Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 75030 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #360 on: November 29, 2017, 07:14:36 pm »

I can only imagine how overpowered a giant dragon that literally has giant axe blades on his head will be. Also, I've never tried reassigning pets after their master has died. Does anyone know if that will work?

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #361 on: November 29, 2017, 08:50:46 pm »

It doesn't, I can confirm that. But we have... more Joltiks. And some Venipede.

And in our hearts the unclaimed Scatterbug ad Hitmonchan will always be yours.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 30, 2017, 12:47:11 am »

Bah! Can never get enough bolts round this place. Need more bone crossbow bolts, so I can shoot our enemies with the bones of our enemies!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 30, 2017, 08:01:54 am »

...As far as flesh fbs go, that worm was forgotten for a reason.

You can use doors to decorate hallways, I guess.

And apparently electricity is magnetic, here.

Herbalist...Probably going to be a craft, unless somebody did mood training.

Guess the herbalist did have some other skills.

I wonder, do the Abra or its higher family have [CAN_LEARN] or [CAN_SPEAK]? It's supposed to be smart....

That was one impressive Mismagius, and ditto for magneton. Guess every attack isn't just a bruise or scratch.

Caverns are finally ramping up, and perhaps birdy should have a warhammer instad of crossbow. Or maybe a backup axe instead of shield. (probs not, dw is kind of bad versus animals). Iunno.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 30, 2017, 04:56:50 pm »

The trading is finished. I buy some sheets of paper,
YYYYYYESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

I'm gonna go down to the library and write so many books about bracelets and death!

Also, once more, Nopal's art is amazing. I love seeing artwork of Forgotten Beasts is it just me or does that thing look like a heavily messed up Milotic?

By the way, I'm sure Professor FirePhoenix11 is fine. Exploud can't use Boomburst in this mod... right?

...Right?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 30, 2017, 05:12:25 pm »

I am amazed that his place is still standing.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 30, 2017, 05:36:50 pm »

I just had a lore-related thought.

Do you guys think Stungin escaped all the demons, or did Stungin go up in burning flames like the rest of the continent?

I vote Stungin escaped. Stungin always escapes.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 30, 2017, 06:30:49 pm »

Dear old Stungin.

Quick question about how we want to do pokemon assignments. It looks like earlier we were leaving them technically unclaimed, but assigning the dwarf who wanted them to be their trainer. This means they don't follow us around or get names.

The other thing we can do is war/hunting train them and assign them to the dwarf that claimed them. The downside to this is that we lose all the nice colour and all the pokemon turn either grey or white.

Which do you guys prefer for the pokemon you've claimed?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 30, 2017, 06:45:50 pm »

Any trained by Birdy should probably get some Hunting Training. It'll be easier for them to survive that way.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 30, 2017, 06:54:40 pm »

I would say that hunting/war training and assigning should definitely be the way to go. Whats the point of having creatures of near infinite destructive power if you leave them at home when you go out to be mauled? I guess that would explain why I died had to make a strategic re positioning. I would like all my pokemon to be war trained, and does this mean that I can have my old pokemon war trained and reassigned to me? Also, if someone dies can their war pokemon be reassigned? Either way, it probably would have been really helpful if I had the joltik army with me when I went down into the caves for Armok knows what (any idea why I even went into the caves in the first place?).

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 30, 2017, 07:08:36 pm »

Basically what happens is this:

Cave Pokemon get caught in traps.

Dwarves go down into the caverns to collect them.

More cave pokemon arrive before the cage traps can be reloaded and ambush the collector dwarves.

Nopal

« Reply #371 on: November 30, 2017, 07:50:18 pm »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 10:01:35 pm by Nopal »

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 01, 2017, 02:04:39 pm »

Okay, so Autumn sucked. Zefer and the Professor got mangled, Petrel and Azalea died, and the caverns are overrun with killer Pokebeasts. Surely things can only turn up from here. I put in another doors mandate for good luck and turn back to running the fort. First priority is the professor, who was still in the process of being mangled as I said all that.

The militia is deployed and easily slays the massive beast. Surprisingly, it wasn't Birdy this time! The professor is taken to fill the vacant hospital bed left by Zefermcdwarfpants.

"It's so beautiful" moans RedMageCole, tears streaming down his face.

Meanwhile, Azalea turns up alright! She explains that when the Eelektrik horde attacked, Mottled Petrel saved her with a decoy technique he learned in Joltik Scouts. There is much rejoicing as legendary weapons are forged and given to the dwarves of the Goldsilver militia.

And a non-deadly pokemon appears in the caverns at last. It's nice to have a chance to breathe. And if we catch it I'm sure it will make up for the near-death experience Mottled Petrel had to suffer through.

My chance to breathe is cut short when one of the herbalists informs me of yet another death. I panic. What was it? Goblins? Demons?

"Well ya see boss, he got stuck in this tree..."

I cut the herbalist off there and send a woodcutter to fetch the body. What an absolute moron. I should have known there was nothing to worry about - nothing up here on the surface but harmless Butterfree.

I turn my head to see a trader and a Butterfree tear each other apart in the span of a couple seconds. My god, there's blood everywhere. The mortally injured trader seems happy enough to have improved his wrestling skill, and wastes some of his last breaths telling us about it. Birdy is again deployed as more Butterfree flock around to shoot stuff at the dying trader.

Birdy takes one down and injures another before the rest fly off, congratulating the Butterfree that had fired the psybeam. "This ambush was a really good plan!" says one in Butterfree sign language. Mottled Petrel translates for me as I shake my fist at the fleeing bugs.

Thankfully, we also get a strike of excellent luck and a small group of Deino are caught in our cage traps, as well as another Luxray. I give one of the Deino to Beirus before realizing that this, along with his Haxorus, puts him at 7 pokemon in a violation of league rules. The Luxray and the other two Deino are up for grabs.

And in an even better turn of events, another Strange Mood!

Carpenter - that's good luck. It could mean an artifact door!

Laaaaaaaaaaaame. I resign myself to another amulet and get back to work. I'm hearing more screaming coming from the caverns, which is never a good sign.

My attempts to set up magma forges and magma furnaces are cut short by a group of Magcargo. One unfortunate scribe is running around with a terminal case of being on fire.

Marksdwarves are sent in to shoot the problem. I abandon the magma pipe for now, I'll do my forging closer to the surface with charcoal.

It's a close thing. But thankfully fire doesn't spread easily in the muddy bottom cavern layer, and Birdy was able to avoid the fireball. The first two Magcargo are slain and the others return to the magma. No losses besides poor Monom.

The carpenter is hard at work. I hope whatever he makes is worth the adamantine.

My god. At first I was disappointed when the carpenter went to a craftsdwarf's workshop - but this is truly fit fit for a king.

HO. LEE. SHIT.

It's worth basically as much as everything else in the fort put together. And that includes Azalea's masterwork adamantine weapons and the other artifacts, which are worth a pretty penny themselves.

But enough of that nice stuff. Pokemon are killing people in the caverns again.

This time it's a Baltoy, which goes to town on that Herbalist that made the legendary mechanisms. That stony bastard!

It lies in wait by the body of its victim as another mechanic comes by to reload one of the cave traps.

Surprisingly this new mechanic doesn't seem to care at all about the death of his fellow, and waltzes right on by. Professional jealousy maybe? The killer baltoy, Edodom, gets caught in a trap shortly after. I'm unsure of what to do with it.

My fortress of doors is complete. Doors hang off every wall, and the green gulpin temple looks over the babbling brook. I made it the official church for the whole fort. I'll get some gulpin culture drummed into these philistines.

Poor Zefermcdwarfpants. With both arms crippled he can't lift the mug to his mouth and has just been sitting morosely in the food stockpile for a little over a month now, getting more and more tired and thirsty. I give him a pat on the back.

It doesn't look good. I have a coffin set aside for him and give Skeletal a talking-to for the premature discharge from hospital.

a Birdy fanboy named Sarvesh takes his little crossbow and shoots the shit out of an innocent psychic pokemon, just like his idol. Meanwhile, the Mareep Mafia grows in strength.

To celebrate his mareep's evolution, Nopal bestows a name upon his mighty shield. This show of strength from the mareep faction, as well as Mottled Petrel's return, spells possible trouble. Thankfully Nopal has also claimed a Joltik, and can hopefully smooth out the differences between the two  sides. Between the top-notch propaganda, the diplomacy, and the military leadership, Nopal is doing a lot to hold this fort together.

Look guys! War pokemon! Yay?

Alas, poor Zefer. You made it through demons and the treacherous voyage across the sea only to die to a domestic landshark.

Another evolution. Sniff... It's what Mottled Petrel would have wanted.

"I'm right here" says Mottled Petrel.

And with that, Spring arrives. Always a lovely time of year. I look out upon my realm from the fortifications ringing my office and take a deep breath. It's been a tough year, with more dead people than I care to mention and a good deal more injuries.

But I got the metalworking industry working at a much improved capacity, to handle the huge influx of priceless adamantine...

I got a paper and cloth industry running, I improved the militia, I put all the fire types safely below ground beneath a drawbridge...

(note - the lever right by the purple and green bridge opens it and unleashes the burning legion)

I improved the king's quarters and tomb with engravings of mighty pokemon, gem windows, mechnical marvels, and statues...

And even made a small tomb for myself.

I'm looking back at my accomplishments and readying myself for the next year of my junta when I hear a knock on my office door. A second later the door bursts open and Maximum Spin strides in, flanked by Ampharos and followed by a small horde of Gabite. I stand up, a little surprised.

"Junta's over, Paddywagon." Spin says, blowing smoke from his Rat Weed into my face in an unforgivable show of insubordination. I pick up my spear as my Gliscor flits nervously about. The Gabite flock into the room.

"I pity you, I really do." he continues. "If you hadn't been so fixated on your doors and charm bracelets, you might have seen the danger in letting those Gabite and Ampharos breed unchecked. You do realize I collect both, don't you?"

I quickly size up the situation. Spin isn't a fighter, and I took down a Garchomp before. But so many...

"But don't worry, Paddy. The Mareep Mafia will make better rulers of Goldsilver than you ever did. I might even let you be mayor if you don't cross me. Otherwise... you remember the goblin dancer days? Ampharos - Thundershock this fool."

I leap forward with my spear, but too late. The electricity arcs through the adamantine haft and up my arm.

Paddywagon Man has blacked out. Paid one position of overseer to the winner!

save - http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13260

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 01, 2017, 04:21:43 pm »

Looks as though I'm late to the party, as usual.

Those bloody Eelektrik again.  Redorf as your next armourer, if you would, named SpringLily.

Oh, so that happened.  I guess I'm a weaponsmith now.  Down with all Eelektrik!  Death upon the electric waters!

Butterfree are bloody vicious around here.  That's pretty terrifying.

That's a hell of a crown.  Losing the adamantine still sucks.  At least digging out more adamantine isn't quite as dangerous as it was, now.

"The burning legion".  I hope that's an intentional reference.  Well, they are Pokemon, and Pokemon are 妖怪(youkai/ようかい)... which are considered daemonic, to an extent.

I'll hold out a bit of hope for a Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone.
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 01, 2017, 06:04:30 pm »

We should torture that Baltoy for information. What faction is he part of, who sent him, what are his goals, what are his stakes in the game. It also kinda sucks that there's a BUG GENOCIDE currently being enacted, as well as the rival faction taking power. I guess I can expect an accident some time soon, or a banishment or something. I'd prefer to not be politically persecuted, but oh well.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43