Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 212691 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 40
« Reply #1095 on: February 10, 2020, 06:08:48 pm »

Are you accepting new players?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What’s the answer? Can I join?
Yes, I made you wait long enough :)

----

Starting luck: [2] -Bad-

You were content living your life as a carnivorous plant in peace, feeding on the nutrients provided by the soil and the occasional creature that fell prey to your ambush. Life was simple back then. But the jungle had changed, and the balance of powers was shattered. At first the strong and opportunistic preyed on the weakest. Now they left to make war against each others in an attempt to assert absolute control over the resources of the jungle.

And now, a temporary vacuum has appeared. The small and weak are left to their own devices, and many realized that if they don't seize the occasion now, it may be too late when the powerful has finished warring...

[The law of the jungle]

Hungry eyes lie upon you. Hungrier eyes lie upon them. The trees are silent, the canopy immobile. Monsters are waiting, the tension at a tipping point. When the first attack occur, all will break loose and fight to survive and dominate.

[Quick observation]

You see many carnivorous plants -some hanging from trees, other keeping close to the ground-, all at the ready. Monsters in the shape of reptiles, insects and mammals are ready to leap. Even the birds are about to lunge.

Carefully choose your next course of action.

Nearby Beings:
- Innumerable weak hostile monsters of all king

Spoiler: Snivera's Status (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 41
« Reply #1096 on: February 10, 2020, 06:13:15 pm »

Fly towards whichever insects are furthest away from other creatures and attempt to eat them
((thank you for letting me join))
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 08:05:06 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 10, 2020, 07:58:58 pm »

Minutes passed as Eximius collected himself. Only after some time did he speak up.

"... I've shown you something pathetic, huh? So much for the 'ancient weapon of immeasurable power'. You take me off for a short while and I fall apart in panic."

"... Though I suppose that helped me see just how much all these millennia affected me. Those decades, centuries of waiting alone in darkness - unable to do anything - before a suitable host appears like a ray of light, banishing the shadows. Only for them to be taken away before their rise to greatness. Taken away from me! Every single user I've lost, it felt as if a part of my self was ripped away! And every single time, despite our life-bonds, I somehow didn't die as I should've! Cast away into the shadow with just me and my ever-growing regrets to keep me company! Until someone else would finally happen upon me and then be torn away from me in the end! With how unstable I was becoming, no wonder I've forgotten so much! No, I've made myself forget!"
Eximius stopped suddenly, noticing that he became increasingly agitated, along with this sudden realization. "Apologies. That was uncalled for."

Heart to heart... no. Heart to soul ho!

For the following days, Eximius would like to get Prias used to his newfound Heroism. Whether by training or actual combat by hunting, it didn't really matter. Unless Prias had any other ideas?
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 11, 2020, 03:01:33 am »

Spoiler: Conversation off-forum (click to show/hide)

”We need to crack Temple’s riddle before Gol appears. Liel would help analyze it, so I guess we stand a decent chance of success. Let’s go!”

RUSH to the Sky Temple! It’s best to use it’s advantage, if any, on our side.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 04:59:55 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 11, 2020, 03:16:52 am »

Azarian was keenly aware of two things when it came to the Dipter preparing to dive-bomb him: It was resistant to and fed on magical energy, and it could fly. He was made of magical energy in some ways, and this raised two concerns: that it was not the only one nearby, and that they may be more lethal than average to him, especially after narrowly escaping death by magical artillery.

On the other hand, seizing control might provide him a way to escape this desolate prison because it might be able to fly over the mountainous area that blocked his passage. If he could make it over, or at least around the wall of the pass, he might be able to continue his search for knowledge and power.
Regardless, he needed to seize control of the bundle of instincts that passed for it's mind before it drew too close. If it made physical contact with him before that, he could guess that luck wouldnt favor him a third time.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: February 11, 2020, 04:32:27 am »

Minutes passed as Eximius collected himself. Only after some time did he speak up.

"... I've shown you something pathetic, huh? So much for the 'ancient weapon of immeasurable power'. You take me off for a short while and I fall apart in panic."

"... Though I suppose that helped me see just how much all these millennia affected me. Those decades, centuries of waiting alone in darkness - unable to do anything - before a suitable host appears like a ray of light, banishing the shadows. Only for them to be taken away before their rise to greatness. Taken away from me! Every single user I've lost, it felt as if a part of my self was ripped away! And every single time, despite our life-bonds, I somehow didn't die as I should've! Cast away into the shadow with just me and my ever-growing regrets to keep me company! Until someone else would finally happen upon me and then be torn away from me in the end! With how unstable I was becoming, no wonder I've forgotten so much! No, I've made myself forget!"
Eximius stopped suddenly, noticing that he became increasingly agitated, along with this sudden realization. "Apologies. That was uncalled for."

For the following days, Eximius would like to get Prias used to his newfound Heroism. Whether by training or actual combat by hunting, it didn't really matter. Unless Prias had any other ideas?

"No, don't apologize. I understand your feeling of abandonment" Prias said as he played nervously with his fingers.

"I felt the same when my parents died to monsters. Left behind, lost, and unable to die out of respect for their sacrifice. I cursed them. I cursed myself. And then I started going on dangerous, lonely hunts hoping for a swift death. The truth is, this is why we met. I didn't believe I would succeed, I thought I was going to die. And there was a point I really hoped I wouldn't return, and I was glad."

He rubbed his trembling hands together to ward off the cold of the night.

"I know I'm still trapped by these old ghosts. I know I'm just running away from them, by throwing myself against impossible odds. I know I will have to face my trauma someday. But I just can't."

His voice trembled on that last sentence. He sighed, watching longingly at the ink-black sky.

"I feel so pathetic at times. Guess that makes two of us right?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 11, 2020, 05:54:30 am »

Would you like me to try and roleplay some conversation the next time Squacks is talking with someone, Nakéen?

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 11, 2020, 05:57:07 am »

"No, don't apologize. I understand your feeling of abandonment" Prias said as he played nervously with his fingers.

"I felt the same when my parents died to monsters. Left behind, lost, and unable to die out of respect for their sacrifice. I cursed them. I cursed myself. And then I started going on dangerous, lonely hunts hoping for a swift death. The truth is, this is why we met. I didn't believe I would succeed, I thought I was going to die. And there was a point I really hoped I wouldn't return, and I was glad."

He rubbed his trembling hands together to ward off the cold of the night.

"I know I'm still trapped by these old ghosts. I know I'm just running away from them, by throwing myself against impossible odds. I know I will have to face my trauma someday. But I just can't."

His voice trembled on that last sentence. He sighed, watching longingly at the ink-black sky.

"I feel so pathetic at times. Guess that makes two of us right?"
"That it does. For now. But I won't let us stay that way. You and me are meant for greater things than moping around depressed, chained by our pasts."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 21, 2020, 04:38:29 am »

Update in two days, I got a bit distracted :)
I aim for a slow 1 update a week, then try to pump out faster updates. Thanks for your prolonged patience!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 21, 2020, 10:45:10 am »

Float for a while, waiting for time to pass. Find a ridge high in the walls of the grove/summits I can freeze into a small cavern to make a base to rest in.

Wind and snow, become ice and glittering dust.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 22, 2020, 01:26:50 pm »

So many days spent traveling, with many minor successes, but then... this. The time has come for action, but we must strip these enemies of every advantage we can!

"Quickly, men! Form a triangle and take up your defensive posture! Be prepared for an assault from any direction, and stand fast; they shall impale themselves upon our blades!"

Form a back to back triangle with Vel and Artomal. Keep both my lower hands on my sword, upper hands open and prepared to snag any incoming attacks that my sword is too slow to counter. Maximum defense; let them come to us!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 24, 2020, 05:56:09 pm »

Try to assess the changes that occured in your hosts' brain. Are they beneficial ? In the meantime, observe the final match. There's probably much to learn from this...

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 15, 2020, 04:04:14 am »

I must apologize once more! With RL life becoming a little bit crazier with covid19 running rampant, my past week and next weeks will be really busy. I don't know if I will find the motivation to write during my spare time, given I will most likely be very exhausted due to increased workload.

Also keep yourselves and others safe!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 15, 2020, 04:06:12 am »

Good luck, and stay safe.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile