Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214866 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 47
« Reply #1275 on: October 18, 2022, 06:00:10 am »

"I-I'm fine now, Prias." Eximius answered in a somewhat shaky voice, "I felt a... connection. Another like me had found their wielder, somewhere in the Deadland—for what little I felt it, they're far, far more powerful than us. I have no clue of their intentions, but my instincts tell me that death awaits if we cross them."

He sighed, before finally answering the fledgling Hero's query, "Let's move closer to Safara and look for more suitable prey at the Deadland's borders. We're too deep for my liking, especially with that new user around..."

It appears that GTFO is still in progress.

[With Ulkas there to rein in Astrosa, perhaps death wouldn't be the immediate outcome and we'd get some player-player interaction that we haven't had for a while, but Eximius is way too paranoid and traumatized when it comes to potentially losing another wielder to go anywhere near there unless it was Prias' wish to do so.]

[EDIT: Oh right. I don't remember if I mentioned it, but Eximius only offers suggestions. So if you think that Prias would prefer to do something differently, go ahead Nakéen. Ultimately Eximius is not in the driver's seat, he's riding shotgun. Or maybe he's literally a shotgun?]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 06:14:28 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 18, 2022, 06:10:59 am »

use Identify on the humanoids, realizing there was no way they could could know I wasn’t a normal treasure chest, wait until they pass me and then chomp their head off

Yum!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 18, 2022, 02:24:52 pm »

Ulkas grinned happily. Time for some recreational fighting has come!

Test my full range of capabilities as I was unable to fully extend myself before. Keep track of overall battle with Liel’s help and Mind Field. Support Astrosa if truly necessary - she needs to unwind.

[Requesting Time Skip (Training Arc), as demons need to relax before going for more Ancient mysteries.]
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 18, 2022, 02:39:32 pm »

[With Ulkas there to rein in Astrosa, perhaps death wouldn't be the immediate outcome and we'd get some player-player interaction that we haven't had for a while, but Eximius is way too paranoid and traumatized when it comes to potentially losing another wielder to go anywhere near there unless it was Prias' wish to do so.]
I highly don’t recommend meeting the pair right now ::)

Demons are having recreational massacre of undead for Astrosa to unwind (she held herself in check all the time we traveled with Ambition, her bloodlust having three-way fight with paranoia and trust in Ulkas) and Ulkas just had a detached enlightenment, on top of Last of Ancients kinda telling him “killing all life is fine, only those who answer the Call would matter in the end”

That said, if we come across later - Eximius Res is not truly in danger, but that can’t be said about Prias, as demons have complicated history with humans, parts of which are still forgotten. Ultimately, it would depend on initial reactions and I will be very interested in your continuous survival! Caedan had better grasp on Ancient secrets, but Eximius is exploring human heroes - which add to the game lore and reading pleasure
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 02:41:03 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 18, 2022, 03:39:35 pm »

Better than meeting Squacks, who mostly just wants all these crazy strong monsters who are destroying the world dead.  Don't think it'd be good to meet an actually strong monster.  Particularly since he'd be quite distressed at seeing one attacking much weaker ones.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 04:13:54 pm by Devastator »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: October 18, 2022, 04:20:12 pm »

Better than meeting Squacks, who mostly just wants all these crazy strong monsters who are destroying the world dead.  Don't think it'd be good to meet an actually strong monster.  Particularly since he'd be quite distressed at seeing one attacking much weaker ones.
The problem, as conversation with Ancient shows, is that world itself supports and encourages bloody strife as a means to support & revive itself (monsters serving as Essence refineries). With oncoming Resurrection and/or Apocalypse, all living beings start feeling the need to fight, become stronger and take part in the Call, eventually.

So better keep getting stronger. And the easiest way to do so is to destroy weaklings you dislike (as stronger beings would eventually feast on your Essence). But some choose going after strongest - better to do so with support, naturally

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 18, 2022, 04:59:41 pm »

Then maybe the world should be what dies, instead of everything that lives on it.

The biggest issue I see is not that it'll be hard.. it'll be bloody hard, but that I'll have neither any true allies nor any real support.  The world will twist any actual allies I have into conflict, because of the Call.  The other is that I can't really engage in gang-up fights, as the weaker creatures will be dying to make me stronger, which isn't acceptable.

There's also the fact that I might need to siphon off skill points into resisting the call, which will just add another layer of challenge.

Do you see any way to more efficiently deal with my needs?  There are three defenses I need to cover.  Do you think I could get away with skipping any skills about essence management or call resistance?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 18, 2022, 05:24:56 pm »

In universe, it will be very, very hard to form a monster community able to resist the Call. Only humans are able to resist the Call, and it is not by choice due to their species wide inability to individually absorb Essence, leading them to rely on Heroes.

If they were given the choices, even Humans would accept the Call and the power it could give them.

You could technically achieve a world free from the Call if you somehow managed to trigger a second Catastrophe, stripping everyone of Essence and returning them to a base, mindless state...

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 18, 2022, 05:55:51 pm »

Is the first one of this canon? Because I’m hearing a lot of words I don’t get, so I might just read it.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: October 18, 2022, 06:00:06 pm »

Yes! I can answer any lore question you have though, or give you a summary of the overarching storyline.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 18, 2022, 06:07:12 pm »

Yes! I can answer any lore question you have though, or give you a summary of the overarching storyline.

Nah. I’ll just read it and ask any questions I have after. :)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 18, 2022, 06:11:35 pm »

In universe, it will be very, very hard to form a monster community able to resist the Call. Only humans are able to resist the Call, and it is not by choice due to their species wide inability to individually absorb Essence, leading them to rely on Heroes.

If they were given the choices, even Humans would accept the Call and the power it could give them.

You could technically achieve a world free from the Call if you somehow managed to trigger a second Catastrophe, stripping everyone of Essence and returning them to a base, mindless state...

Hmm.

So is going it alone the option, then, if I don't want to kill my buddies?  Does that mean that I'll have to kill everyone who can absorb essence if I decide to set up a community like that?

Or would doing that even work?  It sounds like the world may be able to make those who couldn't absorb essence into those who can absorb essence, making even that not a solution.

As for causing a Cataclysm, is that possible to do in such a way that it depowers myself in addition to everything else?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 18, 2022, 08:19:54 pm »

I read a little, and I know the basics.

It seems this is a competition, and I am at a severe disadvantage by starting late lol.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 18, 2022, 08:29:48 pm »

Oh well, maybe I can find my own yandere demon to give me a arm. Lmao

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 18, 2022, 11:52:35 pm »

I read a little, and I know the basics.

It seems this is a competition, and I am at a severe disadvantage by starting late lol.
Dying is fun & progress is quite fast at first. When you get to stage 3, most bases would be covered and it is pretty smooth sailing from there. With occasional mortal danger, ofc (see Squishy in first game; Stormslayer also kinda applies, but most monsters won’t be bound to defend a place)

Oh well, maybe I can find my own yandere demon to give me a arm. Lmao
Do note that while Ulkas cheated like, constantly, he was one bad roll from death on multiple occasions (including meeting Astrosa, Tinzakena ritual, crazed Astrosa, twin Heroes (in cinematic battle, so does not really count), pre-meeting Xatares, Ambition). Currently he might seem OP, but surroundings are swarmed with higher staged monsters (that are _much_ stronger, mainly in Attributes).

So is going it alone the option, then, if I don't want to kill my buddies?  Does that mean that I'll have to kill everyone who can absorb essence if I decide to set up a community like that?

Or would doing that even work?  It sounds like the world may be able to make those who couldn't absorb essence into those who can absorb essence, making even that not a solution.

As for causing a Cataclysm, is that possible to do in such a way that it depowers myself in addition to everything else?
World is waking up and more monsters start to absorb essence. Players are an example of recently-awakened ones. I guess your quest is bound to proceed in slaughter.

Next Cataclysm will 70% kill everything and 30% repeat past one (all monsters going crazy from Essence loss, civilization collapsing, nothing getting done for thousands of years). Also, we had Ancient vaults to plunder this time. Next time, there would be nothing, so it is another variation of “kill everything”.

Plus, to start Cataclysm, you need to reach stage 10 to get into island of Ey. Read several of my last turns with Last talking (silver text), he explains it better and seems likely to be truth (or an elaborate plan to break into Ey, but same results)

There are alternatives, like Corruption, but with Dahak disappearance, we don’t know much about it and it seemed less of a danger compared to “Outer Gods”

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 99