Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 75305 times)

Nopal

Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #285 on: November 18, 2017, 01:40:40 am »

<Deleted> ('⇀ω↼)っ
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:41:26 pm by Nopal »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #286 on: November 18, 2017, 06:58:50 am »

Ninjask are my favorite pokemon, are they still on the map? Do we have any chances of catching them? How many must we sacrifice to the god of RNG to ensure that those ninjask are caught and made my personal gaurds?
They flew off, just some Togetic now.

I believe I have a pre-existing claim on Mareep that Nopal doesn't take.

The Mareep mafia is watching you.
I was actually thinking of giving you the other one, but I was a bit unsure about it.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 18, 2017, 07:07:32 am »

I was actually thinking of giving you the other one, but I was a bit unsure about it.
The Mareep mafia will allow you to live, then.

mareep is best reep

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 18, 2017, 08:17:21 am »

Hm, this trading makes me ponder, what's the balance of Pokemon like in this mod? Any type immunities i.e. water ones standing a good chance versus the Infernape?

For distraction, there's this. Nothing for next version, though I don't know if you could mod your pokemon to be nonreligious?

The all-gray tombs are pretty tasteful. For engravings, I suggest lettering the owners' names.

You know, it'd be helpful if the mandates said what was desired right in the message. Ah well.

5x5 nesting rooms? Unusual. What are you thinking of, I wonder...

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 18, 2017, 01:02:25 pm »

DRAT, my attempts at raising a ninjask army have been foiled again. I'd like to request some ninjask statues to be made as a temporary substitute (if you ever get around to it).

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2017, 08:31:12 pm »

Hm, this trading makes me ponder, what's the balance of Pokemon like in this mod? Any type immunities i.e. water ones standing a good chance versus the Infernape?
I've tried to make it as balanced as I could, but I think fire types have an advantage (due to the !!FUN!! they can dish out). Water types are fire immune, so they do stand a chance against them, but there isn't type effectiveness entirely. It would be very tedious to implement, as it would require every Pokemon to have the appropriate material force multipliers for every other Pokemon, and even then I don't know if it would work properly.

5x5 nesting rooms? Unusual. What are you thinking of, I wonder...
Its generally what I make, its enough room to not be crowded and the males can sit in the center for all the females.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2017, 12:26:54 am »

Autumn, Timber 1
Both Azalea and Maximum Spin wanted the other Mareep, and Maximum Spin was adamant that it belonged to them. Sorry Azalea, maybe the next one we get you can have. I might not be the overseer at that time though.

MottledPetrel also seemed rather down after seeing those Ninjask fly off, so I got an idea for a little something to cheer em up.

And since our miners haven't had much to do, I laid out plans to rearrange the bedrooms so we have more room.

Hopefully by knocking out the middle walls, everyone can have a bigger room. There should still be enough for everyone once they mine out a few more.

Autumn, Timber 2

Congrats Ingish.

Autumn, Timber 8

Make an amulet, yep.

Autumn, Timber 11

The royal quarters is finally ready. I had some of the furniture already put in, but just wait until its decorated.

Initial reaction seems good.

Autumn, Timber 19
Things seem quiet as I manage the bedrooms and royal quarters, and everyone seems to work fast around here. I can't really think of jobs for them (other than making crafts), so most are beginning to idle around again.

But Monom seems to just withdraw from everyone. I wonder whats wrong.

Seems like he's going to make something.

Reports of a strange, smooth, bird like creature floating around come in, and I'm asked to identify it. I go and take a look.

It seems to be a Porygon2, a Pokemon seemingly made up of something out of this world. Its actually quite rare to see around, so hopefully it wonders into one of the traps. I'd love to study it more.

Autumn, Timber 23

Monom has begun working, but is keeping it secret. Must be something impressive.

Autumn, Timber 28

Oh. Its an amulet. Why am I not surprised?

(I decided to play another month because not much happened)

Winter, Moonstone 1

Some traps are set up on the other side of the river. We don't have any over there, and it will help increase our chances of catching something.

Winter, Moonstone 10

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't get how some can enjoy hunting Pokemon. Raising and training them is much more enjoyable is it not?

Winter, Moonstone 14
That Porygon2 is gone, but another Ninjask is seen around. Maybe the new traps will help catch it.

Winter, Moonstone 16

More querns, sure can.

Winter, Moonstone 23

Why just one amulet? We have plenty of stone you know.

Winter, Moonstone 25

A mace? of course, at least your not bothering me as much as the other two.

Winter, Moonstone 28

The new rooms are almost done. I'm hoping to give everyone a cabinet and coffer so they have somewhere to store their stuff, and a table for eating/reading/whatever they need.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 19, 2017, 01:52:00 am »

If we catch a male Ralts, can I have it? I want a Gallade.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 19, 2017, 10:44:12 am »

Not if I kill them all!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 19, 2017, 07:41:44 pm »

Mareep Mafia? I swear, I need to get out of the library more often... Are we making Vento Aureo references now? Do I need to officially rename the fort to Goldexperience?

I'm gonna update the front page now, by the way. If I don't edit this with "Done!" then please get said Mareep Mafia on my lazy ass.

EDIT: I did it! Hooray! I'm a good boy, right? I do things right, right guys?

...Right?

(Also, Phoenix, in the next update can you list all the Pokemon so I can make that doc I said I'd make and never did?)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:59:09 pm by RedMageCole »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 19, 2017, 09:47:38 pm »

Winter, Opal 5
After a talk with MCreeper, he told me that the jail should be expanded.

Well, okay then. I doubt we'd need much more with such a small amount of people here, but 10 cells should be enough yeah?

Winter, Opal 11

More maces, sure thing.

Oh, and another amulet. How could I forget.

Winter, Opal 13
Seems we are out of logs. As far as I know, we have quite a leeway on how many we can chop down.

But do I risk getting anyone killed? Hmm... Why not some of those giant fungus? They shouldn't pose any risk.

Winter, Opal 18

Of amulets obviously. Maybe other's should see the masterpieces you are making.

Winter, Opal 24

Still have no plans on exporting maces.

Winter, Opal 27

The king ends his ban on exporting querns and orders some more. I don't think we need so many, but whatever keeps the king happy.

Winter, Obsidian 1
The final month of overseeing is here. I think its gone rather good, other than the constant nagging for amulets and getting a few killed so hopefully I can do what I can for Goldsilver before returning to my research. There may turn out to be a few more Pokemon than previously thought, and I must gather what I can about them.

Also, if we happen to get any evolution/mega stones, we can use them here. At the evolution chamber. Just pasture the Pokemon you want in there and use the stone (if we actually get some).

Winter, Obsidian 8

I can take a guess...

Winter, Obsidian 13

Increased the size of the mason room, just to speed things up a bit more.

Winter, Obsidian 17

Some (vermin) Pokemon where caught, a couple of Budew (3) and Comfey (2).

Winter, Obsidian 19

Congratulations Nopal, your Flaaffy has evolved into an Ampharos. I don't think there's been any luck with them, but with dedicated nesting rooms, I'll move them there for you.

Winter, Obsidian 20

Lucky I won't be the one to bother soon.

Winter, Obsidian 22

One last order from you too.

Winter, Obsidian 23

Another ghost is said to be floating around the bedrooms, lets put it to rest before it keeps everyone awake.

Winter, Obsidian 25

Congratulations Maximum Spin, your Chikorita has evolved into a Bayleef.

Winter, Obsidian 28

Thank Arceus for that.

And now my time as overseer is complete. I'll be glad to get back to some research, but now someone else has to take my place. Maybe one of our military should do it, keeping the fort in order would definitely be an easy task for them. So I'll have to see who is willing to take up the task.

Fortress overview:

Notable engravings/statues in the royal quarters:
Bedroom.
Throne room.
Dining room.

Notes for Paddywagon Man:

Finally, we have a few unclaimed Pokemon:
  • Bronzong.
  • Miltank.
  • x3 Budew.
  • x2 Comfey.
The save.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 19, 2017, 09:59:02 pm »

Impr--

No, that amulet is not impressive.

As an aside, probably shouldn't knock out the wall between two doors in the original rooms, so it can be engraved...Oh, too late now.

I'm surprised Ralts is big enough to eat.

Table and chair and storege things and maybe even a workshop and...

Well.

I'm reminded of the idea for a script to automatically flood-fill bedrooms and auto-assign everything in an owned bedroom to bedroom owner.

Then I remember that I tend to just make dormitories of various sizes. Though a system to deal with distraction from need to craft/be creative would be neat.

Albeit I doubt Bembul's querns can satisfy that (haven't tested).

I wonder how much troublemakers do the dwarven jails usually get?

Hm, I take the evolution chamber works on multiple pokemon at same time.

Thanks for the layout tour.

The central staircase design surprises me slightly, though reminds me of Nagidal's rampway.

Overall, fairly verbose turn, which is nice.    Not slow, either.

Nopal

« Reply #297 on: November 19, 2017, 10:44:20 pm »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:54:30 pm by Nopal »

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 19, 2017, 11:31:59 pm »

Did you copy the legends file from Pocketball over? Neat that we get those old engravings still.

As for my turn, I'll probably start Tuesday, bit busy atm. I'll try to make the updates fast though, not keep you guys waiting.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 20, 2017, 01:56:12 pm »

Thanks, Nopal. :)

Also, sweet, I'll put up the unclaimed Pokemon (though Paddy, would you mind also screenshotting the owned Pokemon so I can mark those down too?) in a doc and start giving ownership to Paddy!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43