Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214857 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [15] - Turn 5
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2017, 07:05:27 pm »

Huh, this is a thing again. I'd prefer to keep Glint out there (at least as a Schrodinger's lizard), but I might try something else for a little while before I return to him.

Spoiler: Waitlist? (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 11, 2017, 08:14:13 pm »

Question: How exactly does one extract essence from their kills? Is it just the act of killing that gives you essence, or do you have to do something to the corpse(s)?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2017, 08:30:24 pm »

Question: How exactly does one extract essence from their kills? Is it just the act of killing that gives you essence, or do you have to do something to the corpse(s)?
For simplicity sake, you get it after a while upon killing it. If there are many other monsters present though, it get shared.

Consuming the kill before the essence has left the body makes sure the essence goes to you, and also greatly speeds up the process.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2017, 09:44:20 pm »

For simplicity sake, you get it after a while upon killing it. If there are many other monsters present though, it get shared.

Consuming the kill before the essence has left the body makes sure the essence goes to you, and also greatly speeds up the process.
What happens if I, say, nuke a place, or start a magical doom-fire?

Does freezing something in time count as "killing" it?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2017, 09:58:33 pm »

Move into an open area in a non-threatening manner. Stare at the Leuscrat quizzically.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2017, 10:48:44 pm »

Essence won't come flying to you over large distances, it needs to be claimed. If after a while, it returns to the world.

If you could stop time, it wouldn't count as killing. If the body is intact, there is no reason for essence to get released

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2017, 11:15:46 pm »

While talking during the night, Gray would make sure to inform the others of the location of the ruined castle, and a bit about the monsters inside, in case they ever wished to visit. Gray would also ask about the surrounding areas and any points of interest, or if there was anywhere he could go on his travels to test his fighting skills against opponents to further develop his fighting style.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2017, 02:02:01 am »

Essence won't come flying to you over large distances, it needs to be claimed. If after a while, it returns to the world.
Darn.

So now I have to choose between doing something productive or doing something needlessly antagonistic, destructive, risky, !!FUN!!, and potentially harmful to myself.

I'll flip a coin.

(1d2: 2)

WMDs it is!

Extract the "spread" purpose from some moss or fungus.

Start a fire and extract the "consume" purpose from it.

Extract the "passage of time" purpose from my sundial-stick. If I can't extract any meaningful amount of it, no biggie- my WMD won't need to mess with time to be effective.

Dig a fire pit and designate it as my "cauldron". Start a fire in it, and add my "passage of time", "spread", and "consume" purposes to it/the fire (if I don't have any "passage of time" purpose(s), just use the "spread" and "consume" purposes). Wait for the fire to absorb those purposes, then use a stick/torch to bring some of my new super-fire out of the pit and into the highly-flammable forest. Then run.

If the fire doesn't seem to be spreading, wait and observe it some more. If it does appear to be spreading at a half-decent rate, keep running.

This should be interesting.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:11:24 am by ATHATH »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2017, 03:18:41 am »

As I write the turn, someone died. A few hours before the reveal!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2017, 03:32:02 am »

As I write the turn, someone died. A few hours before the reveal!
Blood for the Dice! Skulls for RNG!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [15] - Turn 6
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2017, 04:44:08 am »

Turn 6:

Turn 5

Aspred Bagrid, the Giant Catfish Serpent (GigaGiant)
Aspred Bagrid, the Giant Catfish Serpent
Determine how large the barracudas are. If I am significantly larger, then sneak attack them and maul them all to death. If not, wait for them to pass and search out easier prey.

Estimating enemy size:
Action Roll (Diff 6): [17]
Outcome Roll: [2] -Success-

The barracuda monsters are smaller than you, each of them roughly being a third of your size at best. You had a size advantage, but they outnumbered you. Fighting them head on in your state was pretty risky.

Though if you could take out one with the element of surprise, a two versus one fight could turn in your favor. And they didn't know you were wounded, you could bank on that.

No, the risk was still too great. Life was precious.

Eventually they left, and you started searching for another prey. Easier this time, hopefully. The seas were vast, and your luck would eventually turn.

Searching for prey:
Action Roll (Diff 10): [9]+2 (Getting familiar with the environment (+1))
Outcome Roll: [3] -Critical Success-

This time, you decided to avoid the open waters. Instead, you scoured the labyrinthine crevices and undersea cave network. That was a bet too, but you felt like it was a good idea.

Suddenly the smell of blood, and an agitated vibration were picked by your senses. Following the trail, you reached a large pocket of water, illuminated by some luminescent moss.

Curled in this cave, there was a giant squid with numerous eyes along its body. It had black bulging blood vessels, and had a deep, bleeding wound.

Intentions Unknown:
-Abyssal Octowatcher: Badly Wounded

Spoiler: Aspred Bagrid Status (click to show/hide)

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling (Dustan Hache)
find something nearby to hide my form. Go into town to do so if I have to. Rest once I have done so.

Hiding:
Action Roll (Diff 12): [8]
Outcome Roll: [1] -Critical Failure-

There was not a single rock, mount, or tree to hide behind. The area surrounding the town had been cleared and flattened.

Perception:
Action Roll (Diff 12): [4]
Outcome Roll: [2] -Critical Failure-

You felt cornered. You had no choice but to head toward this ruined town. As you walked, cold, lifeless sockets watched you from a ruined watchtower.

Eventually, the ruined gate stood before you. A strong wind blowed into the gate, slightly pushing you toward the gate. You entered, and the very moment you set foot in the inner town, numerous figures surrounded you. They came from above and from the sides, they had been lying in ambush.

All of them had died a long time ago.
Skeletons of what were once humans, fused with metal armors and weapons. The state of the metal was as diverse as their height and shape. Some were completely rust-colored, while other gleamed with pristine radiance.

You made a move back, and a loud, heavy step made the ground tremble behind you. A huge and grotesque humanoid made of fused bones blocked the way. It had a ridiculously small head compared to the rest of its body. Its massive arms seemed like they could swat you away like a mere fly.

The skeletons, Bonemetal Warriors, pointed their weapons at you. One rusty looking one with an unfused cross-shaped longsword stepped forward.

"Monster, can you talk?"

Intentions Unknown:
-Colossus
-Dozen Bonemetal Warriors
-Rusted Bonemetal Swordsmaster

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
"Well, not exactly... Many thanks for reacting swiftly - this place holds so much knowledge that even my brain can't fully process it. As expected, I made a mistake, trying to decipher symbols like I do every time while finding unexpected details. But, compared to small clues and bits outside, here, every small detail holds a well of ancient information."

Ulkas smiled half-mockingly at his own carelessness.

"I'll try to hold myself back from now on, but be ready to stop me just in case. Let's move, I have a vague feeling something interesting might happen soon."

Avoid using Expansive mind (for now). Check four doors. If no clues arise or traps are seen - open doors and compare insides. If still nothing, choose a random one and proceed.

Above each door, there were different symbols. They probably gave direction, to differentiate the perfectly similar doors. Each door opened by itself when you approached. What a curious magic, but convenient one.

Deciphering (without Expansive Mind):
Action Roll (Diff 15): [12]+3 [Intelligence +3] -Success- (My bad, I forgot the Int bonus)
Outcome Roll: [5] -Overshoot-

You restrained yourself from using your Expansive Mind to study the ancient words. They indeed gave direction, but your bare intuition told you that they just were the names of the complex's wings. You were sure peering into them with your Expansive Mind would tell you more, but it was too dangerous for now.

The words above the doors gave the name of the building's wings these doors led to. And if you focused more on the symbols, something flashed in your mind. A... map? A maze like map of tunnels and levels. It was extremely complex, and confusing. Your head didn't hurt, but you felt that your sense of direction was confused because of this flashing map in your head.

Not doing anything wouldn't get you far, thus you chose a random door, and proceeded into the wide corridor that bathed in the same red light as before. There was another large door at the end of this incredibly long corridor, and some smaller doors to the side.

Astrosa stopped. There was a stench coming from one of these doors.

"I will open it. I don't see anything, but let's not be careless."

Astrosa carefully opened it, revealing a room filled with metallic crates. A putrid stench filled the corridor, and you both into the room until you saw it. The curled, decrepit husks of some human. There was a notebook right beside him, in addition to its gear.

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
Time to eat! While I am consuming the corpse with the others, absorb this escence and try to understand it. If there is not enough food for everyone, hunt another prey. If everyone had enough, scout the area for hostiles to the sylvarians or invaders.

There was more than enough meat to feed all of you, too much even. You ate your fill, and beforehand, you attempted to understand this essence you absorbed.

Understanding this mysterious substance that creatures released upon death was an impossible task for one such as you. All you could do was focus on this feeling of increasing completeness when you absorbed some of it. Your whole being yearned for more essence.

Full

Scouting:
Action Roll (Diff 12): [12]
Outcome Roll: [5] -Critical Success-

You resumed your patrol of the surroundings. Everything seemed fine, the webs undisturbed, no trace of hostile creature... Until you spotted a figure standing atop a tree, looking in the direction of the settlement.

You never saw such monster before, it was some sort of spider fused with a beetle.

Intentions Unknown:
-Arachnastinian Scout:

The Protoquin (Failbird105)
protoquin(formatting later)

gain distance and lash the entity with my bright yellow tongue.

Getting Distance:
Action Roll (Diff 13): [12]-2 (Tripped (-2))
Critical Roll: [4] -Failure-

Too close, and too few time! You didn't manage to distance yourself from the masked being.

Tongue Lash:
Combat Roll (Str 0 vs Con 0): [6]-2 (Tripped (-2)) vs [4]
Critical Roll: [8] (Normal Hit)
Damage: [1]=[1]

Your tongue grazed the hostile being, who emitted an incomprehensible sound in answer. Some sort of shout of anger.

Attack (Numask):
Combat Roll (Str -1 vs Con 0): [6] vs [10]-2 (Tripped (-2))
Critical Roll: [8] (Normal Defense)
Counteratttack Roll (Str 0 vs Con 0): [4]-2 (Tripped (-2)) vs [6]
Critical Roll: [8] (Normal Defense)

You dodged the lunging humanoid, and threw another lash toward it. This time though, it bent its upper body backward to dodge it.

Hostile:
Numask

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Squelchy quickly uses pounce, aiming directly for the head of his opponent. If possible, he envelopes the head and solidifies, suffocating his enemy.

There was much distance between the Arachnastinian and you. Pouncing wouldn't be guaranteed to work, but it was worth a shot.

Pounce+Solidify:
Combat Roll (Str 1 vs Con 0): [11]+2 (Full (+1) Glimmering Hope (+3) Distance (-2)) vs [6]
Critical Roll: [9] (Normal Hit)
Damage Roll: [4]*2 - 1 [Chitinous Armor] = [7]HP

Empowered with your inner energy, you closed the distance in an instant, perfectly landing on its head with a good amount of kinetic energy, making it stumble back as if it took a powerful jab to the head. You then solidified your body, intending to take away all of its ability to breath.

It didn't seem to stop him at all, its movements were unchanged in speed, as if its respiration was unhindered.

Venom Shot (Arachnastinian):
Combat Roll (Pow 2 vs Con 3): [9]+4 (Close-Range (+4))) vs [6]+2 (Slime genus (+2))
Critical Roll: [1] (Normal Hit)
Damage Roll: [3]*0.5= [2]HP

You felt a tingling sensation spreading through your body. Venom. The monster was injecting venom into your body.

Poisoned (Corrosive Venom)
-2HP
You consumed some of your inner light to maintain the Glimmering Hope. -2MP

Gloup and Swift had great difficulty moving now. They were sending pheromones of encouragement to you.

Hostile:
-Arachnastinian: formed a slingshot with web+front spider legs / Badly Wounded

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Squra the Leech Snake (killerhellhound)
"Damn not-prey I am not a meal for a plant!"

Use my lack of handholds to wiggle free and get out of the grove

Break free:
Opposition Roll (Str 1 vs Str 2): [8] (Snake body (+2) Movement Impaired (-2)) vs [11]

The vine's hold was far too strong, and you only managed to anger the plant. A second vine came to grab the other end of your body.

The maw was closing in. Closer, and closer.

Your struggle increased as you panicked.

Devour (Glutonous Megapula):
Combat Roll (Str 2 vs Con 0): [3] vs [1]-2 (Movement Impaired (-2))
Critical Failure on Squra's defense
Damage Roll: [10]*3= [30]HP

Snap

In a second, you were gone. Crushed by this terrible maw.

Squra is dead (Ended as Fertilizer)

Hostile:
-Glutonous Megapula:

Spoiler: Squra Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
((Just to clarify : When Skee is in control of a host, he still uses his own mind (in addition to being able to exploit any knowledge or prior memories his host has) so I think his INT and IND stats should remain as his own, which are both 1, and not become equal to the slime's INT and IND. At least that's the way I see it.))

Skee took a few moments to get used to his new gelatinous host, but did not waste time either, for he had a plan to set in motion. After testing out the capabilities of the slime's body, Skee attempted to reshape it in a vaguely humanoid form ((Slimes are essentially a soft membrane with squishy stuff inside right ? So this should be at least possible, if difficult)), or, failing that, at least into a nondescript quadrupedal shape. Then, Skee tried to locate other slimes, either by going to an eventual slime gathering place his host already knew off, or by using its sense of smell to recognize and follow other slimes' pheromone trails.

Slime Reshaping:
Action Roll (Diff 12): [17]
Outcome Roll: [5] -Overshoot-

Fiddling with the slime's flexible body, you managed to shape a vaguely humanoid form. You were really proud of your work, but there was a problem. You felt very, very unsteady. You tried lifting a leg—

And the humanoid shape collapsed back into a blob. It seems this slime's body was better suited to an amorphous shape.

Now, you had control of its body and mind, but it didn't mean you had access to its memories or knowledge. You "instructed" the slime to head over to a slime gathering place. Or just pick up slime pheromones.

Slime Hunting:
Action Roll (Diff 7): [14]
Outcome Roll: [6] -Overshoot-

Oh, oh! You picked up a pheromone trail. A pretty good one at that. Your host didn't seem inclined to move toward it. Maybe it was still partially in control and didn't want to hurt other slimes? Or some remaining instinct?

You should have listened to this instinct.

You froze as you saw the source of the pheromone trail. A large, black blob of pure danger. A Caustic Omniphage, the Slime Hunter. It lured other slimes with pheromones he copied from the one he consumed, and its whole body was a pure soup of destructive enzymes and other substances.

The change of pheromones indicated it knew you were close. But not where, you hoped.

Hostile:
-Caustic Omniphage: On the Hunt

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Xizilitiz, the Lesser Angel (crazyabe)
Spoiler: Evolution complete (click to show/hide)
Eat of the beasts flesh and rest.

A radiant energy filled you whole, and you felt the power of change transforming you. Yet your body stayed the same, your flesh and eyes unchanged. But your soul was different.

Unhinged by the change, you consumed the beast's flesh and decided to rest there.

Event Roll: [6]
You woke up, renewed, and unharmed. As you prepared to resume your journey, a voice was heard in your mind.

"Who are you?"

Spoiler: Xizilitiz Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Gray Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'von melted the neck off the beast with Digest and slid up to the wall to eat it.

You quickly digested the neck, one of the pieces you found tastier. With some pieces of flesh held up inside you, you slid up to the wall and silently consumed them.

A group of monsters similar to the one you just killed arrived on site. They roared, grunted, and sniffed the carcass. They weren't speaking in the monstrous tongue, but in a dialect unique to them. Then they started devouring the dead body.

Hostile:
Several Subterranean Furred Monster:

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Fluorine, the Harpie - (AbstractTraitorHero)
Blue eye's staring ironically entranced their mouth opening and closing their mind a whir. This fox was beautiful...she wanted to touch it....stroke its soft fur. Fluorine smiled at it and gave a small Coo. Her voice as it came out could be described as..flirtacious...light in tone and definitely excited.

"Why hello~"

Smiling brightly their sharp teeth cleaned from the water presented to them. Eager rising up out of the water.

"Nice to see a beautiful thing like you around~"

Say and do the above.

Thankfully, the fox didn't lunge at you. It actually answered back.
"I will grant you the gift of mercy, and an advice. Leave these lands at once if you want to live."

To your puzzled expression, the fox answered:
"Humans, numerous humans are coming from the west. They are killing monsters in masse, indiscriminately. The mountains say the Lord of the Ridge was slain by a single human of great power."

Not Hostile:
-Monstrous Fox

Spoiler: Fluorine Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
"Yes and no. I don't exactly grant wishes, I bestow upon you the drive to achieve your goals in spite of any opposition... Even if the opposition is your own fears and inhibitions."

"It's as simple as wanting to sheath or put me away, kid. While I can change forms at will by myself, you have control over it as well. Hm, haven't been a dagger for a while. I can dig it."

Talking continues!

Prias didn't answer. He was asleep. Oh well, talking could wait. You had all the time after all.

+3HP

Event Roll: [3]

Uneventful hours passed, and Prias woke up. You greeted him, and he said in an annoyed and laughing voice:
"Ah, so it really wasn't a dream."

Before you could add anything, he said:
"Well mister the talking ring, we should get moving. I don't want to end up in the stomach of some monster of the mountains."

Back Home:
Action Roll (Diff 16): [12]+5 (Well-Prepared (+5))

Prias moved through the rocks with agility, as if he knew the path. Running and jumping through this  steep environment, he managed to avoid any dangerous encounter for several hours.

Once you exited the mountains, you reached a forest of pines.

Back Home:
Action Roll (Diff 16): [16]+5 (Well-Prepared (+5))
Outcome Roll: [3] -Critical Success-

"The wind is down, perfect."

As he said that, he rushed through the woods. He was being surprisingly silent despite his gear and the large bird egg, and he managed to keep his respiration low despite the effort.

The passage through the forest seemed even faster than through the mountains.

You then reached a grassland. It didn't expand beyond the horizon, stopping suddenly before that. Beyond the grassland, there was a dull, lifeless land expanding far beyond what the eyes could see.

In the grassland, there was a small fortified village. Prias smiled, and headed toward it.

"I'm home." he muttered.

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Theta, the Wolf (Rautherdir)
Move into an open area in a non-threatening manner. Stare at the Leuscrat quizzically.

You showed yourself, and both of you crossed gaze.

The beast seemed to relax upon seeing you, but for you it was the reverse. You couldn't take your eyes off the Leuscrat, and neither could he. But while it relaxed, you greatly tensed up, to a point it was hard to think.

Its eyes, its captivating eyes. They made you terribly uneasy.

Intentions Unknown:
-Leuscrat: Affected by Theta's eyes

Spoiler: Theta Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
While talking during the night, Gray would make sure to inform the others of the location of the ruined castle, and a bit about the monsters inside, in case they ever wished to visit. Gray would also ask about the surrounding areas and any points of interest, or if there was anywhere he could go on his travels to test his fighting skills against opponents to further develop his fighting style.

You already knew of the surrounding areas. You were in the Ta Simal Plateau, a rocky plateau located in the south-western part of the Copper Desert. The Karak Crystal Steppes were straight under your location, and if you continued further to the north, you could find an Ashafan town, Farune.

Apart from that, you knew that many monsters had established territories around, but those constantly changed with the whims of the desert.

When you asked for places where you could potentially find opponents against who you could test and develop your skills, Kokaun suggested that you challenge some Sand Golems a bit east from there. If you were careful, you could confront some Radasars, golden ones like Kokaun or black ones would make a great challenge.

He then mentioned many possible encounters you could make in the desert. The Aradian Beetles, the “Sorkurash", and the "Shemef". The latter two were species that roamed the desert, and against whom the Radasar once often fought for territory.
The Sorkurash were jackal like monsters with many spikes of bone along their body.
The Shemef were nocturnal monsters who hid underground during the day, they were like bladed flat serpents with incredibly thick scales. They could be confused with insects due to their chitinous luster.

Before parting, Masen said to you: "We will miss you. Take care Gray, Brown."

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

(Shard of) Breadweed, the Resilient (ATHATH)
Darn.

So now I have to choose between doing something productive or doing something needlessly antagonistic, destructive, risky, and potentially harmful to myself.

I'll flip a coin.

(1d2: 2)

WMDs it is!

Extract the "spread" purpose from some moss or fungus.

Start a fire and extract the "consume" purpose from it.

Extract the "passage of time" purpose from my sundial-stick. If I can't extract any meaningful amount of it, no biggie- my WMD won't need to mess with time to be effective.

Dig a fire pit and designate it as my "cauldron". Start a fire in it, and add my "passage of time", "spread", and "consume" purposes to it/the fire (if I don't have any "passage of time" purpose(s), just use the "spread" and "consume" purposes). Wait for the fire to absorb those purposes, then use a stick/torch to bring some of my new super-fire out of the pit and into the highly-flammable forest. Then run.

If the fire doesn't seem to be spreading, wait and observe it some more. If it does appear to be spreading at a half-decent rate, keep running.

This should be interesting.

You had a devious, highly volatile idea in mind. Oh, that would be perfect. No one would be able to vanquish you if you were to do that.

Without tools, digging a pit was no easy task at all. Not to say you were as weak as a bread.

Dig a Fire Pit:
Action Roll (Diff 16): [12]
Outcome Roll: [6] -Partial Success-

Manual labor, exhausting joke of the gods. At least, your pit was done, and now you could...
Huh. That wasn't as deep as you envisioned. Well, you had enough of digging anyway, that would... probably do it?

[Half-Assed Fire Pit]

Starting a fire was common knowledge to you,

Lit Fire:
Action Roll (Diff 2): [6]
Outcome Roll: [4] -Critical Success-

A fine fire that was. Pride filled your flour-based face.

Now, you needed Purposes to complete your great idea. You wished for a "Passage of Time", "Spread" and "Consume" purpose. You pondered, where to find that?

Purpose Extraction: -2MP
Action Roll (Diff 8 ): [16]

Using the spell, you decomposed the sundial into "Passage of time" purpose. It took a long while to decompose this mere stick, and you felt quite tired mentally. The purpose was a clear transparent liquid. A container would have been useful, mmh. You used some nearby large leaf to gather the liquid purpose.

[Very Low Grade time-related purpose]

Now, spread and consume. Spread... maybe some seed would do. After all, its purpose was to spread (?).

Action Roll (Diff 12): [4]
Outcome Roll: [5] -Partial Success-

This time, the seed were turned into a bright green dust.

[Very Low Grade "spread" purpose]

Now for the consume bit. You looked around. Maybe a root would do? After all, it consumed nutrients (?).

Action Roll (Diff 14): [11]

The root was completely decomposed, but you didn't manage to extract any purpose from it. Frustrating! Maybe throwing the root directly instead would work?

You then threw in the extracted purposes. You saw the fire flicker a bit, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Then the liquid, the powder and the root disappeared. You noticed that there was a new dust instead... meh, probably ashes.

What interested you was the healthy fire in front of you. Your alchemically enhanced fire. Yeah, that's how it was supposed to happen.

You took another stick, lit it aflame, and shared your super fire to the plants whose silence were taken for a YES.

Your experiment proved to you that fire indeed spread well on vegetal matter.

Event Roll: [6]
It spread well. Really well. And suddenly you noticed your flower-like body was starting to catch flames.

You ran like a madman, with one of your leaves !!!on fire!!!

And yes, the fire was spreading gleefully.

-1HP

((OOC: Your fire is unfortunately not alchemically enhanced :(
You would need magic for that, alchemy only affects objects, and fire is considered to be an element.))

Spoiler: Breadweed Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:43:05 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2017, 04:46:58 am »

Sarrak is maintaining a Google Doc!

Also, Squra died :(

edit: forgot a bonus to Ulkas roll, edited its actions.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:08:09 am by Nakéen »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2017, 05:17:18 am »

Squelchy quickly solidifies parts of his insides to form several large, spike-like needles facing inwards at the creature's head. It then manipulates the natural flow of slime inside of its body to quickly force those spikes into the head of the creature.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2017, 05:46:45 am »

Some notes for anyone interested:
- Defensive attributes - [Con], [Res] - are becoming more important to players as they raise in stage. As shown on Squira unfortunate example, Stat 0 gets full damage from powerful attack, Stat 1 - only a half. And Stat 2 - just one third.
- [Int] is a perfect dump stat for anyone who does not like psych warfare or strategy (might come to bite you back at high stages, though).
- [Ind] is not that important since it is used as opposed roll to [Int] instead of damage shaver. And you'll need quite a lot of [Ind] to counter a dedicated mind-user. Better just kill him quick by surprise.
- Choose between [Pow] and [Str] or ignore both - raising both is counterproductive, as you want your main offence to be as high as possible (without forgoing defence). [Pow] offers more skill variation, and is harder to counter, while [Str] is always with you and offers survival options even with low MP.
- Regeneration trait is less important then it was in the First game, but still desirable. HP depends on [Con], MP - on [Res] (not sure about latter).
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2017, 06:36:25 am »

Should I try to talk to it? It doesn't look very hostile.
If the others spiders agree to try to talk to it, I attemp to telepathy talk to the creature while hiding, asking if it is native from the forest or an invader, if it is an enemy of the sylvarians and if it is going to harm the forest. If it attacks (or we choose to attack it because it could be hostile), everyone uses mind blast until it is knocked out.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:51:04 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 99