Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 138710 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #1065 on: August 14, 2019, 09:59:34 am »

Taking a deep breath, and making sure she's in ordinary clothing and not her MG outfit, Alida walks up to the door and knocks.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 16, 2019, 02:49:21 am »

"That was a little terrifying." She wasn't quite sure what to make of it. As she pondered the question, a brief flash of envy crossed her consciousness. Why did Alida get something special and she didn't? Heck, all she got out of her own wish was something she could have gotten if she had been a magical girl in the first place. Tooru blinked. No, it was fine. She should just be happy to be alive and that she has what she has already. "I bet it'll be really helpful going forward though!"

For timeskip things, Tooru is gonna do some detective work. Figure out what exactly happened with her wish, anyway. Maybe try to find Pumsy and squeeze some answers out of him. Don't do so much that she gets isolated from her family, though; they must be very worried about her. Also, keep hanging out with Asha, maybe invite her over a couple times (if she's okay with that.)

The next morning, you're woken up early by your mother, and dragged out of bed into the living room, where your father is waiting.  Your mother proceeds to aggressively interrogate you about why you got home at three in the morning, while your father mostly just sits back and looks intimidating.  You don't want to lie about where you were, but you don't really have any choice; it's not like they'd believe you if you said that you were a magical girl who had to go out and fight evil monsters every week.  You try and make some excuse, but your mother silences you shortly after you begin, saying that she can tell that you're lying.  You don't really have any answer for that, and eventually your father just says that he needs to head out for work, which more or less ends the conversation.

...Before he leaves, your parents agree on a punishment.  You're grounded, for an indefinite period; you have to come home right after school, and can't go visiting friends or anything.  You start to complain, but you're immediately silenced--your mother says that if you're going and doing stuff that you can't tell her about, then you clearly shouldn't be doing it, and therefore you can't be trusted to go out.  You try and argue, but she makes it clear that the conversation is over.

Your parents don't slacken at all over the next few days, and make sure you remain aware of your restrictions.  You're still left to walk home from school yourself, but you decide to obey the new rule for now, not wanting to anger your parents any more.  You hope compliance will make them be less draconian.  Taro initially makes fun of you for getting grounded, but after the first day he starts to actually seem a little worried, and asks what could possibly be so important that you can't talk about it.  You don't tell him, and though he initially pries a bit, asking if someone threatened you, he eventually gives up.

At least your plans aren't really affected.  You don't really go looking for Alison for the first few days of school; it still feels alien to actually go find her.  She hasn't come near you ever since you made your wish, though you haven't actually asked Violet how she's fared.  When you do finally decide to go hunting Alison down, during lunch break, she almost runs away from you, and you have to corner her before you can talk.  You try to politely ask why she hasn't been bullying you--god it sounds weird even as you say it--and she just blows you off by saying "You're not worth the effort", while her eyes visibly look for an escape.  You press, asking why she's afraid of you, which she just denies, though it's clear that neither of you believe her.  You start to ask another question--but she outright bolts past you, running away, other students watching her run with disbelief on their faces.

Well.  That's sort of an answer.  Your old bullies are downright terrified of you.  It's... not an unpleasant feeling, considering how much you lived in fear of them.

You manage to catch Violet just before you go home, and ask if she can come visit you for awhile, since you're grounded.  That turns out to be an unfortunate choice in words; she immediately asks what got you grounded, and you can't really explain that, so you switch the topic over to bullies.  Violet says she hasn't seen any of Alison or her cronies in the last week, but she did get injured in volleyball when one of the other girls hit her with a volleyball hard enough to crack some of her ribs.  She says it was Alida, and Alida certainly doesn't like her.  You start at that, and ask about Alida--sure enough, it's the same Alida you know, who you've fought with, who you have very nearly died with.  Violet asks if you know her, and you quietly say that you do, leaving it at that.

Violet looks a little curious, but she shrugs and continues talking.  Apparently she had to spend a couple days in the hospital after getting hit by Alida, which makes you feel guilty for not even noticing.  Violet did notice that Alison and the others hadn't been hounding her after she got back, but she figured it was just some weird honor thing, or that they were afraid of getting an actually serious punishment if they bullied an injured student, or something like that.  She then asks what you think, giving you a worried expression, and you immediately reply that you think they've just changed, or something, because they seem to have been avoiding you too.  Violet just nods, saying that she hopes you're right.

There's a long pause, then she reluctantly says that she really can't come visit today, but says she'll be sure to visit another time.  Then, she leaves, jogging off towards the city.  You walk home alone, mulling over your thoughts.

It isn't until Thursday that you get a chance to capture Pumsy, and when you do, it's frustratingly easy; he's sitting in your room when you com home from school, idly watching birds fly around outside your window.  You pause in the doorway, staring at him, not sure what to think.  He seems to notice your presence, and turns around to look at you over his shoulder.

"Hi, Tooru!  I thought you wanted to talk to me?"

Taking a deep breath, and making sure she's in ordinary clothing and not her MG outfit, Alida walks up to the door and knocks.

There's a long pause when you knock on the door.  You knock on it a second time, and are starting to think that Takeda must be out, or asleep or something, when the door opens just a couple inches.  There's a middle-aged Russian man staring down at you, with a weak smile on his face.  He asks you, with a fairly thick accent.  "Oh?  Who are you, little girl?"

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 16, 2019, 02:56:13 am »

"Alida..  Alida Larsen.  Are you Mr. Takeda?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1068 on: August 16, 2019, 01:10:37 pm »

Tooru took a deep breath. "I want to know what's going on with you. I saw the way you reacted when Sasha made her wish; your eyes went all pitch black. And there's all this other stuff that's been weird with you, too." Her tone sounded accusatory, and indeed it was; her trust in the fuzzy creature, as much as it pained her, was waning fast, and the way her week had gone wasn't exactly helping her feel diplomatic. As she spoke, she prepared to grab Pumsy if he tried to run away, as well as reaching out with what magical senses she had. She'd smelled despair rolling off of him in waves that one time, and wanted to check if anything similar happened.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 17, 2019, 12:56:28 am »

"Alida..  Alida Larsen.  Are you Mr. Takeda?"

The man shakes his head.  "No."

He pauses, watching you, then continues, his tone questioning.  "Mr. Takeda is... busy right now.  If you have a package, I can bring it to him?"

Tooru took a deep breath. "I want to know what's going on with you. I saw the way you reacted when Sasha made her wish; your eyes went all pitch black. And there's all this other stuff that's been weird with you, too." Her tone sounded accusatory, and indeed it was; her trust in the fuzzy creature, as much as it pained her, was waning fast, and the way her week had gone wasn't exactly helping her feel diplomatic. As she spoke, she prepared to grab Pumsy if he tried to run away, as well as reaching out with what magical senses she had. She'd smelled despair rolling off of him in waves that one time, and wanted to check if anything similar happened.

Pumsy turns around fully when you ask your question, tilting his head curiously.  "What?  I haven't been weird..."

You sigh, and walk over to him.  You pet his head, running your hands along his cheek and neck as he happily pushes into it.  You'll be able to grab him if he tries to flee, though he seems happy to be around you right now... you just need to word your questions carefully, to make sure he stays compliant.  Pumsy can be frustratingly fickle.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 17, 2019, 01:30:46 am »

"It's.. I need to see him.  It's.. well, something horrible's happened."

Look anxious, start bouncing a little with the energy.

"I have to, I have to,  It's a matter of life or death."

Push my arm forward, into the gap in the door.  Start trying to push my way in, but don't use magic yet.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 17, 2019, 01:44:09 am »

[Love]

He moves to block you as soon as you reach your arm in, though he does so merely by placing his left palm in the way of your arm, rather than shutting the door on you or something.

"Woah, woah!  Wait moment, girl--er, Alida!" he says loudly, sounding concerned.  He kneels down at the same time, holding his left hand up placatingly, blocking you with it at the same time.  The door drifts open a little wider as he continues.

"Stop, stop, tell me what happened!  Slowly."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 17, 2019, 01:55:28 am »

"I don't know what happened.  I was just told that he needed to be warned.  That it was important.  I have to tell him something, and see that he's okay!"

"Are.. are you his friend?.. I just need to see him."

Hold back for a moment.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 17, 2019, 02:07:36 am »

The man seems confused for a moment, and then he sets his jaw and sighs.  "I am as much his friend as he has right now."

He pauses, staring at you seriously.  "...Whatever you're looking for, little girl, now is not the time for looking.  Go home." he says, sounding a little guilty--and then he quickly draws his arm back and shuts the door in the same motion.  You hear the lock click shut a moment later.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 17, 2019, 02:15:21 am »

Hurry behind the house, go into the rear yard, and find a place next to the wall that's at least partially obscured from the windows.  Then roll over onto my back, turn into a wolf, and listen in.  Try to figure out what's going on inside the house.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 17, 2019, 03:40:58 am »

Hurry behind the house, go into the rear yard, and find a place next to the wall that's at least partially obscured from the windows.  Then roll over onto my back, turn into a wolf, and listen in.  Try to figure out what's going on inside the house.

You don't pause long after the man shuts the door in your face, quickly jogging around the left side of the house, and into the backyard.  There's a nice tall fence separating the backyard from the next street over, and a pair of smaller fences separating it from the adjacent backyards, but nobody seems to be outside in either of the adjacent backyards.  Nobody can see you.

[Creativity]

You do a fast side roll to transform into a wolf, and then slowly pace along the back wall of the house, keeping one ear held close to the wall.  You don't hear anything until you pass by a large curtained window, about three-quarters of the way down.  There's someone speaking on the other side, though his voice is muffled.  He's definitely different from the Russian man you met just a moment ago, and he sounds... scared?  You close your eyes and lean closer, trying to focus.

"I was the only one who survived."

He's interrupted by the man you met, who sounds subtly different now--angrier, but happy?  It's hard to tell, through the wall.

"You are lucky man, then!  Everyone else drowns, you survive.  Very lucky!"

There's a pause for a little while, either from them being silent, or quiet, you don't know.

"The girl seemed very desperate to see you.  Larsen's daughter?"
"I don't know."
"Did.  Larsen.  Have a daughter?"
"I don't kn--yes!  Maybe!  He had kids, I don't know, I didn't talk to him much!"

There's another pause after that frightened outburst.  Then you hear the Russian start talking, too quiet to understand.  He grows louder as he continues, his tone dangerous.

"-knew her father.  Yes.  You're very lucky man!  I was going to cut something off, maybe ear, maybe finger, but you said years?"
"Please don't hurt me!  I'll get--"
"Answer!  You said years since your ship sank?!"
"Yes!  Four-I mean three, three years ago!"
"Yes.  Poor girl.  She must have been looking for three years then.  Such a pity, to find you in the end!  Even more a pity to find you in pieces, yes?"
"I'm sorry, I'll--"
"Shut up!  I said, you are lucky man, and your luck holds!  Be happy, you know me, I am nice man!  Right?!"
"Yes!  You're very nice!"
"Yes I am, very nice indeed.  Almost as nice as you are lucky!  You will keep your pieces today, little girl gets to see you nice and whole, world stays innocent for her."
"Thank you, thank you, I'll--"
"Shut up!  Now.  She will be back later, I imagine.  Or maybe tomorrow?  Who knows, within a week, surely.  Yes, after week, I will be back too, and we will discuss this again.  Will you have everything by then?"
"Yes!  I will, I promise!"
"Good!  And you will play nice with little girl?"
"Of course!"
"Good!"

There's a pause, and you hear movement, and then the russian's voice returns, now jovial, without a hint of aggression.  "I look forward to talking with you next week, Cagey!  It is always a pleasure!"

Sounds like the Russian is about to leave, and now you have proof that it's Takeda inside with him.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 17, 2019, 03:57:07 am »

Sidle around to the front door, standing hinge-side.  When the russian leaves, push the door shut with one paw, and knock him to the ground with the other front paw.  Bare my teeth over him, movie-monster style, growl a bit and let some saliva drip.

Then pick him up with my mouth and carry him out of the neighborhood towards the nearest clear area, such as a viaduct or train underpass.  Try not to kill him, and don't move fast enough to drop him.  I'd like to ask this guy some questions.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 04:00:11 am by Devastator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1077 on: August 17, 2019, 02:03:38 pm »

Tooru sighed quietly. She should have known it wasn't going to be that easy. The girl continued to pet Pumsy as she thought about what she should ask next. She had plenty of time to think about it, with her current state of freedom (or lack thereof.) An idea struck her after a few moments. "Pumsy, is there anyone else like you? Or, I dunno, something that looks like you?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 18, 2019, 03:51:45 am »

"Uhm... something that looks like me?  I think there's animals that look like me... but they're not!  I'm always me, and I'm not an animal!  I'm smart, and I can talk!  See?"

He sits up tall and puffs out his chest fluff, clearly proud of his ability to speak.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 19, 2019, 04:36:15 am »

Sidle around to the front door, standing hinge-side.  When the russian leaves, push the door shut with one paw, and knock him to the ground with the other front paw.  Bare my teeth over him, movie-monster style, growl a bit and let some saliva drip.

Then pick him up with my mouth and carry him out of the neighborhood towards the nearest clear area, such as a viaduct or train underpass.  Try not to kill him, and don't move fast enough to drop him.  I'd like to ask this guy some questions.

You wait for a couple seconds, not quite sure if the conversation is over.  Then you hear a door shut, and you're sure--you spring to your paws and start rushing back around the house.  You pause for a moment when you reach the front corner, peeking around to check if there's anyone walking down the street.  You don't have a good view from here, but you do spot one person; an older woman, walking away on the opposite side of the street.  You shake your head and growl a little, chastising yourself--there's no need to be careful about observers right now.  You continue around, and stop right next to the door, listening for the approach of the Russian man.

You don't hear him until the door unlocks, startling you.  You suddenly realize you've made a mistake; the door opens inward, just a few inches, then stops.  You step back quietly while holding your breath, hoping he didn't see you already.  After a tense couple seconds, the door opens wider, and the Russian man steps out.  For the first time, you get a good look at him--he's wearing a light black jacket, though the day isn't cold, and simple gray clothes underneath.  He's notably taller than you thought, standing a good foot taller than you even in your massive wolf form.  He turns to look at you immediately after he steps out, and you both freeze for an instant as you make eye contact, mutually surprised.

[Bravery]

His right hand suddenly shoots for his left side and he starts to say something, though he only gets out "Chto z-agh?!" as you tackle him with both paws, knocking him back.  His shoulder hits the edge of the door, and he's sent into a spin around it, landing heavily on his left side.  His head hits the grass next to the doorstep, and he curses loudly in Russian, immediately moving to push himself back up with his arms.  You move faster.  His jacket's fallen back to reveal a pistol holster below his left armpit, which you grab in your mouth, and start tearing at.  It's harnessed to him tightly, and your thrashing picks him up outright, flinging him about as you shake it around, trying to dislodge the weapon.

The man regains his bearings as you shake him around, and starts shouting for help, while grabbing at your scruff with one hand and punching you with the other.  You slam him into the wall, stunning him again, then change tact, biting at the straps attaching the holster to him.  He screams, and you taste blood, but the straps are severed easily.  He starts punching you again, still screaming for help, but you ignore the weak strikes, and bite at the holster again.  This time, when you yank on it, it comes loose, and he's flung several feet away in the process.

The man lands well, on all fours, and immediately starts scrambling away, but he doesn't have any chance of getting away.  You drive him down into the grass with one heavy paw, then bite at the back of his waist, trying to get a good grip on him.  It doesn't work very well, and you have to try a couple more times as he futilely flails and screams below you.  Your third bite gets good purchase, on both his pants and jacket--probably a fair bit of skin too--and you immediately hoist him up into the air and start running over to the road.

He continues to flail scream for help as you go, and there's several pedestrians around to hear him--but they all start running away as soon as you look at them, screaming with much less coherency.  You sprint away from them, down the sidewalk, struggling to move steadily while unbalanced by his weight and struggling.  You don't know this area well at all, but you figure going anywhere else is better than staying in one spot, so you just run blindly down the sidewalk while keeping an eye out for isolated places.  To your surprise, the man shuts up and stops struggling after only a couple minutes of running, curling up into a less-ungainly ball to boot!

You relax a little, consciously happy that his screaming is no longer alerting everyone even vaugely nearby to your passing... though, a part of you is disappointed.  That part wants him to scream in terror, like a dying animal.  It occurs to you that you can taste his blood, and it is a very nice taste, invigorating and powerful.  You kind of want to bite down harder, make him scream and bleed more, but it's an easy urge to control.

You start taking semi-random turns, trying to navigate out of the residential area by guesswork, and soon you start hearing sirens in the distance.  After that, you mostly just run away from them.  Soon, you're outside of the residential area, and building start getting farther apart, with less activity along the streets, but more cars.  By sheer chance, as the road you're following starts going downhill, you spot a concrete overpass, and run off the road towards the side of it.  You drop the man unceremoniously behind a stone pillar, blocked from the main road, then quickly drop to one side and roll over, transforming back into your human form as you do.  Then you stand up--wobbling a little after all that time spent on four legs--and watch him as he cautiously uncurls and looks around.  His eyes come to rest on you, and he slowly turns over into a sitting position, his back against the concrete pillar.  Fresh blood from bite wounds stains the front of his shirt, but when he speaks, neither his face nor voice betray any pain.  He looks and sounds exhausted more than anything.

"...Hello again, Alida.  Your dog is very well trained."

He looks around at that, confusion crossing his face for a moment before reverting to a neutral frown.  "Fast, too.  Where did it go?"
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 84