Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Cold War Arms Race Test: Turn 2/7  (Read 4010 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cold War Arms Race Test: Turn 1/7
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2017, 10:02:51 am »

Okay, so, I've been busy for the last day or two so I haven't had proper oppourtunity to return and give the turn. So here I am!

Basically, all you have to do with marketing is to
a. Choose who you're marketing the goods to, and what goods you're marketing.
b. Set the price you'll be selling them for.

Nothing more is done beyond those two steps- the country will buy the amount they want from you. That's how it's gonna work for now. Adjust your turns as necessary, and then I'll get the turn rolling.
Ooookay .__.
[In which things are now FIXED in this post, but not edited into the prior one!]
Let's see. 70M for design. 40M for renovation. Now I have THREE things to sell! :I Hum!
Looking over the results of weeks of revisions and work, the latest accident hit Arbores Technologies hard. While they had kept archival backups, it was the applied sciences that were lost--whole configurations and proof-of-concept products. Nobody had been killed, and the oversight was thoroughly investigated to a lead cause of external error (of whom it may seem, would be deduced to human interference?), but the time was on for marketing! And sadly, given the lack of what would have occurred--things did not look hopeful.

Spoiler: Draft (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 10:06:52 am by Tiruin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2017, 07:52:11 am »

Basically, all you have to do with marketing is to
a. Choose who you're marketing the goods to, and what goods you're marketing.
b. Set the price you'll be selling them for.

Nothing more is done beyond those two steps- the country will buy the amount they want from you. That's how it's gonna work for now. Adjust your turns as necessary, and then I'll get the turn rolling.

Yeah, it's probably a good thing regarding the production; it'd make turns that much more simpler. If anything I'd say that change of mechanics should be permanent as it'll make things easier to run.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Khamsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2017, 12:07:10 pm »

I'll admit, this has been both an eye-opener (how vague I've been with emchanics) and a big help. So thanks!
Also, Tiruin, I never got back to you about the bonus rules. I think it's a pre-chosen thing because of what it represents: Extra effort from your corporation chosen at the start of your project, whether that be funding or the lion's share of engineers.

Last bookkeeping thing for now, but could you please include your designs with your company dropdown?

It is now 1961, Design Phase, as there is no Trial or Combat. Any extra stipulations will be featured after the dropdowns.
Upon thinking about how the mechanics work, writing up how they feel about ~3 pieces of equipment, times X, where X is the amount of nations, that's a LOT of writing, but also a lot of rolling and a lot of information. This'll have to take adjustment, and is further punishment for me not thinking things through. So instead, I'll only roll and detail things per-nation instead of per-product. Tiruin and Spin, your +1 will apply to ALL marketing effects for this turn, but next turn it'll roll over to "pick which NATION you're marketing to that'll get a bonus". This rules change will allow me to have the 5-7 nations I plan to have in the "full game."
Spoiler: Arbores (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Efficaco (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oxalis (click to show/hide)

The year is 1971 and both nations become more and more prepared for war. Budgets are increasing, and there are just the tiniest sparks of conflict. A nearby island chain, previously thought worthless, happens to have a nice supply of uranium. It remains unclaimed, but the two countries are starting to make plans and discovering who owns it.
As such, both nations are trying to refit their militaries. They want new planes to replace their aging WW2 designs, new infantry weapons, new vehicles in general. Ivy is looking in particular for man-portable firepower, whereas Jinda seeks a heavier naval option.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Cold War Arms Race Test: Turn 0/7 3 Players needed.
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2017, 01:29:54 pm »

Spoiler: OXALIS sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Design 2 (click to show/hide)

Khamsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cold War Arms Race Test: Turn 2/7
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2017, 01:51:54 pm »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2017, 02:09:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Khamsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2017, 02:17:19 pm »

That reminds me. It's okay to bolt on various things that would almost certainly exist to your designs. I.e a helicopter with a machine gun. Antibiotics in a medical kit. However, if you want to get a little bit more out there I.e A machine gun with specially designed armour piercing bullets would not be just a "bolt-on" to another design.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2017, 02:20:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2017, 04:50:03 pm »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2017, 12:06:17 am »

Quote from: Khamsin
I'll admit, this has been both an eye-opener (how vague I've been with emchanics) and a big help. So thanks!
Also, Tiruin, I never got back to you about the bonus rules. I think it's a pre-chosen thing because of what it represents: Extra effort from your corporation chosen at the start of your project, whether that be funding or the lion's share of engineers.

Last bookkeeping thing for now, but could you please include your designs with your company dropdown?

It is now 1961, Design Phase, as there is no Trial or Combat. Any extra stipulations will be featured after the dropdowns.
Upon thinking about how the mechanics work, writing up how they feel about ~3 pieces of equipment, times X, where X is the amount of nations, that's a LOT of writing, but also a lot of rolling and a lot of information. This'll have to take adjustment, and is further punishment for me not thinking things through. So instead, I'll only roll and detail things per-nation instead of per-product. Tiruin and Spin, your +1 will apply to ALL marketing effects for this turn, but next turn it'll roll over to "pick which NATION you're marketing to that'll get a bonus". This rules change will allow me to have the 5-7 nations I plan to have in the "full game."
[...]
The year is 1971 and both nations become more and more prepared for war. Budgets are increasing, and there are just the tiniest sparks of conflict. A nearby island chain, previously thought worthless, happens to have a nice supply of uranium. It remains unclaimed, but the two countries are starting to make plans and discovering who owns it.
As such, both nations are trying to refit their militaries. They want new planes to replace their aging WW2 designs, new infantry weapons, new vehicles in general. Ivy is looking in particular for man-portable firepower, whereas Jinda seeks a heavier naval option.
Aww yeeees, this simplicity! :D I don't need to track production now \o/
"pick which NATION you're marketing to that'll get a bonus"
I like this :3 Sets a precedent that is for the GM and for the players too--the whole 'bonus on stuff you want to quota on' and all \o/ That feels really thought out through.

But I do wonder about the same in different phases--will you be testing if it would be better for them to go 'lowest rolled value' when you do the rolls? They can specify what they'd like but that'd only occur when rolls are tied and all.
I...don't...understand? :-[ :-\ :'(

Spoiler: Design Phase (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:23:12 am by Tiruin »

Khamsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2017, 12:45:21 am »

The point was I've decided against the "lowest roll gets the bonus", and sticking with "choose your bonus beforehand". Anyways, I'll have the turn up in a couple of hours.

Khamsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2017, 12:48:02 am »

Spoiler: Efficaco (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2017, 05:57:58 pm »

* Taricus pokes the thread with a stick to see if it's still alive.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]