Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140297 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #1005 on: May 22, 2019, 08:36:14 am »

Is syvvaris stuck himself, or is he waiting for nakeen to show up again?  :P

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 23, 2019, 02:56:19 am »

Nah, Nakéen's out even if they suddenly came back saying they want to keep playing; I've already told Paris that he's in, and figured out what to do with Asha.  The delay is just because my crippling insecurities make writing this stuff feel impossible.  A couple more days and the terrifying specter of failure will get big enough to force me to write something, don't worry.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 23, 2019, 11:00:57 am »

Nah, Nakéen's out even if they suddenly came back saying they want to keep playing; I've already told Paris that he's in, and figured out what to do with Asha.  The delay is just because my crippling insecurities make writing this stuff feel impossible.  A couple more days and the terrifying specter of failure will get big enough to force me to write something, don't worry.

By the way, would you mind telling us if any of the wish ideas mentioned in the thread would be allowed or not? Like, wishing for extra levels or unbreakable soul gems.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 23, 2019, 03:29:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1009 on: May 24, 2019, 01:33:28 am »

((I didn't actually have an OOC suggestion, I just had to throw out the obligatory "world peace/elimination of poverty/etc" thing.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 24, 2019, 09:30:08 pm »

((Thanks a lot for that. Also, I'm wondering if wishes can make living things, like fairytale creatures or mythological monsters. If so, I was wondering if I could wish for something like a giant firebird Sasha could ride into battle or carry others with. But I guess I'll probably have to go with the werewolf wish if even the GM likes it.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 31, 2019, 11:01:28 am »

Spoiler: Sandra Thompson (click to show/hide)
(ok, it will be here in case someone turns into a witch. At least I will be able to watch)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:07:49 am by Naturegirl1999 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 01, 2019, 04:14:56 pm »

((I will say, it's very flattering when people ask to join the game, but sadly you can't join right now.  The main game has three players, and the next two replacements are already most of the way through their PM-stories, and will join the game shortly.  That makes five, the absolute cap.  While a spot might open up in the next labyrinth, and I might accept another character at that point, you're very likely to have to wait a long time; the game began twenty months ago, and in that time has had two characters leave, only one directly due to in-game events.  That implies an expected wait of at least ten months, unless one of the current players gets fed up with my glacial pace and leaves.

...That being said, I'll still respond to the sheet.  First, Sandra's totem would not work as you intend, I don't believe, as totems explicitly must be nonliving.  A dead seed would be fine, but sounds rather unhappy.  Second, Sandra only has eight levels in powers, but magical girls begin with ten; I'd recommend investing in Mobility Level 1, and either Triage Level 2 or an attack power such as Manabolt or Close Combat so that you aren't pure support--though Triage would probably be better, as otherwise you'd have to rely on assist actions and Heal & Steel to do damage.  Third, and most important, it would be better if you could write out more about your character; detail her family, her experiences, the specific wording of her wish, anything and everything.  It'd be difficult to write too much, and otherwise the more the better.

That all being said, it's still exceptionally unlikely for you to get into the game, unless you're willing to wait a year or more.  So... yeah, you can safely ignore this post, I think.  Sorry.))

((On the topic of my glacial pace, and because I feel bad about bumping the thread without stating anything relevant to the game progression, I fully rewrote the next memory's outline a couple days ago, and finished the first ~third of it today.  So... progress, just glacial.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 10, 2019, 05:06:22 am »

At least tell us who the witch was before closing the game, dagnabbit.
aka bump from second page.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 10, 2019, 05:14:09 am »

Impatience.
(Nobody's going to forget the game exists just because it drops from the first page.)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 11, 2019, 09:16:45 pm »

Impatience.
(Nobody's going to forget the game exists just because it drops from the first page.)
I hope not. I really don't want to see this game being forgotten and dying.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 12, 2019, 06:41:29 am »

((The game isn't dead yet, or being closed, I am just capable of procrastinating arbitrarily long.  My intention is to post something on Thursday, as I'll be leaving on an eight-day road trip on Friday, but even if not the game isn't dead.  I won't give up on it at least until Egan's character is properly killed off; he's been waiting too long for me to just end it without doing that to him.  :P ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1017 on: June 27, 2019, 11:14:51 am »

May I offer you a fitting image in this trying time?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 27, 2019, 01:43:45 pm »

No.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 27, 2019, 09:32:09 pm »

Well, I'd like to attack monsters with claws..
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 84