018, 02:49:45 am »

"I'd gladly assist in your endeavors if you would do the same for me! Then it is agreed. I shall help you take leave of this place, and in exchange receive your assistance in my quest to conquer."

If the undead rider has a proposed direction or method of travel, follow along. If not, just keep going the same way I'd been going. Best way out of any given location is to pick a direction and just keep walking.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 03, 2018, 04:07:22 am »

I updated Google Sheet to reflect recent changes (not that there were much to speak of). Now, I just need to sort out all important NPC and include those I missed before, thinking them insignificant.

There are many interesting things going on, with some interesting hooks for the later plot.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 03, 2018, 07:17:38 am »

((I literally shivered with excitement for a bit when I noticed the new turn.))

Eximius ponders the idea for a moment.

"Hm. Veras should be fine, feel free to tell him. But keep in mind that some people covet power and knowledge. If it becomes known that you own a sentient weapon I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to take me for themselves for whatever purpose. It happened before."

Try to take a better look at those restraints. Can I figure out any way to release them? If not, check on them every now and then from this point onwards to see if they're weakening.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 01:15:02 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 03, 2018, 07:56:05 am »

Stay hidden until the creature leaves. Then, start looking for yet another host. Third time's the charm !

[[I'm starting to consider retiring this little guy to go back to my vampire monster, seeing as he isn't exactly the most efficient guy around...]]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 08:00:40 am by Legendary Marksdorf »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 03, 2018, 08:01:03 am »

"Indeed, my lord. They came from the mountains without any warning and just murdered everything they could. I was the only one who survived between those who decided to fight back to protect the evacuees.
Demons are unlike monsters. They were very sttong, enough to slay the protector of the forest Darakion the Shegarian Dragon. They used fire magic and... The screams of the forest still haunt my mind. They just killed and burned, enjoying our suffering."

Try to remember the massacre. Describe the demons I fought against and their abilities.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 99