Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140109 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #1035 on: July 17, 2019, 06:51:05 pm »

((Tooru takes a third level in Totem Manipulation.

Also, confirmation on Tooru being able to take Brave powers?
Bravery is tied for her worst stat, after all. If I can, I'm thinking of taking Berserker to get that full machinegun mode, and/or Painless to compensate for how squishy she is if she takes a hit.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 17, 2019, 08:01:23 pm »

I suspect it's just three standard levels.. in your class or Equanimity.  Gotta kill a brave witch to get Brave levels.

Also, whoops, I thought I posted to use the grief seed.  Getting those two dislocated shoulders fixed would be nice.

Soulgem levels in
Duet with Reality I,
Mobility III.

Regular levels in
Effigy II
Regeneration I
Regeneration II
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 12:28:20 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 17, 2019, 10:10:36 pm »

Whatever she wished for, she had to do it now. Deep down, she thought that it would be a waste to wish to transform Alida into a werewolf. But, after everything that happened during this whole disaster, she was spent and just wanted to get the whole wish problem over with.

...Alright, Aleksandra Chernov. You can do this.

She breathes deeply a few times to focus herself.

"Pumsy, I'm ready to make my wish."

No turning back now. No time for second thoughts.

"I wish for Alida to become werewolf, to be able to shapeshift between giant fluffy wolf and her normal body. But not only normal giant fluffy wolf, I wish for her to be able to change between both forms at will, and that her giant wolf form is durable and constantly grows stronger over time."

She turns back to Alida.

"...That was it, right?"

(Also, when Sasha has to return to her home, she brings Asha with her and sneaks from the way she left the house from.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 17, 2019, 11:54:07 pm »

Alida, upon hearing that, is shocked.  Yes, it's what she wanted, but.. she didn't think Aleksandra would do it.  I mean, it's her one wish!  And she's spending it on someone she just met the other day!

At this time she resolved to use this power.. this trust.. to make sure Sasha and the rest of them make it out fine.  So they can always come home safe.

"I.. I don't know what to say.  Thank you, Aleksandra."

"I'll do my best to make sure you don't regret it."

Alida waits for it, to see what happens.  And if it comes, to show off what she's like in the new form.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:31:27 am by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 18, 2019, 01:04:20 am »

((Also, confirmation on Tooru being able to take Brave powers? Bravery is tied for her worst stat, after all. If I can, I'm thinking of taking Berserker to get that full machinegun mode, and/or Painless to compensate for how squishy she is if she takes a hit.))

No, that was me making a mistake because I was tired.  Tooru can put her levels in Equanimity or Joy, but not Bravery.  Sorry for the confusion.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1040 on: July 18, 2019, 07:46:38 am »

I figured that was the case. Tooru will level Regeneration and Invigorating Passion.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 18, 2019, 02:10:44 pm »

((Tooru takes a third level in Totem Manipulation.))
I figured that was the case. Tooru will level Regeneration and Invigorating Passion.

((Noted.))

I suspect it's just three standard levels.. in your class or Equanimity.  Gotta kill a brave witch to get Brave levels.

Also, whoops, I thought I posted to use the grief seed.  Getting those two dislocated shoulders fixed would be nice.

Soulgem levels in
Duet with Reality I,
Mobility III.

Regular levels in
Effigy II
Regeneration I
Regeneration II

((Noted.))

You inspect the grief seed curiously as Tooru continues talking dazedly about what she say.  It's such a pitiful thing now, the wing broken in half and all the shine covered by black... rust?  You rub your thumb across the surface, but none of the black comes off.  You frown, and turn it over.  There's a pin on the back, strikingly similar to the pin that attaches your medallion to your clothes, but it's closed, and looks stuck in place.  Hrm.

You sit down, leaning back against the concrete slope, so that you don't fall, but hesitate to press the seed against your soul gem.  It just looks so... filthy, and evil, your mind is a little repulsed by the thought of touching the thing to your soul.  You close your eyes and shake your head a little, chiding yourself.  You're just procrastinating, and that's a stupid reason to procrastinate.  You press the grief seed against your medallion, and a wave of bliss hits you

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You jerk upright as you awaken, looking around at the girls around you in confusion.  For a brief moment you wonder who they are, and where Izzy is, but then your mind catches up, and you recognize the others.  That was... strange.  It all felt so real, and so natural, but... you look down at your hands.  They're no longer dirty, but they look so plain, almost fake, like they're not yours.  It's strange, but you feel good all the same.  Rested, if a little disoriented.  Asha kneels down next to you, holding Pumsy tight against her abdomen, and looks over you worriedly.  You give her a grin, and stretch your arms up, noticing that they're no longer dislocated.

"...Pumsy, is it normal for such a strong witch's grief seed to go away so quickly?" she asks sadly.
"Uhm, I don't know, she wasn't all that strong, only Mina died."

Asha and you both wince at that, though Pumsy doesn't seem to notice.  "Don't worry though, Asha!  You're strong, and you have a lot of power left!  And witches appear all the time, so you won't wait long, and you're on a team too, so you don't need to use much magic anyway!" the cub chirps happily, before snuggling against the girl affectionately.  Asha doesn't look much happier, but she hugs him closer.

There's a short silence, everyone disquieted by the reminder of their friend's death.  Aleksandra is the first to break it, confidently stepping up to your other side as she speaks.

Whatever she wished for, she had to do it now. Deep down, she thought that it would be a waste to wish to transform Alida into a werewolf. But, after everything that happened during this whole disaster, she was spent and just wanted to get the whole wish problem over with.

...Alright, Aleksandra Chernov. You can do this.

She breathes deeply a few times to focus herself.

"Pumsy, I'm ready to make my wish."

No turning back now. No time for second thoughts.

"I wish for Alida to become werewolf, to be able to shapeshift between giant fluffy wolf and her normal body. But not only normal giant fluffy wolf, I wish for her to be able to change between both forms at will, and that her giant wolf form is durable and constantly grows stronger over time."

She turns back to Alida.

"...That was it, right?"

(Also, when Sasha has to return to her home, she brings Asha with her and sneaks from the way she left the house from.)

Pumsy's attention is immediately captured when Aleksandra makes her announcement.  His little pink head pokes out from between Asha's arms, a glint in his golden eyes.  Aleksandra meets his gaze unflinchingly as she takes a few deep breaths.

[Purity]

Aleksandra's expression dulls, her eyes suddenly vacant.  Then, she starts to tip over, leaning over towards the bottom of the concrete canal.  The AK-47 falls from her hands, hitting the concrete with a loud clatter.  Aleksandra follows just after, her knees giving out, but Alida reacts instantly.  The blonde girl rolls to her feet in a blur, diving forward to catch the young Russian girl.  She's entirely limp in Alida's arms, her head lolling about randomly.

Asha screams "Sasha!" and leaps to her feet, dropping Pumsy in the process.  Alida turns around to face the other magical girl, presenting Aleksandra's limp body to her.  Asha leans close, grabbing the ribbon in Aleksandra's hair with one hand, and supporting the back of the girl's head with the other.  Her face is a mask of panic, as she repeatedly whispers "No, no, no..." under her breath.

Tooru starts to step over to the three girls, but freezes midstride when she sees Pumsy.  He's right where Asha dropped him, in a predatory crouch that's more reminiscent of a true wild tiger than the magical stuffed animal he typically acts like.  His tail is held straight out behind him, the tip twitching ever so slightly, but much more worrying are his eyes.  There's not a trace of gold left in them, just two deep black abysses, aimed directly at Aleksandra.

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 18, 2019, 02:56:00 pm »

Alida just freezes and holds Aleksandra's body for a minute, wondering what just happened in silent confusion.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1043 on: July 18, 2019, 03:54:57 pm »

Tooru looked at Aleksandra in surprise as she rattled off her wish. She hadn't really expected her to make a decision right then, much less use it on someone else. She almost felt guilty; all she'd done with her chance was get some bullies to leave her alone. Whatever further ponderings she may have had were interrupted as Sandra slumped over.

The redhead initially assumed that it had something to do with her wish being granted, the shock of becoming a magical girl making her faint or something. When she didn't pop up after a moment, though, panic set in quickly. "Asha, w-what's happening?" She looked around quickly, her eyes taking little time to alight on Pumsy. "What are you doing to her!?" Almost unconsciously, an array of talismans appeared in one of her hands, and she cocked her hand as if she was getting ready to throw them at the creature. And perhaps she was.

((Question: How much would it cost to make totems with a more playing card-like structure, for better throwability? Would I have to pay to modify each one individually?))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 07:52:48 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 21, 2019, 03:05:38 pm »

Alida just freezes and holds Aleksandra's body for a minute, wondering what just happened in silent confusion.
Tooru looked at Aleksandra in surprise as she rattled off her wish. She hadn't really expected her to make a decision right then, much less use it on someone else. She almost felt guilty; all she'd done with her chance was get some bullies to leave her alone. Whatever further ponderings she may have had were interrupted as Sandra slumped over.

The redhead initially assumed that it had something to do with her wish being granted, the shock of becoming a magical girl making her faint or something. When she didn't pop up after a moment, though, panic set in quickly. "Asha, w-what's happening?"[/color] She looked around quickly, her eyes taking little time to alight on Pumsy. "What are you doing to her!?"[/color] Almost unconsciously, an array of talismans appeared in one of her hands, and she cocked her hand as if she was getting ready to throw them at the creature. And perhaps she was.

((Question: How much would it cost to make totems with a more playing card-like structure, for better throwability? Would I have to pay to modify each one individually?))

((I'll just let you have that for free, since you have TM3, it's not particularly impactful, and the talismans are barely different from cards anyway.))

"I don't know!" Asha wails in response to Tooru, "She just... I don't know!  Her body just stopped, her soul's all wrong, I don't know!"  She continues to fret over Aleksandra, still held in Alida's unmoving arms.

Pumsy, however, remains crouched without moving, or speaking, even as Tooru starts to yell at him.  She summons a fistful of paper talismans into her hand, and draws it back threateningly, but hesitates before throwing.  Pumsy doesn't flinch, or even seem to notice her; his empty black eyes remain locked on Aleksandra.

Alida groans, suddenly feeling nasueated, and falls to one knee.  Asha grabs Aleksandra as Alida's grip weakens, while frantically asking what's happening.  Then, without warning, she shouts "Sasha!", sounding relieved.  The russian girl is staring up at her, awake again, and clearly worried.  She struggles slightly when Asha pulls her up into a giant hug, but doesn't stop the older girl from squeezing her tight.  Alida leans back next to the two girls until she's practically laying down on the concrete slope.  Her face is a light grimce, not one of pain, but merely strong discomfort and weakness.

Tooru's the only girl to look back at Pumsy.  He's watching her now, his eyes gold once again, and wide with fear.  Their eyes meet for just a moment, and then Pumsy spins around and starts sprinting away, towards the top of the concrete canal.

RandomGenericUsername:

Pumsy eagerly watches you as you make your wish, his golden eyes glinting at you from between Asha's arms.  Nothing happens for a moment, and then Alida, laying in front of you, growls out something unintelligibly animalistic, grimacing and clutching at her face.  You look down at her, worried, and then all of a sudden she rolls to her feet, tackling you and sending your grandfather's rifle flying.  You struggle against Alida's grab, but her grip is like iron--it's all you can do to keep yourself from falling down.  You Tooru yelling at her to stop, summoning talismans into her hand, and out of the corner of your eyes you see Pumsy watching, his golden eyes wide with fear.  Asha screams and starts ineffectually tugging at Alida's shoulder, Tooru continuing to yell threats.

You hear Alida whimper, and she presses her forehead into your shoulder, shivering.  She's still squeezing you, too tight for you to breath, but it's not an attack--she's using you for support, keeping herself from falling down as something happens to her, probably due to your wish.  But Tooru's still about to attack her!  You try to say something, but can't form the words, and Asha's clearly far too weak to free you.  Your mind starts reeling, trying to figure out what to do.

Then, as quickly as she jumped at you, Alida releases you and twists, tumbling down behind you as you fall forward, into Asha.  The gray-haired girl easily catches you, falling into a kneeling position and tightly hugging you, though her hug isn't nearly as tight as Alida's grab had been.  Asha telepathically asks if you're okay, but you're more immediately concerned with Alida, who's laying back on the concrete next to the two of you, grimacing.  You notice Pumsy fleeing in your peripheral vision, but pay him no mind--like the others, he probably thought Alida was attacking you.

((Aleksandra is now a magical girl.  I wanted to describe her soulgem this update, along with any special outfit if RGU's into that, but he hasn't responded to my PM about those, so... well, I want to keep things moving, he can describe her stuff when he gets the chance.))

((And yeah, if it isn't clear, Aleksandra's perception of how that all went was completely incorrect, though she has no way to tell that.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 22, 2019, 10:11:04 pm »

Be uncertain about what's going on.  Try to hold onto what's important to me.. the love of my family, the love of my friends, the allies and the people who trusted me, the memories of my father.

Physically.. try to control things.  Aleksandra said I could control it, right?  That means I should be able to handle this.  Ride it out.  If it gets very bad, activate Regeneration.

Does telepathy work?  Let the others know what's happening.

If it eases and I start feeling better.. look at myself and try these powers out with some capering.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:43:32 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 26, 2019, 04:11:31 pm »

Be uncertain about what's going on.  Try to hold onto what's important to me.. the love of my family, the love of my friends, the allies and the people who trusted me, the memories of my father.

Physically.. try to control things.  Aleksandra said I could control it, right?  That means I should be able to handle this.  Ride it out.  If it gets very bad, activate Regeneration.

Does telepathy work?  Let the others know what's happening.

If it eases and I start feeling better.. look at myself and try these powers out with some capering.

Things are... wrong, inside of you.  It's not a painful sensation, or even a physical one, though.  It's almost like dizziness, but reversed--everything is still, you're not changing, or moving, but your gut feels like it should be.  Like watching a video of the world moving, and becoming naseous because your body isn't moving when your eyes say it should, except the incongruity is that your insides aren't... shaped right?  Or, not positioned right, as if you're several feet to the side of where you feel you are?  It's hard to describe, but it's thoroughly unpleasant.  You close your eyes and grit your teeth, trying to tough it out.  If nothing else, at least you can tell that your mind isn't being changed.

The sensation builds, and spreads throughout your entire body.  You groan and writhe in place.  Every movement you make feels wrong, even though your body is functioning perfectly, exactly as it always does.  The strange feeling only gets stronger the more you move, the harder your muscles work, but try as you might, you can't relax.  It's a horrible feedback loop; the more you move, the more you feel a primal need to get away, resulting in reflexive movements which only make it worse.  You hear yourself let out a low whine, the sound surprising you.  You try and breath slowly, but the air tastes wrong, you can feel your lungs expanding, a horrifying mass of empty space opening up inside you.  The wrongness is only getting worse, and you're starting to feel scared by your own body, now strange and alien, but even worse, you feel scared by your fear of your own body.  Maybe this is messing with your mind, you think.  You try and focus on your family, imagining Eva's smiling face during her last birthday.  Kade and Lana wrestling and screaming happily at each other.  Your father, calmly reading a book.

You wince, a cold hand touching your shin.  Then everything snaps into place, all the discomfort just disappearing as if it had never existed.  You take a deep breath, the sensation normal and relaxing.  You open your eyes and look up at the few stars visible, then sit up.  Asha and Aleksandra are sitting next to your feet, watching you wide-eyed.  Asha's hand is on your shin, and you stare at it dully for a moment.  Did she remove the wish's effects with her magic?  You feel simultaneously sad and relieved at the thought.

Aleksandra tentatively asks if you feel okay, and you nod, you feel completely normal, unchanged.  The young russian girl relaxes, but Asha doesn't, her eyes continuing to scrutinize your face.  You start to ask what's wrong, but pause halfway into your first word--there's something under your tounge.  You stick a finger into your mouth, and find... hair?  There's hair growing from the bottom of your mouth, under your tongue, a small patch of smooth fur.  What?

<Are you sure you're okay?  Your soul is all... weird, now.  You don't look any different, but you're really different inside...>

Quote from: KingMurdoc (Auto)
Watch Pumsy, but don't throw the talismans at him

Pumsy runs off and disappears down an alleyway.  You pause for a few seconds, mentally debating whether you should chase him down, but decide against.  When you look back at the other girls, they're both sitting near Alida, watching her worriedly as Alida inspects the inside of her mouth with a finger.  Uh.  She doesn't look like a wolf, which is probably a good thing?

((If RGU isn't back by the end of the month, we'll move onto the timeskip stuff, and just have Aleksandra be undefined and invisible until he does return.  Next update... meh, tomorrow, if anyone has boldtext for it.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 26, 2019, 11:55:44 pm »

<Not sure.. I have fur under my tongue.  I wasn't expecting that.>

<Can you.. can you see how it works?  It felt like quite a lot just happened.>

With Asha's direction and my own feelings, try to figure out how to transform as the wish said, and see the results.  It felt scary, but surely it won't be scary now that I feel fine, will it?  Turn back too.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1048 on: July 27, 2019, 11:50:34 am »

((Sorry, meant to post earlier, but got sidetracked by a number of things.))

"Fur under your tongue. . . ?" She supposed that made sense, but that sounded really annoying. Weren't werewolves just supposed to be normal people when they weren't all monstery?

Tooru nearly jumped as she remembered what she was actually going to talk about. "Did you guys see what Pumsy was doing? He was staring at Sandra and his eyes went pitch dark, it felt like he was trying to kill her or something! And then there was that one time we saw him in the park and he was all scary, too. . ."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 05:05:36 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 27, 2019, 12:24:00 pm »

Alida tries to remember.  Sasha was in trouble, she seemed dead while Pumsy was looking at her..

"I don't really remember.  I know he looked all weird, and Sasha seemed.. dead.. but she seems ok now."

"And yeah, I don't know about fur under my tongue either.  Cute little fangs would have been cool.."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 12:33:16 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 84