Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: A Dot In A Void (ISG) [Going Retro- Arcade!]  (Read 19680 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
A Dot In A Void (ISG) [Going Retro- Arcade!]
« on: October 01, 2017, 06:31:48 pm »

You are a dot. Imagine that. Things appear to be in three dimensions, but are portrayed from your view as two dimensional, for simplicity. All around you is an empty white void. You feel the urge to do something. Furthermore, you feel as though your view is relatively poor, a limited resolution, perhaps. The world is very dotlike, you assume.

What do you do?

Spoiler: Yourself, Unnamed Dot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 07:07:35 am by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: A Dot In A Void (ISG)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 06:38:41 pm »

I feel
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 06:58:58 pm »

I try to comprehend how I am able to see.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 07:05:43 pm »

You grow a heart. In theory, you should be able to feel now. In practice, you have a new organ. Nevertheless, you still figure out the concept of emotion. Without other entities, is is fairly difficult to express them. You neither have a mouth, nor any other organ to propagate communication. You like feeling, despite being a dot.

You try to comprehend your sight. It is odd. You have no eyes to speak of, and of all mediums, why would you see in two dimension?. Vaguely, your newfound feelingness experiences a flash of laziness, coming from the direction of nowhere in particular. You then proceed to ignore it. Perhaps it is better to not question things.

You are still in a blank, white void. It is lonely here.

Spoiler: Yourself, Unnamed Dot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 07:09:03 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 07:28:08 pm »

Grow another heart in the bottom left corner of our body then split that corner off from us, like 1/8 of our size in a cube around the heart.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 07:36:23 pm »

Create a happiness-producing/boredom-negation machine. Hook it up to ourselves and sit in bliss until the end of time.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 07:37:57 pm »

Imagine a whole world, all contained within yourself.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 07:39:37 pm »

Try to remember how you came to exist
Insert witty signature here

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 07:40:50 pm »

Think of Color
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 08:20:23 pm »

First of all, you split yourself into two unequal chunks. Your conscious mind appears to be one, despite your physical form being in two different points. For a being without a stomach, you sure feel nauseous. Anyhow, you grow a new heart into your miniature body. It seems that you can move both, but only one at a time.

Secondly, a fit of oddness comes over you, especially of your main, larger body, and in the search of emotion, a machine pops into existence. It's dials and readouts show the production of pure happiness, to be fed through a pipe. You, using your previous philosophy of 'just accept it' move your main body to connect onto said pipe.

At once, you lose all feeling, or connection, from your main body. If you had not split off a small chunk of yourself, you're fairly certain your misadventures would have come to a close. Thankfully, you do still exist, though you feel your intelligence, power of creation, and sense of emotion diminish. Were such things visible, you would describe it as visibly changed. This is indeed a predicament you've found yourself in.

No matter for now, you have time. You attempt to create a world in miniature, but find that your creation power has both diminished, and your inner space is too little to fit both it and your heart at once. What a shame. You're sure that you'll figure it out eventually.

Next, you attempt to remember how you came to exist. You draw a blank. You comprehend the concepts of past present, and future, knowing that previously, you lacked a heart, but you have no idea when this specifically happened. The issue is that you have no temporal reference, only yourself being here. You have no idea if these "short" events took aeons, or but mere moments. You're sure it was empty, before, though. You see no reason why it wouldn't be.

Finally, you think of color. It's not very difficult, as you can see color. Your heart, and the happiness machine are both colored. It is a very nice thing color, but you mustn't get sidetracked from the main issue at hand.

That, of course, being the significant loss of a wide variety of things.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:42:58 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 08:25:38 pm »

Remove and destroy the machine, then re-integrate into the main/original body (only if the machine is definitely broken).

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 08:28:27 pm »

(if we don't re-integrate into the original body) Attempt to form a second, separate consciousness in our discarded body.
(if we do) Attempt to form a second, separate consciousness within ourselves.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 10:06:05 pm by GigaGiant »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 08:30:40 pm »

(if we don't re-integrate into the original body) Attempt to form a second consciousness in our discarded body.
(if we do) Attempt to form a second consciousness within ourselves.
This is probably a terrible idea.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 08:46:15 pm »

Why not try to lower the amount of happiness the machine produces first or shut it off, no need to destroy it completely.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 08:50:38 pm »

(if we don't re-integrate into the original body) Attempt to form a second consciousness in our discarded body.
(if we do) Attempt to form a second consciousness within ourselves.
This is probably a terrible idea.
Maybe, but it would be nice if we had a friend.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13