Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 74388 times)

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #255 on: November 13, 2017, 08:45:06 pm »

Well, I’ve enjoyed reading this, so can I be dorfed as a military dwarf (preferably with a fennekin line Pokemon, may have misspelled it) named Kamani?
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #256 on: November 13, 2017, 09:00:32 pm »

I love the personality each person got in that art Nopal. I might make my segment my profile pic if I ever get to it.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2017, 10:39:53 pm »

Summer, Malachite 1
I let the Blitzle and Leafeon go from the Pokemon Center, I've done what I can for them. Good news is, the Gabite is making progress.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It might take longer, but I believe I can help him.

Summer, Malachite 4

I think Doren ate some unprepared Spinarak meat. You could have waited for it to be prepared you know?
(It shouldn't be edible, strange.)

Summer, Malachite 6

Ban on amulets again, gotcha.

With looms now, we can begin making some thread from the webs in the caverns. Whilst exploring they found a Paras caught in web.

At least a chunk of it? Okay?

Summer, Malachite 10

The other two Gabite are let out of their cages, one appears to be very sad and the the second one actually came to check on his friend.

Pokemon truly are interesting creatures.

Summer, Malachite 10

Congratulations Sigun.

Summer, Malachite 12

With everything acquired, Bomrek begins work. Muttering "Bumalzes".

Summer, Malachite 16

An amulet? easy.

Bomrek finishes his artifact. A rather expensive looking ring.

Summer, Malachite 21

Finished the other bedrooms since we have quite a few more around here.

Also having the King's quarters smoothed in preparation for furnishing.

Summer, Malachite 22

MCreeper orders another mace.

Which reminds me, the military could use some training weapons. So I'll have that done too. (the carpenters are starting to idle anyway)

Olon was also released. I'll try my best to insure no one gets put in there again.

Summer, Malachite 28

Had a goblet stockpile made closer to the drinks, now you wont have to trek as far for a mug.

With everything being so calm, I can only wonder whats coming next.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2017, 01:26:46 am »

I really like Whimsicott, Spinarak and especially Paras. Guess what they all have in common this part and last?

Awful death. I swear, Goldsilver exists to taunt me.

Shidoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2017, 01:33:16 am »

Wait, the Blitzle is unclaimed? That was one of our original cart-pullers, right? I'd like to claim it, if that's so.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2017, 06:28:55 am »

I'd like the joltik if we have no use for it. If it's a vermin could you throw it into my personal bug cage so I can try to tame it. Also, whats the progress of the taming of my exegute?

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2017, 09:45:57 pm »

I really like Whimsicott, Spinarak and especially Paras. Guess what they all have in common this part and last?

Awful death. I swear, Goldsilver exists to taunt me.
At least only one of them was actually killed by us.

I'd like the joltik if we have no use for it. If it's a vermin could you throw it into my personal bug cage so I can try to tame it. Also, whats the progress of the taming of my exegute?
Haven't even got a few facts on them yet, so still trying to tame it.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2017, 03:18:41 am »

Summer, Galena 1
Shidoni decided to take in the Blitzle, take good care of him. The mangled leg shouldn't slow him down too much. There's also a Joltik hanging around, but its so small it cant be found. MottledPetrel offered to look after it once we do find it, if its even still around.

Summer, Galena 5

MCreeper bans exports on maces, wasn't really planning on having them sold anyway.

Summer, Galena 7
I had the manager's office moved to the smaller room so the other can be turned into one for Shidoni. It seems like they mostly want the same as Mcreeper, just with a tomb to be buried in. Shouldn't be hard. Some coffins will be made in preparation for that too.

Summer, Galena 8

(Literally no idea why this is happening)
The Joltik was found and it immediately went missing again, I think maybe because its so small the cage cant easily contain it. Maybe a metal one with a very small mesh should keep it in.

Summer, Galena 12
Nope, still manages to get out... Sorry MottledPetrel, Joltik can be very tricky to contain.

More amulets? sure.

Summer, Galena 16
Had some statues made for Shidoni's room, obviously including one of Shidoni.

Here are the others too:

Summer, Galena 24

Congratulations Shidoni, your Blitzle has evolved into a Zebstrika (and also had its leg healed).

Reports of a ghost are going around, apparently being Fikod. I think we should memorialize him asap.

Summer, Galena 27

Apparently the ghost is gone now, hope we don't get many more around here.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2017, 06:23:08 am »

Maybe a glass terrarium would work? If that doesn't work then I'd say just leave him out and about, hopefully he'll produce webs and stay around the fortress now that he's tame.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 15, 2017, 12:02:30 pm »

He's escaping because he's gnawing through the wooden cage. Put him in a stronger cage and he will stay there.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 15, 2017, 05:21:47 pm »

Maybe a glass terrarium would work? If that doesn't work then I'd say just leave him out and about, hopefully he'll produce webs and stay around the fortress now that he's tame.
Should try that, if it doesn't work then I'll just put it in its own room to produce webs.

He's escaping because he's gnawing through the wooden cage. Put him in a stronger cage and he will stay there.
I tried a zinc and copper cage, both didn't work.

Shidoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 15, 2017, 09:16:58 pm »

Congratulations Shidoni, your Blitzle has evolved into a Zebstrika (and also had its leg healed).

Blitzle friendship evolution confirmed!

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 15, 2017, 10:02:12 pm »

Autumn, Limestone 1
MottledPetrel suggested instead of using a cage, maybe a glass terrarium would keep the Joltik from escaping. That's quite a good idea, so i'll ask for one to be made.

A Munchlax also got a bit too close to Asmel's Quilava, who seems to be grieving over the loss of her trainer. Poor thing keeps going back to where the tree crushed him.

Autumn, Limestone 5

The king's mausoleum is ready, now to decorate it. (There's a second coffin for the king's wife, if he marries at some point)

Autumn, Limestone 9

Melkor seems to enjoy playing with the Joltik.

Autumn, Limestone 13

The Joltik is staying this time.

We are going to have so many amulets, everyone will be wearing one.

Autumn, Limestone 16

Merchants have arrived, interestingly, I don't see a diplomat with them. Unless.

Oh, my mistake. Almost mistook her for one of the merchant's guards.

Autumn, Limestone 17

That's good to hear.

MCreeper also asks if there's anything we need. Hopefully they have some Mega Stones available, and a Key Stone needed to activate them. Other then that, I think we're pretty good. We seem to be doing well out here.

Unfortunately, it seems they don't have much of them.

The Mega Stones are useless without a Key Stone, so I'll forgo them. As for the stones, I'll have to take a look at the list of Pokemon to see if there's any that they can be used on.

Which there isn't... They do have a few interesting Pokemon, but of anything, getting some Miltank here would be nice so we can make Moomoo Milk (or cheese if you want).

Oh, there is one thing we might need. Some gold and silver bars for more valuable furniture. Hopefully the next overseer can get them, it would definitely help make the rooms for our nobles much nicer.

There's also an agreement made with the merchants, this will probably matter more to whoever is after me.

Not far behind the merchants was some migrants.
Among them was one named Kamani, a rather competent Swordsdwarf they say.

With so many in the military, another new squad is formed, calling themselves "Lugia's Warriors". The barracks may need expanding at some point (possibly the 3rd floor could be used), it may get crowded in there.

Autumn, Limestone 18
After greeting all the new arrivals, I check out what the merchants have brung along.

Some steel bars which could be used to forge something, we probably need way more though.

Quite a few Pokemon, obviously we should get those Mareep and the Miltank. We could start getting some wool and milk from them.

Lots of cloth and leather (pages long). As much as I'm against using Pokemon for leather, we may actually need it.sigh

Maybe also getting some Moomoo cheese, just so we have some ahead of making our own.

The rest is typical, though very lacking. I really hope they can bring more next year, some of our crafts and gems are worth quite a bit apparently. (around 15-16k worth total)

Autumn, Limestone 21
Shidoni's tomb is also ready to be decorated. A couple of statues and some engravings should fancy them up.

Autumn, Limestone 23

I was expecting to make more amulets, but this time the king wants a quern made.

And just as we completed Shidoni's last request for them.

More is ordered. Seriously, why so many?

Autumn, Limestone 27

Congrats Kel.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 15, 2017, 10:28:38 pm »

I'll nab a Haunter if the merchants haven't left yet, and I think Nopal mentioned liking Sylveon back when the Eeveelution disputes were in full swing (Leafeon forever) so it might be worth doing a little more trading.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2017, 05:50:54 am »

Maybe one day someone will bring a good bug type No luck with acquiring a leaf stone? Well, if one surfaces I'd like it for my exegute if he ever tames to a reasonable level.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43