Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 138768 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2017, 01:52:53 am »

Bodies. Are disposable. Do not trust a friend's body, only her soul. A battle can be few souls, but many bodies. The body that holds your soul is not different from the others, it too is disposable. Bodies are disposable, and can be made easily, but do not waste them casually. Every action. Has a price. Pray that you earn enough to survive your actions.

Why must this quote be too long to fit below the Eldiran one? D:

((Might not update tomorrow, have a lot of stuff to do.  We'll see.  In the meantime...))

[Creativity]

Asha hears Tooru's panicked voice somewhere above, but can't make out what was shouted, and there's no further words.  She hesitates, before deciding that Tooru probably wouldn't shout like that unless she was in danger, and she says as much to Mina.

[Creativity]

Mina, for her part, could hear Tooru shouting for help... but she could also hear Alida's simultaneous plea.  Alida sounds weaker, more wounded... but Tooru is getting farther away, and quickly.  If she isn't rescued now, she might be taken too far to help.  And the way Asha's unsteadily wobbling on the wires, it doesn't seem like she could catch up...

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2017, 02:52:47 pm »

((I highly recommend that if you're going to post RP without any actual action, you at least include a basic "My character's current goals or plans are XYZ".  That way, if you can't actually post a real action, I still have something to go on for what your character should do, and they won't just sit there idling.  If you simply don't have enough information, another option is to do like Nak and have conditionals in your action; I won't mind, even if your actions are waaay more complex than that.  If all else fails, even saying "My char assists the nearest person with whatever they're doing" is an easy fallback action which is virtually always helpful, thanks to the system.

Just don't do nothing at all.  It will have bad results.))

"H--Help!"

I'll need a new trick this time.  It caught my club last time.. lets see if it keeps doing that.

Throw a club at it, and start moving towards the monster, summoning a new club to throw at it again.  Get it to grab the clubs twice over, hopefully keeping it's hands busy, and summon a third club to hit it.  Try to aim for one of the swollen joints.

[Joy]

You charge forward and throw your club at the monster, aiming directly for its face.  Halfway through its flight, you summon and throw a second, this time aiming past it, at one of the machines.  He catches the first easily, but his hand blocks his view of your second throw; he only notices it when it flies past, and he has to turn and half dive after it to catch it.  By the time he starts turning back to meet your charge, you're already upon him, leaping up into the air with both hands gripping a third club.

[Bravery]

The monster is in too awkward of a position to dodge your attack, but it doesn't try.  Instead it lashes out with one arm, catching your club with its wire-wrapped forearm.  The collision sends a painful shock up both your arms, rattling your bones and halting your jump in midair, but if the monster was hurt by the strike, he doesn't show it.  Worse, the wires that unwound from his forearm earlier immediately wrap around your club and hands, keeping you from falling.  As the wires dig into your flesh and the numbness from before returns to your arms, he stands up to his full height and holds you in front of his face.

He calmly holds you there, apparently content to inspect you with his wide-eyed gaze.  His expression almost looks baffled, as if you're some strange creature he's never seen before, though the effect is somewhat ruined by the wires painfully digging into his swollen face.

Tooru started to struggle in earnest against the girl's grip. "No, really, let me go! She's my friend, I don't care if it's safer or not!" There was clearly something seriously wrong here. "Put me down or I'll fight you for real!" The quaver in her voice betrayed the fear her words didn't indicate. Not that what she did next didn't do so much more. "ASHA! HELP!" Tooru shouted down toward Asha as loud as she could, and started to prepare another set of three talismans.

[Creativity]

The girl doesn't slow down or release you, instead squeezing you closer to her.  She practically shouts at you, her suddenly swinging away from protective worry and into disconcertingly venomous anger.  "UGH.  Why are you newbies always so STUBBORN.  An attitude like that will JUST get you KILLED.  But fine, I will put you down, just give me time, all right?  If you want to learn your lessons the hard way, I can not stop you."

She does change direction after that rant, now moving more parallel to the ground, though you still can't see anything but the omnipresent ribbons and wires above and below.  Still, behind her back you summon a trio of talismans into your hands.  She doesn't seem to notice, so it would be trivial to attack her here... but you don't think she's human, she sounds all wrong, what if she survives the attack?  A weak attack might not hurt her enough to free you, but a strong attack might hurt you too!

You have to do something fast though, she seems to be nearing wherever it is that she's taking you.

Mina nods vigorously, as her clone continues trying to run a distraction. "Yep! I'm a magical girl too! Oh, and you should watch out - the Witch can make copies of us, we think.

...Not like that one. I made that one."
"I'm a magical girl too... but what about that blond-"

[GM input required] If Asha is "close" enough to pick up Tooru's voice, she turns toward the source of the voice with her heartbeat suddenly accelerating.

She then attempts to rush for the place, not before telling to Mina that her friend needs help.

If not, she continues her sentence.
"What about that blond girl that took my friend to safety? Is she with you?"

[Joy]

You tell Mina that you need to rush to your friend, and she just numbly nods, watching you leave.  These damnable wires are just way too difficult to climb through, though; you make painfully slow progress, having to carefully pick your way up one step at a time.  A couple times you slip and almost fall, before barely catching yourself.  All in all you only climb about ten feet higher.  At this rate, you'll never catch up to that blond girl!

The green girl easily climbs up to you, watching you with an expression of clear pity--she apparently has a much easier time climbing through this horrible net.  "...Do you need help?" she asks.

You glare back at her, more out of frustration with yourself than real anger.

Quote from: Twinwolf (Automatic)
I don't know?

You try to think about who to go help, but every time you start to think you should go help one or the other, your traitorous subconscious comes up with some horrible thing that might be happening to the person you're effectively abandoning.  The panicked girl intterupts your thoughts by saying that she'll go help "Tooru", and for a moment you're overjoyed that she solved your problem--she can help her friend, and you can save Alida!

...But your joy lasts only a moment, because she remains virtually immobile.  The girl is clearly terrified of falling, and only ever moves one limb at a time, and only after carefully ensuring that her other three points of contact are very firm.  It's frankly a pitiful sight, and it suddenly occurs to you that even if you go to rescue Alida or this "Tooru", you'd basically be abandoning this girl.

You whimper a little to yourself before moving up to her and asking if she needs help.  Why is everything coming down to you?  You don't want to have to choose who to save, this is horrible!

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2017, 05:43:46 pm »

((My bad there - I'd meant to post again when Nakeen made it clear what they were going to do, having forgotten they'd already done that in their post. Completely my fault.))

"I-I'm sorry, it's just... everything is overwhelming... do you need help? I think we need to hurry up if we want to reach them, they're going farther away, and-and I'm sorta panicking right now and..." She takes a deep breath. "We're both magical girls, right? So I think that means we're really agile, we can get up there without having to worry about falling as long as we're a little careful!"

Help her! We need to get up after them as fast as we can, but without falling. Try to use senses to find the safest/fastest path, if they can do that! Also if the decoy is still doing it's thing, have it keep doing that so the wires don't follow us, if they can .
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2017, 07:14:12 pm »

Asha, with all her focus turned toward not falling, answers with a shaking voice:
"I-I may be a m-magical girl, but I a- aaaah."

She attempts to stabilize herself.
"I'm disastrously clumsy."

The more minutes pass, the more a feeling of helplessness fills Asha's heart. She tries not to think about it, not to think of the word useless. If she does, she won't be able to help Tooru. Asha looks upward, then toward Mina. She notices her panic, but is herself too worried about Tooru to think of delving more into the source of the girl's panic.

"I won't be able to do it alone..."

Then Mina lended her a hand, Asha was deeply grateful.
"Thank you so much... We must hurry!"

With the help of Mina, get to Tooru's location quickly -and preferably safely-!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2017, 01:52:51 am »

Left alone and fighting, Alida was worried.. and then resolved.  This was supposed to be a team thing, she didn't come in here alone.  Never mind, though, if nobody will help her, then she'll have to help herself.

kick the creature to pull the wires taut, and start rotating around it.  I want to wrap it tight inside it's own wires, tight enough to injure.  At the same time, summon an effigy to go kill the working machine.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2017, 01:26:03 am »

Tooru squirmed a bit more, trying to dislodge the girl's grip. If girl was even the right word. . . She was scared, this person thing was scary and probably not a person and she still couldn't get free and everything was just so much more awful than she expected so far. Panic starting to set in, Tooru grabbed one of her talismans and, trying not to put too much energy in, slammed it onto - and hopefully into - her captor's leg.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2017, 06:36:47 am »

Ain't nobody got time for that.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2017, 04:48:29 pm »

((I am indeed not taking waitlisters, though technically there's a person who's been selected to replace the first death.  A fifth slot will open after this witch is dead, and one person will be selected for it the same way the first four players were selected.  That char will be a bit different from the others though, a girl who hasn't made her wish yet.

...I should probably make a post explaining how to make a char for that slot.  That way people can make sheets early, and won't feel rushed.  Yeah, I'll do that sometime over the next few days.))

((My bad there - I'd meant to post again when Nakeen made it clear what they were going to do, having forgotten they'd already done that in their post. Completely my fault.))

"I-I'm sorry, it's just... everything is overwhelming... do you need help? I think we need to hurry up if we want to reach them, they're going farther away, and-and I'm sorta panicking right now and..." She takes a deep breath. "We're both magical girls, right? So I think that means we're really agile, we can get up there without having to worry about falling as long as we're a little careful!"

Help her! We need to get up after them as fast as we can, but without falling. Try to use senses to find the safest/fastest path, if they can do that! Also if the decoy is still doing it's thing, have it keep doing that so the wires don't follow us, if they can .
Asha, with all her focus turned toward not falling, answers with a shaking voice:
"I-I may be a m-magical girl, but I a- aaaah."

She attempts to stabilize herself.
"I'm disastrously clumsy."

The more minutes pass, the more a feeling of helplessness fills Asha's heart. She tries not to think about it, not to think of the word useless. If she does, she won't be able to help Tooru. Asha looks upward, then toward Mina. She notices her panic, but is herself too worried about Tooru to think of delving more into the source of the girl's panic.

"I won't be able to do it alone..."

Then Mina lended her a hand, Asha was deeply grateful.
"Thank you so much... We must hurry!"

With the help of Mina, get to Tooru's location quickly -and preferably safely-!

[Joy] & [Joy]

Asha takes Mina's hand, and shrieks a little when the older girl yanks her upward, away from her carefully-secured grips.  She immediately clings to the nearest wire with both hands, halting her fall before it even begins, and gives Mina a look of surprised betrayal.  Mina suppresses a small smile, and points out that Asha caught herself just fine, and that she could have even if Asha had failed.  The ashen haired girl frowns, clearly unhappy with Mina's methods, but decides against arguing, just resuming her climb while Mina stays just below, occasionally pushing her lightly when she starts to slow down.

[Creativity]

Mina quickly figures out which direction Tooru is in, sensing her position through residual vibrations echoing down through the wires.  She's high above, and is quickly heading towards the center of the labyrinth.  She relays this information to Asha, who suggests that the two of them head there themselves, aiming to intercept her near the end of her path; Mina agrees, and starts pushing her charge more, occasionally having to catch the girl when she loses her grip and starts to fall.  It's still slow going however, and Tooru only seems to get further away.

"SKRRAAAAAA!"

A horrible screech echoes from above, coming from Tooru's exact location.  Neither girl stops to think about what it means, redoubling their efforts to catch up.  Mina, who up until now had been trying to maintain her illusion, finally lets it drop so she can concentrate--it had been becoming more and more taxing to maintain the further away she got.  Asha almost instantly forgets her fear of falling, her thoughts immediately being consumed by thoughts of what could be happening to Tooru.  Still, when Tooru starts moving again, they can't match her speed--at this rate, they'll never be able to catch up, unless something delays whatever is carrying her.

Tooru squirmed a bit more, trying to dislodge the girl's grip. If girl was even the right word. . . She was scared, this person thing was scary and probably not a person and she still couldn't get free and everything was just so much more awful than she expected so far. Panic starting to set in, Tooru grabbed one of her talismans and, trying not to put too much energy in, slammed it onto - and hopefully into - her captor's leg.

As you squirm, the girl only continues to squeeze tighter and tighter--it's starting to actually really hurt.  She does a little hop from one wire to another, and the motion digs her shoulder hard into your stomach, causing you to squeal in pain.  She had to have heard that, but clearly doesn't care... well, at least you don't have to feel bad about this.

[Joy]

You swap two of the talismans into your left hand, and hold the third up in front of your face.  You knit your brow together and force your energy into it, knowing that you'll need more power than you did to free Asha.  The shifting writing on the talisman's face form into a single symbol, one you recognize, the kanji for "pain".  You frown, almost feeling like the talisman is accusing you, but you slam it into the back of your kidnapper's knee anyway.  It sticks there, even after you withdraw your hand, glowing brightly and getting brighter.  Almost too late, you realize it's gathering energy, and quickly close your eyes.

"Hey, what did you jussSSKRRAAAAAA!"

The girl's angry demand of you is interrupted by the blast, and her voice rises into an inhuman screech of agony.  She starts to fall for a moment, before jerking upright as she catches herself with one arm.  You open your eyes, and are horrified to see that her knee--and everything below it--is simply gone.  What's worse, the severed stump doesn't end in blood and meat, but a small forest of waving wires, unwinding from under a thin covering of clothlike skin.  You can feel her shoulder, previously digging into you like solid bone, begin to unwind and wriggle under her skin, her bone and muscle distorting as she writhes in pain.

[Bravery]

You try to struggle free of her grip, trying to take advantage of the monster's pain to escape, but her grip remains iron, and you make no progress at all.  After a few seconds of writhing, she seems to calm down, the wires under her skin going still again and retaking the forms of muscle and bone; it's disturbing how impossibly real they feel.  Her muscles shift and move just like true flesh as she resumes her path, this time moving even faster.  You watch the severed leg's wires grip surfaces like a hundred tiny tentacles, clearly more useful to her than the original leg.

Left alone and fighting, Alida was worried.. and then resolved.  This was supposed to be a team thing, she didn't come in here alone.  Never mind, though, if nobody will help her, then she'll have to help herself.

kick the creature to pull the wires taut, and start rotating around it.  I want to wrap it tight inside it's own wires, tight enough to injure.  At the same time, summon an effigy to go kill the working machine.

[Bravery]

You growl in defiance at the monster, before pulling yourself up and delivering two vicious kicks to his face, while yanking backwards.  You feel his nose flatten under one of your heals as his head snaps back, as swollen skin bursts under your other foot.  He reels back and drops the clubs he caught earlier, both arms clutching at his face and your feet.  You yank back, forcing the binding wires to unwind further from his forearm as you try to escape.  They tighten even more, and distantly you realize that they're cutting into your skin and muscle, but the steadily-growing numbness makes it bearable and that's all you need.  You grit your teeth and pull harder.

Suddenly, you're free, and falling backward.  You almost instinctually spin around midair, hitting the ground at a run, focusing your vision on the running machine which is overlaid over the monster's face.  You immediately trip as you start swinging in the monster's grip, falling flat on your face on the stone even as you hang midair?  You try to clear your head by shaking it, while simultaneously dragging your face across the bare stone--everything is a confusing duality, mutually exclusive states and perceptions being overlaid impossibly over each other.

You push forward, starting to swing as you lift your face away from the rough stone, and twist to look behind you.  You meet your own gaze, two perfect copies of your confused face overlaid over each other, one hanging in front of the reeling monster, still hanging by her blood-covered forearms, and the other collapsed on the ground.  You pause, too confused to plan, but then one one the monster's hands lower, and its bloody expression stares directly at the you who's down on the stone.  He begins to charge, and you immediately start moving, trying desperately to control two bodies at once.

You watch from behind as your free body gets up and rushes toward the active machine, gaining distance as she summons a club in her hand.  Seemingly forgotten, your trapped self touches the ground, and dodges to the monster's left side, dragging its right arm with you.  You try to pull the wires around and trip it, but you overbalance to the side and fall, just being dragged behind its charging mass.  You focus on your freed body, just trying to ensure you keep your balance and don't fall a second time.

You make it to the machine in seconds, and start smashing it with heavy two-handed blows.  It's unaffected by the first, not even being dented, and the second hit has no effect either--you're still frazzled from the sudden separation, and can't focus right, you still don't have the coordination to properly control your strikes.  You don't have the time to consider this, either, as the monster is upon you, forcing you to roll forward to dodge a blow aimed at the back of your head.

You recover quickly, standing up with both your bodies as the monster protectively crouches over the unharmed machine.  It tugs its wired arm, pulling one of you a couple steps towards him, and he finally seems to notice that you have two bodies.  His head quickly snaps around to look at the Alida that's behind him, before just as quickly returning to stare at the Alida in front.  He repeats to motion twice more, but settles on the one that's attached to him.

He tenses up, clearly about to attack.

((Good job singlehandedly tripling the time it took to write this post...))

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2017, 05:09:50 pm »

That's it. Bodies are disposable. Dispose of this one, and direct your strength to destroying the enemy. Souls are not disposable.

((I am indeed not taking waitlisters, though technically there's a person who's been selected to replace the first death.))

Pertinent question: Is there a person, or is there a character? Because though I don't plan on allowing Egan to die anytime soon, Sophia might have no choice in the matter. In which case, do I still get that spot with a different character, or am I SOL?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2017, 09:00:46 am »

Okay, you weren't so tough in the air before, lets try that again.

...aaalmost time to panic.  Lets have the free body go low under the creature, going for the base of the machine, and attempting to sever it from the ground, knocking the monster's perch out from under it, and then leap up into the air.  Then when the perch slides out, the wrapped body pulls in the opposite direction, hard, moving to kick it upwards, towards the other body, which is in position to smash it down towards the ground.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:08:25 am by Devastator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2017, 01:35:03 pm »

((Sorry that we can't help Devastator, bit busy ;-;))

That does not sound good, nope not at all.

Pursue, and assist Asha if she does something.

(Any ideas for a distraction? Something to slow it down?)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2017, 02:44:58 pm »

Shooting at it?~
Except somehow none of you have manabolts. I'd think that manabolt 1 would be a pretty standard backup skill, at the least. But guess not.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2017, 12:50:01 pm »

Waiting on KingMurdoc & (somewhat) Nakéen.  Devastator doesn't get a solo turn, because that's not really a good thing.

I'm going to be driving for most of Monday and Tuesday, probably won't be able to update on either day.  Next update is either tonight, or Wednesday.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2017, 04:21:53 pm »

Tooru screamed at the top of her lungs. There were so many things about this that weren't okay, and somehow her suspicions being proven made it even scarier. She had almost hoped that she was wrong and she was attacking some misguided girl instead of. . . this. The girl barely retained the presence of mind to smash both of her remaining talismans into her "rescuer;" one into her shoulder, and one into the small of her back.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2017, 05:38:45 pm »

Asha's mind became blank as she heard the scream. If only there was a way for them to reach that place faster... She cursed herself for being such a klutz.

An idea dawned on her. Not a good one, but an idea nonetheless.

"I am too much of a drag, we will never reach that place in time together. But by you, alone, you have better chances than I. I may have an idea to give you a speed boost, will you trust me? There is no time."

Tell to Mina her crazy plan. With her above average strength, Ashe will throw Mina upward, toward the scream. Hopefully that will help Mina get there faster...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 84