Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214813 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 26
« Reply #750 on: May 23, 2018, 09:41:11 am »

Alright, I'm working on my evolution sheet, but question, how much different from the original ability can we go with trait/skill rerolls, and how many of each am I allowed to reroll?

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 23, 2018, 10:29:55 am »

"Then I shall gladly keep watch for their approach! Truly, a fine use of my... Unique anatomy."

Terrence is keeping watch! If there are any hills that are in the immediate area, he motions for the others to accompany him and heads up. Once the group is settled (hill or no) Terrence makes use of his detachable limbs: he grabs onto the bases of his lower arms with his upper arms, clasps his skull in his lower hands, and raises his skull up high to scan the field from an elevated viewpoint. Those bandits won't be sneaking up on us!

((By the way, I think you accidentally put Vel's line in Terrence's colors.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 23, 2018, 07:20:26 pm »

[I have a feeling I'll be tempting fate here.]

"... Dispel it. Then start preparing the strongest spell you have. The kid and I will distract it until it's ready."

Have Prias ready the bow. As soon as it appears, use Blink and fire as many arrows at it as possible. Once it closes in, focus on evasion while still having its attention as we get closer to Veras and his hopefully ready spell.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 23, 2018, 11:13:46 pm »

Alright, I'm working on my evolution sheet, but question, how much different from the original ability can we go with trait/skill rerolls, and how many of each am I allowed to reroll?
Sorry for not answering right away! You are free to go any way you want. As for rerolling, one seems good.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 24, 2018, 05:23:26 am »

Turn will be up tomorrow! Also, a tragedy. I can't find the file with the data about undiscovered locations. I roughly remember the landscapes, but the names are completely gone :(

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 24, 2018, 07:05:04 am »

You hit once more, then twice, shattering the head of the Dandakara. No organic fluid spilled out, but you could feel some form of energy leaving the body of the being.

In addition to this unknown energy, golden strands emerged from it. Instinctively, you knew absorbing them would give you power. Your soul yearned for it.

+2 Lesser Essence. Transformation to Stage 2 enabled.

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)
Evolve!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wanted to do something to the baseline trait since it doesn't really apply anymore now that its activated and done its thing, but there's apparently no room for more rerolls in this set.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 27
« Reply #756 on: May 24, 2018, 06:22:11 pm »

Turn 27:

Turn 26

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)
    Go'Von
    Find a different cavern without the dizzifying dust and find a crevice in said cavern to sleep in.

Find a different cavern:
    Moderate-Hard (11): [19]
    Outcome: [1] [5] -Overshoot-

You left this dangerous looking area, unwilling to discover more potential side-effects from this dust. Wandering far from the "forest" and the "meadow", you eventually found a tunnel leading away from the Luminescent Cave.

Following this tunnel, you ended up in a barren cavern. Smooth rock with scarce straight crevices, and no trace of humidity or moss. You wedged yourself in one of the crevices, and slept...

Heal Roll: 14 [Filled]
    Flavor Roll: [5]
    HP fully recovered

You woke up rejunevated. There was no presence around, it felt safe.

Nearby Monsters:[/u]
    -None

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
    investigate the hills. The shaman had to have been there for some interesting reason.

Azarian decided to follow the Shaman's memories, heading to the South-East.

Travel Rolls: [4,2,2]
    During your journey, you encountered several vicious monsters. You managed to kill one of them, which was a flying mass of tentacles cloaked in a black cloud.

+5 Lesser Essence

The other encounters nearly killed you though, and you had to retreat. And eventually, you reached your destination unharmed.

Several ashen hills covered with dead and bleak trees. The Ogres came from there, but you didn't know if they lived here.

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
    "We are better off testing our powers and acquiring new information and artifacts. As we are now, plunging ourselves into growing war would result in our deaths... So, Astrosa, how flying to discover new things sound? With hunting and battles while we are making our way, naturally."

Fly north-east, to Levemite Installation. Hunt on the way - the road is more important than its aim. On the way, try to open wonderous world of science, discoveries and information warfare to Astrosa. Thirsting for battle only would limit her options, after all.

Interested by Liel's request, Ulkas and Astrosa went to the North-East. Toward the Levemite Installation, from which Liel could detect an active beacon.

Travel Rolls: [4,1,2]
    Hunt Roll: [4]
    Teaching:
    Very Hard (15): [20] -Critical Success-

Your travels were not uneventful. First you had to cross the Copper Desert, and were attacked by native humanoid lizards, the Radasar. The first skirmish ended up in a complete victory for you, but the second would have cost you and Astrosa your lives if it weren't for your Artifacts.

It was a terrible battle against Black and Golden Radasars sent after you to avenge their brothers. It was a very frustrating and enriching experience. There were still many unknown powers in the world, and you couldn't afford to drop your guard because of your newfound Artifacts.

Once you left the Copper Desert, you reached a great mountain range. Traveling through it was very hard. You fought several monsters there, but they were too weak for Astrosa to absorb their Essences.

+40 Lesser Essence obtained
    +20 Medium Essence obtained

As you hunted, you managed to kill a few Stage 3 and 4 Monsters, allowing you and Astrosa to grow.

+90 Medium Essence obtained

And as you traveled, you took time to open a whole new form of power to Astrosa. Hardened by your past experiences with teaching Astrosa, you actually managed to successfully teach her something. No, even better, you made her truly realize the potential of knowledge, especially after your total defeat against the Radasars and their unknown powers.

Taking advantage of her sadistic side, you opened her eyes by detailling the pleasure of outsmarting an enemy, and then toying with them using knowledge. There was nothing more exhilarating than a once powerful enemy reduced to a state of powerlessness in body and mind.

[Astrosa gained 1 Intelligence -gasp-]

As thanks, Astrosa helped you keep your body in shape through intense training. While at the time your poor muscles greatly regretted accepting her help, after noticing the results of muscle training all regrets were dispelled.

[Ulkas gained 1 Constitution -gasp-]

And after several days, you emerged from the Ultaine mountain range, reaching the Belarus Plains. The land that spread before you was different from the Plains of Easenval. Unlike the green and lustrous grass of the Plains of Easenval, the grass of the Belarus Plains was dry and had a tarnished yellow color.

Furthermore, these plains were uneven. While one would expect a rather uniform expanse of yellow, you noticed several deep green spots in the far distance, like holes.

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
    Motion for the other Makralians to put their backs against the trunk of the tree. This way, the Banera can only come from one way. Then, activate Fur Hardening and motion for the other Makralians to do it as well. Stay on your guard, and when the Banera attacks again, pounce on it while using Rallying Cry to get the others to follow you.

At your behest, the other Makralians gathered around a large tree, putting their backs on its trunk, and hardened their Fur. You stood on your guard, waiting for an occasion.

Perception:
    Easy (8 ): [13]
    Outcome: [1] -Success-

You focused your senses on detecting the Banera, but it seemed nowhere around. Then you felt movement under you. But it was not coming toward you, but the base of the tree. The tree!

You quickly ordered everyone to jump away, and as you all did, there was a great crushing sound and the tree you were on started tilting. Noticing you were no longer on this tree, the Banera decided to attack head on. You let out a Rallying Cry, and all Makralians jumped toward the Banera...

Makralians:
    (Str [1,1,1,1,1] vs Con 2): [9,6,10,6,1]+2 (Rallying Cry, Group) vs [1]
    Critical: [-] -Critical Hit-
    Damage: 4*[6]*1=[24]

The Banera's tail pierced the heart of one of the Makralians through its Hardened Fur, killing it in a matter of seconds. But this move sealed its tail's mobility, and then you and the 3 remaining Makralians ganged up on the beast.

You bit at its neck and joints. The four of you fell from several stories high, crashing on the vegetation below.

Nearby Monsters:
    -4 Adult Makralians
    -Black Banera: [Hostile] [Badly Wounded]

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
    Squelchy releases pheromones declaring that he has no intention to commit aggression, and is simply trying to guide his tribe of peaceful slimes to a place where none shall harm them anymore.

Peace:
    Easy (5): [7]
    Outcome: [5] -Overshoot-

"Mmh. Such places are becoming scarce, with the rising tensions among the forces of the jungle. The peaceful will get crushed or assimilated by the strong and the warring, now this law's prominence will keep increasing. You don't seem of ill-intent. Then, this place may offer you a brief respite, if you abide to its rules. It will merely be temporary, and I will ask you to leave by tomorrow."

He then looked down on you with a look of pity.
    "I don't expect your group to last long. There is no place for the peaceful in this world anymore."

Nearby Monsters:
    -an ooze-less Miasma Dragon?

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
    While his instinct was screaming him to flee, he ignored it. If he didn't stop this wasp, it would kill the survivors and all would be in vain.

"You again? Weren't you the one who ran away first and consumed it's own kin?"

"Whatever. I don't really expect to survive, but I'm not going down without a fight. Though, I have to warn you: I'm quite hard to swallow."

Use my telepathy and tell the monsters to flee in the direction I came from, towards the safe zone.

Let's try using my wings. First, try Frenzy on it. This will enrage it and make its wild attacks easier to evade. Focus in dodging any attacks by quickly flying around it and using mind blasts to make it tired and crazy. Continue until it's no longer able to defend itself and think anymore.

"Knowing when to run and kill is part of survival."

You took to the skies using your wings, and your enemy followed.

Frenzy:
    (Int 1 vs Ind 0): [1] vs [10]
    "The same tricks won't work twice."

Energy gathered between its spikes, and the Surger fired a bolt of energy at you.
    Dodge:
    Hard (13): [15]-2 (Pain and Wound)
    Outcome: [4] -Critical Success-

Tri-elemental Bolt:
    (Pow 3 vs Res 1): [13] vs [10]
    Critical: [3]+2
    Damage: [None, dodged]

You barely dodged the attack, that you are sure would have reduced you to cinders if it had connected. Ignoring your pain, you retaliated with mind blasts.

Mind Blast:
    (Pow 1 vs Res 0): [6] vs [7]
    Critical: [2] -Normal Counterattack-

Dodge:
    Hard (13): [13] (Pain and Wound / Previous Success)
    Outcome: [5] -Overshoot-

You dodged several more bolts of energy, and even crystalline projectiles. The jungle under was ablaze. You didn't realize, but the Surger was setting up something.

Mind Blast:
    (Pow 1 vs Res 0): [8] vs [3]
    Critical: [10] -Critical Hit-
    Damage: [4]*2=[8]
    Effect: [Mind Damage]

One of your blasts went through! The Elemanoptera screeched in pain.

Flavor Roll: [1]

But it didn't lose sight of its plan. Focusing to hold on to its sanity, it then fired another barrage at you.

Dodge:
    Hard (13): [16]-2 (Pain and Wound)
    Outcome: [2] -Success-

You dodged once more, but your enemy didn't care. The air had been charged with enough elemental energy to unleash a powerful area attack.

Intuition:
    Moderate (10): [16]

You noticed something was wrong. Your instinct was telling you to quickly get away from there.

Tired

Nearby Monsters:
    -Elemanoptera Tri-Surger [Hostile]
    > Field of elemental energy

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
    "Then I shall gladly keep watch for their approach! Truly, a fine use of my... Unique anatomy."

Terrence is keeping watch! If there are any hills that are in the immediate area, he motions for the others to accompany him and heads up. Once the group is settled (hill or no) Terrence makes use of his detachable limbs: he grabs onto the bases of his lower arms with his upper arms, clasps his skull in his lower hands, and raises his skull up high to scan the field from an elevated viewpoint. Those bandits won't be sneaking up on us!

((By the way, I think you accidentally put Vel's line in Terrence's colors.))

Flavor Roll: [6]
    You had spotted several nearby hills before, and headed for one of them with your companions. Now at a point of higher altitude, you formed a makeshift bone periscope to watch over the surroundings...

Ah but that fog, that damned fog!

On the lookout:
    Easy-Moderate (8 ): [14]

Aha! The low(un)lives! You detected a group of moving shapes coming your direction, with a morphology identical to that described by Artomal. They would arrive in a moment, what did you prepare to greet them?

Nearby Monsters:
    -Artomal, 'Gentleman' Specter Ally

Spoiler: Terrence Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)

[I have a feeling I'll be tempting fate here.]

"... Dispel it. Then start preparing the strongest spell you have. The kid and I will distract it until it's ready."

Have Prias ready the bow. As soon as it appears, use Blink and fire as many arrows at it as possible. Once it closes in, focus on evasion while still having its attention as we get closer to Veras and his hopefully ready spell.

Veras boastfully answered:
    "Time to unrust my spell library!"

As the mage of the group started focusing its mana, Prias readied his bow.

Draw the bow:
    Moderate-Hard (12): [17]

Despite the size and power of the bow, Prias managed to draw it. Then the two of you waited for Veras' signal.

-2MP (Veras)
    -10MP (Veras)

Veras raised an arm and a bright magic circle appeared above it. From its center, a javelin of mana emerged and with a motion of his raised arm, he fired the javelin. At the same time, Veras dispelled the mental spell. That was the signal.

Blink: -2MP (Eximius)

Arrow Barrage:
    (Str 1 vs Con 3): [2]+6 (Bow4, Blink2) vs [16]
    No Counterattack

Mana Javelin:
    (Pow 2 vs Res 1): [9]+4 (Spell4) vs [2]
    Critical: [7]+2 -Normal Hit-
    Damage: [4]

The javelin was the first to strike into the massive mass of metal that guarded a door. The light emitted by the shaped mana revealed your enemy.

A massive ornate armor made of a white metal, with no visible opening. It wielded a halberd in one hand and a shield in the other, and had a greatsword and a greataxe strapped on its back.

Only a third of the javelin had penetrated the armor. With another motion, Veras detonated the javelin and right after the volley of arrows came flying toward the guard. It blocked them all with its shield, and immediately came rushing at you.

Prias and you kept your cool, preparing for the fight. But Veras let out a few words.
    "The royal crest?!..."

The Eternal Royal Guard, an artificial being combining necromancy and constructs. It has the body of a high-grade Guard construct, but bear an embedded ethereal undead within it. These beings protected the members of the Nepkeros Royal Family.

Nearby Monsters:
    -1 Eternal Royal Guard: [Hostile]
    > -4

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

The Quincreep (Failbird105)
    Evolve!
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)
    I wanted to do something to the baseline trait since it doesn't really apply anymore now that its activated and done its thing, but there's apparently no room for more rerolls in this set.

This power, this feeling. What was it? Change overtook your body, you felt your meager existence take one step toward something greater and far above. Warped into a brand new form to fit your true nature, you had evolved.

You then cackled madly, having lost some of your individuality to the feeling of power, but you didn't care. You were stronger now.

[Mind touched by a corruptive influence]: [1]

Your delight was abruptly cut short.

The screams. The screams. The screams screams screams screams.
    They won't stop. They can't stop.
    Everything is screaming.
    Pain. Painpainpainpainpain. PAIN.
    Make it stop.
    Make thEm sTOp. THEM.
    Who are THEM?
    DON'TLOOKABOV-
    THEMTHEMTHEMTHEMWHOLURKABOV-

??:
    Impossible (20): [8]

You woke up crying and vomitting a black substance. Your body was in terrible pain.
    What... what happened?

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)
    « Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 01:37:09 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #757 on: May 24, 2018, 06:26:42 pm »

The return of that one plot point... :)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: You are a Monster - Turn 25
    « Reply #758 on: May 24, 2018, 06:39:19 pm »

"Knowing when to run and kill? Thanks for the hint. Lef me give you one, to return the favor: Never correct your opponent while he's commiting a mistake."

Fly higher and taunt it, trying to trick the wasp into following me. Continue dodging attacks in the sky and firing mind blasts back while trying to distance the fight from our starting point until we're away from the energy field.
    The dog behind the man behind the beard.
    Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
    You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #759 on: May 24, 2018, 06:51:05 pm »

((Did the Banera fall too, or only the Makralians ?))

The beast is vulnerable now, keep attacking and use vicious bite, aiming for the Banera's neck.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #760 on: May 24, 2018, 06:56:23 pm »

((Did the Banera fall too, or only the Makralians ?))
    ((Everyone!))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
    • What protagonist?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #761 on: May 24, 2018, 07:12:04 pm »

Carefully search the area. There must be something nearby, be it monsters or relics.
    I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #762 on: May 24, 2018, 07:13:18 pm »

[... I've made a grave mistake. Action coming once I come back from work.]
    Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #763 on: May 24, 2018, 07:38:50 pm »

((Aww man, missed another turn. Oh well, at least I'll make the next one))

Split off two more 1 HP parts and have them use the Staff and Solid glyphs to shape the light and shadow into a something hopefully cool I can use.
    Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #764 on: May 24, 2018, 07:42:52 pm »

Name: No(Shiva Line)
    Species: Elemental Spirit of Ice(Newborn)
    Appearance: A Blue Ice Crystal
    HP: 10/10
    MP: 10/10
    Essence: 0/2

STR -1  -Strength : increases physical damage-
    CON -1  -Constitution : increases physical resilience-

POW 0  -Power : increases special/magical damage-
    RES 0   -Resistance : increases special/magical resilience-

INT 1  -Intelligence : increases your ability to submit others to your will-
    IND 1  -Individuality : increases your ability to resist to others will-

Traits: You may have up to 2 Starting Traits
    Your "passive abilities". A trait is always active, and can't be "turned off". Of course you can derive skills from these traits.
    [FF]Nature Spirit(Ice): Can disperse into an icy mist. POW/RES & INT/IND increases over time, particularly in Cold icy and/or misty areas.
    Ice Ward: Halves Ice-elemental damage

Skills: You may have up to 2 Starting Skills
    Your special abilities/techniques. Some skills will cost MP.
    Antarctic Wind: Inflicts minor Ice elemental damage.
    Cold Mist: Used as a counter when in Mist form. Moderate Ice-elemental damage to the enemy.
    Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 99