Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 75267 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

Have we seen anything evil in the evil biome yet other than the evil plants?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have we seen anything evil in the evil biome yet other than the evil plants?
Melkor. But we brought em with us, so that may not count. Maybe their evil is scaring away the other evil, and the plants can't run away.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also a few ghost types, but they can all fly so we haven't caught any.

AernJardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[Anticipation intensifies]

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[Anticipation has evolved into concern... everything ok Maximum Spin?]

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Yes, I just figure it's best to finish off the year since it's taken so long over the holiday period, and that's just taking me *forever* for various reasons.

To make it worse, barely anything interesting happened. :|

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

I am so, so sorry that this has taken so long. The human instinct here is to throw out various excuses (like being sick, or having no free time for playing, etc), but the fact of the matter is that none of them should've been made your problem. I made a commitment and then totally failed to keep it within any reasonable timeframe. This is unacceptable to me.

Anyway.

Excerpts from A Million Little Pichus: A Memoir, by Maximum Spin Valecrafts:

Needless to say, I simply nodded surreptitiously, indicating to Mottled Petrel that he should follow the predetermined plan and nominate Paddywagon Man as Baroness of Goldsilver. Despite our occasional rivalry, Paddywagon Man was a genuine friend and ally, and helping her achieve her sole ambition was simply the obvious course of action. I was confident that I had made the right choice.

After the diplomat noted down Paddywagon Man's name, he moved on to a new monologue, solemnly informing both Mottled Petrel and me that Bëmbul Plantongs had been replaced as the king of our nation by Mistêm Polishoils. Even Mottled Petrel (generally perhaps not the brightest or most political bulb) knew enough to follow my lead in smiling blandly and pretending to be interested in the 'news'.

Finally, we got to matters of business, and found out what prices our merchants would be willing to pay in the next year, allowing me to direct our production for maximum profits.

After which it was on to the trading. My efforts on behalf of Goldsilver's industry had brought our tradeable good stocks far more in line with the level to which I'm accustomed, and I was ultimately able to bargain for every item the merchants carried which struck me as remotely useful, including four Eevees, three Deino, a Grovyle, and a Tepig, all of which I offered up for others to claim.

Just as the merchants were leaving our gates, Shidoni ran up to me and told me to be sure not to trade away any of our precious amulets. Needless to say, I assured him that I would not, and carefully directed his attention away from the pile of amulets already on the caravan, hoping that this would not cause too many problems later. Three of the merchants' Eevees also became Leafeons while the cage were being moved.

Nothing else interesting happened for several weeks, although I did learn that Shidoni had ordered several dwarves imprisoned for violating his export ban. Since none of those dwarves were me, I didn't bother to look into it. Eventually, a gem setter announced to everyone that he had created an amulet of red zircon called Jaildrove the Inconsiderate Points, which may possibly have been related to this event. It was nothing particularly incredible, but, since it did not waste any resources other than a single cluster of zircon, I saw no reason to threaten him.

After a while, a wild Garchomp – perhaps the same one from before – tore apart a couple of peasants in the caverns. Nobody important. Birdy then murdered it to death. A Bronzong then killed a trader in another part of the cavern, crushing the ribs through the heart with a blast of Extrasensory. La plus ça change.

Alas. The Forgotten Beast èshgor, an enormous fidgeting Muk, has come. All is lost, etc.

It had poisonous gas but I sent the military out against it anyway, because what's life without some adventure? First on the scene was King Mistêm, and I eagerly awaited to see if I could kill two monarchs in one year. In about ten seconds, Birdy managed to kill the beast with a bolt, but the King was briefly exposed to its poisonous gas, so I was excited to see what would happen. I followed him as he climbed the stairs to get a drink, then suddenly stopped and declared he felt the need to stop by the hospital – but once Lolor the Diagnoser came in, it transpired that the King only had some mildly irritated lung tissue, with no need for treatment. I was a little disappointed, but I decided to keep an eye on him in case new symptoms arose, for we had seen these beasts' poisons capable of strange marvels in the past.

Mottled Petrel evidently expects the worst, since he quickly demanded someone carve a crutch. I also heard from him that he believed Goldsilver had learned a few facts about Mega Medicham training due to his efforts to commune with the beast Thothil. I think it may have been feeding off his fading sanity somehow.

With winter drawing to a close, Paddywagon Man still had not been officially declared a baroness, and I despaired of the outpost liaison ever leaving the tavern long enough to achieve this. I simply informed her that she would always be baroness of our hearts. She threw a goblet at me, but I kindly chose not to have her tortured for it.

As another sign of spring nearing, a variety of pokémon eggs were laid. There were only a few varieties for which we had breeding pairs, but still enough to give me hope for the future. Leafeon, Purrloin, Gabite, Garchomp, and Joltik eggs promised new generations of pokémon for our fort. The possibility of a future animal products industry didn't escape my notice either, although it was always hard to convince anyone to allow pokémon to go under the butcher's knife – then again, Leafeon seemed particularly unpopular among those same circles, so perhaps, I thought, the idea would meet less resistance now.

In the meantime, the year of my overseership was winding down – and such a long year it seemed to have been! I took some time to look around me and witness the majesty of our surroundings and of my kinsmen.

As if to emphasize the point, a mad clothier began his mysterious construction just as our female Charmeleon evolved, finally providing a mate for Glass' Charizard.

Truly, Goldsilver was an amazing place. It was almost a pity, I reflected, that it would inevitably be destroyed.

Save. To the next: There's a vast pile of old clothes next to the trade depot, simply unforbid them when it is time to trade.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got a great idea for a potential story involving the Mega Medicham, so I'd like to request that no one use it as a pit beast or anything.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

My crossbow claims yet more, but no matter how many I kill, it will never fill the bird-shaped void within my heart...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So who's next in the chain of unlucky overseers?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

My crossbow claims yet more, but no matter how many I kill, it will never fill the bird-shaped void within my heart...

''I killed them all. Not just the Pokemon, but the Pokewomon and Pokeballs too!''
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:30:50 pm by Taupe »

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Be careful Birdy, he is a Forgotten Beast."

"Forgotten Beasts are my specialty!"

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

According to the list on the front page the turn order goes:
bloop_bleep
moonstone_flower
and then me.
Has anyone seen either of those two around recently?

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't say I have, I'll send boop_bleep a PM if nobody has yet

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

I've been watching, I just don't post much.  'ello.

bloop_bleep disappeared from another succession game, too - Traphorses, which is now sadly on the third page.  No clue what happened to them (hopefully things are going well).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:37:23 am by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43