Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 212768 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 30
« Reply #855 on: August 10, 2018, 06:43:23 am »

Still sorry about that, I relate to the frustration of waiting!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 10, 2018, 07:30:33 am »

I'm not frustrated at all. I can definitely wait if you still have things to do.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 10, 2018, 07:32:24 am »

I'm not frustrated, just slightly anxious about 8th stage  ::)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 10, 2018, 02:16:57 pm »

I may be anxious, but life doesn't care about my anxiety. You make that turn when you're good and ready, Nakéen!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 10, 2018, 06:25:08 pm »

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 13, 2018, 04:55:01 pm »

I want to get back into this, but I forgot which turn was the last turn that I participated in. Can someone remind me which one it was?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 13, 2018, 11:12:55 pm »

I want to get back into this, but I forgot which turn was the last turn that I participated in. Can someone remind me which one it was?
Turn 15. Use search  ;)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 02, 2018, 10:31:33 am »

You ok Nakeen?

Also, something somethin about dipnoi.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 02, 2018, 12:47:15 pm »

Have patience. Also stop posting, 'cause that makes me think Nakeen posted. And then I find out it wasn't him and my hopes and dreams are crushed yet again.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 03, 2018, 09:54:51 am »

Have patience. Also stop posting, 'cause that makes me think Nakeen posted. And then I find out it wasn't him and my hopes and dreams are crushed yet again.
I felt the same way. I hope Nakeén is ok, he hasn't posted for a while.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 03, 2018, 10:35:25 am »

Nakéen often takes forum breaks, so I'm not very worried.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: October 21, 2018, 07:33:01 am »

Turn 31:

Turn 30

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
maybe they are not true undead. Try to psi siphon the mana from the bodies, and draw out whatever raised them.

[Psi-Siphon] -2MP
Combat Roll (Pow 1 vs Res -1 (x2)): [5] vs [8,8]
Flavor: [3]
A mysterious protection increased the Resistance of the Undead Ogres by 1.

Undead lacking vitality, you cast the Psi-Siphon spell in an attempt to drain away the Undead Ogres' mana. Surprisingly, your spell failed. It was as if it bounced on a protective ward.

Afterward, the Ogres perked up a bit, trying to pick up their surroundings with their long-rotten eyes. It seemed they were looking for the source of the disturbance, namely you.

[Perception]
Easy-Moderate 7: [10]
Outcome: [6] -Overshoot-

You sensed the presence of a mind in the dark corridor past the room the Ogres were located in. As you detected it, the presence detected you back. From the rough outline of its mind, you determined the being was decently intelligent.

Nearby Monsters:
-2 Undead Ogres (Res [-1]+1)
-1 Unknown Controller

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
((Ah, I see))

Squelchy's original plan was to keep all the essence for itself so that it may become powerful quickly to protect its allies. However, seeing as how well his allies performed, it figured they were due some reward. As such, Squelchy only absorbed 20 of the essence, allowing the other 4 slimes to split the remaining 20 between themselves, with each receiving five.

+10/10 Lesser/Medium Essence absorbed by Squelchy
Suqlechy can now transform! (to Stage3)

20 Lesser Essence shared to the 4 companions

Before leaving proper, you most probably transformed.

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
"Too bad. I was hoping to gain more before confronting such entities. With our equipment and abilities, we might yet prevail, but it would be disastrous at best. I really think we should try to avoid fighting for now."

Knowing that this potential enemy might have already felt their presence, Ulkas had to think fast:

"I'll try to teleport us closer to beacon and then we bet on speed for avoidance. If it still gives chase... Then we would think of strategy to raise our odds in confrontation."

Kill Skalruog & consume Essence, while preparing long-distance teleportation [high in the air at beacon direction]. Observe new surroundings and make sure we're not walking into more powerful entities. Try to put distance between us.

Having heard your plan, Astrosa nodded. "A sound suggestion."

You executed the Skalruogs for 10 Medium Essence and 5 Lesser Essence (How will you share it?)

You focused your magical energy for a long-ranged teleportation while Astrosa kept a close watch of the surroundings, and most importantly of the Tier 8 Monster. Liel helped you fine tune the coordinates of the teleportation.

[Advanced Magic: Translocation]:Long Range Teleportation] -10MP
[Advanced] 25: [2]+9 (Advanced Mastery 8, Liel 1)
Outcome: [5] -Partial Success-
Attempt#2 -10MP
[Advanced] 25: [16]+11 (Advanced Mastery 8, Liel 1, Previous Roll 2)
Outcome: [4] -Critical Success-
Second Attempt MP cost refunded

It took you a great deal of focus and energy to anchor the two spatial points you wished to translocate. Converting your magic energy into mental words of power, you then completed the spell. The Monster seemed far still, and fortunately nothing disturbed your spell preprations.

Astroas heeded to your side, and you activated the spell. Space warped around the two of you, giving you the impression of being inside a sphere made of woven strands of melded space. Then in an instant, the sphere collapsed and you were at the intended destination.

Flavor Roll: [2]
You scanned the surroundings from your high position. The vast lands kept expanding unstopped in each cardinal direction, leaving only the same scenery bar for the North.

For Northward, there was what seemed like a great settlement. Humans, or Monsters? You couldn't tell from such a distance. The settlement was very close to the beacon too.

As for the Tier 8 Monster, there was still no sign of it even though it had started moving. Slowly, but surely, you were now certain you must have had picked its interest. It didn't hide its intentions to tail you, and didn't seem in a hurry to "meet" you.

"Underground. It's moving underground."

Nearby Monsters:
[!!!]Unknown Stage 8 Monster (Tailing you from the underground)

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
Skee was disappointed. He thought that wearing the head of a fierce predator would get his pack the admiration they deserved. Instead of that, all these apes were staring at Shnapa like he was some sort of a deranged madman. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. He decided to discard the Banera's head.

Skee also noticed that his host's hands were ill-suited for wielding weapons. But that wasn't something he couldn't fix. Using [Bioengineer], Skee rearranged Shnapa's fingers to make his hands more human-like. If he doesn't already have these, grow some opposable thumbs as well. ((don't know how long this should take, all up to you Nakéen)).

Using [Thoughtwalker], Skee then attempted to learn the Makralian dialect by exploiting Shnapa's memories. He practiced it by talking a bit with members of the pack first, so he'll be ready when he speaks to Makralians from the other packs.

Finally, observe the other packs while waiting for the arrival of the last remaining packs. See if any of them stand out.

There was still some time left before anything of great importance would happen in the gathering.

[Bioengineer]
[Moderate] 10: [20]
Outcome: -Critical Success!-

[Thoughtwalker]
[Easy] 5: [8]
Outcome: [4] -Critical Success!-

You took off the Banera's head, and looked at your host's hands. Unfitting, and imperfect in your architect's eyes. You had better ideas for its ends, a skeleton and shape you had theorized.

Using [Bioengineer], you managed to re-shape your host's hands with surprising efficiency without draining too much of its body energy.

[Host's new trait: human-like shaped hands]

Your new hands greatly puzzled your pack at first, and then they were awed when you showed them your newfound dexterity. It did seem like this change would impair a bit actions Makralians were naturally good at, mainly climbing.

With [Thoughtwalker], you completely grasped the Makralian dialect. It was no difficulty looking into your host's memories after the familiarity you had acquired from using it for so long.

[Fluent in Makralian dialect and culture]

Your pack rejoiced. "Shnapa's speech is back! He is healed!"

[Pack Observation]
Flavor Roll: [3]

From your first observation, there were far more packs than you could count. More than two dozens for sure, but maybe not half a hundred. Your estimates were not that reliable, but gave you a rough idea of the scale of this reunion.

No nearby pack seemed to stand out, in particular, you didn't feel any "kindred individual" among them. None that could evolve like you. It seemed the strongest packs were located further ahead.

(...)

Time passed, and many more packs arrived. From small ones comprising mere handfuls of members, to massive ones whose numbers surpassed a hundred. Makralians all had the same body structure, and the overall species seemed rather homogeneous. The stronger ones typically sported colorful feathers and strong bodies, a simple yet efficient way of displaying one's strength.

The reunion was about to start, a howl rose in the canopy of the great tree. It called for the pack leaders to gather to the base of the tree.

Nearby Monsters:
-Hundreds of Adult Makralians

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Viridikion the Green Dragon Hatchling (randomgenericusername)
Viridikion closes distance with the strange creature. It smells it and stares at it with curiosity.
"...Vi..?"
For a moment, he struggles to imitate the noises of the creature, but quickly forgets about this when he notices the smell of fresh fruits and food.
Viridikion waits, waving his tail like an excited dog and with his stomach growling. Is that food for me?

The cloth-wearing humanoid smiled, its venerable visage beaming. It pushed the plate toward you, and after an inquisitive look, you indulged to sate your most basic needs.

As you filled your stomach, you glanced at the man. Colorful and heavy garments, white and gold motifs under a saffron cloak. The man's brown and gray hair were tied into a short braid hanging at the back of his head.

"Blessed be the Titanic Father! This is simply amazing!"

The man waited for you to finish, after which it introduced itself. He pointed at himself.
"My name is Ebes. Ebes"

[Sound imitation]
[Hard+] 16: [9]
Outcome: [4] -Failure-

You let out a high-pitched noise, midway between a shriek and a chirp. The sound surprised the priest who couldn't help but cover his ears.

Flavor: [6]
The man laughed heartily, puzzling you a bit. He stayed a bit with you to check on your health, then left not before saying he would be back. He said he hoped you would still be there when he would return. Strangely, you could understand his words even though your instincts were telling you your species differed.

You were left alone in this room. The door wasn't closed, and there were nothing prevented you from leaving through the open window.

You took a quick look outside. You were first dazzled by the reverberating sunlight, then saw several white stone buildings underneath, the same stone as your room. You could see great mountains far into the distance, as well as what seemed like a town past the ivory wall that separated the white buildings from the town.

Spoiler: Viridikion Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von
It may have one arm pinned, but it doesn't have the other! Grab it by the throat and pull it in to digest.
If that fails, rush at it with our main body and attempt to dissolve its legs.

[Grab the Throat]
(Str 1 vs Con 1): [6]-2 (Wounded -2) vs [5]+2 (Shield 2)
[Blast Shield]
(Pow 0 vs Con 1): [5] vs [12]-2 (Wounded -2)
[No damage]

The hunter deftly blocked your powerful arm. At that moment your instinct warned you of an imminent danger, and you quickly retracted your arm.

There was a sudden detonation coming from the shield, and you barely managed to avoid having your sole useable arm damaged.

The hunter facing you drew a spear it was carrying on its back during the split-second you were stunned. Considering this strange exploding shield, you reconsidered rushing at the hunter.

[Perception]
[Moderate-Hard] 12: [9]
Outcome: [5] -Partial Success-

Your instincts warned you once more of danger-

[Dodge]
[Hard] 14: [20]
Outcome: -Critical Success-

You heard brushing, and reflexively ducked. An arrow flew right past you, missing you barely. In an amazing stroke of luck, the arrow struck the spear with enough force to dislodge it from the ground, allowing you to break your arm free.

The situation was alarming, the hunters seemed prepared and you didn't know what kind of tricks they had in reserve.

Flavor: [2]
You are feeling uneasy.

Nearby Beings:
-1 Marandarsian Hunter
-1 Unseen Marandarsian Hunter

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
Eximius, being a ring and essentially stuck in place as Prias recovered, couldn't do much. With his true restorative abilities still sealed away, the most he could do was try his damnedest best to recall any methods or potions the Ancients used to treat these kinds of wounds.

After they recovered completely, Eximius would first try to unshackle some of Prias' potential. He made use of it to make his escape back then, so perhaps it's doable now. Failing that, he'd suggest hunting some weak monsters to relatively safely allow Eximius to evolve again.

[Accessing memory database]
[Very Hard] 15: [4,10,5]
Outcome: [1] -Critical Failure-

All you gained from attempting to remember something about potions or methods to treat wounds was frustration. Why couldn't you remember?

Timeskip Roll: [5]
In time, the two of them healed. It was quite the miraculous recovery seeing the wounds they sustained, both were lucky to be alive and even more lucky not to be impaired in any way after the gruesome wounds.

Something surprised you with Prias. His destroyed bones had healed in quite the unnatural way, they were now abnormally strong for a human.

[Potential Shackles]: [4]
The strain over Prias body and soul, as well as the dangerous actions he undertook last time had greatly weakened the shackles on its potential. You managed to break some of them, unlocking a new skill!
[Prias unlocked a new innate skill: Accelerated Flow]
Accelerated Flow: at the cost of stamina and/or HP, the user can move at incredible speeds for extended periods of time.

It led you to a quick thought. Maybe weakening these shackles through near-death experiences would allow its potential to bloom faster?

[Hunting]: [4]
Prias was strictly forbidden to go on an expedition by its close friends. You remember vividly the scene, Sandra yelling so loud the house could have been shaking, Septor begging Prias not to do anything rash, and Iseis being unable to contain her tears. In the end, a compromise was reached. Prias would not leave on another expedition until he had gotten way stronger.

As such, Prias hunted with renewed vigor to become a more worthy wielder. The days passed, and with each successful hunt your wielder became stronger and made you stronger. You encountered several monsters. Mainly creatures coming down from the eastern mountains, though sometimes an occasional more dangerous monster from the deadland roamed by.

[15 Lesser Essence gathered]

As you encountered more monster, you remembered how to vaguely gauge the tier of a monster. You could tell Prias could take down monsters of the Tier 1 without a problem now, though higher tiers were still possible as long as he remained in top form.

[Prias gained 3 Max HP]

Meanwhile, Veras had been preparing non-stop for the rematch with the ruins. He had been studying non-stop, driven by the guilt of nearly getting Prias killed because of his selfishness.

(...)

Finally, you and your wielder felt more confident in your abilities. Were you ready to go on another expedition, or would it be better to test your mettle against a more powerful creature? You had many choices at your disposal.

Nearby Monsters:
-None!

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
((Aww, I fell asleep writing my action last night before the turn. Unrelated, hey Nakeen, any chance you could tell me what Brown's skills and traits do? Seems like Gray would know after spending so much time together.))

Sounds like it's time to leave. Reabsorb my pieces. If Hinrab is going on a journey again, see if we can go with him. If not, head out on our own for that magically advanced city. Don't rush there though, take time to explore the desert. Especially any places similar to those in the tales I read of humans and monsters. Also, try to absorb essence on my travels. And if getting out of the city undetected is an issue, we were blobs once. We'll just eat our way underground and burrow away from the city before we reemerge. And I'll use a 1HP blob to emerge first and check if it's safe, if necessary.

You became one again, and prepared to leave the city of Farune.

Hinrab: [2]
Unfortunately, Hinrab couldn't go on a journey again. He untimely fell sick, catching a common disease of the Copper desert called "the lost breath". It was a benign affliction, though it greatly reduced the stamina of the sick. As such, Hinrab couldn't travel until he was healed.

He did leave you his address, and explained to you how to use the post system of Ashafan. Each city had a dedicated post office from which letters would be sent.

Your farewells done and thanks given, you left Farune, the first human city you ever visited. Leaving was fortunately not an issue, and you thus left undisturbed.

(...)

Traveling Roll: [6]
You headed for Jinna Fel, the most advanced magic city of Ashafan. Along the way, you decided to take time exploring the desert...

The way to Jinna Fel passed relatively close to a place called the Valley of Whispers. Ancient legends told that Djinns and others desert spirits lived there, and that many adventurers and magicians of old tales journeyed there to commune with the spirits of the desert.

(...)

You finally arrived at the entrance of this valley. The wind running through it constantly created whisper-like sounds, giving you the impression that the valley whispered to you.

Brown asked:
"Djinns and spirits? Hermits and mages? Do you really think we will find these in this valley?"

Nearby Monsters:
-Apparently nothing

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
Well, now we've got two badly wounded fighters. However, one of them only has one adversary...
Retreat, drawing my three rippers away but doing everything I can to avoid getting hit by their claws. As I take off, call back to my companions.

"Help Vel! I will return!"

[Tactical Retreat]
[Moderate] 10: [6]-1 (Oof -1)
Outcome: [3] -Failure-
Flavor: [6]

You failed to find a proper occasion to retreat, feeling turning back would lead you to get skewered right away. You stared at the Rippers, and they stared back. Then some of the fog coincidentally cleared a slight bit, just enough for them to see most of their allies had been defeated.

[Bravado]
[Moderate] 10: [9]+4 (Skeleton +4)
Outcome: [5] -Overshoot-

You faked your state, making them believe you were perfectly alright. Your glistening teeth managed to spook two of them, who decided to retreat. The last on the other hand, attacked you.

Spoiler: Third Round (click to show/hide)

With a deft blow -yes, blow- with your bone sword, you crushed the Ripper's head into a pulp. Meanwhile from your point of view, Vel was playing a bit with his opponent, attacking and parrying back and forth, until he landed a clean blow that took care of the last enemy.

8 Lesser Essence to share

Your inexistant lungs breathed a sigh of relief. Artomal shouted at the fleeing enemies victoriously:
"Serve you right miscreants!"

And then once they were out of sight, dropped to ground level.
"Oh what a scare, it is almost as if I could feel my heart beating!"
"That was quite the predicament, and for a moment I was starting to regret helping you out. Terrence, are you fine? Hope your shape is better than mine."[/color]

Indeed, Vel looked like in yet another miserable state.

Nearby Monsters:
-Artomal, 'Gentleman' Specter Ally
-8 Undead Rippers (humanoid, 4 to 6 clawed arms, no armor)
Vs Terrence:
> two fled
> one dead
Vs Vel:
> one dead
> one dead
> one fled
Vs Artomal:
> two dead

Spoiler: Terrence Status (click to show/hide)

The Newborn Elemental Spirit of Ice  - (TricMagic)
Can mine join Nakéen?

Um, am I supposed to put My Ice Spirit here form the waitlist?

Well, either way, my action is being born.
Bit silly, but I do need to be born, even if it's just crystallization of my form.

Stage 1 is like a crystal gem/core
Stage 2 will be a bit like the size of a pixie.

edit, sorry. Have a pic of stage 0.

Flavor: [2]
You are born, a crystallization of the elemental energies of cold mixed with magical ice, a spontaneous miracle of nature.

A snowstorm is raging.

Spoiler: Spirit of Ice Status (click to show/hide)

Squacks the Carrion Bird - (Devastator)
Spoiler: Squacks (click to show/hide)

Flavor: [1]
Your flock has been completely slaughtered by a group of wyverns. Now you are alone, and left to wander the hills alone.

Spoiler: Squacks Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 08:52:40 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: October 21, 2018, 07:36:31 am »

Ah depression, how your clutches are tight and heavy! Hey all. I have been flirting with depression for the past few months, and managed to find the courage to face everyone back recently.

I sincerely hope I will be able to keep the fire alight. Hopefully I can keep irrational fear at bay!

edit:
Ahem proper. Sorry everyone, and thank you for your support. I have said it again and will say it again, this game and all of you players really matter to me. Which also means it weights me down too when I'm feeling low, as I'm terrified of disappointing to the point of choosing to disappear because of some lack of self-confidence combined with other factors.

Even now, I'm not sure I can trust myself. Yet I want to believe, so I guess we will see? I hope I can.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:39:02 am by Nakéen »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 31
« Reply #868 on: October 21, 2018, 08:38:27 am »

Spoiler: Transformation (click to show/hide)

After transforming, Squelchy takes his group of slimes and one again sets out in search of a safer place for them to reside./b]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:38:42 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 31
« Reply #869 on: October 21, 2018, 08:41:42 am »

Wait for something to pass by.

//

I am born! Glad to see you again, Nakeen.

Spoiler: for Reference (click to show/hide)

[FF]Nature Spirit(Ice) should be somewhat active in these conditions, though if I turned to mist I'd probably get blown away right now..
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 09:46:48 am by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 99