Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 75257 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #300 on: November 20, 2017, 09:18:30 pm »

I would happily accept EITHER of the giant bell or the friendly cow. Well, actually, I'd happily accept them both, but I don't think a blanket "ALL GEN II AND IV POKÉMON ARE BELONG TO ME" policy would be well-received. The cow would probably fit in better with the Mareep Mafia, I suppose, but ultimately I'm willing to take whichever one other people want less.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #301 on: November 21, 2017, 08:55:05 pm »

(image error, I'll repost it fixed in a minute)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:56:37 pm by Paddywagon Man »

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2017, 08:59:14 pm »

Well, back in command. Firephoenix has collapsed under the pressure of keeping up with the amulet mandates and resigned himself to dragging them around the fort.

In his place I've been appointed temporary overseer for my military background. I'm taking a drink in the barracks when I receive the news.

In all honesty, I'm... a little lost. When I was first made Overseer of Pocketball, undead were clawing at the gates. It was obvious what the focus of my rule would be. But Goldsilver is much more peaceful.

Sure the infernape problem is a bother, and we lost four of our best to a weretreecko to a gorgeous rear. But compared to the carnage that my terms as Overseer of Pocketball were marked with, it's been relatively calm.

Still, it pays to be vigilant, so perhaps a military junta is the best decision. After all, I've heard from the traders that this continent is dominated by goblins - a sobering thought. And I hate sobriety.

If the demons managed to get here, their armies would swell into an unstoppable force. Thankfully, there's been no sign of them yet - nothing but cute pokemon and a mighty forest.

Although that one tree does look a little... off?

FUCK

I hope that Cyndaquil didn't belong to anybody, because no Pokemon Center can fix this. The beast has vanished back into the trees, but I've gotten the mechanics setting up a great number of new cage traps. Hopefully I'll come out of this with a fancy new treebeast!

Besides this trapbuilding spree, I rework the military's uniforms a bit and start working the large amount of silk and leather we've accumulated. Armor, cloaks, and bags are produced - the bags being especially important, as it allows us to get our glassmaking industry going and put some of those countless querns to use making us dye.

I run across Zefermcdwarfpants down in the caverns, which is a pleasant surprise. Haven't seen him in ages!

It's good to have a familiar face about. One of the newcomers is acting very strangely...

Hey, stop that ya bum! Get back to building stone blocks! Hands off the copper! Guards!

Nopal manages to catch me before I arrest Bearskie and explains to me the concept of a Strange Mood. Apparently I had one myself two years back. Well, whatever. We've got plenty of Mason's workshops and maybe Bearskie will make something really cool! Not as cool as my stone amulet with no decorations or pictures but cool nonetheless.

As we have a fair amount of food but little alcohol or rope-grade plant fiber, I order some of the layabouts outside to pikipek of pickled peppers and whatever else they find. They come back complaining of barbed plants covered in slivers.

I send them back out to pick more in the name of science. Such a nasty plant should surely make some top-notch booze. I also order more trees clearcut for the wood furnaces so we can get the smelters running again - should help flush out that Sudowoodo too.

In the midst of this floral genocide the elves arrive with a trading caravan, headed by their human diplomat as usual. I pour him a gutter cruor (he chokes on it) and inspect the wares the elves have brought us.

In a surprising turn of events, they brought us a really awesome collection of pokemon! I'll probably be buying all of these, if any of you guys want to lay a claim to one of the pokemon here you're welcome to.

And here's a more complete list of the pokemon already in the fort:

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:31:14 pm by Paddywagon Man »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2017, 10:03:27 pm »

I would like the scatterbug and hitmonchan please. As much as I would like to stick to my theme of bug types I need some stronger protection until I can raise the ninjask army.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2017, 10:27:09 pm »

Aww, I was gonna ask for the hitmonchan. Oh well, I would like the Steelix.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2017, 11:05:47 pm »

Military junta always good decision.

Ahahahaha

Creatures looking like trees

I swear

Firephoenix!

Good job.

It didn't vanish back into trees, it IS a tree.

I wonder if humans and elves are at war.

Shouldn't Onix be underground creature?

Or not, I take it?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 22, 2017, 04:01:54 am »

Mismagius! Gen IV upgrade of a great Gen II pokémon! Of course I want this!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 22, 2017, 06:31:09 am »

Raggle fraggle. No birds. Tragedy! Better have some bolts on hand for the inevitable hunting spree!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 22, 2017, 09:42:40 am »

Wild Mismagius cause some sort of bad thought when you're around them (as of last time I had one appear). If this is also the case for tame ones then it probably isn't a good idea to have one.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 22, 2017, 06:30:28 pm »

Geez, so many goblins.

What kind of an evil fortress is this, speaking of? We haven't had any sort of undead monsters or Shadow Pokemon trying to murder us, we haven't even had boiling acid rain that turns us all into Alolan Grimer. It's like Paddywagon Man said; this fort has been a lot more tame than Pocketball and we're in a Haunted biome!

Maybe Haunted isn't enough. Maybe for Rubysapphire we need to go straight up terrifying.

Shidoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 22, 2017, 09:08:21 pm »

I'd like the Arbok, please!

Y'know why?

Because it has ornamentation on its neck!

Also, make more amulets.  :P

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 22, 2017, 09:49:00 pm »

Maybe we could use the amulets as commendations if we get into war. So that I can go around killing goblins or elves  while having appropriate bling.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2017, 05:23:22 am »

Will we try to migrate to new version, or continue to play in this?

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2017, 07:15:50 am »

For the love of all that is dwarfy, please don't migrate until all builds are available.
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 23, 2017, 02:42:28 pm »

For the love of all that is dwarfy, please don't migrate until all builds are available.
Migrate the second new DF comes out, mash the current Pokemon mod into it, watch the game implode in on itself for maximized and instantaneous !!FUN!!.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43