Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 75047 times)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #240 on: November 11, 2017, 10:16:48 pm »

Spring, Felsite 1
Maximum Spin insisted that every Gabite should belong to them. Beirus had already taken one but the other was free, and I don't want to take Pokemon off people... We should actually set up a breeding program with them once they evolve, Garchomp and its Mega Evolution are pretty good for defense.

It was then I realized that the path down to them was cut off. This fort is much more of a labyrinth then what Pocketball was... Cole would probably get very mad if I ruined the library's shape, so I'll just have the stairs here continue downward.

Into the area where the Infernape is kept.

I also took a quick look at the health report.

(Nopal's Ampharos has a crutch request, I don't think that will work)
Some Pokemon have a diagnosis request. I'll have to take a look at them, once a Pokemon Center is set up.

Spring, Felsite 5
We could really use a temple around here, many are complaining about being unable to pray. So I'll have one of these set up as one.

No specific deity right now, its better then nothing.
(Also noticed that the library hadn't been assigned, so I did that)

Spring, Felsite 9

Unfortunately, it seems we got mostly copper around here. The silver we do have will be reserved for the noble rooms, so I hope you don't mind.

Speaking of which, your's just got finished smoothing.

It's quite modest, but we have yet to put in the other furniture you want.

Spring, Felsite 14

Congratulations Maximum Spin, your Gabite has evolved into a Garchomp!

Spring, Felsite 18
(We needed a captain of the guard, so I assigned MCreeper again)

Uzol's sentence is completed.

Poor Olon still has 48 days to go.

Spring, Felsite 19
I come to take a look at the Blitzle

His leg looks pretty bad, but I'll see what I can do about it.

Spring, Felsite 25

There's always one who gets themselves stuck...

Spring, Felsite 26
We finally retrieve the captured Gabite, their friend doesn't seem happy.

The Infernape did a number on it, so hopefully it just stays there.

Wait... Where did it go?

Oh no.

Rovod braved the flames, but didn't make it...

Fikod took it the rest of the way, suffering a bit of melting to the upper body.

Whoever owns that Infernape should really do something about it...

Anyway, I'll have to deal with these injured Pokemon. It seems the Leafeon also has a bad leg.

Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2017, 12:26:57 am »

Hm. Wasn't there animal healthcare plugin released with 43.05 dfhack? Combined animal training + hospital zones = animal hospitals.

I recall it had some problems with tweak/makeown and therefore naturalized citizens as it operated on species level, so better save before trying that and seeing if anything undesirable happens to the residents.

Maybe the Ampharos will get a crutch after all.

You can do fine without temple tbh; tavern is more important as not all are religious.

Spring, Felsite 25

Beyond the farmer in top, your wall has a hole in it.

Also, I see some logs on the NE willow, which are  going to fall and hurt somebody.

Oh yeah, you did dig a room to connect to infernape room for some reason. I'm not precisely sure why.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2017, 03:58:55 pm »

the DwarfVet plugin is currently really buggy, for me 9 times out of 10 it crashes the game. You also have to make sure that only dwarves with all the medical skills enabled as well as animal care area allowed to go anywhere near the animals who need treatment, or else the game crashes. If they have a splint or a crutch they need to return to the hospital they will try and do so, but if they are pastured they will create enormous cancellation spam. Best bet is to try it one animal at a time, lock the desired dwarf in the hospital with them, and then save after each animal.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2017, 05:03:23 pm »

Hm. Wasn't there animal healthcare plugin released with 43.05 dfhack? Combined animal training + hospital zones = animal hospitals.
the DwarfVet plugin is currently really buggy, for me 9 times out of 10 it crashes the game.
This, also DFHack has another crashing problem relating to viewing a dwarf. It can happen in the normal version too, but it does much more with DFHack.

Beyond the farmer in top, your wall has a hole in it.

Also, I see some logs on the NE willow, which are  going to fall and hurt somebody.
It was suspended because you have to build the corners first. I also plan to not cut any more trees down, we got plenty of logs now and I don't want any more to die.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2017, 05:12:23 am »

Summer, Hematite 1
Its the first day of summer.

And Shindoni already has a mandate for me.

(Also forgot to mention)

Summer, Hematite 4
Got Edem down from the wall. I don't know why he went up there, but something seemed up.

We also caught the other Gabite, I guess Maximum Spin will want it.

I'll have to inspect its injuries, my guess is they won't be good.

Summer, Hematite 4

A Pinsir fell from a tree. Safe to say, it didn't survive.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Summer, Hematite 9
I'm having some statues made to put into the mayor's office in order to make it a bit nicer. I see Fikod hauling one of them.

Oh? It seems to be one of Cole.

Um. I'm not sure he'd be happy about that...

And not too long after, Bomrek comes by. Somethings up with him too...

Summer, Hematite 15
The other statues are done, here they are:
There's also one of MCreeper.

The first four are decorations, but this one is to honor our mayor. If we get new ones sworn in, hopefully other overseers will honor them too. I've set them up like so.

(MCreeper's statue is the top one, the rest are at the bottom)

Summer, Hematite 16
This Gabite is pretty beat up.

I can't do much about the missing claw, but the rest might be salvageable. As for the other two, I'm doing my best with them. Not too sure I can do much about their legs, they can still stand though, so they may have to live with it. There's only so much I can do...

Summer, Hematite 17

Congrats again MCreeper.

Summer, Hematite 18

To celebrate, MCreeper orders a mace to be made. I'd make it out of something better, but again we only have copper.

Bomrek seemed to be muttering about needing a glass furnace, so I had one built.

(Along with a kiln, just to be safe)
He now mutters needing various items. We seem to have all but what I believe is glass. Do we have sand around here?

An alarm was also raised, seems like a Whimsicott is making trouble.

Or at least tried to.

Summer, Hematite 19
The previous forest fire actually did reveal sand, so I'll have some gathered and made into glass for Bomrek.

Oh? and some more people have showed up. Welcome!

With a few Marksdwarves hanging around, a new squad is formed in the military, named the "Decidueye Rangers". I'll have some targets built for them.

Summer, Hematite 24

Some Spinarak also fall from trees. Obviously the charred surface makes it harder to climb.

Summer, Hematite 26

Now the Marksdwarves have some targets to practice on, I'll also get them some wooden bolts made to use for that.

Summer, Hematite 26
We need some bags for the sand, and without a tanner's shop the skin we have been getting is going to waste. Horrible yes, but might as well use what you can get out here. disgusting

So one will be set up near the pile.

Some looms would be nice too. Also with some leather works...

Summer, Malachite 1
Things seem to have calmed down now, hopefully it stays like this for the rest of the year. At least I haven't gotten everyone killed...

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2017, 05:37:28 am »

Poisoned meat?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2017, 06:22:46 am »

I believe that he made it that poison types give poisonous meat that has to be prepared in a special way before you can safely eat it. Which I guess makes sense, it would be a bit hard to get any sort of nutrients from a muk or a garbodor or something like that.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2017, 10:08:44 am »

Someone made a statue of me surrounded by Mega Beedrill, the very thing my dwarf "absolutely detests" according to my status screen? Even though I freaking love Mega Beedrill.

What did I do to deserve this besides be terrible at everything I do? :(

Nopal

« Reply #248 on: November 13, 2017, 12:01:10 pm »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:53:03 pm by Nopal »

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 13, 2017, 02:31:06 pm »

What all Pokemon do we have running around unclaimed currently?

What did I do to deserve this besides be terrible at everything I do? :(

You sound like me.  Please stop sounding like me, we don't need this many of me around.  :(
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:41:35 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #250 on: November 13, 2017, 02:45:03 pm »

the DwarfVet plugin is currently really buggy, for me 9 times out of 10 it crashes the game. You also have to make sure that only dwarves with all the medical skills enabled as well as animal care area allowed to go anywhere near the animals who need treatment, or else the game crashes. If they have a splint or a crutch they need to return to the hospital they will try and do so, but if they are pastured they will create enormous cancellation spam. Best bet is to try it one animal at a time, lock the desired dwarf in the hospital with them, and then save after each animal.

I actually coded the dwarfvet plugin. Post a save, I'll see if I can fix it not to eat the world.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 13, 2017, 03:40:50 pm »

Sorry, I scrapped that world awhile ago. Everything was constantly on fire, the livestock were suffering from serious burns and meltings, and the livestock were getting mauled on a regular basis, so I thought "I might as well try dwarfvet now". And it ended as described. I could probably recreate it though, I've got a similar fort that I'm about to dump. I'll try dwarfvet on it and see if it still crashes.

Nopal

« Reply #252 on: November 13, 2017, 04:11:22 pm »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:53:24 pm by Nopal »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 13, 2017, 05:21:00 pm »

Yo, what happened to Zon? Did ya kill it with water DFHack or somethin?
Moved deeper into the tunnel to prevent it trying to fight things that might come up from the caverns.

What all Pokemon do we have running around unclaimed currently?
There's a Blitzle and a Joltik (vermin).

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 13, 2017, 05:48:02 pm »

Beautiful Nopal, just beautiful. Though I shudder a little at the Furret flashbacks from Pocketball.

I like to think Zon the Infernape got a strange mood and is now possessed by Glitteredplay the Furret. Truly, the situation is dire.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43