Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140329 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #1080 on: August 19, 2019, 08:33:50 am »

"Just you?" It couldn't be that this was the only place with witches and magical girls. "But how to do get around, then? Unless there's just no magical girls anywhere else, or something. Or does someone else handle them?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 19, 2019, 05:34:21 pm »

((Chevaleresse, eh?))

Pumsy shakes his head aggressively.  "Uh-uh!  I handle everything, everywhere!  I'm always me, but I can be in a lot of places at once, so that I can be everywhere I need to be.  Like here, now!"

Pumsy butts his head against your hand, then turns and rubs his neck along your palm.  Before you touch his shoulder, he drops to his side and rolls onto his back, revealing his fuzzy underbelly.  He wriggles around adorably, while giving you an expectant look.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 19, 2019, 09:01:36 pm »

"Thanks for the compliment.  She's nearby, you looked kinda out of it when she put you down over there, probably lost a few minutes."

"Do you feel up for answering some of my questions yet?  Such as your name and who you work for?"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 09:06:40 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 20, 2019, 12:31:06 am »

As you speak, you try to strengthen your connection to Asha, to understand her more clearly.  It works, at first - the vauge sensation of sadness quickly grows more defined.  You can make out a swirl of complex emotions: a general miasma of guilt, darkening her mind except for a slight spark of altruism, directed towards you; a sharp regret, old but painful, like a scab that's been freshly ripped off; and a crushing sense of self-hatred, overpowering everything else.  You gasp as the emotions flow into your mind, confused and overwhelmed by the sudden rush.  You stare into Asha's eyes, not understanding, and then the connection almost entirely ends--you can still sense her mind, so very close, but there's suddenly a wall between the two of you.  She closes her eyse and turns her face away from you.

<That's.. not it.  You can stop worrying.  I can't die.  I wished not to die.>

You can't accept that, she shut you out, but what you already saw was terrible enough!  You ask what's wrong, if she's not worried about death.  She's initially silent, but you keep at it, growing more insistent and worried for your friend.  Eventually, she relents, leaning back against a wall and sliding down into a sitting position.

<That ribbon you have.  It's my sister's.  All my ribbons are.  Claire would always wear it, just like you've been doing, and I keep thinking that you look like her.  You're just a bit older, and your hair...>

She starts to cry now, tears running down her face silenetly as she speaks into your mind.

<Claire was sick, and my parents were sick, and I was sick, and I wished to not die, and I didn't!  But they did!  And I thought my wish was stupid, and I could have wished for them too, but I didn't, so I ran away!  But...  I didn't know then, but I didn't make a bad wish, they didn't have to die!  I didn't have to run away!>

She stops talking, pulling her knees up to her face and hiding it with her hands.  You're too stunned to respond, at first, and then it occurs to you why she's going through this now, just after saving your grandpa.  If her family was sick, and she can heal sick people, then she could have healed her family, instead of leaving them to die.  You watch as the gray-haired girl starts to sob quietly.  She's still blocking you off from her emotions, but you saw enough already to understand.

But... what can you do about it?

Sasha breathes a sigh of relief upon hearing Asha's reply. At least this wasn't her fault, unlike almost everything else that went wrong during this entire day. She wasn't sure if there was anything she could possibly do that would help Asha, but that didn't stop her from trying.

<...If it makes you feel better, you're not only one. Papa...>

Guilt. Regret. Despite not knowing much about Asha's situation, those feelings were all too familiar to her. She herself wasn't sure about what to do, but she thought it might help Asha to know that she wasn't alone in this. After waiting for a moment for Asha to calm down a little, she starts telling her a story.

<...Back in Russia, I had family, or at least something that resembled one. House was crumbling wooden cabin in middle of woods, snow and bugs every day and night. Can barely even remember their faces, I was very young.>

<Papa spent all his energy and time getting enough food for us. When there wasn't enough for everyone, he would go hunting for it. Papa was always there for us. We were all poor, but happy and it was all thanks to him.>

Aleksandra stops for a moment, reminiscing about her life in the motherland. She wipes some tears before continuing.

<One day, Papa was out hunting and I was with him. I don't remember what we were talking about before, but I clearly remember what I said that day:>

<"I wish we weren't so poor, so Papa could spend more time with us instead of working!" Next month, we were on our way to this country. Papa was fired from his last job, but had found job overseas that offered good money. It was miracle, or so I thought.>

She starts trembling, and burries her face in her scarf so that Asha doesn't see her crying. Wasn't she the one who was supossed to be comforting her?

<...H-He's gone now. And it was all my fault. If I hadn't told him about that wish, then Papa... And then, when Pusmy told me I had wish, I...>

Sasha continues crying for a while before calming down enough to think coherently. She lifts her face and forces a smile towards Asha.

<...You're nice person, Asha, and I think I know how you feel. I don't know if there's anything I can do to help, but I promise you: I'll always be there for you, like Papa was always there for me.>
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1084 on: August 20, 2019, 09:09:46 pm »

((Yep. I've been making several changes in my life, username being one of them. I hope this doesn't disrupt anything.))

Tooru obligingly stroked his belly, pondering his answer for a moment. Pumsy could be in multiple places at once; it seemed to be the case before, and now he confirmed it. There had to get a way to get a straight answer out of him about what had happened earlier - not to mention the incident in the park. "Pumsy, how do you grant wishes, anyway? There has to be a reason you don't just go beat up all the witches yourself with all that magic."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 21, 2019, 03:31:41 am »

"Thanks for the compliment.  She's nearby, you looked kinda out of it when she put you down over there, probably lost a few minutes."

"Do you feel up for answering some of my questions yet?  Such as your name and who you work for?"

The man sits and stares at you for a few seconds, his expression empty.  Eventually, he shrugs his shoulders and begins to speak.

"Locally, I am known as 'Knocker'.  It is stupid name, but..." he waves his right hand slowly in the direction you had carried him from.  "...stupid men are afraid of it, and afraid men do fewer stupid things.  As for who I work for, he is Russian man who I know as 'Ty Slaboumnyy'.  I do not know his real name, but you have heard of that one, surely."  He nods, smiling lightly.

"And you?  I gather you are not the Larsen girl, and you do not look like Yakuza.  Government?  Now, what did I step in, to attract such a valuable agent?"

Sasha breathes a sigh of relief upon hearing Asha's reply. At least this wasn't her fault, unlike almost everything else that went wrong during this entire day. She wasn't sure if there was anything she could possibly do that would help Asha, but that didn't stop her from trying.

<...If it makes you feel better, you're not only one. Papa...>

Guilt. Regret. Despite not knowing much about Asha's situation, those feelings were all too familiar to her. She herself wasn't sure about what to do, but she thought it might help Asha to know that she wasn't alone in this. After waiting for a moment for Asha to calm down a little, she starts telling her a story.

<...Back in Russia, I had family, or at least something that resembled one. House was crumbling wooden cabin in middle of woods, snow and bugs every day and night. Can barely even remember their faces, I was very young.>

<Papa spent all his energy and time getting enough food for us. When there wasn't enough for everyone, he would go hunting for it. Papa was always there for us. We were all poor, but happy and it was all thanks to him.>

Aleksandra stops for a moment, reminiscing about her life in the motherland. She wipes some tears before continuing.

<One day, Papa was out hunting and I was with him. I don't remember what we were talking about before, but I clearly remember what I said that day:>

<"I wish we weren't so poor, so Papa could spend more time with us instead of working!" Next month, we were on our way to this country. Papa was fired from his last job, but had found job overseas that offered good money. It was miracle, or so I thought.>

She starts trembling, and burries her face in her scarf so that Asha doesn't see her crying. Wasn't she the one who was supossed to be comforting her?

<...H-He's gone now. And it was all my fault. If I hadn't told him about that wish, then Papa... And then, when Pusmy told me I had wish, I...>

Sasha continues crying for a while before calming down enough to think coherently. She lifts her face and forces a smile towards Asha.

<...You're nice person, Asha, and I think I know how you feel. I don't know if there's anything I can do to help, but I promise you: I'll always be there for you, like Papa was always there for me.>

Asha hugs you after you start crying, but stays silent, until your final statement.  She releases you and backs up a little, sitting back against the wall, still looking depressed.  She won't return your gaze, but you can sense a weakness growing in the wall blocking her emotions from you.  Through it, you can only sense more of the same sadness and self-hatred.

<I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to make you sad too.>

You're about to talk, deny that it's her fault, but then suddenly the emotional wall returns in full force, cutting you off like a slap to the face.  Her voice returns to your head, loud anger masking the sad tone she had been using.

<...I want Claire's ribbon back.  I... I don't like what it does, I don't--I don't like this!  I don't want you feeling my emotions, and I don't want to feel yours anymore!>

Then she reaches out towards your head, for the ribbon in your hair.  She's still crying, but her expression is determined now--though she's visibly struggling to maintain it.

((Yep. I've been making several changes in my life, username being one of them. I hope this doesn't disrupt anything.))

Tooru obligingly stroked his belly, pondering his answer for a moment. Pumsy could be in multiple places at once; it seemed to be the case before, and now he confirmed it. There had to get a way to get a straight answer out of him about what had happened earlier - not to mention the incident in the park. "Pumsy, how do you grant wishes, anyway? There has to be a reason you don't just go beat up all the witches yourself with all that magic."

((Of course not!  I'm just happy one of the changes isn't to reduce your number of RPs, Chevy~))

Pumsy wriggles happily as you pet him.  "I don't have a lot of magic!  You grant your own wishes when you become magical girls, I just...  start things off.  It works really well this way!"

He stops talking as he grabs your wrist with both forepaws, hugging it to his chest and stretching his head down to rub it against your fingers.

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 21, 2019, 09:22:41 pm »

"Bad luck and bad timing, mostly."

"No I'm not government.  It's a bit of a story.  Couple more questions first:

What's your connection with <Insert Alida's father's name here>, and what's your involvement with Mr. Takeda?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 21, 2019, 09:52:33 pm »

He watches you appraisingly while you speak, his expression remaining flat.  His voice remains tired, almost bored, when he responds.

"I've never heard the name 'Larsen' before today.  I have no business with him.  As for Takeda..."  he shrugs his shoulders slightly "He owes money to my boss, and I am the unlucky one who must visit and yell at him until it appears.  If he does not take me seriously, eventually someone will come along and break things, or he will run away and be shot in another country.  I do not know, my job is just to yell at him and try to make him understand where he sits."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 21, 2019, 10:07:54 pm »

"Pretty straightforward then.  How much does he owe, and when does it come due?

..Also, did the captain have any part in this?  I'd expect it was him who owed the most money."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 22, 2019, 01:52:23 am »

"Not so much that he shouldn't be able to pay, considering he still has car and house.  And for time limit, well, that is the boss's patience, and maybe... maybe how much boss needs example.  I don't know how his captain is involved, I am just a messenger, I do not make decisions, I do not get told information to give away."

The russian sighs, leaning his head back against the concrete and closing his eyes.

"...Look, girl.  I don't know what you want, but I don't think this is how to get it.  If you are going to shoot me after this, well, you are stupid.  It will be worse for Takeda, he will be blamed, and he will be asked questions.  And then he will mention visit by some 'Alida Larsen', and that will be investigated.  Will not end well for this girl that you have taken name from.  Or for Larsens, who must exist, if Alida does not."

He opens his eyes, staring emptily up at the concrete above him.

"If you don't kill me, I will have to come up with excuse for why police were called, maybe lose the van, I don't know.  But, nobody will ask Takeda questions, I won't talk about Larsen.  I don't know what you want, but I don't want to get involved.  I just want to go back to my family and be done."

Now he looks back down at you, his expression hard.  "If you want me to answer questions, fine.  But maybe I will think better when I am not bleeding from your dog, yes?  This-" he gingerly touches his chest wound with one finger "-does hurt.  It is distraction, and getting more so as I sit here.  So, can I please go to hospital?  Before I black out, and you get to choose between driving me there or leaving me to die on this road?"

...His wound doesn't really look that bad, but blood is staining most of his shirt now.  You're... actually, you're not sure how bad that is for a normal person.  In the last couple weeks you've seen much worse, but then everything you've seen was either on monsters or magical girls.  Maybe he is dying just from that?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 22, 2019, 02:25:46 am »

Alida sighs, this is all so complicated!  Maybe I should have been sneakier.

"I'm in this for revenge.  Not against you, against Takeda.  I think maybe he killed my dad on that ship.

Was worried you were there to kill him!  It was a ship.  Could have been millions, could have been insurance, could have been anything."

"I just want to talk to him, and find out what really happened.  And if he killed my dad.. well, maybe it's a good thing that he's paying a bunch of money.  But maybe he needs something worse to happen."

"So.. I'm going to talk to him soon.  And then I maybe want to talk to someone who does know something on your side, just so I don't wreck a guy who owes you millions.  But blood comes before money.. and if he killed dad, he should know who he killed, not just feel it was a name or some guy he barely knew."

"Do you have a number?  I'll call you after talking to Takeda, and we go from there.  Maybe never see each other again, things will be fine.  I just let him live to pay your money and show him that he killed someone who wasn't just a name, who was a real person."

Let the guy go.  Try to get a number.  Takeda can probably wait for a bit for things to cool down.
..Don't TF in front of him, but after splitting up, make sure he sees wolf again, just as a reminder.
Head home.  In human form.  Avoid Takeda's place on the way.

Just.. during the evening try to get some sleep and be optimistic about tomorrow.  and maybe try to sleep as a wolf if there's room on the floor?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Whatever happens, I should be strong enough to protect my family, after all.  And the next witch isn't going to stand a chance.  And being a werewolf is fun!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 02:10:23 am by Devastator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1091 on: August 22, 2019, 02:46:34 pm »

"Huh. . ." So Pumsy acted like a sort of... magical key, unlocking power they had all along? But, that also meant that they could become witches. Magical girls were needed to fight witches, but... Tooru frowned, her petting of Pumsy slowing for a moment as another piece slid into place in her head. "Why do you do it, anyway?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 26, 2019, 04:20:58 am »

Alida sighs, this is all so complicated!  Maybe I should have been sneakier.

"I'm in this for revenge.  Not against you, against Takeda.  I think maybe he killed my dad on that ship.

Was worried you were there to kill him!  It was a ship.  Could have been millions, could have been insurance, could have been anything."

"I just want to talk to him, and find out what really happened.  And if he killed my dad.. well, maybe it's a good thing that he's paying a bunch of money.  But maybe he needs something worse to happen."

"So.. I'm going to talk to him soon.  And then I maybe want to talk to someone who does know something on your side, just so I don't wreck a guy who owes you millions.  But blood comes before money.. and if he killed dad, he should know who he killed, not just feel it was a name or some guy he barely knew."

"Do you have a number?  I'll call you after talking to Takeda, and we go from there.  Maybe never see each other again, things will be fine.  I just let him live to pay your money and show him that he killed someone who wasn't just a name, who was a real person."

Let the guy go.  Try to get a number.  Takeda can probably wait for a bit for things to cool down.
..Don't TF in front of him, but after splitting up, make sure he sees wolf again, just as a reminder.
Head home.  In human form.  Avoid Takeda's place on the way.

Just.. during the evening try to get some sleep and be optimistic about tomorrow.  and maybe try to sleep as a wolf if there's room on the floor?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Whatever happens, I should be strong enough to protect my family, after all.  And the next witch isn't going to stand a chance.  And being a werewolf is fun!

The man just lays back as you talk, closing his eyes and occasionally nodding slightly.  After you ask him for a number, he pauses, then begins to slowly recite a phone number, which you hastily copy onto your own phone.  You read it back to him and he confirms that it's correct, audibly annoyed, before asking if that's all.  You say that it is, and he sighs, before pulling out his own phone, and calling someone.

You start walking away as he begins talking in Russian, presumably asking whoever he called to come pick him up.  You pause just after you walk around the corner, listening to what he says, but you can't understand any of it.  At least your name isn't coming up.  You wait there for a little while, thinking about whether you really should just leave him here without doing anything--he's definitely a dangerous person, even if he doesn't seem to know anything.  And... he does have your name, now, which is more than you can say for him.

You nod to yourself, deciding a little bit of extra intimidation can't hurt.  You move further past the corner, then jump and do a quick flip, shifting into your wolf form.  Then you creep back along the wall to the corner, peeking around just barely to look at the man.  He immediately notices you, and stops speaking mid-sentence.  The two of you stare at each other for several long seconds, and then you slip back behind the wall, turning and running away.  You'd laugh, if you could.

It doesn't take long to get home, and for once there's nobody there to greet you; Eva's out with some of the older kids, and the younger ones are all asleep or distracted.  This means that you get to spend the rest of the evening lazily, without any obligations or guilt about doing nothing--you already did so much today!  Just thinking about it makes you feel a little giddy.  That man was extremely dangerous, a hardened criminal, but he was scared of you!  You need to thank Aleksandra the next time you see her, her wish has worked out so well.

You're thinking about that as you get ready for bed, and then a thought occurs to you.  You don't know if there's a maximum amount of time that you can spend as a wolf, and you can't just stay transformed for an entire day... but you can sleep as a wolf.  And considering how fluffy you are as a wolf, it'll probably be super comfy, too.  Why not try it?

You check your lock just to be safe, then slowly get down onto the floor, rolling slowly, so that you don't make a loud sound when landing as a wolf.  Then, once you're quadrupedal, you curl up just behind your door, which is the only part of the floor with enough space for you to fit comfortably.  You were right; even sleeping directly on the hard floor, you feel like you're on a plush pillow that's waaay more comfortable than your bed's old mattress.  Sleep comes quickly, and with it, dreams of running through forests and chasing evil Russian mobsters...

((Alida timeskip done, so she's on pause now, I suppose.))

"Huh. . ." So Pumsy acted like a sort of... magical key, unlocking power they had all along? But, that also meant that they could become witches. Magical girls were needed to fight witches, but... Tooru frowned, her petting of Pumsy slowing for a moment as another piece slid into place in her head. "Why do you do it, anyway?"

He pauses his antics to stare at you, tilting his head curiously.  "Why... do I do it...?" he repeats slowly.  "Uhhh... I don't know, why do humans do things?  I'm supposed to grant girls wishes, and it makes them happy, and there's more magical girls, and I get to play with you too!" he says cheerily, before hugging your hand again, and running his cheek along your palm.  "Humans usually don't pay attention to me, but all magical girls do!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1093 on: August 26, 2019, 03:54:53 pm »

Well, that was unhelpful. Tooru scratched his cheek as she continued to ponder how to get the information she needed without Pumsy running off. "Is it possible for something to, I don't know, lie to magic or something?" She thought back to the incident in the park. "I know you can use magic to make illusions and stuff, but is there a such thing as an illusion that fools magic?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 29, 2019, 06:31:41 am »

Well, that was unhelpful. Tooru scratched his cheek as she continued to ponder how to get the information she needed without Pumsy running off. "Is it possible for something to, I don't know, lie to magic or something?" She thought back to the incident in the park. "I know you can use magic to make illusions and stuff, but is there a such thing as an illusion that fools magic?"

Pumsy rubs into your scratchs, making happy noises.  "Mmmm... that's a weird question..." is all he says at first, and you're about to continue prodding him when he rolls to his feet, and then sits down, staring at you as he continues to speak.  "I don't think you can lie to magic, or... well..."  he gaze drops to his paws, and he extends his claws, dragging one paw along the wooden floor.  "You can't lie to wood, right?  Or light?  Magic is just stuff, that's more... stuffy than the stuff humans are used to!  But it's still just stuff." he says in an almost patronizing tone as he looks back up at you.  "Some magical girls like Mina can make illusions, magic that looks like other magic, or like less-stuffy stuff, but those girls are also better at seeing things, and can see what illusions actually are, even when they didn't make them.  So, magic can kinda lie to some magical things, like witches or magical girls, but only because they don't see magic as well as the people making the illusions, right?  It's like... ummm... it's like if you're bad at seeing magic, someone okay at magic could make something that you think is something else, but if you had better sight you could see that it's just a simple trick, and someone who's really really good at magic would see the trick right away, and could make illusions that are even better than the okay person, and trick them too, and also anyone worse than them, even if they would never get caught by a trick like that themselves."

He pauses a moment, then tilts his head to the side, cautiously asking "...Does that make sense?"
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 84