Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 75092 times)

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That... is darn cool.

Shame MCreeper got sidetracked back there in the cave. Still, I'm sure he'll catch up!

Love the leather headband, though. Do you have another? And that meat was awfully good...

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

il take a turn.
dorf me as a CHILD
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:14:52 pm by melkor »
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

That... is darn cool.

Shame MCreeper got sidetracked back there in the cave. Still, I'm sure he'll catch up!

Love the leather headband, though. Do you have another? And that meat was awfully good...
No, i will not. Just don't want to play succession game on this version, i want artifacts.  :P Will probably watch, though. Dwarf me as militarydwarf, not crossbowman.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile

That... is darn cool.

Nope, fresh out; I feel like I might be able to make a new one, though. Soon...

And I'll fulfil your requests, Skeletal and Beirus!

Spring, Granite 15

Well... This is it. This is Goldsilver.

It's not the greatest place. Lots of weird looking foliage. But still...

We got a little while before the Shadow Pokemon come back. Let's get moving!

I have us all start by training our respective Pokemon for war. Glass, despite having excitement over his Charizard, opts to train the Blitzle first. Okay.

I don't know what (e) means and I do not feel like figuring that out.

There's no notable caves, it's all flatland. Therefore, I opt to start our fort hidden between two pools of water.

It's also then that I realize we have no woodcutters. Therefore, I ask Nopal to temporarily take up woodcutting before I assign him on military duty. I'll have to remember to take him off woodcutting when that happens...

Spring, Granite 25

Plump helmet farm created!

Spring, Slate 5

Literally do not ask me how, but Glass, Blitzle and Eevee all ended up in a bunch of trees so Nopal had to cut them down. I don't know how.

Spring, Slate 20

Hey! You weren't supposed to evolve yet! Sigh... I wanted a Flareon.

Also, I tried to make the entrance hall look like a Pokeball. You can see for yourself how well that went.

Spring, Felsite 9

Constructed our first Pokemon Center, right at the entrance so Pokemon can walk right in and get healed upon someone hitting the reaction from inside. Also, Maximum Spin doing his best.

Spring, Felsite 17

Half the time, people are just sitting around doing nothing, so I have some inactive dwarves make stone crafts for traders when they come by.

Summer, Hematite 1

Well, that was an uneventful spring, but most first seasons are. Let's pray for something better this season!

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile

It means that Pokemon is going to evolve (or has previously evolved), and won't be affected by the evolution chamber.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It means that Pokemon is going to evolve (or has previously evolved), and won't be affected by the evolution chamber.
Oh, good! I thought it meant, like... going to become evil or something. Phew.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, the vermin-types are full-on pokemon now? Nice! Paddy wants a Poliwag.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the unit panel of course.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile

Oh, the vermin-types are full-on pokemon now? Nice! Paddy wants a Poliwag.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the unit panel of course.
They totally are.

Btw Cole, did you include vermin versions of Pokemon? and/or Mega Pokemon Semi-Megabeasts?
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can y'all add me to the turn list? I thoroughly enjoyed reading the prequel to this. But I might have to cancel if I don't have the time.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@FirePhoenix11 - Yep, I did indeed include them just so we had vermin; saw a Fletchling vermin so I can confirm that!

Also, added! Turn list is a bit long (hallelujah, we're a bit on the hype train from the original) but if you have the time welcome!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, forgot to mention this but I have no knowledge of Pokemon whatsoever.  :P
Should be !!FUN!! when my turn comes around...
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

Oh, and give me a furret, if possible. If Phoenix didn't "fixed" this machines of death, of course.  :P If he is - something from eevee, preferably not leafeon.
Edit:
    "Run Away: Has FLEEQUICK.

Doduo, Dodrio, Sentret, Furret, Aipom, Dunsparce, Pachirisu, Buneary, Kricketot, Patrat"
He did. What this mean exactly? It will always run away instead of murdering 3 dwarfs singlehandedly?
I stilll want a furret  :P
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 06:56:19 am by MCreeper »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, and give me a furret, if possible. If Phoenix didn't "fixed" this machines of death, of course.  :P If he is - something from eevee, preferably not leafeon.
Edit:
    "Run Away: Has FLEEQUICK.

Doduo, Dodrio, Sentret, Furret, Aipom, Dunsparce, Pachirisu, Buneary, Kricketot, Patrat"
He did. What this mean exactly? It will always run away instead of murdering 3 dwarfs singlehandedly?
I stilll want a furret  :P
That list isn't for this version of Dwarvemon; it was just an outline of what Phoenix would like the abilities to do. With FLEEQUICK, I'm pretty sure it just means when the Pokemon wants to run away (similarly to how when you go to kill an animal and it runs away from you rather than fighting) it'll kick shit into high gear and nobody will be able to catch it. I'm sure it still fights when cornered, just means it won't exactly want to singlehandedly murder 3 dwarves simultaneously anymore.

Also, bloop_bleep, you just gave me a wonderful idea for the next update.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The description of FLEEQUICK (lifted from the fine people at DF wiki):

If engaged in combat, the creature will flee at the first sign of resistance. Used for kobolds.

So less Glitteredplays and more Stungin, unfortunately.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

PTW
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43