Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 75062 times)

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #540 on: February 03, 2018, 08:42:29 am »

what are the occupations of the new immigrants ? any of the immigrants not taken?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #541 on: February 03, 2018, 10:21:18 am »

Phe-he-he!  :D Finally some fun around here. What skills i have by now?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 04, 2018, 09:31:22 am »

Mistêm was already the king, it just says "has become a king" because he is also in the army, so his profession title switches between king and whateverdwarf.

Also, the miner was probably vomiting from sunlight exposure, and it's just that being hit by a tree put him in the combat reports where every individual vomit gets logged.

ETA: I better have survived being in the moat though. Or else we're going to have words.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 09:36:44 am by Maximum Spin »

AernJardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 07, 2018, 05:08:11 am »

I am SO drawing some of that when I wake up tomorrow. Absolutely fantastic update. It is 2 in the morning and I am giggling like a loon.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 07, 2018, 07:19:04 pm »

I've been sick recently, and still am sick, but I thought I might as well answer people's questions.

I didn't bother to look at the migrants, I just gave them all the mining profession and dumped them into the moat to try to stop the fort from flooding. I recall seeing some high level metalcrafter, but other than that it was low level farmers and novice swimmers.

Maximum Spin, words can be had but it's not going to bring the mafioso back from his watery grave  :P.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can only imagine what's being drawn after my turns so far, there's just so many damn things that would be hysterical in art form.

Chances are the next update will have to wait for the weekend.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 07, 2018, 07:31:49 pm »

I suppose I might be a bit curious how I am looking. Hunters tend to accrue levels in Marksmanship faster than their non-conscripted brothers.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 07, 2018, 07:37:40 pm »

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 08, 2018, 10:16:08 am »

.....i have a what now? figureecho?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 08, 2018, 10:43:16 am »

That would be your last name. Also, I really need to work on my shooting skills. Live targets are required for practice!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 08, 2018, 11:25:16 am »

ahthought i had one of those synthetic pokemon for a sec....what pokemon does my dwarf have if any?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 10, 2018, 08:41:15 pm »

The next update's on its way, but how much time do I have for my turn as a whole. Things are going pretty slow so far, and I'm only around the end of spring after a few weeks of playing. If this ends up taking too long I might have to pass it to the next player mid-year.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 12, 2018, 12:36:20 pm »

Is framerate ok? You might want to cage some of the excess pokemon until the arena's ready to go, and atom smash some of the many amulets junk.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 14, 2018, 06:26:25 am »

The framerate isn't terrible, but its not good either. Mostly its just that I don't really have enough time, but I'm trying my best to continue posting stuff. I'm going to try to get a not Valentine's Day related Valentine's Day special out today.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 17, 2018, 03:05:32 pm »

I have been torn away from the oversight of the moat to be told that we have accidentally caught some magneton.

A few of the archers have been asking me to put some wild steel types up for target practice, but I feel that the magneton's ability to both fly and shoot lightning makes them too dangerous of a target. Speaking of which, I will now start the fortification of the cave entrances. It seems that some one somewhere has been set to extract clay for the rest of their lives, I have no idea where this is happening, but the walls in the caves will be made out of clay.

Fucking hell, who in their right mind would have added so many entrances... TO THE SAME DAMN LAYER! There's at least three stairways that I can find that lead directly into the fort, and even more tunnels that connect to said stairways. This is going to be a nightmare.

I mean seriously, who makes an opening like this for any other reason than to let cave monsters into the fort, because 9 out of 10 people who live here probably wouldn't be able to climb up this tree and into the stair well if their lives depended on it.

Ironically, it seems that a tree has grown to block one of the entrances off, and then got covered in blood. Good work tree, you're doing more to defend this fort than some of the past overseers did. I hereby award this tree GoldSilver's greatball badge of excellence for its outstanding work. In addition, this tree's name is now Thikod, the Glorious Trunk of Defense. Really, I'd make it a noble if I could, it'd probably ask for less useless crap than the current nobles, and its actually working for a living.

I believe I have designated for all potential entrances to the first layer either block off or fortified, as well as simultaneously opening up the cavern by removing a few stones that had previously been blocking certain pathways. I'm not even going to begin to explain my thought process, so here's a picture of the literal stronghold that I have designated.

All narrow pathways inside the complex and leading out of it will contain absurd amounts of cage traps while still making sure that unconscious dwarves can be brought home without fear of containment. I just have to order a ton of mechanisms and cages to be built. Can't wait for this to blow up in my face like the moat and reservoir have...

I can't fucking find the mechanic's workshop, what the actual fuck. Whatever, I'm sure I'm going to need a whole room dedicated to mechanics workshops anyways to get all the mechanisms made, so I'm having some of the fishery stations torn down and replaced with mechanics workshops.

It also seems that the only thing keeping Zon the infernape out of our fort is a single door. I'm having a clay wall put in front of that door, so if he even tries to escape he'll turn said wall into a beautiful piece of pottery.

I'm really glad I assigned an entire migrant wave to mining, without them this operation would have taken years.

It's been brought to my attention that apparently I forgot to notice that a good portion of my proposed stronghold would have a floor of climbable fungiwood, I hope clay floors aren't as unpleasant to walk on as they sound.

I somehow managed to use all 20 doors we had in the stockpile, guess I'll ask for more to be made. In addition, I've ordered the placement of a food stockpile, a cage stockpile, a mechanism stockpile, and a few tables and chairs placed down in the first stronghold. I've also asked the engravers to smooth it out when they get the chance. Other than that one door to the east that still needs to be made, I'd say this cavern is SECURE!

Now, time to look at the next cavern layer. This one looks like a much easier fix, just need to plug up a stairway and mine a better room into the wall near the other entrance.

It's a bit unnerving that the the miners would rather slosh through the body of the last forgotten beast than take the five seconds to dump it into the caves, but oh well.

Alright, now they're just being masochists. Because of this, they are now all also stone detailers, to help with the mass smoothing. As this is going on, I decide to throw all caution to the wind and finally open up the moat to the river, so that it can hopefully fill and not drown us all in the process.

Nopal has apparently etched a name into the dried elf blood on his silver mace, Idathsuvas, or something.

It is now summer, a whole season has passed and the fort is still not secure, unacceptable.

For anyone who cares, THIS LEVER retracts all the bridges that cross over the moat. So I don't forget, I'm writing it down as a warning, which I'll probably forget the meaning of.

These IDIOTS have decided that it's a better idea to walk THROUGH the filling moat instead of using the bridges, we have lost two already. Make that three.

Apparently in the amount of time that has passed since I ordered the forest to be clear cut it has completely grown back, time to have it cut down again.

A mismagius? At the bottom of the caves? Uhh, alright? I sent the army to kill it.

No one reports seeing the mismagius die, and no one knows where it went... oh well.

Immediately after some bone carver presents an artifact piloswine bone buckler. I wouldn't care much about it, if it weren't for the fact that it was made out of the bones of the elf merchant's pack animals, so that's pretty cool.
---
For the sake of moving the fort along more I decided to try to not go into as much detail as usual. The first and second cavern layers should be secure as Fort Knox (unless there's an open space or downwards slope or two I missed), and work begins on the third layer. Also working to secure the magma pipe, because at some point there was a charizard that got beaten to hell by a few magcargo. I don't know how, but the magcargo's were EXCEPTIONALLY better at dodging attacks than the charizard.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 24, 2018, 12:37:07 am »

I've been very bad with giving people the pokemon they've requested, who wanted more stuff again? About 10 gabites hatched, and we have about 20 joltiks laying around.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43