Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: A Dot In A Void (ISG) [Going Retro- Arcade!]  (Read 19668 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: A Dot In A Void (ISG) [Complete with !!FREE!! Verbosity!]
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2017, 06:36:45 pm »

That's horrible! Why would you do that to Dan?
Wouldn't it be simpler just to make a plant or other creature, instead of killing Dan?
In fact, Dan isn't even a real creature, so killing him would not be a good way to test the waters of death.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2017, 06:43:52 pm »

(OOC: Er... are you trying to destroy the named pitchfork, or give the thing sentience, THEN kill it?)
If we destroy it, please make it be the first.
If we give it life, we're not killing it.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2017, 08:06:31 pm »

It amuses me for the moment, so I say let the fork live (and give it sentience (but not sapience)). Besides, we'll have plenty of opportunities to kill things later.

Split off the miniature piece of ourselves again. Make a solid box with an open end, place the miniature piece of ourselves in the box, then press the open end of the box against one of the sides of our area. Temporarily transmute the miniature piece of ourselves into a gas, then send it across the barrier. Turn it back into a solid once it's (fully) on the other side. Smush/flatten the box against the barrier to get all of the gas out of it if necessary.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:13:08 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2017, 08:39:21 pm »

It amuses me for the moment, so I say let the fork live (and give it sentience (but not sapience)). Besides, we'll have plenty of opportunities to kill things later.

Split off the miniature piece of ourselves again. Make a solid box with an open end, place the miniature piece of ourselves in the box, then press the open end of the box against one of the sides of our area. Temporarily transmute the miniature piece of ourselves into a gas, then send it across the barrier. Turn it back into a solid once it's (fully) on the other side. Smush/flatten the box against the barrier to get all of the gas out of it if necessary.

Could we teleport our other stuff to us once we're on the other side?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2017, 09:39:13 pm »

It's almost midnight and I am tired, I'll try to understand this tomorrow
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2017, 03:17:04 am »

Create a spoon to accompany the fork.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2017, 02:03:39 pm »

+1 Genius idea!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2017, 05:27:59 pm »

+1 Genius idea!
+1

It's almost midnight and I am tired, I'll try to understand this tomorrow
In summary, I suggested splitting that small piece of ourselves again, turning it into a gas, and shoving it through the barrier around our little area that the GM said gases could pass through. Once on the other side, we could then turn it back into a solid. The box things is to ensure that all of the gas gets to the other side.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2017, 05:41:05 pm »

You grow a few ears inside of yourself. You find this quite unhelpful, seeing as how your body, being solid, would block the majority of sounds. While they are pointless as normal ears, they do, somewhat oddly, give you the ability to listen in on noises that would otherwise be undetectable. You think up the idea of creating a brain so you may think thoughts and whatnot. This is bizzare, as you know for a fact that you've thunk just fine up until this point, and don't see why this would change, unless you imbue it with mystical properties. You're quite sure some law of physics or such would prevent adding more energy to yourself. Thermodynamics, you believe. As you think this, the cat gives you a glare.

Ah, yes, the cat. You should probably give the little creature a look with your eye.

You get some finer detail on it, confirming that yes, the cat is rather handsome. It begins zooming further, and further- and then the cat seems to disappear. How puzzling. It's head alone momentarily reappears, floating. It gives you a grin, before disappearing once more. More puzzling. This time, it doesn't seem to return.

How peculiar. Very peculiar. The cat, it seems- can teleport.  It must be beyond your area. To test the waters, you conjure up a metal bolt, to fire at the "wall".

With a barely perceptible noise, the void shatters. A Hole has opened up to a new location. It seems pitch-black there. Fascinating. Perhaps the cat went there? Anyhow, your thoughts turn to Dan the Pitchfork.

Perhaps... you should give him life? Then, morbidly, though idea to kill him arises. Initially, your emotions register fully in disgust. But as time passes, a debate rages within yourself. After many rounds of thoughts, you decide to grant life, and then kill him. Spectacularly.

It develops eyes. How int- no, don't get attached. You begin forming a bolt of energy...

"HELLO! My name's Da- AAAAAAGH!"

Oh. Oh dear. You hadn't meant to give it that grade of intelligence- oh. Oh my, you feel tears welling up in your eye. Dan...

You know what would help? A Spoon. Yes, a spoon. You create one, but the tears continue to well. Dan, it appears... is gone. Dead. Killed. By yourself.

You don't feel much in the mood for gas transfusion right now.

Spoiler: Yourself, Unnamed Dot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 05:52:28 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2017, 05:44:00 pm »

Assholes. I told you that you shouldn't give it life and then kill it immediately afterwards.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2017, 06:02:14 pm »

You are heartless people! KILLING an innocent fork!
And look, now the cat has left us.

Create a grave for Dan out of his remains.
Dan was the first to die, let's hope he's the last.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:04:27 pm by Puppyguard »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2017, 06:21:48 pm »

Check to see if the cat didn't just go invisible, Cheshire Cat-style.

Create a machine that can revert Dan (and nothing else) to the state that he was in 2 turns ago. Use it on him.

Split off the miniature part of ourself and send it into/through the breach.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 12:10:04 am by ATHATH »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2017, 07:58:13 pm »

Split off a miniature part of yourself and go on a quest to find the Cat. Assuming it didn't go invisible.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2017, 08:35:53 pm »

Let the fate of Dan teach you a lesson. What begins must also end.

Create a Room around yourself Terraria style. Add some fine things to it, to help you cope with the loss of a beautiful fork.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2017, 09:14:43 pm »

Also, revive Dan and make him forget about this... You murderer.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13