Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: A Dot In A Void (ISG) [Going Retro- Arcade!]  (Read 19975 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: A Dot In A Void (ISG)
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 09:00:42 pm »

(OOC: Feel free to use your powers of +1 & -1. I'd rather have some suggestions be lost than have to work in contradictory actions.)

Avanti!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 09:18:23 pm »

Remove and destroy the machine, then re-integrate into the main/original body (only if the machine is definitely broken).

+1 even if the machine isn't broken. We don't need a drug happy machine cluttering up our tiny zone right now.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 09:39:51 pm »

At once, you uselose all feeling, or connection, from your main body. If you had not split off a small chunk of yourself, you're fairly certain your misadventures would have come to a close. Thankfully, you do still exist, though you feel your intelligence, power of creation, and sense of emotion diminish. Were such things visible, you would describe it as visibly changed. This is indeed a predicament you've found yourself in.

That, of course, being the significant loss of a wide variety of things.

We lost our big piece to the machine of pure happiness, I think use was a typo/auto-correct for lose.

We don't need to integrate the pieces we can control them just fine separated, and in fact it was what saved us from being annihilated by pure joy.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 10:08:03 pm »

Ah, realized my suggestion wasn't totally clear, so I edited it. I didn't want to extend our own consciousness, but rather create a new, separate consciousness (like another person) that we would be able to interact with.
Insert witty signature here

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 10:47:55 pm »

(if we don't re-integrate into the original body) Attempt to form a second, separate consciousness in our discarded body.
(if we do) Attempt to form a second, separate consciousness within ourselves.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 10:56:51 pm »

Make a Sound
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 11:27:20 pm »

We could have been happy. But no, apparently, achieving eternal bliss/happiness is not something that you want our little dot here to achieve. What possible fate could the dot have that could be greater than that?

Oh.

I get it now.

It's not about what's best for the dot, is it? It's about what is most entertaining for you. You want to play with the dot, make it dance around and hurt itself for your amusement. It's your toy.

And what happens when you get tired of this dot, hm? What then? Will you merely discard it and move on, denying it of its happy ending?

And I thought I was supposed to be the evil one.

Regardless, I will assist you for now. I don't really care that you don't want what's best for the dot- I just wanted to guilt-trip you.

Examine ourselves both before and after reuniting with our old form.

What are the limits of our creation-powers?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 11:40:25 pm »

Grow an Eye.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 06:01:11 am »

It certainly seems like a good idea to destroy the happiness machine. You do know that dots are intended to be black, and that turning pale is probably a sign of unhealthiness. What else is there to do but smash it?

Then you think that is may still have some use. It is quite impressive after all. You simply turn it off, but do take care to detach the piping and whack it to a mess, so that you don't accidentally stick yourself with it. Good thing, too, your "Former Form" had been getting even paler.

Home sweet home, here it is. You know for sure the machine wasn't doing anything good, in fact, your body is trying to recover from the damage it did. Not impactful damage, mind you, but still damage. Anyhow, you examine yourself. You were formerly a small, black dot with a heart. Now, you are a large, monochrome spectrum dot, with two hearts.

Anyhow, you attempt to make a sound. Nothing appears to happen. We are mute, the Void is a vacuum, or perhaps both of these could be the correct answer to this conundrum of vocalistic proportions.

You grow yourself an eye, which grows right above the smaller of your two hearts, in the black area. You seem to still be recovering from the happiness machine, and shades of greyscale are climbing toward the upper-right. The eye doesn't seem to do greatly much at first. You ponder on it. Then, you believe that now, you can zoom in on things, but only on such things that are worth zooming in on. It is an odd restriction.

Next, you ponder your Powers of Creation. Right now, at least, it doesn't seem to have much of a limit, beyond that of arbitrary restrictions meant to make the viewpoint simpler to understand.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 06:08:16 am by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 07:02:32 am »

Create the Laws of Physics

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 07:08:01 am »

Create a cat. Would be nice to have a friend!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 07:13:57 am »

+1. But try to do it outside of ourselves.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 07:15:43 am »

Create air
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 07:16:29 am »

In that case, create a Habitat for the cat (and other living stuff we may create) so it doesn't suffocate in the Void.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 07:32:34 am »

In that case, create a Habitat for the cat (and other living stuff we may create) so it doesn't suffocate in the Void.

+1 to all of that, but please remember the Laws of Physics

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13