Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214796 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 35
« Reply #945 on: January 14, 2019, 04:59:33 am »

Squelchy absorbs nearby flowers and plants until it discovers which one is responsible for the fragrance. When it does, it flags the pollen of the plant as a "toxin", and allows its natural Toxin Resistance trait to eliminate the fragrance from its systems. It then hastens to lead the slimes out of the area, prioritising escaping the fragrance over avoiding other monsters; after all, they'll be under the pacifying effect of the fragrance too.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 14, 2019, 05:40:43 am »

Ulkas grinned widely at such turn of events. Not only he was judged interesting by a worthy opponent, but he also gathered enough hints from the 'mind field' surrounding this being to try and reverse-engineer the concept. What better way to talk with the opponent but with their own tools? While still grinning hugely, Ulkas briefly explained the situation to his companions:

"Liel, Astrosa. It is just as I predicted earlier. This powerful being was driven by curiosity - and I solved its testing probe, interesting it further. I'll reply back now. Astrosa, keep your cool, this might influence you. Liel, help me analyze the resulting mind field interaction."

Establish my own mind field, using Life Burn if necessary. Send "Gratitude", "Very Interesting" and "Question" back. See if I can protect and calm Astrosa as well. Retry if needed. If unsuccessful, try direct telepathic messaging, without channel creation.

"And to add a bit of spice..."

Try to subtly influence the being through its mind field, adding slight, but noticable emotion of 'smug satisfaction' to it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 05:47:00 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 14, 2019, 05:47:52 am »

Here's the plan of attack.  There's nine of us, so we make one 'ambush group' of six, and send out three birds as scouts.  The three will fly seperately roughly in the direction of my former home, and look for singletons, pairs, or trios of wyverns, or the area they're setting up as their new home.  If a scout finds a small group of wyverns, if the scout remains undetected, to head back and let the ambush group know where the target is.  Then we gather up and hit the target as a group of seven, sneaking up and trying to get first strike.  If the scout is spotted, lead the (one, two, or three) wyverns back to the main body of us, using a different signal to let us know how many wyverns are following and where the targets are.  Then we pounce at a vulnerable moment.

We conceal our resting area, do two patrols a day, with different carrion birds, and the ones who didn't have to scout during the day keep watch at night.

If we get rumbled and a large group is coming for us, use alarm squacks, and we'll scatter into trios and hide.  The big group will then either scatter, or call for reinforcements.  If the enemy splits up, one of the trios will fall on a singleton, get a quick kill, and flee again.  Repeat this until they bunch up or retreat.  With our confusing sounds and several of us together, they'll have a very hard time tracking us down.  If the enemy bunches up near our hiding place, we relocate at my old tribe's home, and look for their now-undefended new nest.

We should have the advantage to us here because we're all unusually good fliers, and these are our home grounds, which should make hiding, ambushing, and scouting all easier.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 06:02:05 am by Devastator »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 14, 2019, 08:08:46 am »

savage beasts are not what I hoped for, but perhaps there is essence to be scavenged. go investigate, but stay hidden.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 14, 2019, 08:11:09 am »

Antarctic Wind, and move in close to counterattack with Cold Mist. Freeze. Crack.. & Shatter~

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: January 14, 2019, 02:25:56 pm »

Go'Von
Sleep in a safe place, then hunt.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 14, 2019, 08:06:43 pm »

As exepcted, the first round went smoothly. However, Skee knew there were strong opponents in the tournament, and the battles to come wouldn't be so easy. But for now, he was victorious. He simply waited for the round to end, but remained wary in case one of the other fighters decided to attack him for some reason.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 15, 2019, 03:28:29 am »

"Very well. We will hear you out. I cannot ignore another being in need." Grey remarks.

Split the essence equally with Brown. Listen to the Sand Spirits.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 36
« Reply #953 on: January 15, 2019, 04:30:40 am »

Turn 36:

Turn 35

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
"It's just posturing! Go on and keep our momentum!"

Use Blink once again, then change into my form into a greatsword as soon as Prias cuts the ropes.

"Understood!"

[Cutting the Ropes]
[Moderate-Easy] 8: [20] -Epic Success-

Picking up on your advice, Prias severed three ropes. A loud lashing sound whistled through the air as the taut ropes violently released all their tension on a wide area, hitting the Hearteater directly on the head. -8HP Stunned+

Following this, you morphed into a black greatsword which Prias could manipulate with ease despite its imposing appearance.

[Blink] -2MP
Your wielder blinked forward at an inhumane speed, causing the Hearteater to panic.

[Pre-emptive Strike]
(Str 1 vs Con 1): [1]+4 (Ancient Combat Techniques 2 Blink 2) vs [1]-4 (Stunned+ -2 Badly Wounded -2)

In a strange twist of fate, Prias had a moment of clumsiness and stumbled on a bump of earth. This unexpected move caused Prias to dodge the incoming attack of the Hearteater, who aimed all of its barbed limbs in one spot.

Prias on the ground, and the Hearteater with its limbs stuck in the ground.

[Prias: Recover]
[Moderate] 10: [6]
Outcome: [3] -Failure-

[Hearteater: Recover]
[Hard] 14: [3]
Outcome: [1] -Critical Failure-

Prias rolled out of the way to get back on his feet. He didn't manage to get up yet, but the monster was in an even worse position. Trying to unstuck its arms, it moved with such violence that it worsened its wounds. -4HP

[Prias: Recover]
[Moderate-Easy] 8: [7]
Outcome: [5] -Partial Success-

Back on his feet, though with unstable footing, Prias attacked once more.

[Blink] -2MP
[Let's just get over with this!]
(Str 1 vs Con 1): [12]+3 (Ancient Combat Techniques 2 Blink 2 Untable Footing -1) vs [4]-6 (Stunned+ -2 Badly Wounded -2 Arms Stuck -2)
Critical: [3]+2
Damage: [4]+6: [10]

The enemy was unable to defend itself. It was the occasion, and there was no place for subtlety. With a heavy overhead strike, Prias cleaved the vile monster's head in two with such force that the Hearteater's body was brought down to the ground.

[Last Whisper: Curse of Tainted Blood]
(Int 2 vs Ind 1): [5] vs [2]+1 (Previous Resistance +1)

[Eximius Res: Of Vigilance]
(Hard) 15: [3]

No time to think. You send a feeling of strong danger to Prias, hoping he would get away in time-

[Prias: Get Away]
(Hard) 15: [17]
Outcome: [4] -Critical Success-

Prias had already moved before you sent that feeling. He poured all of his energy into his legs to leap backward-

In a split-second, the Hearteater became covered in eyes.
Then they filled up with blood until they became red and bloated.
And it exploded.

Everything touched by the blood melted as if touched by the vilest poison, and Prias narrowly managed to dodge it. His heart was beating furiously, who know what would have happened if he had remained at point blank range from the monster?

As you entertained the above thought, you saw the Essence floating above the already dry puddle of blood where stood the monster. There was so much more than you expected.

20 Medium Essence

"Is it... is it really dead?" said Prias, panting and still in battle stance.

Spoiler: Some trivia (click to show/hide)

Nearby Monsters:
-Strange Hearteater: Dead
> -34HP

Battle ground notes:
-Exceptional Binding Traps (Active)
-Ready to burn piles

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Apex Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Squelchy absorbs nearby flowers and plants until it discovers which one is responsible for the fragrance. When it does, it flags the pollen of the plant as a "toxin", and allows its natural Toxin Resistance trait to eliminate the fragrance from its systems. It then hastens to lead the slimes out of the area, prioritising escaping the fragrance over avoiding other monsters; after all, they'll be under the pacifying effect of the fragrance too.

[Substance Analysis]
[Hard] 14: [4]

You absorbed several fragrant plants and flowers, using your Toxin-Resistant trait to attempt to determine the source of this pacifying scent. You managed to determine that only flowers produced the substance, but you couldn't determine what was that substance. For some strange reason, your body didn't register it as a toxin.

[Squelchy: Idea? (Int -1)]
[Hard] 14: [1] -Epic Failure-

No idea came to your mind. You kept trying to make your body resistant to the unknown substance, to no avail.

[Some Random Slime: Idea? (Int -1)]
[Hard] 14: [11]

No one else would come up with something to counteract the effect. With no solution, you pressed forward, hoping you would somehow manage to pierce through.

Travel: [3]
Time is passing. The sun has set, and you are still not outside the forest.

Travel: [5]
A voice spoke to you. A gentle, reassuring voice. This way. Listen to my voice. This way. Listening to it somehow cleared your mind, dispelling the pacifying haze.

Hurry up. You must quickly leave.

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
Ulkas grinned widely at such turn of events. Not only he was judged interesting by a worthy opponent, but he also gathered enough hints from the 'mind field' surrounding this being to try and reverse-engineer the concept. What better way to talk with the opponent but with their own tools? While still grinning hugely, Ulkas briefly explained the situation to his companions:

"Liel, Astrosa. It is just as I predicted earlier. This powerful being was driven by curiosity - and I solved its testing probe, interesting it further. I'll reply back now. Astrosa, keep your cool, this might influence you. Liel, help me analyze the resulting mind field interaction."

Establish my own mind field, using Life Burn if necessary. Send "Gratitude", "Very Interesting" and "Question" back. See if I can protect and calm Astrosa as well. Retry if needed. If unsuccessful, try direct telepathic messaging, without channel creation.

"And to add a bit of spice..."

Try to subtly influence the being through its mind field, adding slight, but noticable emotion of 'smug satisfaction' to it.

Astrosa flew behind you.
"Sure thing, as I am I should be able to stay calm. Good luck Ulkas, I will sit back from that for now."

(A mind field? I would never have guessed, let me see if I can adapt my sensors.)

[Liel: Mind Field Analysis]
[Moderate-Hard] 12: [11]
Outcome: [2] -Critical Failure-

[?: Mind Invasion]
(Int 6 vs Ind -1): [22] vs [1]
((Couldn't have been worse!))
(It doesn't seem l- Ah. Critical mist- MIND MODULE INTRUSION-ERROR------------DATA COMPROMISED---FORCEFUL SHUT DOWN FAILURE----)

You immediately understood what happened, and deployed your Mind Field with haste in the hopes of protecting Liel from Mind Invasion.

[Ulkas: Mind Field (Advanced Mental Technique)] + [Life Burn -8HP]
[Moderate-Hard] 12: [6]+4 (Life Burn 4)

Generating a Mind Field was a much harder hurdle than you expected. You barely managed to project one with a personal-width. Furthermore, it was more energy-consuming than you expected.

[Ulkas: Mind Counter-Invasion]
(Int 5 vs Int 6): [1]-2 (Lesser Quality Mental Field -2) vs [15]

You deployed your mind to remove the influence within Liel. A thick network of webs that completely envelopped the Assistant's Mind. The moment your mind came in contact with it, it reacted. A wild torrent of thought crashed on you. If you had to make a comparison, it was as if you were wrestling with a giant. It was suffocating, crushing, hopeless.

And next you knew, you were violently kicked out of the mindscape. A crushing defeat. The Mind Field hadn't moved, but was mocking your attempt. Keeping your cool, you used reverse-engineered knowledge to send a reply to your opponent.

[Ulkas: Mind Field Communication (Intermediate)]
[Easy 4]: [14]
Outcome: [4] -Critical Success-

<Gratitude>
<Very Interesting>
<Question>

"Fuhuhuhu, I cannot contain my excitement. This is the first time I met a kindred soul after all. You are welcome, indeed you are. A Question you said? What is it you want to know?"

It spoke through Liel. You could picture its wide smile, which would reach right up its ears if it was a demon.

"Ulkas! What happened to Liel?!"

Nearby Monsters:
[!!!]Unknown Stage 8 Monster (Tailing you, currently in the lower layer of clouds)
> Source of a Field of Mind Manipulation

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Squacks the Carrion Bird - (Devastator)
Here's the plan of attack.  There's nine of us, so we make one 'ambush group' of six, and send out three birds as scouts.  The three will fly seperately roughly in the direction of my former home, and look for singletons, pairs, or trios of wyverns, or the area they're setting up as their new home.  If a scout finds a small group of wyverns, if the scout remains undetected, to head back and let the ambush group know where the target is.  Then we gather up and hit the target as a group of seven, sneaking up and trying to get first strike.  If the scout is spotted, lead the (one, two, or three) wyverns back to the main body of us, using a different signal to let us know how many wyverns are following and where the targets are.  Then we pounce at a vulnerable moment.

We conceal our resting area, do two patrols a day, with different carrion birds, and the ones who didn't have to scout during the day keep watch at night.

If we get rumbled and a large group is coming for us, use alarm squacks, and we'll scatter into trios and hide.  The big group will then either scatter, or call for reinforcements.  If the enemy splits up, one of the trios will fall on a singleton, get a quick kill, and flee again.  Repeat this until they bunch up or retreat.  With our confusing sounds and several of us together, they'll have a very hard time tracking us down.  If the enemy bunches up near our hiding place, we relocate at my old tribe's home, and look for their now-undefended new nest.

We should have the advantage to us here because we're all unusually good fliers, and these are our home grounds, which should make hiding, ambushing, and scouting all easier.

You share your plan with the 7 remaining Carrion Birds. Filled with confidence, they completely agree with it, and once rested you put it into motion. The three scouts took off, while you waited in a concealed place.

[Scout Group]
[Moderate] 10: [14]
Outcome: [1] -Success-

The first day, a scout came back with news. They managed to find a group of three wyverns, and returned undetected. Now was time to set up an ambush and use advantages over numbers.

Luck: [5]
The six birds of the ambush group headed for the wyverns location. Indeed they were three, and they were wounded! It was a golden occasion.

[Sneak (Group)]
[Moderate-Hard] 12: [14]
Outcome: [2]

You silently approached the wyverns, and once in range, you launched the assault!

[Pre-Emptive Strike]
(Str 1 vs Con 1): [7] [8,6,6,1,11]+2 (Ambush) vs [6,2,10]-2 (Badly Wounded -2)
Critical: [8,7,3,7,2,8]
Damage: [1,2,2,3,2,6]
> Wyvern1 -2 (Scales Mitigation)
> Wyvern2 -3 (Scales Mitigation)
> Wyvern3 -6 (Scales Mitigation)

[Dirty Fighter]
[Moderate-Easy] 8: [2]

[Wyvern Retaliation]
(Str 2 vs Con 0): [5-2,13-2,4-3] vs [10] [10,8,7,7,1]
Critical: [5,1]
Damage: [2,6]x3
> 6 twice
> 12 once

A violent melee ensued. Your first strike was greatly effective, beaks and talons digging in their wounds and tearing at their flesh. Despite the surprise and their wounds, the wyverns retaliated with rage and surprising vigor. Two Birds were Badly Wounded, while another one was instantly crushed by a vicious bite, dying on the spot.

Unfettered, you continued the assault.

[Carrion Birds Attack]
(Str 1 vs Con 1): [10] [8,9,4-2,2-2] vs [11-2,8-2,5-3]
Critical: [3,10] -One Critical Hit-
Damage: [1,6]
> Wyvern1 -1 (Scales Mitigation)
> Wyvern2 -5 (Scales Mitigation)
> Wyvern3 No Damage

Filled with rage from the death of your kin, you tore viciously at a weakened wyvern, managing to create such a massive wound it quickly lost consciousness from blood loss, and died.

It seems these wyverns didn't have a single intent to flee, they were going to fight to the death.

[Wyvern Retaliation]
(Str 2 vs Con 0): [11-2,11-3]-1 (Multiattack) vs [2] [2,10,9,8]
Critical: [9]
Damage: [6]x3
> 18 twice

[Squack Constitution Roll]
[Moderate] 10: [3]
Outcome: [2] -Not good-

One of the two remaining wyvern was growing increasingly more vicious. With a single strike it killed a nearby bird, and then its barbed tail lashed at you with great force! Near Fatal Damage

Do you fall back and leave the other to try to finish them?

Nearby Monsters:
-About five Carrion Birds (Friendly)
> Kra, jagged Carrion Bird
> 2 Badly Wounded (-6)
> 2 Dead

-Three Badly Wounded Wyverns
> -3 (Badly Wounded)
> Dead
> -6 (Critically Wounded)

Spoiler: Squacks Status (click to show/hide)

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
savage beasts are not what I hoped for, but perhaps there is essence to be scavenged. go investigate, but stay hidden.

[Investigate]
[Moderate] 10: [8]
Outcome: [6] -Partial Success-

Flavor: [4]

You arrived at the source of the roars, but the battle had ended before you could reach the location. The unrecognizable remains of a creature were splattered on the ashen ground, lying in a thick puddle of disgusting deep green-yellow goop.

There was no essence to be harvested, but a strong mind presence remained.

[Salvage Memories]
[Hard] 15: [20] -Critical Success-

You used Mind Eater on the lingering mind. Visions assailled you, those of that once alive creature.

It wasn't native to the deadland. Came from far away. Curious. Too curious. Mistake. Where did you come from? East. East east east. Unknown colors. Teal forests. Azure skies. Magic. Lot of magic. Humans-

Humans.

You stopped. Focused again.

Humans. Dangerous. Must flee. Magic. Magic. It hurts. It burns. It hurts. Now here. Now dead.

Humans lived where that creature came from. It seemed far to the East, but it was exactly what you had sought all your life. And these Humans could use magic. That would be a pretty long journey...

[If you undertake the journey east, stuff will happen without interruption except if you ask to. You very certainly won't die, but anything could happen. Still, if there is anything of note you will do during that time, feel free to state it.]

Nearby Monsters:
-No monster

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

The Newborn Elemental Spirit of Ice  - (TricMagic)
Antarctic Wind, and move in close to counterattack with Cold Mist. Freeze. Crack.. & Shatter~

[Antarctic Wind]
(Pow 1 vs Res 1): [9]-1 (Tired -1) vs [10]-2 (Tired -1 Wounded -1)
Critical: [10] -Critical Hit-
Damage: [6] (Ice ineffectiveness cancelled): [6]

You unleashed yet another gust of Antarctic Wind, to great effect! The Sphere shivered, and then cracks appeared all over its body until it shattered into pieces.

1 Lesser Essence

You spent a lot of stamina on this fight, and are feeling Very Tired. Nature Spirit is also draining at your stamina.

Nearby Monsters:
-Frost Sphere  Dead
> -11HP

Spoiler: Spirit of Ice Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von
Sleep in a safe place, then hunt.

Sleep: [1]
No rest for the wicked. You tried to find a safe place, but nowhere felt devoid of danger. Everywhere you went, your senses told you to keep moving, even when you were sure there was nothing there.

And surely, your senses were right. It didn't take long for you to feel something tracking you.

Try to lose it, or face it?

[Perception]
[Moderate-Hard] 12: [8]
Outcome: [1] -Epic Failure-

You have no idea where the enemy is, what it is, and how strong it could be.

Nearby Beings:
-Something is hunting you!

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
As exepcted, the first round went smoothly. However, Skee knew there were strong opponents in the tournament, and the battles to come wouldn't be so easy. But for now, he was victorious. He simply waited for the round to end, but remained wary in case one of the other fighters decided to attack him for some reason.

Flavor: [5]
The remaining contestants of your group fought intensely, and three victors emerged. They had suffered severe wounds in their fights, which would cripple them for what was to come next. You could tell they would quickly fall to the next trial.

You were the last to finish. A shame, you would have loved to see the Greater Leaders fight. And unsurprisingly, none of them had lost to this phase, and they all seemed unscathed. 24 contestants remained, the 8 Greater Leaders and the 16 remaining chosen.

Knakarsh the Mighty announced the results of the first phase, as well as the details of the next phase.
"We have 24 victors! Makralians, acclaim the chosen!"

The crowd went in a frenzy of teeth and claws, roaring with unrestrained excitement. This event was a first for all Makralians, one they wouldn't forget.
"The last phase to determine the future ruler of all packs. A one on one tournament will decide the strongest among us! MAKRALIANS, ARE YOU READY?!"

Drowning in the cheers, Knakarsh and the others smiled. In a one on one fight, the chances of a Greater Leader losing were extremely slim. Everyone knew, but no one dared contest or was too busy being swept by the mood.

Nearby Monsters:
-Nearly a thousand of Adult Makralians
-The 8 Greater Leaders
-The 39 Lesser Leaders

-The 24 last contestants

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
"Very well. We will hear you out. I cannot ignore another being in need." Grey remarks.

Split the essence equally with Brown. Listen to the Sand Spirits.

Essence absorbed

"You have our gratitude for freeing our comrade from pain, and for dispelling our curse. We need your help to defeat the source of this curse. Several moons ago, a great spirit of Hate invaded the valley, and turned all of us Sand Spirits into hateful Wraiths. Because of it, many left."

[You may converse with them if you wish to]

Nearby Monsters:
-Pacified Greater Sand Spirits [Non-Hostile]

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:21:48 am by Nakéen »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 15, 2019, 04:52:45 am »

Squelchy follows the voice. Not much other options, considering the circumstances.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 15, 2019, 05:15:44 am »

Immediately after Astrosa question, Ulkas raised one hand to stop her and, retaining his calm composure, used second to send a few gestures with an obvious meaning: finger on mouth - “Silence”, point at clouds and Liel - “It is here”, then eye contact - “Very Dangerous”, making sure she understood.

Next, it was time to even the field.

Use glimpses of understanding to match my mind field state to the beings, curing its inferiorities. Life Burn if needed.

”Excitement is mutual. Quite convenient that we may converse in proper now, as well. Initially, I wanted to ask another master of mind about more hints, but you already delivered a plenty, so you have my thanks for that. We have noticed you following us a while ago, yet you remained content in observation until we reached the human city. What attracted your interest in the first place?”
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 15, 2019, 05:35:05 am »

Squelchy follows the voice. Not much other options, considering the circumstances.

Following the voice eventually leads you out of the jungle into an open field of very tall grass. The slimes rejoice from achieving an objective, and you notice in the shadows of the jungle a set of pure yellow eyes watching over you. You quickly guess the voice came from this being.

Immediately after Astrosa question, Ulkas raised one hand to stop her and, retaining his calm composure, used second to send a few gestures with an obvious meaning: finger on mouth - “Silence”, point at clouds and Liel - “It is here”, then eye contact - “Very Dangerous”, making sure she understood.

Next, it was time to even the field.

Use glimpses of understanding to match my mind field state to the beings, curing its inferiorities. Life Burn if needed.

”Excitement is mutual. Quite convenient that we may converse in proper now, as well. Initially, I wanted to ask another master of mind about more hints, but you already delivered a plenty, so you have my thanks for that. We have noticed you following us a while ago, yet you remained content in observation until we reached the human city. What attracted your interest in the first place?”

Astrosa silently nodded, picking up on the gravity of the situation.

[Mind Field Adaptation -Intermediate+]
[Easy-Moderate] 7: [11]
Outcome: [2] -Success-

You increase the coherence of your Mind Field, making it stronger and whole. It properly feels as a passive extension of your mind now, and the strain on your mind is greatly reduced.

[Liel: Extent of Mind Invasion]
Luck: [6]

"Hmm... that I didn't expect. Sorry about your friend, they may be a bit damaged when I return them. I commend their bravery, deleting their memories without a sliver of hesitation to prevent me from accessing them? It just makes me all the more curious. Oh so curious. It was a pure coincidence that you caught my interest. I was merely passing by when you intruded this territory. There are many outsiders like you who do so, most last a few hours or so. I was bored, so I followed you. And oh was I right to do so.
I saw how you handled these lesser beasts. Imagine the surprise when I saw you were an adept of the mind.
Then you went straight for the Humans, despite knowing nothing about those.
And when I thought you would just waltz in, you headed upward. That's when I knew. Your arrival wasn't a coincidence. You knew of what lies above. You know a lot. And I see within you a kindred soul."

They gave you a second to process the information, and then asked.

"Let us exchange identities, what is your name? I just desire to converse, tell me of your travels, of your desires. Tell me everything."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 15, 2019, 05:46:35 am »

[I keep biting off more than I can chew, huh? ._.' Got lucky this time]

"It is. Well done, kid."

Eximius pats Prias on the back in his Illusionary form, before gesturing at the Essence.

"To the victors go the spoils." He says with a clear mirth in his voice.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:29:42 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 15, 2019, 05:53:33 am »

[I keep biting off more than I can chew, huh? ._.' Got lucky this time]
[It's- it's not like I'm trying to have you killed, b-baka!] (Got unlucky with the encounter roll, but got lucky with the combat rolls. Be proud!)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 15, 2019, 05:58:57 am »

(Can I get a bit of an explanation of those combat rolls?  I'm not sure what happened.)

(Also, it is just me and the level 1 bird left?)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 06:09:21 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 99