Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 74395 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Screw it, put me on the overseer list. I'll binge through the thread as fast as I can. Still gonna hope bloop gets to it first.

Edit: Oops, forgot. Not much progress lately.

Edit: Damn it never mind. Can't do this right now.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:07:24 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Screw it, put me on the overseer list. I'll binge through the thread as fast as I can. Still gonna hope bloop gets to it first.

Hell, I've already forgotten the majority of it by now.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry to get your hopes up.

Edit: No really, I can't do this. Someone else has to. I haven't had much time for the forums, and even less for dwarf fortress itself.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:34:20 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hope this isn't dead? I can't take a turn for a while but I love Pocketball and I'd hate to see it get forgotten.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

At this point, if anyone can take the save, take it. I REALLY want to see if my arena actually works.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Sod it, I'm on it.  No promises on an entire year, but I'll at least get you a season.

Edit:  Hopefully.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:59:06 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just please pit some of the goblins against some of the more useless partially trained animals in my arena, then flood them out into the caverns.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

I have no idea how to pit things, let alone creatures, let alone sentients.
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I left some *very* detailed instructions on my final update, but if you can't work it then I guess we could wait for the next overseer to try it out.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

I left some *very* detailed instructions on my final update, but if you can't work it then I guess we could wait for the next overseer to try it out.

For working the mechanical parts of the arena, yes, and I can operate that with those instructions.  I just have no idea how the "pitting" mechanic works nor how to tell the game/dwarfs to do it.
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

It's a figure of speech. Just get them to fight each other.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

I don't know how I managed to misread your the post so badly.  Looking back, your the meaning is indeed obvious.  My apologies for being a pain in the arse.

Edit:  Oh for crying out loud, what was I on that day, managing to mistake you both for the same person?

Also edit:  I've finally gotten around to setting up the save.  If someone else wants to take a turn instead, please, go ahead, as I'm rather scatterbrained lately and forgot about this for a few days.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:26:55 am by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Alright, loaded the save, and the first thing I see is a reservoir full of blood and corpses.  This bodes well, I'm sure.  Nothing dire going on here, not on your life.

Edit 1:  Sakzul, what the hell are you doing in the reservoir intake?

Edit 2:  Goblins, less than one minute after unpausing.  Bloody lovely.
Also, "He didn't feel anything after seeing the elf an unknown creature die."  We don't know what elves are?  Or are we merely denying that such a thing can exist?  "What elves?  What's an elf?"

Edit 3:  I started using 0.44.10, and this is going to be my first experience with the memory system, so this could go very, very "well".

Edit 4:  The trade depot is lost among a veritable mountain of vomit.  What the hell happened here?

Edit 5:  I have no idea what levers control the surface drawbridges.  Also, one of the goblins is wielding a book and a musical instrument.

- - - - - - - - - -

This is a poorly-designed xOverseer's Journalx.  It is encircled with bands of solidified vomit.  It is encrusted with the sounds of the last wits of a would-be overseer snapping and the screams of the damned.  On the item is an image of a Gabite in ectoplasm.

[There are nonsensical scribbles on the first few pages, followed by two pages of Daemonic]

- - - - - - - - - -

Sorry, I'm going to have to pass.  Things are too hectic right now.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 01:52:13 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, there were a lot of unintended deaths caused by the reservoirs. A surprisingly large amount of dwarves were more willing to rush in to clean the pond scum in the intakes than to clean all of the vomit off of the trade depot. And as you'd expect, it eventually got to a point where they were swept in. I thought I got that last guy out of the lower reservoir, but if he isn't out by now he's screwed. We're also still on 0.43 something, so migrating is probably a bad idea. I don't think I know where that lever is either, but I think it's on the left side of the hospital, but not that it really matters because the moat doesn't really help us that much.

Anyone else willing to take the save for a year?

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Sakzul actually made it out of the intake after a few attempts at climbing out.  I was surprised.  Right after that, the goblins showed up.  There is another dwarf in the primary reservoir, however.  They're "Adequate Swimmer", but I'm pretty sure that they're boned.
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43