Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140591 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #1200 on: August 01, 2020, 03:48:33 pm »

((I'd worry about getting pinned in place. Painless doesn't prevent that, I think. The mud seems like an issue even with Mob 3, I think to have great odds of not getting hit you'd need mob 3 as well as Immaculate Soul to counter the mud, and constantly keep moving. Probably safe enough if you keep cc iv active.))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 01, 2020, 04:18:42 pm »

((CC is to prevent getting pinned to something.  I want to have that active every turn when fighting))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 01, 2020, 04:21:16 pm »

Then I'd think that CC 4, if you have it active constantly, should give you the strength and reflexes to just block the missiles. Might be hard to melee fight at the sane time, though. Maybe try to draw fire while Sasha headshots the snipers?))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 01, 2020, 04:54:41 pm »

(( I'm thinking about going after the knights among the crowd, first, since they're a bit closer. Maybe working my way up to the snipers. The posts seemed to make a point of what they're doing to the people. Maybe it's to give the witch power. ))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 01, 2020, 10:08:27 pm »

((Yeah, knocking out a couple snipers might be an idea.  I mean, the javelins are in front of you, but will they stop you from going up instead?

And as for fight and parry.. two bodies!  I'm sure woof can fight/dodge while the human parries/fights.))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 10:18:11 pm by Devastator »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 04, 2020, 10:51:15 pm »

(( I think I have a turn ready. I was kinda waiting to see what Tooru does, though, just in case I think I need to run over to her after all. ))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 05, 2020, 11:22:05 am »

((You can always edit the action, I tend to update pretty slowly, and likely won't be improving that, this month.  You can also put in as many conditionals as you like, I rarely have trouble with them.  Either way, posting earlier is helpful, since it lets me start thinking about what will happen, sooner.))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 05, 2020, 11:44:18 am »

((You can always edit the action, I tend to update pretty slowly, and likely won't be improving that, this month.  You can also put in as many conditionals as you like, I rarely have trouble with them.  Either way, posting earlier is helpful, since it lets me start thinking about what will happen, sooner.))
(( Here's something that'll inform my action. If Sasha were to make a second AK-47 with Totem Manipulation 2, would it come with the magazine also replicated? Or would I need to use Stasis to get the spare?
EDIT: Also, if I use Telekinesis to grab onto something, do I need to maintain eye contact with it for it to work or does it just require a straight line from me to the object? ))
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 12:00:18 pm by Xvareon »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 05, 2020, 02:40:44 pm »

((You can't replicate ammo using TM.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1209 on: August 05, 2020, 04:03:48 pm »

((You can't replicate ammo but you could create ammo using TM3 or TM4. I don't think it would be very cost effective though. You're probably better off just using MB.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 05, 2020, 09:04:17 pm »

((You can create bullets with TM4, but not TM3.  It would likely be more efficient per-shot than manabolts, since manabolts cannot go below cheap, but it would also be less powerful by mana invested; an AK-47 shot is weaker than a cheap manabolt at even MB 3, let alone MB 4.))

((As for telekinesis, you don't need to see things, just know their location relative to you.  You do still need a lack of obstructions between your body and the target, however.  You can't use TK to pick up something through a wall, even if you have precise knowledge of the item's location.  ...Your clothes never count as an obstruction, BTW, as clothes are technically part of a magical girl's body.))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 05, 2020, 11:31:22 pm »

Get the HELL up. Sasha's moving into the stands, where the spectators are, towards the upper edge of the arena. It's time to do several things at once.

The familiars, the archers, the power; it's all madness. But like war, grandfather said, there's always a method to the madness, or someone there to get something out of it at the expense of poor boys sent to die for what they didn't even know or care about. All that time thinking about her new friends, about Mina, about the glass angel and the blood and the terror—all of it made clear that Witches were just a thing. A twisted, wretched elemental of hate and selfishness that couldn't be anything else. Yet there was still a method. A button that could be pressed. And if attacking her directly isn't so wise just now...

<YOU CALL THIS 'FAIR'?!> Sasha telepathically yells directly at the Witch, glaring at the gray armor in the middle of the field for a moment. <I thought Knights were 'honorable'! A challenge to one is challenge to all, or your 'glory' is worthless! What kind of Knight needs her minders to do her job? I see you for what you are, cowardly shadow!>

Immediately following that taunt, Sasha bolts up through the stands as fast as she can, zigzagging and hopping to present a more unpredictable target for any more arrows. She's going to try and reach a midway point between the ring of snipers and the arena, moving among the stands and the people. If this somehow fails, and I wind up attacked by melee familiars, hit them with Manabolts at at least Moderate cost. Use Teleport to escape their reach if necessary.

Sasha remembers what it felt like to run her magic reverently over her grandfather's old gun, almost apologizing when she made any modification—but she knows he wouldn't blame her for going a little further if it meant saving lives. Her friends' lives. First, she needs to find out what it takes to kill these things. Shoot the first familiar that's messing with the people in the stands she meets with a Manabolt, at as good a power as I can get it without causing area damage to any nearby civilians. If that fails to cripple or kill it, keep hitting it until it works.

If mobility works this time and she gets to do her running, Sasha goes into a strafing run along the stands towards Alida's position (she's closer to her than Tooru if the witch was staring opposite of Sasha), shooting the bow-armed familiars with more Manabolts at as much power as will deal the heavy damage needed to do serious harm. If possible, aim specifically to destroy their bows or the arms they're holding them with; a disabled sniper is as useless as a dead one, and it's more economical. Sasha's goal here is to cripple or destroy as many sniper familiars as she can this turn. We NEED these guys off our backs. Avoid melee familiars entirely during this run. Teleport if it becomes necessary to avoid interception.

(I thought about using Telekinesis to rip the glaives from these guys' hands, but they look strong enough to ignore the strength of 'one adult hand's worth of force.)
(Also, Sasha's kind of wanting to see if the combat and gunshots from her rifle will shock any of these people further from the stupor they're in.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:23:37 am by Xvareon »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1212 on: August 06, 2020, 07:41:28 am »

(Will do my best to post today. I've been distracted by lots of things, including the discovery that the person who warcrimed me was me in another game.)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 06, 2020, 10:46:03 am »

(Will do my best to post today. I've been distracted by lots of things, including the discovery that the person who warcrimed me was me in another game.)
warcrimed
(( ..... Could you explain that statement, please, for those of us who are interested but aren't quite following? XD ))

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1214 on: August 07, 2020, 09:51:30 am »

((The person who hit my character with a weapon that seemingly destroyed her memory and disrupted a few other functions when she was a teenager was, in fact, her.

It's complicated.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84