Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 75205 times)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #375 on: December 01, 2017, 07:37:01 pm »

That Exploud didn't beat me up to bad did it? I'm up and drinking so obviously it wasn't too bad. If only the Pokemon Center could heal people.

I wonder, do the Abra or its higher family have [CAN_LEARN] or [CAN_SPEAK]? It's supposed to be smart....
Alakazam and Gardevoir havin [CAN_LEARN] would be cool imo.
Not very sure 'bout speakin.
It could be a rare chance, like Slowking.

By the way, I'm sure Professor FirePhoenix11 is fine. Exploud can't use Boomburst in this mod... right?

...Right?
Luckily no.

Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #376 on: December 02, 2017, 12:11:52 am »

For the caverns, I can't help but wonder if other two would be safer.

*looks at Butterfree*

I don't blame Dumas for climbing up a tree. In the conditions, it was perfectly sensible action to live month longer. After all, surely his absence would be noticed in that time?

...Right?

...No?

Why even live?

I suspect if XButterfree PsybeamX broke, the game would crash.

That the carpenter has as much stonecrafting experience as wood tislering is bit surprising. The library is full of flammable furniture, after all, while the fort...surely does not rely on stonecrafting exports? Might also have been engraving. Lots of that around.

The fortress of doors does have military implications - the arhers need to stand in the doors to fire.

You could have saved Zefer if you had forbidden all spare mugs in fort. They're nice, but not necessary, and in this situation they kill dwarves. Not that you would have wanted to save Zefer, but the its the thought that doesn't count.

As for the war pokemon, I notice war training goes on levelup. How good are the fort's animal trainers?

Looking at the fort screenshots....

- querns stick out.

- augh why are there so many adamantine splints, and adamantine in general tossed together with food? It might have made sense initially, but now there isn't anything built near it that matters.

- Love the engraving messages. U for unown?

- I'm suspicious of the trapped flames of giving 'em hell.

- As usual, I coletely fail the game of "identify that pokemon". Well, it's not Ghastly, Haunter or Gengar, so that much I can tell. And a tomb is timely, given the ending.

Nopal

« Reply #377 on: December 02, 2017, 01:23:44 am »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 10:05:50 pm by Nopal »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 02, 2017, 06:25:58 am »

Save has been acquired.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 02, 2017, 04:15:55 pm »

The tomb is indeed a swalot, although I feel like it didn't turn out as well as the gulpin in Pocketball.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 03, 2017, 12:38:40 am »

I thought it came out pretty good, but maybe instead of leaving that empty spot for the black diamond it would look more like one image if you made it out of black flooring.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 03, 2017, 01:50:09 am »

Paper sheets....

I loved the Swalot tomb, but I couldn't help but see it with two giant purple human feet jutting out of its bottom.

AernJardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 04, 2017, 09:10:04 pm »

No turn for me, but I'd love to be dorfed as a weaver!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 05, 2017, 02:51:59 pm »

Okay. I realise it's less than you were probably hoping for. But I've been dealing with persistent cluster headaches that make it hard to focus, and, besides, I wanted to give you all an opportunity to pick stuff from the elf caravan.

Excerpts from A Million Little Pichus: A Memoir, by Maximum Spin Valecrafts:

In the fifth year of the Calendar of Goldsilver, I realised it was time once again for Paddywagon Man voluntarily to step aside and cede control to me. Our fledgling fort needed a firm hand on the rudder, and who better to provide that hand than I – I, who with wisdom and skill had saved Pocketball from fiery demonic disaster, only to see my work lost in the hands of a child the very next year? This time, though, with the Mareep Mafia at my back, I would not give up what is mine so easily.

However, the years of keeping to the shadows and building up my power had left me... bored. Not quite bored enough to crack open the Teal Seal and try my luck with the demons beneath again, but closer than I like to admit. Maybe that's why I soon realised that I'd made my move too early; back in Pocketball, I took control during a terrible crisis, and spent my overseership solving it. Now, there was no crisis, and I had no idea what to do, no idea how to ensure my reign would be remembered as a successful one. These doubts, and more like them, plagued me for the first moments of my term.

Hoping to allay my concerns, I quickly set about ordering the artisans of Goldsilver to construct a new set of statues following images I had personally designed to remind the populace that I am always looking out for them and to remind my 'superiors' to whom they owe their stations. I reasoned that, if nothing else, I could at least make a mark on the visible, physical reality of life in Goldsilver. I had just finished listing off the last of these – a special gift just for the Baron Shidoni – when the cry went up: a team of ten goblins had been sighted nearing the walls, with a war Garchomp at their heels. The first day of my overseership was not yet out, and already disasters were arising. I had to admit, it felt like being home again.

As the last civilian stragglers were running for safety, ten goblins quickly ballooned to thirty and a second Garchomp appeared. I'm not too proud to say I was more than a little miffed to see Garchomp in the hands of the enemy, but deep down I knew that I couldn't claim them all, even though I was committed to trying. To sate my vexation, I stood at a safe distance and watched the charge of macedwarves, led by my fellow Mareep enthusiast and right-hand man Nopal, slam into the disorderly goblin ranks.

One particular macedwarf, Crazy Mebzuth, actually bit out a goblin's eye. I have often wondered what it tasted like.

And in two bloody days, the siege was broken, having never progressed past the outer marches of Goldsilver territory; and only three of our dwarves, all newcomers from this continent, were lost. With Nopal at the head of the charge, of course, the Mareep Mafia secured most of the glory, as was proper. I ordered the alert status lifted so we could begin sorting through the loot and recovering the wounded. Of the survivors, Nopal and Crazy Mebzuth had taken the most damage; xSkeletalx informed me at the time that Crazy Mebzuth had broken his spine and might be paralysed for the rest of his life. This proved technically accurate: within a day, he was dead.

Still, considering the horde of goblins we were up against, a final tally of four dead was nothing. And of course we'd all seen far worse losses back in Pocketball. All told, I considered it a win.

Like any righteous dwarf, I showed my respect for the dead by hastening to get my share of the spoils.

A few days later, on the surface, Mottled Petrel's prized war Exeggcute began to behave strangely. In my professional opinion, it seemed to be forgettings its training. It was clear that this situation could quickly become volatile, so I resolved to keep a close eye.

A few more days later, a human diplomat from the elven lands arrived. King Bëmbul informed me that he accepted the limit of 109 tree-fellings this year, as I recommended; we still have piles of logs dotting the surface, and no great need for more.

A random carpenter came to me and told me he henceforth wanted to be called AernJardos. Apparently, in his spare time, he was also the fort's second-best weaver, and these two facts were somehow related, I guess? Well, it's none of my problem. On the same day, unrelatedly(?), I happened to walk by the battle site and realised that the trees were absolutely full of goblin teeth. I think I also saw a couple of arms hanging up in there. It really helped with the ambiance.

Soon, the elven caravan itself arrived, and, as I was looking over the preparations for trading...

... my power only grows.

King Bëmbul hastened to remind me that no querns or amulets were to be traded away under any conditions. Paddywagon Man had already cornered me in the hallway several days ago (repeated shocks to the head may have damaged her self-preservation instinct) to demand that we export no bracelets. The elves, of course, will not accept anything containing wooden components. So the only viable trade goods in the fortress were a mildewy pile of discarded clothing. Even on a new continent when your old one has been destroyed in flames, some traditions remain.

Looking over the elves' goods, I quickly realised that it would be prudent to ask my compatriots what Pokémon they would like to claim before concluding business. I wasn't sure how much we could really afford to buy, though, so I advised prudence and temperance, of which I have always been an exceptional model, of course.

The Combee is vermin. (Otherwise I would've claimed it for myself already.) But we can still get it if somebody (probably MottledPetrel, I'm guessing) really wants it. The rest are fully functional.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 05, 2017, 03:52:20 pm »

Damn, loved this update. Gave me a very gangster movie vibe (as it should have).

May I have that Cranidos?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 05, 2017, 04:13:14 pm »

I thought we had the exegute in a cage so that it DIDN'T have an opportunity to kill everyone. If it's misbehaving, throw it back into the cage until it's doing better. And I'd like the gliscor if we can afford it. If not, it's fine, buy some cheap wooden instruments that nobody can play or something.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 05, 2017, 06:00:29 pm »

Oooh, I rack up any goblin kills?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 05, 2017, 06:18:40 pm »

Did I kill anything? Or did I miss the fight somehow? Never noticed any action after those two kills at the start of the fort. How is my swordmanship coming along?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 05, 2017, 06:43:08 pm »

Trumbeak! I would gladly add it to my hunting party! Mine! Miiiine.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 06, 2017, 01:25:16 am »

Oooh, I rack up any goblin kills?

Did I kill anything? Or did I miss the fight somehow? Never noticed any action after those two kills at the start of the fort. How is my swordmanship coming along?
You both missed the battle completely! Nopal, Birdy, and Kamani were the only named dwarves who made it to the battle, and Birdy didn't even manage to kill anything. Nopal is the only one who killed goblins (three); Kamani took out a single Deino. Look, I don't want to sound judgemental, but... the Mareep Mafia is not impressed by your valour. :P

On the other hand, Beirus, you are a Master Swordsdwarf, which is something.

The Cranidos, Trumbeak, and Gliscor have been acquired; we *might* be able to afford one or two more when the rest of the trade goods make it to the depot.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43