Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140316 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #1140 on: March 03, 2020, 09:42:49 pm »

I.. don't think I'm too late.  I got here fast!

<Is anyone else coming, Pumsy?  Sasha?  Asha?>

..I don't want to go in alone, but I don't want to let Tooru be alone.  But I don't want the others to not be able to find me when I go in.

I think there are at least two ways in.  There should be a big entrance somewhere underground that'll take me into the bowels of the stadium.  That might put me closer to where the witch is.

..but most of the people probably came in at the normal, people entrance.  If I go in there, I should be closer to Tooru and the other people who must be here too.

I should split up to cover more ground.  I can protect the people at the entrance, make sure they get away, and watch for the others.  I can also go explore too, not waste much time.

Activate Effigy to make two more copies of me.  Take just a moment to look at the giant wolf I am.  Then have one body change back.  With this one, try to find a phone to call the police.

The second body will stay as a wolf, and go in the main stadium entrance.  Once in, howl so that Tooru will know where I am.

The main body, the one with the soul gem, should stay near the entrance, to keep the soul gem as near both bodies as possible.  She'll turn back to human once Pumsy is in the labrynth, and try to guide the people out and talk to the police if necessary.  Do try to keep a tight hold on that cat, though..  I don't want to be alone in this labrynth, no matter how many extra bodies there are running around.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 04:17:21 am by Devastator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1141 on: March 08, 2020, 09:34:23 am »

Tooru glanced frantically between the foes on the field and her family. Logically, she had to keep moving forward; her family should be fine if she dealt with the witch quickly enough, and any time she spent going back would be time she wasn't searching for a way around the swarm of familiars.

Tooru, however, was not a logical person. Fear overwhelmed reason, and she turned around and made a mad dash upward, trying to get to her family and free them, get them off the benches before they were trapped, or failing that destroy the cuffs on them when she got there. "No, no, no, please. . ." she said under her breath as she moved, as if the witch would listen to her pleading.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 08, 2020, 09:37:28 am »

((She probably can hear Tooru, and will use this information to emotionally destroy her enemy~
Probably.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 11, 2020, 12:36:51 pm »

I.. don't think I'm too late.  I got here fast!

<Is anyone else coming, Pumsy?  Sasha?  Asha?>

..I don't want to go in alone, but I don't want to let Tooru be alone.  But I don't want the others to not be able to find me when I go in.

I think there are at least two ways in.  There should be a big entrance somewhere underground that'll take me into the bowels of the stadium.  That might put me closer to where the witch is.

..but most of the people probably came in at the normal, people entrance.  If I go in there, I should be closer to Tooru and the other people who must be here too.

I should split up to cover more ground.  I can protect the people at the entrance, make sure they get away, and watch for the others.  I can also go explore too, not waste much time.

Activate Effigy to make two more copies of me.  Take just a moment to look at the giant wolf I am.  Then have one body change back.  With this one, try to find a phone to call the police.

The second body will stay as a wolf, and go in the main stadium entrance.  Once in, howl so that Tooru will know where I am.

The main body, the one with the soul gem, should stay near the entrance, to keep the soul gem as near both bodies as possible.  She'll turn back to human once Pumsy is in the labrynth, and try to guide the people out and talk to the police if necessary.  Do try to keep a tight hold on that cat, though..  I don't want to be alone in this labrynth, no matter how many extra bodies there are running around.

<I don't know!  I found Sasha, but nobody is coming yet, I don't know why!>

You growl in annoyance--Pumsy wriggling in your mouth at the noise--and sprint over to the entrance.  Just like the other labyrinths you've seen, the entrance is blocked by a featureless, depthless blackness.  Even without trying to, you can sense the choking misery flowing out of it.  It's repulsive to you, and makes you pause despite yourself.  This labyrinth is much worse than the others you've been inside, you can just tell.

Backing off a bit, you split into three bodies.  You turn and inspect yourselves, your worry being washed away.  Each of your bodies is at least six feet tall at the shoulder now, and looks like it ought to be hunting cars.  Your jaws are still far larger and toothier than normal wolves.  You wonder if you actually could rip vehicles apart with just your teeth.  You certainly could with magic.

...You shake your secondary bodies' heads, clearing your mind.  One of them transforms back into a human, and then falls over as soon as it takes a step.  It is extremely disorientating to control both a human body and wolf bodies at the same time.  Still, you manage to get back up with some difficulty, and send your human body out into the parking lot.  There's... still no people out here, so you start checking windows to see if somebody left their phone in their car.  You don't find any before you remember your own phone, sitting in your pocket.  Pulling it out, it... seems to be entirely functional?  Despite the fact that you turned into a wolf, then cloned yourself, and then this clone turned back into a human?

You decide not to think about it and call the police, while your other two bodies are still standing and staring at the labyrinth's entrance nearby.  While the phone rings, you send your other clone through the shadowy entrance of the labyrinth, where it... immediately disappears.  Or--that's not quite correct, it feels like your body just stopped existing the moment it passed through the barrier.  Or at least it stopped being where you felt it should be; it's a difficult sensation to describe, like the feeling of not having wings.  In any case, you can't see anything inside the labyrinth.

The police finally pick up.  The operator calmly asks you what your emergency is.

Tooru glanced frantically between the foes on the field and her family. Logically, she had to keep moving forward; her family should be fine if she dealt with the witch quickly enough, and any time she spent going back would be time she wasn't searching for a way around the swarm of familiars.

Tooru, however, was not a logical person. Fear overwhelmed reason, and she turned around and made a mad dash upward, trying to get to her family and free them, get them off the benches before they were trapped, or failing that destroy the cuffs on them when she got there. "No, no, no, please. . ." she said under her breath as she moved, as if the witch would listen to her pleading.[i/][/i][/i]

You start panting as you sprint back up the stairs.  The air is getting hotter, and drier, under the searing light from above.  Hot enough that you're already starting to feel tired, running up the stairs.  This realization only redoubles your worry for your family--you don't think you've felt physically tired ever since you became a magical girl.  Certainly not with your soul gem as bright as it is.

[Bravery]
[Love]

Your fears are confirmed when you reach them.  Taro and your father are sweating profusely, doubled over in their seats.  Luckily, neither has been handcuffed, and with some difficulty you drag them off of the stone bench.  You leave them both laying on the stone stairs.  Neither is moving, they're just laying there, Taro quietly groaning.  They aren't responding when you shake them and yell at them, trying to make them get up and move.  You don't know what to do; you can't carry your father, and even carrying Taro would weigh you down a lot.

Water starts flowing down the stairs, startling you.  It's a shallow stream, clear and cool, and your family relaxes as it washes around them.  You look up from them, confused, and see a man seated nearby, handcuffed to his bench.  His clothes are damp from sweat, and he's staring at the stream only a few feet away.  His expression is slack, like the rest of the audience, but you can see the clear desperation in his eyes.  Some unseen force is keeping the water from overflowing the stairs, keeping it away from his feet.  This place is designed to torture.

You lift your eyes further, looking at the top rim of the stadium, where the stairs end.  The stream's source isn't visible, but... there's more of the white armored knights.  Two stand at the top of the stairs, holding enormous bows that are almost as tall as them.  Neither is moving, but they stand ready.  You turn in place, looking around the rest of the stadium, and with a sinking feeling you confirm that the scene is repeated at every set of stairs.  A small stream washing to the bottom, guarded by a pair of archers at the top.

The patriotic music swells, and you look to the bottom of the stadium.  The procession of knights has ended, and they stand in two parallel rows, forming a corridor from the tunnel they left, to the center of the field.  About twenty of them, in all, a number that might be doubled by the archers.  A small army.  As you watch, another knight steps out of the archway, but this one is different.  Its armor is a dark metallic gray, but shines brightly in the blazing light.  It steps gracefully onto the dirt of the field without leaving any marks, unlike the other knights who have sunk down to their knees.  Even so, this one is clearly much larger; it has to bend down as it exits the tunnel, and once it rises up to its full height, the knights flanking it on either side barely come up to its chest.

The large knight stops once it is outside the tunnel, slowly looking all around.  While most of its armor's design matches the rest of the knights, its helmet is different.  It still conceals everything, but there is an ornate crown built into the top, thin spires of jagged metal twisting around and through each other, all ending in hornlike points aimed at the sky.  The witch.

She nods once, then begins walking down the pathway her familiars have formed.  Even from this distance, it's apparent how smoothly she moves; there's a liquid grace to her walk, she moves in a continual flow that has an almost unreal quality to it.  It's slow, deliberate, yet your eyes can't entirely follow it.

((RGU requested to rejoin the game, and seeing as basically nothing has happened since he left, I don't have any issue with that.  This part describes what's happened to Aleksandra since her last appearance.))

Aleksandra tried to refuse Asha's request, wanting to keep the girl's ribbon herself, as a memory if nothing else.  Asha would not relent.  She said that she hated the connection it made between them--she didn't want Aleksandra to be able to sense her thoughts and feelings.  She didn't want Aleksandra to see what she was.  She wanted to be alone.  Even after relinquishing the ribbon, Aleksandra still couldn't cheer her friend up.  On the contrary, her attempts to reach out seemed to only make the girl angrier; Asha ranted about how they were only together because of Pumsy choosing to force them together.  That Aleksandra didn't know her, couldn't know her, and that it was best for everyone if she never did.

And then she left, leaving Aleksandra alone in her little hideaway on the top floor of the dilapidated mansion, where nobody could find her.  It took an entire day before Aleksandra left the room, her nature as a magical girl leaving her without hunger or thirst to drag her out of her misery.  When she did finally leave, it was only a short venture to check on her grandfather--to ensure that Asha really did heal him.  He was as healthy as she could remember seeing him, but she fled back to her sanctuary rather than talk to him.

The next night, Aleksandra left her home to search for Asha.  Or Tooru.  Or Alida.  Any of the others who she had fought with, any of the others who had been there when Mina died.  She found nobody, even with her magical senses.  She felt abandoned; even Pumsy hadn't appeared to her ever since that horrible night, and she knew her grandfather would never believe her if she were to tell him.  So she returned home, and sat curled up in the corner of her hideaway, thinking about her father.  If only he were still there, he would listen to her.  He would know that she wouldn't make these stories up.  And he would know what to do.  He always knew what to do; he never broke down, or hid away from his problems, he could always came up with solutions to everything.  Aleksandra wished desperately that he could have taught her how, before he disappeared.  Or died.

Then her thoughts turned to Mina, who she knew must have had parents.  Mina was clearly well taken care of, she had parents, with money.  Maybe siblings.  To them, she just disappeared, without a trace, just like Aleksandra's father had.  Nobody would ever find Mina's body, nobody would ever reports her death.  Unless one of the other magical girls did, and even then... there had been so many people lured into the labyrinth, and none of the girls had known their names.  They disappeared too, without a trace, and none of their families would ever know why.  Some of the people had been saved before even entering the labyrinth, Asha had healed some, but most of those people just died.  For no reason at all, just because a witch cursed them.  Maybe that was what happened to Aleksandra's father.

That thought was what finally brought a spark back to Aleksandra.  The thought that a witch might have killed her father.  It started a fire inside the young girl, a deep, powerful feeling.  Far more powerful than the depression that had seemed overwhelming over the last few days.  She left her sanctuary once again after that, to see her grandfather.  She knew she still couldn't talk to him about what had happened to her, so instead she asked him to tell her stories of war.  She insisted that he tell her the worst stories, about soldiers fighting and dying, and eventually, he did.  He told her about boys too young to know what their lives were worth, rushing into battle against monsters who cut them down like animals.  He told her about heroes fighting against impossible odds even as they breathed their last.  And most importantly, he told her of how bad things could have been, if those soldiers hadn't fought.  He told her that all the death, and pain, had been worth it.  Every death on the battlefield was a death that had saved countless others who could sleep easy at night only because of those sacrifices.

The stories, in a way, let Aleksandra deal with Mina's death, and Asha's disappearance.  Mina died trying to save them, and the victims of the witch.  Asha, wherever she was, wouldn't stop trying to save people, either.  All magical girls were like those soldiers, in Aleksandra's mind.  Trying desperately to save the lives of those they love, and of the people who would otherwise just disappear, lost and forgotten.  Heroes, doing their best to correct the injustices of an unjust world.  She would be like them, and she would train to survive, and succeed, where others had failed.

Over the next week, she still had many low spots.  She still spent much of her time hidden away, wishing that she didn't have to deal with everything that had happened.  That her father was still there with her, that nobody had to fight.  But when she could, she would muster her courage to think, practice, and train for the next labyrinth.  So that next time, everyone would be able to go back home to their families.

Though it had taken much insistence and pleading, her grandfather had eventually taught her how to disassemble and care for his rifle--and hers, though she couldn't tell him that she felt that way.  Since then, it has become something of a meditative ritual for her.  She's taken to tearing down and rebuilding the gun repeatedly when she's feeling hopeless, as a kind of symbol of what she can do.  Rebuild the world?  Break down and come back together?  She's not entirely sure, really, but it helps her calm down.  Today, this meditation is interrupted by Pumsy--the first time he's appeared to Aleksandra since that night.  He comes in a panic, saying that Tooru has been trapped in a witch's labyrinth, and that Aleksandra needs to come, because Alida is the only other magical girl who is coming, and the witch is far more dangerous than the last one had been.  Its labyrinth is a deathtrap, especially for only two separated magical girls.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 11, 2020, 08:42:20 pm »

Stoopid kitten.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 12, 2020, 02:11:11 am »

I really gotta thank Sasha.  I don't think I could face another five story glass monster, but this wolf-body should be easily able to handle familiars.

Alida breathes in and out for a moment.

"Yeah, I'm at the stadium at XXX, and there's something wrong here.  I think maybe the beer's bad or something?  There's people here, and they just look horribly drunk, like they can't stand up and move right."

She then hangs up the phone.  Hopefully they'll be able to take the people pushed out away from the labrynth.  Hopefully the cops won't head in and make more victims.  Hopefully.

After the call, head in.  Human body, with the soul-gem wolf body immediately after it.

Correction.  Have the human body ride the wolf body with the soulgem, and enter the labrynth.  If I can find my club, have the riding body wield it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 04:05:58 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 12, 2020, 07:23:23 pm »

Aleksandra reverently leaves the disassembled rifle on her makeshift shrine, and turns towards the tiger cub.

"...So, finally decided to show up."

In a way, everything bad that happened was Pumsy's fault. Seeing that she no longer needed food or water, things could only end in two ways: She would either die or eventually turn into the very thing she was meant to destroy.  While magical girls are the only ones capable of fighting witches, they were also the source of them. It was almost like some sort of twisted joke.

She didn't regret making her wish. It was so ridiculous, but at that moment she just didn't care anymore. Mina was dead, Asha was gone and Pumsy had disappeared without a word and only came back when he needed her help with another witch. A witch that probably used to be a girl just like her, and made a wish with no idea about what would happen. Pusmy was asking for her to clean the mess he made.

In the end, it didn't really matter. It was far too late and nothing could be done now. The witch was beyond saving and not even a wish could bring back the dead. But Tooru was in danger and Alida needed support. The only thing she could do was fight for the sake of those who were still alive. They were soldiers in a war only they could fight. Because if they didn't, who would?

Sasha sighs. If she tried to discuss with Pusmy, he would probably waste precious seconds and not explain anything.

"Just... Just tell me where to go, please. There's no time to waste."

Aleksandra focused on her soul gem, trying to summon a copy of grandpa's rifle with a sling to carry on her back, and changing to her combat outfit. After swapping the full magazine from the original rifle to the copy, she lifts Pumsy with her hands and leaves her "home" through the hideout's window, asking him for directions while sprinting to the labyrinth.

Hopefully, this day wouldn't be as bad as the last time.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1147 on: March 14, 2020, 03:28:43 pm »

Tooru took deep breaths, trying to stay calm. She had to do something, but that something was less than obvious. If she went down to attack the witch now, she would almost certainly be overwhelmed. The same story held true for if she started with the archers up here, with the added bonus of putting everyone in the stands in danger as the witch's minions shot at her. It was hard to think with the panic gripping her mind. <I-Is there anyone there? I can't do this by myself, and m-my family is here, I don't know what to do.> With a witch appearing like this, another magical girl had to be on her way, right?

She looked around. Maybe she could lure the witch's familiars into a narrow space or something, away from people. Tooru searched the immediate area, looking for a hallway back into the indoor part of the stadium that wasn't blocked off by familiars.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: May 20, 2020, 02:22:07 pm »

I really gotta thank Sasha.  I don't think I could face another five story glass monster, but this wolf-body should be easily able to handle familiars.

Alida breathes in and out for a moment.

"Yeah, I'm at the stadium at XXX, and there's something wrong here.  I think maybe the beer's bad or something?  There's people here, and they just look horribly drunk, like they can't stand up and move right."

She then hangs up the phone.  Hopefully they'll be able to take the people pushed out away from the labrynth.  Hopefully the cops won't head in and make more victims.  Hopefully.

After the call, head in.  Human body, with the soul-gem wolf body immediately after it.

Correction.  Have the human body ride the wolf body with the soulgem, and enter the labrynth.  If I can find my club, have the riding body wield it.

"Okay, please stay on the phone.  How many pe--"

You hang up before the operator can finish their question.  You can't afford to waste any more time, especially not with questions that don't matter anyway.  You drop your phone back into your pocket as you race back to the entrance of the stadium.  You crouch low with your wolf body just before you reach it, and hop onto your own back smoothly.  You've never ridden yourself before, and the sensation is... strange.  A human body's weight is awkward and a little uncomfortable on your wolf spine, even through all your thick fluff.  On the other hand, from the perspective of your  human body, the feeling is absolutely awesome.  Especially when you stand up on all four legs, you can feel the raw power of the apex predator under you.

Pumsy complains as you take your first few steps towards the pitch black entrance of the labyrinth, screaming for you to let go of him.  He struggles intensely as you get close, and you bite down a bit harder to keep your grip.  Dimly, you realize that he doesn't have any bones under his flesh--he just squishes down like a tough pillow--and then you're passing through the labyrinth.

[Creativity]
[Joy]

The room you find yourself in is dark, almost too dark to see, but between your two pairs of eyes you can mostly make out your surroundings.  You can feel rough stone brickwork under your feet, and the ceiling is low enough that you painfully knock your human head against it when you straighten up.  It's too dark to tell what's to either side of you, but the far wall of the room--and the only light source--is only about fifteen or twenty feet away or so.  It's a passageway onto a tan brick ramp leading upwards, a yellow light streaming down from above, though you can't see anything aside from the sharp incline.

Two forms stir on either side of the exit as you enter, though you only notice them as they begin to move towards you a second later.  Tall, albeit still less than your combined height, and pale.  Humanoid, except for long poles connecting their hands.

And fast.  In two strides they cover half the distance of the room, and the one on your right begins to sweep its pole at your canine head.  You respond on pure reflex, dropping to the floor and rolling to your right, sending your human body flying through the darkness.  You return to your paws as your body lands with a roll, turning over a few times before you reach another wall.  You'd be completely disoriented if it weren't for Pumsy's continual screaming wail, making it blindingly obvious where your wolf body is.

Both familiars recover just as fast as you, the nearer one already bringing its white glaive around for another sweeping attack, while the one just behind and beside it aims its halberd at your wolf body, beginning a charge.

Tooru took deep breaths, trying to stay calm. She had to do something, but that something was less than obvious. If she went down to attack the witch now, she would almost certainly be overwhelmed. The same story held true for if she started with the archers up here, with the added bonus of putting everyone in the stands in danger as the witch's minions shot at her. It was hard to think with the panic gripping her mind. <I-Is there anyone there? I can't do this by myself, and m-my family is here, I don't know what to do.> With a witch appearing like this, another magical girl had to be on her way, right?

She looked around. Maybe she could lure the witch's familiars into a narrow space or something, away from people. Tooru searched the immediate area, looking for a hallway back into the indoor part of the stadium that wasn't blocked off by familiars.

"Search the immediate area, looking for a hallway back into the indoor part of the stadium, that isn't blocked off by familiars."

((FYI, because even I forgot about this last update, Tooru can force Close Combat at level 0.  This only grants her "average healthy adult strength", and still costs minor, but I'm gonna rule that it's enough to avoid needing a bravery roll to drag her two family members.  And with Mob III, even a very slow drag is quite fast.))

You frantically start to look around for an escape route that isn't blocked by familiars or the witch.  You could fight your way past them, probably, but not while dragging your father.  And you can't leave him here, either!  The top of the staircase isn't an option--there's two archers up there, and even if you took them you'd be easy prey for some of the other archers.  The stands to either side of you don't have many people, making a fairly clear path, all the entrances onto the stands seem to have disappeared during the labyrinth's transformation, and you don't know if those shackles will try to grab you if you cross the benches.  That leaves down, towards the witch...

...There is cover down there, now that you consider it.  The tunnel that the witch and her parade of knights came from, on the north edge of the field, isn't the only entrance onto the field.  There's another to the south, to the west, and you would assume there's a fourth on the east edge, below you.  There's no knights between you and the field, so it's a straight run, though you'd have no cover from the archers, if they notice you, and that's true no matter what direction you flee in.  It's still a terrible option, you might have better chances going up.  You'd be forced into a fight, but it's a shorter distance, and is farther from the witch.  Maybe you should--

<TOORU!  HELP!>

Pumsy's telepathic scream interrupts your thoughts, the sudden sensation of pure terror halting your breath.  A moment later, you're hit by another sensation--one far larger and more powerful, yet deeply subtle and difficult to describe at the same time.  It's like a shockwave reverberating through the air, as if a bomb had gone off in the center of the stadium.  You look at the source, and your stress builds.  The witch stopped moving.  All her knights are frozen.  Including the archers.  Every single one of them has turned to look at the southern edge of the stadium field, where a ramp leads down into darkness.

It seems you weren't the only one to hear Pumsy's scream.

Aleksandra reverently leaves the disassembled rifle on her makeshift shrine, and turns towards the tiger cub.

"...So, finally decided to show up."

In a way, everything bad that happened was Pumsy's fault. Seeing that she no longer needed food or water, things could only end in two ways: She would either die or eventually turn into the very thing she was meant to destroy.  While magical girls are the only ones capable of fighting witches, they were also the source of them. It was almost like some sort of twisted joke.

She didn't regret making her wish. It was so ridiculous, but at that moment she just didn't care anymore. Mina was dead, Asha was gone and Pumsy had disappeared without a word and only came back when he needed her help with another witch. A witch that probably used to be a girl just like her, and made a wish with no idea about what would happen. Pusmy was asking for her to clean the mess he made.

In the end, it didn't really matter. It was far too late and nothing could be done now. The witch was beyond saving and not even a wish could bring back the dead. But Tooru was in danger and Alida needed support. The only thing she could do was fight for the sake of those who were still alive. They were soldiers in a war only they could fight. Because if they didn't, who would?

Sasha sighs. If she tried to discuss with Pusmy, he would probably waste precious seconds and not explain anything.

"Just... Just tell me where to go, please. There's no time to waste."

Aleksandra focused on her soul gem, trying to summon a copy of grandpa's rifle with a sling to carry on her back, and changing to her combat outfit. After swapping the full magazine from the original rifle to the copy, she lifts Pumsy with her hands and leaves her "home" through the hideout's window, asking him for directions while sprinting to the labyrinth.

Hopefully, this day wouldn't be as bad as the last time.

"Just follow me!  Hurry!"

Ugh.  Exactly as unhelpful as you expected.  You glance over the disassembled rifle in front of you, before sighing and summoning a perfectly assembled copy of it into your hands.  You pick up the real rifle's magazine, and rock it into the fake rifle with a satisfying click.  Then you sling the weapon over your shoulder and pick Pumsy up, open your window into broad daylight, and leap out.  This time, you don't even need to climb down; you jump all the way down from the third story and land without difficulty.  You look behind you at the porch, momentarily someone might have seen you--but nobody's outside.  That's unsurprising, your grandpa's the only one who likes the outdoors, the rest of your "family" prefers to spend their free time lazing around in the dark mansion.

You shake your head and ask Pumsy which direction to go.  He points back at the mansion with his snout.  You sigh and ignore his direction, running down the road to the first intersection, then turning to follow his lead once you have a clear path down the sidewalk.  The rest of your path to the labyrinth follows a similar pattern; Pumsy sends you in a direction, but you divert and find easier pathways that don't require you to break any laws or climb anything with your rifle on your back.  You do pass a lot of pedestrians, but you run too fast for them to stand any chance of identifying you, even if they did recognize that you're holding a weapon.  You run faster than any of the cars on the roads, in fact, though you still stick to the sidewalks.

Your ultimate destination turns out to be a moderately large stadium in the southwestern outskirts of the city.  As you walk into the parking lot, you're struck by just how dead the place feels.  There's nobody here at all, there aren't even any pedestrians walking past, or cars driving past.  There's no sound in the air aside from your own breath, even though you know for a fact that you should be able to hear the general bustle of the city at this time of day.  Pumsy wriggles out of your grasp and hops down onto the ground, stating that this is it, the labyrinth is just ahead.  He says Tooru is probably inside, and in danger, you need to save her.

You lower the safety on your assault rifle and rack a round into the chamber.  It's a comforting sound.

((Next update next week.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: May 20, 2020, 06:48:27 pm »

Is there no sign of the third body?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 20, 2020, 08:07:04 pm »

Thanks for the update!~

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 21, 2020, 12:48:51 am »

Drop Pumsy.  I now need to free my mouth to fight.

Change the second body to wolf-form.

Have it start howling with DwR, while attacking the familiars with both bodies.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 05:44:43 am by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 21, 2020, 09:09:34 am »

Spoiler: Sandra Thompson (click to show/hide)
(ok, it will be here in case someone turns into a witch. At least I will be able to watch)
((Sorry for bumping the thread, but I made some edits since last time and learned how spoilers work since then. If this isn’t enough background tell me and I will add more))
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 84