Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214819 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 32
« Reply #885 on: October 23, 2018, 03:59:26 am »

Quick note. I forgot to mention the ravens have eyes on all sides of their head, covering it whole. Just a small detail I will correct later

edit: Will process your action tomorrow Coolrune, skeep required for now :)

Also next turn should be up in two days

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 23, 2018, 04:05:43 am »

"We were attacked by wyverns.  They killed most of us and the rest scattered... Me and my friend split together.  He got caught, but I made it away.  A couple of others might have made it, but I haven't seen anyone, not until you guys."

"I don't know if they were just passing through or if they're sticking around.  I wasn't going to go back and look.  I didn't have any eggs, so I thought I'd play it safe and move somewhere else."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 23, 2018, 07:48:20 am »

How strong is it? Float upward above it's reach, If, it senses I and attacks, turn to mist for a quick retreat.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 23, 2018, 09:16:35 am »

((PTW))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 23, 2018, 10:27:16 am »

”I will leave, but i wish to know what secrets the ogre shaman had kept here. I am also curious of your powers, and wish to learn them if you would be kind enough to humor me in that way instead.”
Ask what he knows of the tower, and how he is controlling the zogres. Regardless of their responce to my questioning, depart peacefully.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 23, 2018, 11:04:49 am »

Viridikion nervously glances both ways. The left path was extremely tempting, but the right path would mean staying with Ebes. Humans were so strange, why wouldn't they just live in the lively forest instead of in dead rocks?

I am like dragons. Not like humans. A dragon like me, living among humans... Humans and dragons, living together..? A peaceful world for both. I like humans, Ebes has been a nice human friend and I will never forget him, but...

Control? Restraint? My instincts tell me this isn't the right choice. Would I be an equal to them? No, I wouldn't,  I would never fit into a human tribe. I would be alone, never see others of my kind. Only rocks on top of larger rocks.

I want to be free. To see the wonders of nature, to hunt other monsters, to eat, to grow and become stronger. I want to learn about myself, about my own kind. Will I ever find a tribe I belong to? I want to find other dragons like me. Dragons with the colors of plant life and emeralds, my real family!

Viridikion wished he could express all the things he was currently thinking of, but he couldn't even speak yet. He struggles one more time.

"...Eb..."

Giving one last sad look at Ebes, Viridikion walks the path of the dragon.

The lush, green forest is calling me. I will walk the path of freedom!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 23, 2018, 11:16:04 am »

Seemed like this wouldn't be easy. All of the pack leaders looked like they would be strong opponents, especially the 8 greater leaders. Even through the eyes of your host, you could sense that they exuded determination. Their aura was utterly crushing, and their gaze was soul-piercing.

But you were no pushover either. Using this body, you were able to take down an opponent far stronger than you could have imagined. You had gotten used to fighting in Shnapa's body, and you felt that no one could stand in your way now. Until recently, you were still planning to eventually ditch this body in favor of a stronger one later. But now, new perspectives swirled in your brain. Ideas of conquest and ambition. Ruling over the Makralian herd. Leading them to conquer the jungle, and maybe... maybe even the world. Those dreams would usually be unfit for a member of your species. Parasites were scavengers by nature, using expendable, weak bodies to get by in a world ruled by the strong. Humble survivalists, not bold explorers. But you... you were different. You were gonna rise to the top.

Prepare for the tournament.

((Since Skee has been in Shnapa's body for quite the long time now, [Biobond] should probably be in effect, I guess.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 23, 2018, 12:08:06 pm »

Indeed. Quite curious how quickly these three fellows have found each other. However, we haven't the necessary essence to split equitably, therefore I would suggest the greater shares go to the pair who suffered worst in the conflict.
Assuming no objections, Terrence splits the essence as follows: 3 for him, 3 for Vel, 2 for Artomal. After that, he follows suit to Vel, resting in the spilled unlife energy of his fallen foes.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 23, 2018, 01:24:54 pm »

Go'Von
Oh dear, the situation has somehow managed to worsen. Follow the hunters. If possible, grab one and toss it behind us as bait while we escape in a direction away from the settlement.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 01:28:23 pm by Puppyguard »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 23, 2018, 04:04:48 pm »

Before heading out, Eximius asked Veras if the antidote is hard to make and if the ingredients are rare.

"Seems like I'll have the chance to use my new abilities sooner than I expected, kid. How familiar are you with these Hearteaters? Perhaps we could resort to some trickery."

While hunting the Hearteater down, Eximius would like to prepare plans to hopefully either bait the Hearteater into a trap to render it helpless or into a situation where they could lop off its claws relatively safely. Or perhaps Prias has been brewing some plans of his own?
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 23, 2018, 06:57:12 pm »

Oh, I edited my action into the same post as my transformation. You must've started writing the turn by then. I'll put it here for convenience's sake.

After transforming, Squelchy takes his group of slimes and one again sets out in search of a safer place for them to reside.

You bid farewell to Xorosk, and set out once more to find your promised land...

Travel: [4]
Luck: [3]

Through a combination of fortitude and careful movements, you managed to avoid detection from the patrolling Elemanoptera. Their territory was huge and growing, forcing you to stay on the move. Days went by without finding a suitable place. Danger was constantly looming, and the safe places you rested by were but temporary.

The future of the community often came up during discussion. What if there is no place for us? Should we keep wandering, or settle down and fight for a home? Maybe the promised land was far, very far from the jungles. Maybe not. The slimes were restless, as were you. But your camaraderie didn't wane, and they all trusted the future would be bright as long as they remained together.

You came across a great tree, whose branches grew above the canopy of other trees. You climbed up to scout the place. Far to the East, you could discern mountains. Heading there would most likely mean leaving the jungle. Unfortunately, there was nothing interesting you could see apart from these mountains and the endless sea of green.

As you started climbing down, you spotted a curious bird. It had a great wingspan, and its feathers were white and sleek. You were a bit curious, though you didn't know if hailing him was a sensible idea or not.

[You are a bit more knowledgeable of the Northern Savarde Jungle. Avoiding dangerous encounters will be easier during travelling.]

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 23, 2018, 08:11:00 pm »

Squelchy thought to itself- possibly, through communication with this bird, Squelchy could learn more of the surrounding jungle that it could not see, but the bird easily would be able to. With that in mind, it attempted to resonate in such a way to catch the attention of the bird, while also not doing it in a way that mind cause offense to the bird's senses.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 23, 2018, 08:28:52 pm »

Squelchy thought to itself- possibly, through communication with this bird, Squelchy could learn more of the surrounding jungle that it could not see, but the bird easily would be able to. With that in mind, it attempted to resonate in such a way to catch the attention of the bird, while also not doing it in a way that mind cause offense to the bird's senses.

Luck: [4]
It worked! You caught the attention of the bird, and it will be non-hostile.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 23, 2018, 11:59:30 pm »

Hello, non-squishy friend! I was wondering if I may trouble you to give me a better idea of the layout of this land. You do seem quite well fitted for aerial surveillance, after all. If you're not wiling to do it out of the kindness of your heart, I'm sure we could work some kind of reward out. I'm primarily interested in any safer areas in the general vicinity, as my cluster and I have already ventured far in search of a peaceful place to call home.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 24, 2018, 06:45:07 am »

"Heh. Interesting... Let us circle the city for now and gather more information. Humans might be no match for us, but situation is far from perfect for straightforward battle."

As we fly, gather info about the defences and weak points, as well as Stage 8 reactions. Those bird caws were also more than a little strange. Did they meant us, the monster or something entirely new?

"Say if you see something else of note. We can't allow nasty surprises."

Also see if there is something in beacon direction.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 99