Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 212947 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 40
« Reply #1050 on: July 06, 2019, 09:03:38 am »

"I have no desire to become human either. I know my place is to rule, but my form as an undead will not be sacrificed."

"However, with that said... I cannot help but wonder about my life. Who was I? What lead me to become a footsoldier? And where did my remarkable ambition come from? Perhaps the answer lies outside of these cursed deadlands... What say you two?"

"I agree. I feel compelled to know more, to know what I was before. I feel incomplete without my past identity, even if I know given my current state, I would be better forgetting."

[Memories: Artomal 10] [20] -Critical Success-
"...Well uh, I actually remember my life for one. I didn't realize neither of you did, I must be a little bit special then? Yours truly was once the fourth son of the noble house of De Montora, born in Montora, the town founded by my ancestors in the southern coast of Fordania. Unmarried, though I did enjoy lovely company more than once. Joined the military at the age of 14 as a knight, placed in the 4th Argyros Squadron. I was promised glory, but all I did was killing monsters all day long. That's what peace does to you eh? And then I died in a most gruesome way during the eradication expedition of the Elon Woods, doing what I have been most of my life. That one was quite traumatic, what with that unholy abomination which crushed the whole army in a matter of seconds? Quite the boring life I'm afraid."

"Wait, you what?"

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 06, 2019, 09:10:34 am »

Terrence seemed to shudder, his bones clacking against each other quietly.

"I pray we never find ourselves pitted against such a creature. To be able to decimate an entire army, ten times over, each as natural as taking a step... The thought chills the very soul."
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 06, 2019, 09:19:27 am »

"Yes, oh the trauma! Now to answer your initial question... It's good to know who you were. It makes a nice icebreaker. Hmm yes, indeed."

"... Artomal, you are a weird one. Or maybe I am the weird one, you aren't surprised Terrence? I feel like the odd one out, I mean, I am shocked. I can't believe you remember your past. How does it feel?"

"Normal? I mean, I did have a huge existential crisis when I realized I was all ectoplasmic. But you get used to it, that's how life is eh? Unlife isn't much different, and it's quite dandy knowing I'm now immortal. I will miss the pleasures of the flesh though, for sure."

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 06, 2019, 09:31:51 am »

"I am surprised, but contrast an undead who remembers their past life to metal-fused skeletons, marauders who have grown four clawed arms, and living suits of armor. In the relatively short time I have existed as undead, I have learned to forbid such remarkable occurrences from phasing me."

"Now, only the question of whether we are ready to engage our warden remains. Shall we chase after the armor? Or shall we continue along the path of the marauder, in search of greater power? I, for one, suspect we are not yet ready, but very near to it."
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 06, 2019, 09:41:52 am »

it’s quite clear that whatever is protecting the path is several times stronger than me. This leaves two options: the first is to find a way around that doesn’t use that pass, such as flight or a scalable cliff. the second is to collect as much power in as many forms as possible, then return here and attempt to force my way through.

as such, I start moving away from the pass, following the cliffside to the left of it in search of either a way around, or a source of power such as other monsters or a mana well.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 06, 2019, 09:43:31 am »

"I choose power. It seems the more we grow, the closer to recalling I get. It would be two birds with one stone."

"What is this armor you speak of?"

"A most dreadful animated suit of armour, which is rumored to be linked to the cursed fog. It is our main obstacle in our quest for freedom."

"How dreadful! In that case I choose to get stronger! I do not feel confident in my ability to take on dangerous opponents, no no no. How about trying to find more allies? Surely others like us would like to defeat that horrifying behemoth."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 06, 2019, 11:36:34 am »

Back when Prias visited Veras

"I agree. Delving deeply into one field is impressive, but being good at multiple at once is also commendable. But let's get back to the jewel. If I understand correctly, the amulet you could create would store magic and vitality within? It sounds like it would synergize with us quite well... Though the spell interests me as well. Do you have any predictions on what sort of magic it would be?"

Questions. IN THE PAST!
(...)

IN THE PAST

"I am quite certain it would be a healing spell. Those are the most common and easiest spells to awaken from materials with strong affinity with life-related magic. It could also be a draining spell, but that's unlikely because of my lack of aptitudes in crafting."
"It would be useful in an emergency. Very useful, I'd say. What do you think, Prias?"

Amulets are useful, right, Prias? Right?
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 06, 2019, 11:43:06 am »

"I agree. Delving deeply into one field is impressive, but being good at multiple at once is also commendable. But let's get back to the jewel. If I understand correctly, the amulet you could create would store magic and vitality within? It sounds like it would synergize with us quite well... Though the spell interests me as well. Do you have any predictions on what sort of magic it would be?"

Questions. IN THE PAST!
(...)

IN THE PAST

"I am quite certain it would be a healing spell. Those are the most common and easiest spells to awaken from materials with strong affinity with life-related magic. It could also be a draining spell, but that's unlikely because of my lack of aptitudes in crafting."
"It would be useful in an emergency. Very useful, I'd say. What do you think, Prias?"

The paaast

"I didn't even know you could create such a powerful item with this jewel. I'm seriously amazed, it could be a lifesaver in a crisis!"

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 06, 2019, 12:36:01 pm »

Keep waiting and trying to understand Shnapa's brain, without tampering with it too much. Open your host's eyes so you may watch the semi-finals, but keep resting.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 06, 2019, 01:36:12 pm »

Questions. IN THE PAST!
(...)

IN THE PAST

The paaast

"I didn't even know you could create such a powerful item with this jewel. I'm seriously amazed, it could be a lifesaver in a crisis!"
"Veras, can we bother you to create this amulet then?"

THE PAAAST is settled, I think.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 39
« Reply #1060 on: July 06, 2019, 01:54:43 pm »

Go'Von
Kill the leech, and drag its body up a wall where we can consume it from a safer vantage point.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 07, 2019, 01:18:22 am »

"We killed some wyverns, and then escaped this way.  The wyverns were then attacked by even bigger monsters."  "I'm sorry things went so bad."  "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Try to find some food for them.  Look only for dead stuff, fight leftovers.  Carry some back.  Run away if something looks nasty.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 01:23:09 am by Devastator »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 07, 2019, 01:22:02 am »

"Then on we shall travel. To build our strength, and our army! Our freedom we will earn, our kingdom we will claim!"

Onwards, to chase might and companionship!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 07, 2019, 09:41:39 pm »

"Are you okay now?" Gray asked the Djinns, attempting to see if they had recovered fully. Inwardly, he was very proud of the way that he was able to apply the form that he had practiced. However, he only took a moment to enjoy it before turning to the Sand Spirits. This wasn't over yet, and the longer he took, the longer the remaining monsters were bound by hate. "That just leaves the Mirages, right? What can you tell me of them? Any special abilities or weaknesses?"

Check to see that the Djinns are okay and ask the Sand Spirits for more information on the Mirages.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 08, 2019, 09:44:04 am »

Viridikion stares at the claw marks. There was a dragon here! But it also didn't want to be disturbed. As much as Viridikion wanted to meet other dragons, It wouldn't be nice to just enter uninvited, not at all.

...Food! The first thing Ebes did was to bring food! Maybe, he could befriend the dragon if he brought some food, like Ebes did with him! Everyone likes food! So, Viridikion climbs the nearby trees with his claws, and starts gathering fruits, piling them in front of the marked tree.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 99