Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 75168 times)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile

Oh, and give me a furret, if possible. If Phoenix didn't "fixed" this machines of death, of course.  :P If he is - something from eevee, preferably not leafeon.
Edit:
    "Run Away: Has FLEEQUICK.

Doduo, Dodrio, Sentret, Furret, Aipom, Dunsparce, Pachirisu, Buneary, Kricketot, Patrat"
He did. What this mean exactly? It will always run away instead of murdering 3 dwarfs singlehandedly?
I stilll want a furret  :P
Considering we're in a forest, most Eevee will evolve into a Leafeon. Unless you can evolve it into another before the biome takes effect (from what I've seen, sometimes it doesn't add the (e) from the biome, meaning if you evolve it before the biome induced transformation starts it will be that Pokemon up until the other starts, wasting the evolution. I had my Jolteon turn into a Leafeon). It can happen rather quickly due to it being WEEKLY, and I'm not sure if MONTHLY works (I'll have to test it).

That list isn't for this version of Dwarvemon; it was just an outline of what Phoenix would like the abilities to do. With FLEEQUICK, I'm pretty sure it just means when the Pokemon wants to run away (similarly to how when you go to kill an animal and it runs away from you rather than fighting) it'll kick shit into high gear and nobody will be able to catch it. I'm sure it still fights when cornered, just means it won't exactly want to singlehandedly murder 3 dwarves simultaneously anymore.
Yeah, that list is just the draft for what might be expected in the next update, and that description is pretty much on. If you tame them, they will flee much like being BENIGN but will engage if attacked. Unlike BENIGN which only retaliates if enraged.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cease 'yer whining! We're in a biome that churns out the best Eeveelution. Why you would want it any other way?

I for one am glad that if my Eevee should turn into a Jolteon or Flareon through some horrible accident, it can still turn into a darling Leafeon to save itself from the butcher's workshop.

Still, once we've got an acceptable number of Leafeons - like 11 or 12 maybe - I can see we might want to branch out a bit into the second-best Eeveelution. How do we evolve an Espeon? There's still no day-night cycle in Fort Mode so I'm a little curious.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile

flareon and jolteon are bad eeveelutions
How dare you desecrate my best Eevees.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Summer, Hematite 11

I had completely forgotten to do a pasture for Grass-type Pokemon. So I did that. Hopefully we won't get any evil rain for a while... at least until we make a shelter or find some caverns.

Summer, Hematite 26

Praise Maximum Spin for getting this whole meeting area done by himself! Now we don't have to hang out in those clay tunnels forever!

Summer, Hematite 28

You son of a bitch!

That's a Purrloin, trying to make off with Beirus's sword! Like hell it will!

FOR GOLDSILVER!

Nopal, Beirus and Paddywagon Man barrel out of the caves, charging (Beirus with nothing in particular) at the Purrloin!

Nopal reaches it, and completely demolishes it. Score one for Nopal!

Also, for some reason, Beirus hung back to stare at the Purrloin's corpse for a bit. Not sure why, but I won't judge him, I guess?

Summer, Hematite 29

Didn't take Maximum very many z-levels to find the caves, huh?

I pasture the Leafeon and Serperior in the caves instead.

Summer, Malachite 8

That was... Also fast. Let's hope we don't run into the magma sea that fast... in fact, just to be safe, I'm not going to mess with that. Instead, I'm gonna have Maximum mine some tetrahedrite. In the meantime, some of us are going into the trapping catching business.

Summer, Malachite 18

About time!

We got a Stonecrafter, a Metalsmith who tricked me into thinking he was a miner, a Furnace Operator who also tricked me, a Gem Cutter, a Strand Extractor, a Peasant (to the mines with you), and nothing else, bringing our total up to 13.

Shidoni was dorfed as the Peasant, the Gem Cutter was dorfed as xSkeletalx since he had some levels in dressing wounds so I dorfed him as the chief medical dwarf (remind me to never get injured, that guy kind of terrifies me), and the Furnace Operator was dorfed as bloop_bleep.

I also made bloop_bleep our Broker; good timing.

(No children or militarydwarves this wave, sorry!)

Summer, Galena 18

Everything goes smoothly, until disaster strikes!

Bullshit there isn't! It's in the freaking wagon! Where else did you dumbasses put it!? Up a tree!?

Summer, Galena 19

Can I ask something, Glass?

How did you get stuck in a tree!? With an anvil!? And why are you not flying your Charizard down!? Why!? Just... How!? Why!?

Paddywagon Man eventually gets him down by making a makeshift ladder out of wooden upstairs, and you know what happens? They make the down stairs, right? No! These dwarves, all of them, just completely and inexplicably forget how to lift wood and starts dragging the damn logs at 1 tile per million frames so I have to wait forever for them, and just... how!?

I need a drink.

Summer, Galena 28

9 days and nobody's moved the log further than 5 tiles. I decide fuck it and have Nopal just cut the tree down. If Glass drowns, I'll just redorf him.

Summer, Limestone 8

After reteaching Nopal how to use an axe, Glass is finally rescued along with that anvil. Finally.

How many dwarves does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Five; one to get the lightbulb, one to rescue that dwarf because that dwarf just got stuck in a tree, one to teach the rescue dwarf how to use his very own axe that he's been using for an upwards of 10 years, one dwarf to actually screw in the lightbulb, and one to get another one a very stiff drink.

Summer, Limestone 10

A wild Eelektrik appeared!

Beirus comes in when our metalsmith stuns it and completely annihilates it. Score one for Beirus!

And almost right afterwards, the second Eelektrik comes in to see what happened to his friend. Beirus and Nopal were less than happy that there was another one.

Kill went to Beirus.

Summer, Limestone 16

Huzzah!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These guys treated us completely normally despite our... terrifying upbringings. None of this news made sense to me, though.

For priority, I put every Pokemon they had on highest priority and some food and drink.

While we were carrying goods to the depot, look! Stragglers!

It's only a couple, though. We get a Metalcrafter, an Architect, and a Braixen owned by the Metalcrafter. Neither dwarves are military dwarves.

Summer, Limestone 25

Anyone have a clue what kind of Floette that is?

Also, it turns out weight was, for some reason, a problem, and I could not see the actual values. So I had to take an extra bin of leather along with the one Pokemon they brought; a Totodile.

Autumn, Sandstone 1

Another season! Time to go outside and smell the fresh ai-

OH GOD THEY'RE IN MY EYES

RedMageCole's Pokedex

Since some of you dwarves are unfamiliar with Pokemon, I figured I'd clue you in on the many Pokemon we see. I'll naturally post different Pokemon at different updates based on which Pokemon were important whether we owned it or killed it, but I assure you they will be ridiculously memey very informative. Especially because I'll be digging in the raws to find their attacks as well.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:57:42 pm by RedMageCole »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like the snek plz, if it isn't claimed already.

Also, there's a bug/feature where tamed flying animals (and citizens) can't fly anymore. It's a thing with pathing -- the game assumes that the player's creatures can't fly because it makes it easier for jobs and such.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Paddywagon Man eventually gets him down by making a makeshift ladder out of wooden upstairs, and you know what happens? They make the down stairs, right? No! These dwarves, all of them, just completely and inexplicably forget how to lift wood and starts dragging the damn logs at 1 tile per million frames so I have to wait forever for them, and just... how!?

I need a drink.

Summer, Galena 28

9 days and nobody's moved the log further than 5 tiles. I decide fuck it and have Nopal just cut the tree down. If Glass drowns, I'll just redorf him.
Were you building the stairs directly into tree branches? I've noticed that this causes them to drag the logs to an apparently unrelated position and sit there and wobble forever.

... I should probably check if that's on the bug tracker, huh?It is.

Oh, also,
Anyone have a clue what kind of Floette that is?
Yeah, it was an event Floette based on one of the films, which was apparently made immortal using the XY plot's ultimate weapon.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 04:34:27 pm by Maximum Spin »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile

Thunder - This has like 5 different versions that I'll need FirePhoenix11 to elaborate on but either way it's pretty awesome and can completely paralyze things.
Its mostly for CPU-controlled Pokemon. Any attack that has multiple hits or is a beam/streak has them use it all at once, emulating that effect.

Floette, the OH GOD THEY'RE EVERYWHERE Pokemon. If you forgot what you just read a couple minutes ago, the update ended with these fucking things swarming around everywhere. They come in six flavors; red, blue, orange, yellow, white, and Eternal Flower. Eternal Flower Floettes are supposed to be extremely rare forms of Floette that come once every 3000 years which is clearly bullshit because there's four of the damn things outside. What the hell?
Apparently pop ratio doesn't work that well.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

We need tamed EF Floettes.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We need tamed EF Floettes.
Seconded. Also, I just noticed the Totodile. I want that Totodile. Totodile is best dile. I remember in Crystal I named one Rtagilaref. This is not useful information to you in any way, of course. This one, though, I'm going to name Gatorface. :P

Nopal

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:21:50 pm by Nopal »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@bloop_bleep - Serperior already belongs to FirePhoenix11! And thanks for telling me that was a bug; wasn't entirely sure if it was just the Charizard being stupid or not. That kind of sucks. But then how did it, Glass and the anvil get up there in the first place...? I keep seeing a lot of people end up in trees for some reason...

@Maximum Spin - Also thanks for telling me that was a bug, because yeah, I was. And I knew it was the event Floette; just was staying IC! Because... Eternal Flower Floette still hasn't been released (has it?) as far as I know. And you can have the Totodile! Shall I rename you Roxy, then?

@FirePhoenix11 - Thanks for elaborating! And fair enough.

@Glass - DAMN RIGHT WE DO. Imagine... an army of goblins, ready to strike with their myriad Hydreigo- wait, nope, they all just got wiped the fuck out with Light of Ruin spam because of our EF Floette army.

@Nopal - I will do them more often just because you requested them!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 07:36:08 pm by RedMageCole »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But then how did it, Glass and the anvil get up there in the first place...? I keep seeing a lot of people end up in trees for some reason...
Lord knows about the anvil, but dwarves getting stuck in trees is an ongoing bug possibly caused by other dwarves taking away stepladders that are in use (which is hilarious if you imagine it). I had six dwarves packed into the same tree not too long ago, in another succession game (Ineth Zafal). I assume the Charizard was just following his master.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh OK. I'll take one of those Eternal Flower Floette thingies if we catch them. Failing that just give me any old Floette.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

Tested in arena. Damage is stupidly random. Spawned one eternal flower floette against a dwarf - nothing more than bruises, get instagibbed. Spawned second - damage from "chipping the bone" to "smashing the ribs trough the lung". And "light of ruin" attack seems to be the same as moonblast, but eternal flower have not 1, but 4 of it. If something get to them, they are boned, because they have no speed, no damage(from normal attack), and no "HP". How one can, though, if they are flying?  :P Can they attack by themselves?

:P
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:44:30 am by MCreeper »

xSkeletalx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Cole, thanks for the dorfing! I'm looking forward to writing up some (hopefully) amusing stuff! Could I trouble you to send me a screenshot of my dorf's status screen? I'd just like to try to work some of his characteristics into the character.

Maybe I'll even attempt a terrible MSPaint rendering?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43