Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 75301 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

It's been a while since I've read the first one, did this happen there too? On the same turn?

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile

Yep, pretty much. I made it so that my dwarf was the only one who believed Paddywagon Man wasn't actually dead and that was just a lookalike, but I and Paddywagon Man were both upset to watch the baroness status go away.

In other news, time to go refill those cage traps! Who cares about all the corpses, fire, fiery corpses and goblins?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guess I gotta find another goblin dancer to continue the cycle...

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

It seems that someone else has burned to death in their sleep, Azalea is now deader than dead because she couldn't stay awake for five more fucking seconds so she could have at least passed out on a stone floor away from the fire.

Better than being stuck male, right?  Little did you know, the body-switch left my dwarf suicidal.  That's probably why she ended up injured all the time!
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Nopal

New updates till now.

Maximum Spin 1 2 3 4 5 6
MottledPetrel 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Dat front page needs update.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Working on making the 8th update now, hopefully I'll finish the year soon so I can let someone else have a turn instead of me procrastinating.

Hope you guys are ready for a cross-map game of 'who's that pokemon'.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:26:41 pm by MottledPetrel »

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

* Moonstone_Flower pops in and exclaims "Ninjask" before disappearing into the shadows again.

No idea what you're doing with the other level, however.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:53:46 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Despite the end of the actual fire, the corpses of those who fell asleep in it are still actively burning right outside the main building.

Everyone is very disconcerted by it, but they won't move them because they're still, you know, on fire. Other than that, I have authorized the dumping of EVERYTHING body relate that isn't currently alive or entombed. I don't care if we're just moving the giant pile of goblin corpses from one side of our land to dump them in a pit on the other, I want them GONE.

WHAT THE FUCK, WHO KEEPS SETTING EVERYTHING ON FIRE AND WHERE CAN I FIND THEIR FAMILY!

YOUUUUUU, INFERNAAAAPE. I'VE HAD ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOU, YOU'RE GOING INTO THE PIT ALONG WITH ALL THE CORPSES YOU JUST BURNT. Okay, so it seems that the mountain home thought it was a good idea to bring us an infernape in a wooden cage, knowing full well that no matter what the cage was made out of the creature's ambient fire would burn the merchant carrying it to death anyways. On top of that, it appears that the forest fire was enough to burn all of our recently caught goblins out of their wooden cages. How they fare against the inferno they are let into has yet to be determined.

I swear to Lord Helix though, if we don't even get a few of the caged goblins and our wounded inside before the fire burns everything I'm going to be fucking pissed.

It seems that the merchants ran after one of their own burst into flames, and we have now been left with a bunch of caged pokemon who are actively burning to death in not only the wild fire, but the ambient fire still coming off of the infernape that is standing right next to them.

It also appears that AernJardos is in a corner screaming his head off because all of his fucking mastercraft wooden cages are burning and setting the goblins free. WELL MAYBE IF THEY WEREN'T SO FUCKING FLAMMABLE IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU WOULDN'T BE CRYING SO HELIX DAMN LOUD!

It seems that the goblins are completely okay with existing in fire, and are standing in the ashes completely unscathed. A stray milktank that was brought with the merchants is now wandering over to a recently freed goblin swordsman, wondering if this is who it should now pledge its allegiance to.

OH GREAT, NOW I'VE GOT THIS FUCKER YELLING AT ME FOR STUFF. WE DON'T HAVE A FUCKING KILN AND YOU AREN'T GOING TO GET ONE! The milktank died by the way, the goblin spilled its guts and is now using them as if they were a decorative tube scarf.

Not wanting to give up on whatever fucking work he was inspired to make, that studip glazier has taken a mason's workshop, but he still hasn't quit yelling at me. You know what, while I'm waiting for everything I've spent my year making burn to the ground I think I'm going to have some trash metal cages made. In addition to that, we're going to need a lot of slabs for the piles of ash we have outside.

Thankfully, the fire drifted into an area that was already burnt to hell, and with no fuel it went out before it could continue to desecrate everything. Not that any of the workers noticed, even while the fire was still going they were only trying to reload the cage traps behind the wall of fire with more wooden cages.

We now only have 16 goblin prisoners, after I sent the military to kill any goblins that didn't burn to death.

One of the local astronomers is now taking the time to ponder my rule.

You know what, fine, fuck you guys, I'm building myself a monument.

It's going to be a pain coloring this thing, but if I'm the only one who can look at it and understand what it's supposed to be then so be it. Actually, I'm going to leave that one, but make myself a much bigger one for those who can't make out shapes.

There we go, much better. Almost as if to spite me, all of the miners refuse to work on my project because they're 'storing an item in a stockpile'.

Almost as if he was a fire or flying type gym leader, the liason descends upon me with double edged compliments. I want all of the gold you've got, for statues. And steel, for actual things.

What the hell, you come and 'compliment' us and then you don't even grant us any new positions? What are you, and elf?

After weeks of yelling at me to butcher some animals so that he could have some tanned leather, that guy finally started his construction. In addition, in order to start the coloring of the monuments, I have made about 6 dwarves woodcutters and am now having them clear-cut the caves to acquire colorful mushroom wood.

The guy who was making a thing finished, a table covered in steel spikes with the foundation of Goldsilver in kunzite.

Fuck, some migrants are here, I really don't want to deal with them. Alright, there were only like 7 migrants, they were all made either miners, woodcutters, or unskilled fighters.

It's the 3rd of Timber, I better be able to finish all of these things before my year is up.

Nopal

The milktank died by the way, the goblin spilled its guts and is now using them as if they were a decorative tube scarf.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh... it's some kind of hot dog?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of all the things that could have been made into artwork during my turn, I did not think that it was going to be that one.

Also
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm going to try my best to color in the sprite with flooring, but time restraints might not make it so.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 01:48:50 pm by MottledPetrel »

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thrilled to have more Nopal artwork, but I remember Nopal's poor Miltank in Pocketball...

That must have been a hard piece to draw. I absolutely love the goblin though! He manages to somehow be cute despite being covered in the blood of a pokemon I really like.

Pour one out for another dead Miltank.

Nopal

_EDIT
Quote from: MottledPetrel on: Today at 06:48:45 pm
I don't get it, there's been a ton of super effective biting in the combat of my turn as well...
I understand, I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 09:28:38 pm by Nopal »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't get it, there's been a ton of super effective biting in the combat of my turn as well...

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry it took me so long to finish my turn guys, I've been doing two forts at once for a while now on top of school and I never really had the time to bang it out in like a week or two. Hopefully my additions to the fort were worth the time it took to make them.
---
Work continues on the arena while I wait for everyone who can get their hands on an axe to cut down the colorful mushroom trees in the caves.

It seems that we have run out of cage space, this shall be remedied.

The first of our growing legion of joltik has finally transformed into a galvantula, fortunately it's one of my personal pokemon.

After almost three fourths of a year after assigning all the corpses in the fort to be dumped in the corpse pit this is all that has been dumped so far. The inefficiency of dumping in this fort disgusts me, almost as much as the literal pile of goblin bodies just north of the front gate. You know what, you, siege operator, yeah you. From now on, you only haul refuse. I don't care how good of a siege operator you are, we're never going to build any siege weapons. Just please, go dump that corpse you're standing on.

Fine, you can get a fancy title, how dose Corpse Pit Manager sound?

Come ooooonnnn, it's so close to being finished I could grab it with my beard if I had any muscles that would allow me to use my beard to grasp items in such a fashion. I just need to start designating all of the bridges to be built and linked to levers and then the arena will be ready for it's maiden fight. After that, I'll be complete and gladly hand leadership to someone else, as long as I get to be in charge of pitting fights.

Oh, and apparently a human scholar decided to visit at some point, and he seems to be REALLY interested in how bad of a job I did with the moat and reservoir pond.

A trader has been possessed, really the only thing of note to have happened in the past three months since I ordered the fort to buckle down and work on nothing else besides my secret projects, other than the wild munchlax that gots it's head bashed in a week ago. With only 20 days left until the end of my term I can only pray that the workers will finish building the bridges so I can at least set them to be linked up for the next overseer.

Spring has arrived a little too early this year, and about 99% of the things I set out to do over the course of my year have been completed, except for a few little finishing touches. Unfortunately, I was unable to arrange the opening match for the new arena, but I was able to finish most of the mechanism placements in time to allow the next overseer to set it all up with a few lever pulls. Now, my final notes on how to actually operate the arena.

This is the secondary reservoir (and those corpses are the idiots who drowned themselves while the first reservoir was being filled), once filled to the brim the extreme weight of all the water above it in the system will cause an incredible amount of pressure to build up. I will explain which levers go to what later, but just know the top pine bridge near the opening to the upper reservoir is meant to block off flow to the lower reservoir for cleaning purposes or to put it offline if needed. The lower pine bridge is to block off water flow to the big stairwell, which leads directly down into the arena.

At the bottom of this staircase is another bridge that blocks the bottom of the staircase from entering the arena. This will provide you with two pressure settings, you can leave the water built up in the reservoirs and still have an insane amount of pressure, or you can let the water build up in the stairway. When built up in the stairway, because of how much lower the water will be you can essentially shotgun the entire reservoir into the arena with insane concussive strength in a small amount of time. This will be helpful if you need to drown any pesky survivors after a match, but you loose access to the maintenance stairway above if you choose this pressure setting.

This is the control room, it is CRUCIAL that you know what each lever does and that it is kept out of reach of those who like to pull levers willy-nilly. For ease of remembering, the lever formation on the right of the room is meant to match the layout of the bridges in the arena. When trying to start a match, have the cages BUILT inside the arena and then have the cages linked to the central lever of this right formation. The left formation is meant to match the water system that has mostly been described before this. The topmost lever of the left formation controls the pine bridge that shuts off water flow to the lower reservoir, the lever below that is connected to the other pine bridge that cuts off water flow to the stairway, and the lever to the bottom right of that one is connected to the bridge that blocks off the stairway from the arena. The bottom rightmost lever controls the arena's central bridge, which will be described later.

And here it is, the ground floor of the arena. The topmost and middle layers above this layer are basically the same, but I have provided pictures of them anyways.

(topmost layer)

(middle layer)

The large bridge located in the center of the arena is the bridge mentioned before, the drainage bridge. After you have drowned the survivors, or just had the water clean up all the blood and body parts, you pull the bottom rightmost lever to have all of the water dump down the chute and directly into the cavers. The area that the chute exits into will cause the water to flow down the slopes and off the map without any threat of flooding cavern base 1, but if someone cares to make it so that the water fills an underground lake for fishing it wouldn't be that hard. The bridges at the edges of the fighting area are designed to restrict access to the arena, so that the fighters don't accidentally escape. The arrangement of the bridges directly matches the arrangement of the right lever formation (not including the central lever, which will be used to open the cages of the fighters), so pull the lever in the location of the bridge you want to close. That's really all there is to it, we have plenty of still armed caged goblins and a few wild caged pokemon, so the next overseer will have plenty of cannon fodder for our entertainment.

Next, I decided to turn that little ninjask room I had dug out into a new temple, because there were complaints that the last one was too small. The engravers haven't finished smoothing it out yet, but there have already been a substantially larger number of worshipers visiting it than the last one (The statue is of me hugging ninjasks, by the way). This temple is called The Bug of Worship, because no one would let me have 'Ninjask' actually in the name.

Finally, I noticed that the main dining room was actually doubling for a tavern, so I decided to turn the large ninjask room into a new and opulent tavern. We have only had a human hammerman visit so far, but he was impressed by just the sheer size of it. The table off by itself is the artifact table that was built a while ago, no one wants to eat on it because it's covered in steel spikes, but it's cool looking.

Off to the right is a dedicated tavern food stockpile, and above it are the luxury rooms designed to rope poor suckers into joining our fort. The name of this tavern is The Bug of Breakfast, because it sounds like Bed and Breakfast, and because nothing else really fit with the Bug part of the name (Those statues are also of me hugging ninjasks).

And with every great tavern, there must be a worthy tavernkeeper to ensure that it runs smoothly and that the patron feel welcome.

Before stepping down from the overseer position, I have become that tavernkeeper, and me and my joltik/galvantula will ensure that this tavern is the best bug-type tavern ever to grace the world. And with that, I bid you farewell, I have to go scope out potential performers that would be willing to do bug-type related dances.
---
I feel like I described the arena controls pretty well, but if a clearer description is needed I'll give another one. We've still got a lot of caged pokemon from failed caravans trying to visit, so you could probably just use those in the arena fights (I swear to helix, you guys better fucking use that arena, I spent an unholy amount of time making it). Other than that, I think that's going to be it for me turn wise. I would in theory be interested in taking a turn in the next pokemon fort if we make one, but I'll have to see if I'm in a position where I can commit myself to playing it, hopefully in a more reasonable time frame.

Here's the save:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13638
Good luck, I overfortified the fort, so it's going to be VERY hard to accidentally fuck it up.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finally got around to reading the first fort. Really got chaotic around the end eh? Going to start going through this one next. Might ask for a turn at some point, but I've got a lot of backlogged threads to read so don't count on me.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43