Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: A Dot In A Void (ISG) [Going Retro- Arcade!]  (Read 19665 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: A Dot In A Void (ISG) [Complete with !!FREE!! Verbosity!]
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2017, 10:21:31 am »

(OOC: Do you want to create the planet now, with the cat of unknown motives and power?.)

Yes, but make the cat obedient to us.
For all we know, the cat is stronger than us.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2017, 10:53:17 am »

Why did you have to create damn cat

We create white corgi of light and set it to battle  cat of the void, so the universe becomes balanced by eternal struggle of good and evil.(we cant be bad, so cat is bad)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2017, 10:55:26 am »

Why did you have to create damn cat

We create white corgi of light and set it to battle  cat of the void, so the universe becomes balanced by eternal struggle of good and evil.(we cant be bad, so cat is bad)
-1, because cats are never bad. It's just blue.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2017, 11:01:36 am »

Orange dragon to befriend the blue cat.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2017, 03:44:36 pm »

"I found the surroundings a bit bland. Black really is my color. Though, I must thank you for the blue shade. It really is quite nice. No offense meant to your void, of course."

"Now, I've been working on a project of mine. Feel free to have a look."

"I'm afraid it's not quite done cooling. Hoping to do something with statues. Also, before you ask, no I'm not some kindof omnipotent being like you. I'm certainly close, though. I just inherited some power from you."

Odd. Anyhow, maybe you should work together. Also, you need to be sure he never saw what happened to Dan.

"That's just fine. Anyhow, I've been thinking. What if we were to create a planet of forks, spoons, utensils, and cats? Sort of a collaborative project. Also, did you see anything happen to the fork I created?"

"I'd prefer not to. I would prefer to work on my own projects, though I appreciate the gesture. And the fork? Why did it get lost? Oh, it's no matter, only a fork."

Good, good. Maybe you should help the cat out? He seems friendly enough. An orange dragon? Sure. Also, you should probably light the room up soon. Not now, though.

"A gift? How nice? Orange? Also, quite nice. Really, I must thank you. By the way, that light about your body? Don't light much more of me. I'm afraid I look somewhat mediocre in harsh lighting. I really do prefer black."

You suppose that puts an end to lighting the room, sadly. You'd rather not provoke the cat.

Spoiler: Yourself, Unnamed Dot (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2017, 04:15:40 pm »

Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2017, 06:25:02 pm »

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
Someone should sig this.

Done
I think it works better with just the sentence I quoted, but hey, it's your sig.

Anyway, this is quite an interesting development. It looks like the Age of No Consequences is at an end now, since I doubt that you guys would support killing the cat (I'm not even sure that I would support killing it; I've taken a liking to it).

Also, are we sure that this is actually the cat, and not some entity from the void that is pretending to be it? I mean, the form-hiding thing is pretty suspicious...

Ask the cat if it would mind if we built a radar to scan the area outside of the box (possibly including the area that it currently resides in). If so, have big-us back in our box create a radar and begin scanning the void.

Ask the cat if it would like us to change its color to something more to its liking. If it wants us to change its color, do so.

Say goodbye to the cat and have little-us return to our box.

Perhaps we should widen (or close) the breach at some point. Maybe we could add some sort of gate to it so that we can widen and shrink the breach at-will?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2017, 06:35:31 pm »

(OOC: ATHATH, I should probably clarify something. I actually tried to light up the cat and make it look good, but I couldn't get it to work right. Eventually tried to make it a floating head, cheshire cat-esque, but it still looked bad. Eventually gave it up so I could actually post the update. The cat is in fact, the cat.)

Avanti!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2017, 08:52:12 pm »

Ask the cat: "What is going to be on the planet once it cools down? Kittens?" Oh, and also ask it if we can help with cooling.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 08:59:18 pm by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2017, 09:20:55 pm »

Ask the cat: "What is going to be on the planet once it cools down? Kittens?" Oh, and also ask it if we can help with cooling.
??? This? ???
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2017, 09:28:41 pm »

??? This? ???

I LOVE THAT GAME!!!

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2017, 10:18:14 pm »

Ask the cat if it would mind if we built a radar to scan the area outside of the box (possibly including the area that it currently resides in). If so, have big-us back in our box create a radar and begin scanning the void.

Ask the cat if it would like us to change its color to something more to its liking. If it wants us to change its color, do so.

Say goodbye to the cat and have little-us return to our box.

+1
Insert witty signature here

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2017, 05:20:27 pm »

Bump.

Avanti!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Dot In A Void (ISG) [Now with cats!]
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2017, 09:01:12 pm »

Another bump.  ;)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2017, 09:47:46 pm »

Bump.
But we've already given enough replies for an update, right? Wouldn't that mean that you should be bumped? Are you bumping yourself?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13