Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84]

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140325 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #1245 on: January 07, 2021, 10:52:14 pm »

((Two comments.  One, firing manabolts doesn't use bullets from the mag, and firing bullets doesn't use magic.  There's no point in loading or recovering the mag if you're only going to fire manabolts.
((I thought it was established quite early on that ranged attacks with guns cost ammo. Firing a manabolt from the gun was essentially firing a bullet that was charged with mana, was how I was thinking of it. But okay. And I'll adjust my action in a bit.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 07, 2021, 11:39:57 pm »

(Ranged attacks with guns that aren't manabolts take ammo.

You don't need a bullet to fire a manabolt, because you don't need a gun to fire a manabolt.  You can toss them out of your hands, or do eyelasers, anything you want.  Guns just make them better, as they're ranged weapons.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 12:24:56 am by Devastator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1248 on: January 09, 2021, 09:51:49 am »

Tooru slowed down. The witch still wasn't attacking. She'd fully expected to need to dodge the archers, but apparently this thing was playing by some rules of her own. Whatever they were, whatever the reason, they seemed to be keeping Tooru safe for now - and making the witch angry. That was terrifying, but it also meant that things weren't going her foe's way, and she was the cause.

<I'm going to get closer to the stage.> Muscles still tensed in preparation for flight, she started a deliberate walk toward the witch. The monster had invited her closer, after all. She continued to pour her magic into her voice, pressing back against the witch's prison as she advanced.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 09, 2021, 12:21:27 pm »

(( There are a couple things I want to be 100% sure of before I take my action. First, are there melee familiars like in the mud right now? I assumed the witch had sent them all into the stands to mess with the crowd and guard the entrances. If there are melee enemies in danger of interfering with Alida then I need to know that now. Second, how far is Sasha from Tooru right now? Can she reach her with Mobility 3 this round? ))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: January 09, 2021, 01:53:30 pm »

((Stands familiars seem to be archers.  Lots of archers.  Melee ones were guarding entrances, except for a pack that followed the witch through the north arena-level entrance.

Alida's soulgemmed body is by the south entrance, where there were two melee familiars, but they got wolfed.

Yes, the melee familiars probably can interfere, but she's a lot stronger and faster than them, and none of them are between the mounted body and the witch, so they can't interfere with her, although they might engage.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 09, 2021, 09:22:56 pm »

((There are no familiars in the mud currently.  All the melee familiars are now in the stands, most of them between the entrance the witch used, and the one Tooru was by.  The archers are all along the top rim of the arena.

Aleksandra is midway up the stands somewhere between Alida's entrance and her entrance.  She could reach Alida in one turn, if she mostly runs, but would need to spam teleport to get much farther.  She also won't go as far if she tries to do other stuff, like return fire.))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: January 13, 2021, 12:07:52 am »

Well, shooting all the archers is a no-go. Takes too much power to knock out even a couple, and this fight's just getting started.

<A-Are you sure, Tooru? I couldn't move in that mud! What's the secret?>

Do whichever of these two is easier:  Grab the ruined gun and repair it, or make a copy with totem manip. OMIT THE SCOPE this time! I can't have tunnel vision with all these arrows around.

As soon as Sasha starts to do either, keep moving through the stands, and make a beeline straight for Alida who's hiding in the entrance. She just wants to be closer to her teammates so she can better assist and vice versa. Dodge, duck and weave around the arrows as necessary. If Sasha gets hit, Regenerate; if pinned, Teleport her body out from around the arrow(s), then heal.

Wait until Alida's bodies are at least in melee range of the witch, or the witch actually takes an action. Going to assume as soon as Alida advances that the archers'll begin taking shots, but that'll take a little heat off Sasha, at least enough to line up a shot. It'll have to be a quick one due to how fast and dangerous these arrows are, but that's okay.

Mobility 3: jump on thin air

Sasha takes a running leap, then propels herself straight up and forward using a combination of magic-enhanced movement and Teleport. If at all possible, try to momentarily slow my descent so I can aim easier (double-jumping or w/e should do that, or Aim Glide like in Warframe). This should confuse the archers' aim greatly, enough to do this:  Fire a single Manabolt directly at the Witch, and I want this firmly at "rocket launcher" power. Try to place it at her legs, such that if it doesn't blast them apart, it will most certainly hit the golden platform she's on and possibly do something to that.

After that shot, get down to the ground safely, using another Teleport to zig-zag while descending if the downward distance is enough that an archer might lead target and hit her. Keep moving, see if Sasha can reach Alida at the entrance or at least get close. Some cover from these shots would be very nice.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 12:09:49 am by Xvareon »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 13, 2021, 12:26:32 am »

((Ooh.))

((Also, I've actually changed my mind about that witch spell.  I now think it's an inverted version of Beacon of Hope.  The results look cool and more powerful than I was expecting.))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 13, 2021, 12:33:30 am »

((Also, I've actually changed my mind about that witch spell.  I now think it's an inverted version of Beacon of Hope.  The results look cool and more powerful than I was expecting.))
(( Wouldn't that make her a Bravery witch, then? As in, close combat, hard to kill or even disable? Although the other witches "multi-classed", too. ))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 13, 2021, 12:47:15 am »

((Aye.  A Bravery + one of either Purity or Mercy, IIRC.  And supposed to be pretty tough.  I don't think Alida can actually win a straight up melee fight, but should be able to do damage.))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 13, 2021, 12:58:37 am »

(( We may also want to prepare ourselves for the possibility that this isn't actually the real Witch. If she has Bravery talents, she may have an Effigy somewhere else with her real Soul Gem. [Not metagaming, everyone has seen Alida do this.] There's just no evidence of that yet. ))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 13, 2021, 01:02:19 am »

((An effigy.. I didn't think of that.  I'm doubtful, given the whole centre of attention thing and basking in misery.

We'll know when the fight starts.  It's extremely difficult to fight effectively when more than a small distance from ones soul gem.  The effigy gets.. laggy, and it becomes hard to control.  Giant wolf should be strong enough to make it obvious if she's lagging.))
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84]