Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140629 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #1230 on: January 06, 2021, 12:14:00 pm »

((About the only real suggestion I could make, combat-wise, would be to modify your Duet somehow to grant defense against those arrows, because Aleksandra is already getting shot at and Alida is definitely going to be shot at as soon as she starts attacking. Maybe you could bend air currents, or freeze the arrows so they go off course [and possibly freeze the mud that way too]. Because right now the single biggest threat I'm seeing are those archers, since it takes at least moderate manabolts for Aleksandra to stop even one of them and no way can she do that quickly enough. Getting wounded or pinned is bad enough, but within reach of melee familiars or the Witch is a death sentence.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 06, 2021, 12:20:42 pm »

(I'm not sure about that.  The Duet is keeping down the big spell from the witch that would be blasting everyone with horrid damaging light, which could well be a bigger threat than those arrows.  I think keeping that stopped is better than worrying about archers.. from the looks of things, only a couple at a time go after any one target.

Besides, I want to see how they respond to the witch being attacked.

..I could have the third body start working on more familiars instead.  I think with CC up, it's more than a match for one.)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 12:33:44 pm by Devastator »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 06, 2021, 12:45:26 pm »

((Hmmm... true... The witch could wind up dropping the light spell if her concentration's broken, unless that's a part of the labyrinth itself. Having her nice golden platform exploded from under her feet could put a damper on that. Too many guesses, still, but not much to be done about that. All I know for sure is that we're the only thing capable of stopping her, and no cavalry's coming. Getting hit by arrows right now would utterly ruin us, since Asha's not here to heal.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 06, 2021, 12:54:23 pm »

((Yeah, you guys need to be safe, although it looks like if you keep moving things shouldn't be too bad.  And if you disable the couple coming after you, they revert to melee familiars, who are slower than any of us.  Mobility III and teleportation be praised.

I'm pretty sure Alida can take a few arrows between giant wolf and painless.  They'll probably even make her stronger through Berzerk.  And maybe they'll even hit the witch by accident.

Right now I think my plan is to have wolf draw fire, and then we set up for maybe a bomb and some big manabolts to try and burn the witch out.  Might need to be high power, like a Massive or a Finale cost.  And when you're ready, can try to have the wolf hold her down.. I think syvarris said the witch and the giant wolf are about the same overall size, so two of them could probably hold her more still and make the shots easier.))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 01:05:49 pm by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 06, 2021, 07:17:39 pm »

((Would you be up for trying to change the song after the witch's concentration is broken?  Some kind of more direct benefit might be helpful, and if even if it's necessary, the effects of the horrid light shouldn't kick in immediately as the song winds down.))

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1235 on: January 06, 2021, 08:06:00 pm »

((I would, as long as you had a good suggestion. RN I'm worried that dropping it will let the witch do something other than glare at me, though.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 06, 2021, 08:13:01 pm »

((Absolutely.  It's doing great work right now.))

((Looking back at it, the effect didn't start until the witch mounted the golden platform thing.  Maybe whoever is on that is in charge of the effect.

Hmm.  I should have Alida's third body, the one with her soul gem, move closer if that's the case.))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 06, 2021, 08:33:14 pm »

((Possibility #1: The witch isn't attacking because she has to focus everything on her spell. But in that case she'd want the familiars to shoot Tooru to stop how she's countering it.
#2: She really is trying to 'do this right', i.e. have 1-on-1's and stop interference. Because she's treating this like a show.
Ancillary: The platform is her stage for doing this. She may be disrupted if it goes. It may also negatively affect us if we step onto it, which makes Tooru's debuff resistance-increasing song seem pretty helpful if so. So...... what happens if the Witch is knocked off the stage?))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 06, 2021, 08:43:30 pm »

((That's what my orders are this turn.  I'm going to change them a bit, try to knock her in the direction of the ranks of familiars, and have that wolf follow up while the one with the long club stands there.  Maybe it'll do something, but maybe not.  Hurt her, help her, change the labrynth, I don't know.  Since it's an auxillary body, and not her actual soulgem, it shouldn't be too bad, but there should be some connection through her magic.

It could also be a witch version of a Ruler's Rune, in which case something very weird could happen.))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:01:56 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: January 07, 2021, 12:28:39 am »

((I just want to say, I'm a bit surprised--and flattered, I guess?--that you're all right back into the game and discussing things, pretty much at the drop of a hat.  Thank you for sticking with it!  Also, it's very cool to see you discussing what's going on and what to do.  It'd be spoilers to say anything more than that, but I suspect I might have to talk about some of what has been said, once the labyrinth is finished.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: January 07, 2021, 12:39:01 am »

(Thanks for running it)

((I do have a couple of song ideas, but will probably wait for next turn to see.  La Marseillaise for one, but that might lead to more than a few dead civilians.))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: January 07, 2021, 01:04:42 am »

((Good games are worth being patient for. Happy to be a part of it, at least for a while. :) ))
Also, orders for now: Aleksandra checks over her recently-destroyed gun, and if it's at all salvageable/repairable with Totem Manipulation, she grabs it to do just that. If not, she'll have to make a copy. If the destroyed AK-47 still has its magazine intact, awesome; if not, that's why she has a spare in Stasis, which she'll take out and clip in to replace the assumedly destroyed one.

Focus most energy on evasion and dodging arrows, weaving and changing patterns unpredictably to confuse their aim. Run to regroup with Tooru, move down from the stands if necessary. Aleksandra is going to assist whoever needs it this round with covering fire, whether it's Alida fighting the witch, or Tooru if she (or her family) gets attacked. Moderate cost Manabolts vs. familiars, Major cost vs. the witch. Tell Alida telepathically to <Watch out!> if attacking near her so as to minimize risk of hitting her inadvertently in the melee -- we don't want a repeat of last labyrinth.
EDIT: .......................((I just got a freaking insane idea. Would it be remotely possible to stuff Tooru's outburst bomb paper into the gun and fire it like a rifle grenade? Does it not explode until Tooru tells it to no matter what? Because I could see using the force of a bullet or a tiny manabolt to launch that bomb all the way to the platform.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 01:24:56 am by Xvareon »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: January 07, 2021, 01:44:18 am »

(Not sure if manabolts have that kind of force.  Maybe if you want them to?  I think stable outburst bombs are pretty solidly stable, and most magic seems to run on doing what you want it to do, most of the time.

CC'ed Alida can also throw things that far, easy.  Also, I don't think the arena is that big, might be able to just do so normally.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 03:55:08 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: January 07, 2021, 03:12:53 am »

((I just want to say, I'm a bit surprised--and flattered, I guess?--that you're all right back into the game and discussing things, pretty much at the drop of a hat.))
We will always be here, demanding more PS. Screaming against the void until our hopes, too, die forever. :)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: January 07, 2021, 10:14:30 pm »

((Good games are worth being patient for. Happy to be a part of it, at least for a while. :) ))
Also, orders for now: Aleksandra checks over her recently-destroyed gun, and if it's at all salvageable/repairable with Totem Manipulation, she grabs it to do just that. If not, she'll have to make a copy. If the destroyed AK-47 still has its magazine intact, awesome; if not, that's why she has a spare in Stasis, which she'll take out and clip in to replace the assumedly destroyed one.

Focus most energy on evasion and dodging arrows, weaving and changing patterns unpredictably to confuse their aim. Run to regroup with Tooru, move down from the stands if necessary. Aleksandra is going to assist whoever needs it this round with covering fire, whether it's Alida fighting the witch, or Tooru if she (or her family) gets attacked. Moderate cost Manabolts vs. familiars, Major cost vs. the witch. Tell Alida telepathically to <Watch out!> if attacking near her so as to minimize risk of hitting her inadvertently in the melee -- we don't want a repeat of last labyrinth.
EDIT: .......................((I just got a freaking insane idea. Would it be remotely possible to stuff Tooru's outburst bomb paper into the gun and fire it like a rifle grenade? Does it not explode until Tooru tells it to no matter what? Because I could see using the force of a bullet or a tiny manabolt to launch that bomb all the way to the platform.))

((Two comments.  One, firing manabolts doesn't use bullets from the mag, and firing bullets doesn't use magic.  There's no point in loading or recovering the mag if you're only going to fire manabolts.  Two, I really don't like vauge orders being given for something as expensive as major cost manabolts.  "Give covering fire to whoever needs it" could mean one shot, or ten shots, and could also mean targeting familiars or the witch.  A lot of major cost shots could drain a great deal of soul very rapidly; if you're gonna do that, please specify exactly what you're gonna do.))
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84