Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 138707 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2017, 06:25:16 am »

Okay, you weren't so tough in the air before, lets try that again.

...aaalmost time to panic.  Lets have the free body go low under the creature, going for the base of the machine, and attempting to sever it from the ground, knocking the monster's perch out from under it, and then leap up into the air.  Then when the perch slides out, the wrapped body pulls in the opposite direction, hard, moving to kick it upwards, towards the other body, which is in position to smash it down towards the ground.

[Bravery]

You begin to enact your plan, but the monster moves far sooner than you expected--your free body can barely take two steps by the time he pounces towards your trapped body.  There's almost no distance for him to cover, you have no time to think, and so you react purely on instinct.  You yank backwards, just as you had planned to do, throwing all your weight into the motion.  You're disoriented as you accidentally mimic the motion with your second body mid-stride, both bodies simultaneously tumbling to the ground even as the monster is pulled towards your first body.  Your free body's head hits the stone ground hard, its vision and almost all sensation cutting out and being replaced with a blossom of sharp black agony, as you shut you trapped body's eyes and wince away from the falling monster about to crush you into the floor.

A moment later, he lands heavily--you can feel the shockwaves through the ground--but he doesn't land on you.  You cautiously open your eyes, instantly meeting his bloody and maniacally wide-eyed gaze, hovering inches above your own face.  You try and scramble away, but he quickly grabs your throat with his left hand, lifting you up to keep your face in front of his as he stands.  His grip has a warm wetness which you distantly recognize as a sign of blood, proof of the damage you've caused.  You manage to give him a taunting smile even as he squeezes tighter, preventing you from breathing.  You defiantly try to grab at the hand strangling you, but the monster extends his other arm, and the wires that attach it to your hands stretch it out.  Still, you don't stop grinning.

You feel oddly detached from the situation, your consciousness being split between two bodies.  Yes, you can't breath, but at the same time you can, with a different throat; yes, you can't see, but at the same time you can, with different eyes.  One of you might be trapped, completely unable to move, but the other you is completely free, and that's all you need.  You focus, and vision slowly returns to your stunned body.  You start to pick yourself up off the ground, looking up at the monster which is completely occupied with your other body--and then you see the machine between you and him, still quietly grinding along.  You still haven't regained full coordination, but you manage to stomp towards it, raising your club high in both hands, preparing to smash the machine.

The monster spins around quick as a whip, throwing one body at the other with distressing speed.  The wires attaching you to it snap taut midair, and then there's a spray of blood and the wires are falling away as the numbness in your arms disappears, replaced by the cutting agony of your skin being flayed away.  You scream in pain, but are immediately cut off when you collide with yourself, hearing and feeling bones crack as both your bodies fall to the ground.

[Mercy]

Everything hurts.  It's impossible to even tell which body is damaged where; between them, at least one of everything feels ruined now, and it all flows into a singular mass of pain.  You cough with one body, feeling blood splash onto the other's arm, but you refuse to stay down; you resolutely get your arms under you, and push yourself upward.  Almost immediately they collapse, and the sheer agony they're in tells you that they're the arms of the previously-trapped body.  That's fine, you think; you have another pair of arms which is pristine.  Those arms push your first body upward, into a sitting position, and then drag your second body up to lean against it, both supporting each other.  You turn both gazes back towards the monster.

He's now crouched atop the machine again, framed against the collapsed bundle you had inadvertently let him out of just a minute ago.  He's still staring at you, with that unchanging wide-eyed expression.  It strikes you as an expression of fear now, fear of you.  Clearly he can't actually kill you, he's been trying so hard, and he's obviously far more powerful, but you refuse to die, and so he's scared.  You sit in front of him, broken twice over and in more pain than any one human should ever be able to feel, but you can't help but glare back at him with prideful wrath.  Both your bodies support each other as you struggle to your feet, and the expression of fear almost seems to become one of incredulous surprise.

Between your two broken bodies, you still have a whole one.  That means you can still fight, still win, regardless of how much pain you're in.

Tooru screamed at the top of her lungs. There were so many things about this that weren't okay, and somehow her suspicions being proven made it even scarier. She had almost hoped that she was wrong and she was attacking some misguided girl instead of. . . this. The girl barely retained the presence of mind to smash both of her remaining talismans into her "rescuer;" one into her shoulder, and one into the small of her back.

[Joy]

You scream, channelling your fear into the two remaining talismans, dumping as much power into them as you can.  The writing on them writhes and changes, but you don't pause to try and read any of it, just slamming the first talisman into the girl's spine.  The wires imitating it part like liquid at your touch, and your hand sinks into the small of her back, still gripping both talismans.  The wires quickly cinch around your hand, trapping it inside her body, wrapped in false skin.  She shouts at you triumphantly.

"Oh no you don't!  Try that again and you'll lose your hand!"

Your blood runs cold as you futilely tug on your trapped hand, the talismans heating up inside your grip.  You frantically shout that you can't stop them, that they're unstable, begging her to let you go, but she only responds with an inhuman growl.  Your struggles and pleas grow more frantic by the second, but she doesn't seem to care, and certainly doesn't release you.  You can sense the exact moment that the talismans are going to explode on, and shriek in anticipation of the pain.

[Mercy]

...It happens quickly, a quick flash of absolute agony, and then nothing.  Your vision goes dark, and everything goes numb.  Or, rather, all sensation ceases--smell, sound, touch, everything.  You try to move, but find that you have no muscles to move with, no body to move.  It's a strange feeling, but there is the undeniable lack of a body, beyond any numbness; you feel like a spirit, unbound to any physical form, floating in a nameless void.  Your panic, momentarily paused by confusion, begins to return as you make the obvious conclusion.

You're dead now, aren't you?

((Sorry that we can't help Devastator, bit busy ;-;))

That does not sound good, nope not at all.

Pursue, and assist Asha if she does something.

(Any ideas for a distraction? Something to slow it down?)
Asha's mind became blank as she heard the scream. If only there was a way for them to reach that place faster... She cursed herself for being such a klutz.

An idea dawned on her. Not a good one, but an idea nonetheless.

"I am too much of a drag, we will never reach that place in time together. But by you, alone, you have better chances than I. I may have an idea to give you a speed boost, will you trust me? There is no time."

Tell to Mina her crazy plan. With her above average strength, Ashe will throw Mina upward, toward the scream. Hopefully that will help Mina get there faster...

((I was originally going to just auto Asha, under the reasoning that there really wasn't any option for her aside from "continue forward"... but Nak came up with a rather clever idea here, one much superior to the single option I assumed Asha to have.  Bravo.))

[Joy] & [Bravery]

Asha pauses her ascent, this time not because she's unsure about her footing, but because she knows that she's only slowing Mina down.  The girl repositions herself, finding a more stable position, before reaching a hand down to her companion while hurriedly asking Mina if she can try something crazy--the green girl is rather nonplussed by the vague request, and asks for more of an explanation, but takes Asha's hand anyway.  She regrets that immediately after, because Asha yanks her up, and grabs the collar of her shirt with her second hand.

"Sorry, there's no time to explain!"
"WhaaAAAAAHH!"

Asha quickly apologizes, and then launches Mina upward with all the force she can muster, throwing the older girl up through the net, towards the inhuman scream they just saw.  To Mina's credit, she quickly adapts, catching herself on a wire before she starts to fall back down again.  She pauses there, looking at Asha below her, but Asha just yells to "GO!", and Mina quickly resume her climb upward--this time unhindered by Asha's clumsiness.

[Creativity]

Mina is too focused on her climbing to look upward, so she doesn't see Tooru even though the girl is quite visible above her.  Similarly, she doesn't see when Tooru jams her hand, clutching glowing talismans, inside her captor's back.  Mina does hear when Tooru starts to scream in abject terror, and she tries to push herself harder, but she still doesn't look up, lest she slow down.  It isn't until two deafening explosions ring from above, sending the entire network of wires into violent and chaotic motion, that Mina looks up.  She barely spots Tooru's body falling towards her in time to lean out and reach for it, catching the girl by her left wrist, and nearly pulling herself away from her perch when she halts all that momentum.

Tooru dangles limply from her arm, completely unmoving, and without any visible signs of life, though her eyes are open and blankly staring ahead.  Most of her upper body is blackened with severe burns, especially her right arm, which is completely gone below the elbow.  Mina can just barely hear the wounded girl's heartbeat, a barely-audible whisper nearly hidden beneath the explosion's echoes.  Asha, below them, is just close enough to get a good look at Tooru's body.  She sees only Tooru's severe wounds, and her empty, unblinking gaze.  She hears nothing, and is fully aware that it isn't the ringing in her ears blocking out the sounds.  A knot forms in her stomach; Just a minute earlier, she was horrified to hear Tooru's screams, but this silence is far, far worse.

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2017, 12:57:57 pm »

There is no shame in dying, provided you resolve to live afterwards. This death is merely a setback, and the first of many! Dispose and replace.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 23, 2017, 01:41:49 pm »

Crap crap crap crap crap

Not good. Not good not good! She had no idea where the thing that took her - it wasn't Alida, couldn't have been, Alida wouldn't have done something like that right? Right? She didn't know her but she didn't seem murderous! Mostly!

Focus, Focus! She's alive, she's alive, she's probably unconcious so you can save her you're MAGIC for crying out loud!

"S-She's alive! I can h-hear her heartbeat! We need to do something and fast!"

Standby action if I can't think of something better later/after interaction (learning from mistakes!) - try to get her down ASAP to Tooru, assist if possible, she's alive and that means we can save her!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2017, 02:20:54 pm »

..bastard..

"Where are you, why did you ditch me here?  Couldn't spend one moment helping me fight..  too busy following and running away and jumping, not doing things.."

Escape from here, and regroup with the other girls, as best as I can find them, through the telepathic contacts and the magical senses.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2017, 01:26:51 am »

Tooru wanted to cry, but seemingly had no eyes with which to do so. Was she really dead? Already? But she was only thirteen. . . This was her first witch hunt. She hadn't even gotten killed by the witch or its minions; she'd blown herself up like some stupid cartoon character. She moped for a moment or three (it was hard to tell,) drifting aimlessly in this non-place. A notion came to her after some indeterminate time; maybe she could somehow. . . go back? She was magical, now, all.

Try to go back to reality. Focus on trying to move something, even though I can't actually feel anything.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 27, 2017, 02:21:44 am »

The moment she saw Tooru's lifeless body, Asha's emotions disappeared. Fear, sadness, courage... All were gone.

It was like that day. Everyone she cared about died, and she just stood there, watching. And today, it happened again. It was her fault, it was-

Alive. She heard it right. Alive. Which mean there was hope. She managed to do something when Tooru's arm was broken, maybe she could still save the girl...

Asha recovered her spirit.

"I am a magical girl." she muttered.

Lifting her head toward Mina, she shouted at the top of her lungs:
"Tooru! Hang in there!"

Run toward Mina and Tooru's location, and put my hands on Tooru. Focus your energy, wish for her wellbeing, hug her... Do something with your powers Asha!

[While doing that, Asha's mind was filled with only one though "I must save her, even if it costs me my life..."]

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 27, 2017, 08:02:58 pm »

((I am indeed not taking waitlisters, though technically there's a person who's been selected to replace the first death.  A fifth slot will open after this witch is dead, and one person will be selected for it the same way the first four players were selected.  That char will be a bit different from the others though, a girl who hasn't made her wish yet.

...I should probably make a post explaining how to make a char for that slot.  That way people can make sheets early, and won't feel rushed.  Yeah, I'll do that sometime over the next few days.))
I'm interested on the slot for a wishless character. Could you explain how to make a character for this please?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2017, 08:52:43 am »

Any reason this got stuck? I (as expected) can't come up with anything, but i'm watching this.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2017, 12:25:58 pm »

((@RGU
I can indeed!  It'll get written when I stop procrastinating about it, which will happen... probably eventually, if I'm being honest.  Y'see, I originally said I'd write a post about that slot, because at the time I had been procrastinating about writing the turn by thinking about what exactly to say in that post.  Problem is, as soon as I mentioned it, my subconscious reshuffled it into the "DO ANYTHING ELSE" folder, and now I'm procrastinating about it.  Yes, I'm procrastinating about doing the thing I was doing to procrastinate about the game.  Send help.

@Everyone
Apologies for the long delay.  I have been unusually busy for the last week... but I really should've had this posted four days ago.  It's just hard to get back into writing after a long break.  With luck, I should be able to maintain a more regular schedule again.))

..bastard..

"Where are you, why did you ditch me here?  Couldn't spend one moment helping me fight..  too busy following and running away and jumping, not doing things.."

Escape from here, and regroup with the other girls, as best as I can find them, through the telepathic contacts and the magical senses.

(("Escape from here"?  That's ambiguous, so time for an Inn roll!))

[Innocence]

You glare at the monster with your more-injured original body, leaning on your clone while it looks behind watchfully to guide your slow retreat.  The wire-wrapped man remains utterly still as you hobble away, but you soon realize there's a major flaw with your plan; the largest roadway through the labyrinth, and the one you're nearest, is still choked with wire figures--and unlike the aimless, ambling crowds that you passed through earlier, these ones have linked arms and formed into a continuous wall across the roadway.  They don't move either, though they're all staring at you with their empty hoop faces.  You could try to push your way past, but you have the feeling that if they're putting this much effort into blocking you, they won't just ignore attempts to pass through anyway.

Steadying yourself, you inspect the other three paths into the empty arena around the machines and wireman.  All three have similar blockades of wire people, and if anything they're even more thick with the things due to being thinner.  That leaves climbing as your only option--you're pretty sure you could jump into the net of ribbons and lanterns above the nearby roadway, without coming within arms' reach of any of the figures.  Such a plan would be dicy since your main body's arms are near-useless.  You'd have to catch yourself with your second body, and hobble through the wire net, and even then you can't really be sure you'd end up in a better position.  At least where you are, all the monsters seem content to wait for you to act.  Waiting is easily the safest plan... at least if Mina is coming back...

[Creativity]

You're pretty sure Pumsy mentioned something about sending messages mentally, back when you first made your wish, if that's true then you could just call Mina.  Problem is, he never told you how to do it, just like all the other powers you've gained.  You stand there for at least a full minute, fruitlessly trying to figure out how to think into someone else's mind, while slowly growing more and more worried about the wire monsters which won't stop staring at you.  Eventually, you give up and close your eyes, blocking out their stares.  You then focus on just detecting Mina with your senses, hoping that you'll at least discover whether she's coming back for you.

After a couple of seconds, the glowing beacon you remember from before becomes... "visible" isn't quite right, but it's the closest analog.  She's almost directly above you, and her light is faint, choked out by the smog of misery that permeates this place, but she's clearly there.  You focus, trying to sense whether she's moving, or how far away she is, and gradually you realize that she's next to two other beacons, both dimmer and of slightly different... flavors?  None of them are moving, and you grumble in frustration at the useless little lights hanging far above you.

You open your eyes, deliberately trying to flush them from your mind, and nearly lose your balance when you see that the wireman has closed most of the distance between you and him while you were distracted.  He's paused mid-creep, one hand held inches above the ground, just outside of pouncing range. The wall of wire figures hasn't moved an inch, but they're still behind you, watching.  Everything in this place feels like it's watching you...

Crap crap crap crap crap

Not good. Not good not good! She had no idea where the thing that took her - it wasn't Alida, couldn't have been, Alida wouldn't have done something like that right? Right? She didn't know her but she didn't seem murderous! Mostly!

Focus, Focus! She's alive, she's alive, she's probably unconcious so you can save her you're MAGIC for crying out loud!

Standby action if I can't think of something better later/after interaction (learning from mistakes!) - try to get her down ASAP to Tooru, assist if possible, she's alive and that means we can save her!

[Joy]

You pull Tooru's body upward, at the same time releasing your grip on the wires to shift yourself down and under it.  She lands bonelessly on your shoulder, head behind your back, but you don't try and stop her momentum.  Instead you let yourself fall too; it's the fastest way back down to Asha, and you can easily control the fall by lightly kicking off of wires as you pass them.  You get back down to Asha's level in almost no time at all, and easily land just in front of her, only a little lower.  You turn away to steady yourself without disturbing the wires she's clinging to, and immediately get tackled from behind when Asha overbalances into Tooru's body.

Asha's clumsiness nearly sends the three of you into an uncontrolled fall, but you manage to catch yourself by quickly grabbing two wires in front of you.  This leaves you in an awkward position, supporting most of the weight of three girls, while Asha shifts to hug Tooru's body.  You're tempted to say something to Asha, demand that she get off of you... but you can sense her form, and the utter grief painted across her face, even though she's behind you.  You decide to stay silent; you're not sure she'd actually be able to hear you, even if you did speak.

After a couple seconds, Asha's posture changes slightly, her weight shifting away slightly as her expression hardens.  Then... you're not exactly sure what happens, but her form becomes fuzzier, somehow more unreal and harder to distinguish from the air around her, almost like she's slowly fading out of existence, though she doesn't get any lighter.  Worried, you try and twist around to look at her with your own eyes, but it's impossible to get a look at her without potentially losing your balance and sending all three of you tumbling.

"Asha, wh-what are you doing?"

You speak to her, but she doesn't react.  Your worry only increases as the indistinct fuzziness starts to spread to Tooru's body, crawling off of Asha and across Tooru's skin.  As it covers her torso, you stop being able to hear her heartbeat, and you nearly jump away to get Tooru away from whatever Asha is doing to her--but you hesitate, and the indistinctness spreads to her legs, which you can see with your actual eyes.  They don't seem to change in any visible way, even though your magical senses tell you that they're dissipating in the same way as Asha.  So you just nervously wait, hoping that this resolves itself.

Eventually Tooru's entire body is consumed by the strange aura.  Asha's cloudy shape seems to send out a few pulses of energy, each one subtly changing Tooru's cloudy form, and then all of a sudden they both snap back to normal.  Tooru's heartbeat returns, and more surprisingly, her arm and clothes are back, as if she never suffered any wounds at all.  Asha pulls back, returning to her perch, and you sigh in relief.  Both of them seem fine.

Tooru starts to move, her eyes blinking a few times.  She twists around to look at her surroundings, apparently confused.  You're about to say something to her, but your're interrupted by a foreign grumble invading your mind, with the voice of Alida.

<...ditch me here?  Couldn't spend one moment helping me fight.. too busy following and running away and jumping, not doing things..>

The moment she saw Tooru's lifeless body, Asha's emotions disappeared. Fear, sadness, courage... All were gone.

It was like that day. Everyone she cared about died, and she just stood there, watching. And today, it happened again. It was her fault, it was-

Alive. She heard it right. Alive. Which mean there was hope. She managed to do something when Tooru's arm was broken, maybe she could still save the girl...

Asha recovered her spirit.

"I am a magical girl." she muttered.

Lifting her head toward Mina, she shouted at the top of her lungs:
"Tooru! Hang in there!"

Run toward Mina and Tooru's location, and put my hands on Tooru. Focus your energy, wish for her wellbeing, hug her... Do something with your powers Asha!

[While doing that, Asha's mind was filled with only one though "I must save her, even if it costs me my life..."]

You can't exactly run towards Mina, since she's suspended in the wires a good twenty feet above you.  Even staying balanced where you're currently perched is fairly difficult, actually.  You clench your fists around two wires while anxiously watching Mina, trying not to think about how high up you are.  Your heart skips a beat when the green girl seems to lose her balance and fall, but she skillfully controls her descent, slowing herself with quick little kicks, while her hands hold tight to Tooru.  She's level with you in moments, and she flashes you a quick worried look before turning away to catch herself.

Up close, Tooru's wounds look so much worse.  She's hanging facedown over Mina's back--mercifully, you can't see her face--but a lot of damage is still evident, particularly the damage to her right arm.  Her white sleeves have mostly been charred black, and the right sleeve is almost entirely gone, letting you see the mottled red burns covering what remains of her arm.  Blood freely flows from the arm, already starting to stain the back of Mina's outfit.  You have to do something, so you reach for her, but you promptly overbalance and fall into Mina's back, nearly knocking her over.

Mina seems to be able to handle your weight, so you don't even try to recover, instead hugging Tooru.  You close your eyes and bury your face into the back of her red shirt, trying to focus your magic, like you did before to heal her shoulder.  After a few seconds of concentration, Tooru's body and wounds start to become more visible in your mind, more than they had when you fixed her shoulder; you can feel her wounds, as a kind of distortion in the magic that makes up her body, like fraying string at the edge of a cloth.  Seeing her like this, not as a person but as a intricately-woven web of magic, comforts you--she's mostly whole, with almost exclusively superficial damage.  Even her right arm, which is outright gone below the elbow, seems almost whole to your magical sense.  It's less like her arm has been blown off, and more like it was... unwound?

Shaking your head, you clear your thoughts.  Seeing her like this, you know you can fix her.  You let your magic flow into her, knitting Tooru's scattered threads back together, and stitching your own power in where there isn't enough to fully piece her back together.  It's almost beautiful, in a way, to watch her strands come back together, more of her own accord than your own.  You're momentarily struck by a desire to change her slightly, weave her back together in a better pattern, but it passes; you just need to fix her, not improve her.

The whole process is completed in seconds, and you pull away as it finishes, examining Tooru.  You're surprised by how pristine she looks; there's no trace of the severe wounds she had mere moments ago.  Even her clothes are fully repaired and cleaned, the only remaining hint of her injuries being the streak of crimson across the back of Mina's green shirt.

Tooru soon stirs, looking around at her surroundings in confusion.  She quickly notices you, and visibly relaxes as soon as she meets your gaze.  But before you can say anything, a unfamiliar girl's voice enters your mind, grumbling about something.

<...ditch me here?  Couldn't spend one moment helping me fight.. too busy following and running away and jumping, not doing things..>

Tooru wanted to cry, but seemingly had no eyes with which to do so. Was she really dead? Already? But she was only thirteen. . . This was her first witch hunt. She hadn't even gotten killed by the witch or its minions; she'd blown herself up like some stupid cartoon character. She moped for a moment or three (it was hard to tell,) drifting aimlessly in this non-place. A notion came to her after some indeterminate time; maybe she could somehow. . . go back? She was magical, now, all.

Try to go back to reality. Focus on trying to move something, even though I can't actually feel anything.

You try to move your arms, to wave them around, or hug yourself, or... anything, really.  As far as you can tell, nothing happens, there's still a complete lack of any sort of sensation or feedback.  It's very strange to be without a body; you can still try and move your limbs, and almost trick yourself into thinking that you actually can feel something, but there's simply nothing there.

[Innocence]
[Creativity]

Still, you don't give up.  You have to get back somehow, you can't just leave Asha and that green girl alone, without help!  You focus on visualizing the network of wires that you had been carried through, hoping that maybe you can drag your spirit back to the area or something.  Immediately, the nothingness around you changes; you can sense just a hint of the misery engulfing that place, invading the space around you.  Undaunted, you focus on that depressing feeling, seizing it like a lifeline back to reality.

The misery gradually thickens back into the choking miasma that you had almost gotten used to, and then you spot a light in the darkness.  A shining beacon, so very different from the despair all around it.  You focus on that beacon's glow, mentally dragging yourself towards it, and as you get closer it gets sharper.  It's actually two lights, both close together--the duller light is clearly Asha, you've seen her shining enough to be sure--but the brighter one is unfamiliar, someone who you've never seen through your emotional sense.  They're both so close, if you had a body you're sure you could reach out and touch them, but still you just can't feel anything, at all, it's--

You gasp and awaken, a sudden rush of sensation overwhelming you.  You can feel a thousand little prickles across your entire body, slight itches that feel completely alien, yet nostalgically familiar at the same time.  Your skin crawls as if it's someone else's, or as if it forgot its owner.  After a moment, you start to get a handle on the sudden rush, and try to figure out where you are.  You're still thrown over someone's shoulder, that's for sure, but this person grips you much more lightly than your kidnapper did, plus she's wearing green rather than blue and white.  Though, she does have a streak of fresh blood soaking into the back of her outfit, about where you jammed your talismans into that girl...

You lift yourself up a little, looking around.  Wires block your view of the ground below, making it impossible to tell how high you are, and the two walls that you can see don't have any recognizable marks--only a few empty windows, which look identical to every other window in this place.  You groan and look a little higher, almost immediately meeting Asha's hopeful gaze.  She's just a couple feet ahead, just behind the girl carrying you.  She looks... tired, but happy-ish?  It's hard to tell, and you're still somewhat overwhelmed by everything...

You flinch and your eyes go wide when you hear the voice of your kidnapper, angrily speaking from somewhere close.  It's like she's speaking through every wire in this place, her voice coming from everywhere and nowhere.

((Yay, someone used telepathy!  IC, it should really take y'all a couple minutes to figure out how it works and how to talk through it--have to know where someone is, and focus on them while thinking hard--but I'm just gonna say you can use it freely now.  Mostly because a turn of everyone asking "how do i shot word" is uninteresting.  Powers starting completely alien and unknown worked a lot worse than I had hoped. :-\ ))

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2017, 03:57:32 am »

((Don't worry syvarris, writing takes a lot of energy. Take your time, we will wait, and thanks again for the game! I will post my action later, I'm lacking inspiration at the moment.))

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2017, 04:48:42 pm »

"Asha, you're here!" There were a lot of things she wanted to say past that simple statement of the obvious, and Tooru visibly stumbled over her own words, getting none of those out as a result. She inhaled after a moment or two, the nervousness about the voice overcoming her relief at, well, not being dead. "That voice, that was the. . . thing that kidnapped me, where is it coming from?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2017, 11:35:40 am »

Alida gives one last thought to her comrade..  "I hope you've been doing better than I have."

Smile.  Don't let the creature have the satisfaction of seeing me hurt.  You know, more than I already am.

Put down the club with the less-injured body, and pick up the original.  Remove my soul gem from my breast, and pin it on the less injured body.  Keep the more injured one looking at the wire man intently, while smiling.  Then throw her, aiming for the creature's legs first.  As she flies, she will try to give the creature one last blow with her feet.  The less injured body, with the soul gem, will look for a chance to fling her club into the machine.  If no opportunity presents itself, she will try to centre herself and recover her balance.  If the thrown body gets mangled, drop the effigy, and simply leave Alida with the one, less injured body.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:53:01 am by Devastator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 05, 2017, 03:01:04 pm »

"I-I'm sorry, there was a thing and it looked like you and then I s-saw one of the others get hurt and the thing turned out to not be you and we had to save the person..." Mina tried to explain, hurriedly. "D-Do you need help? They're a bit hurt but I can try to rush over..."

Standby action: Assist others if they do any sort of action.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:45:45 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 05, 2017, 03:11:59 pm »

((Good news everyone, exciting new magical grill R&D is being done as we speak. Soon you too will be able to benefit from the latest developments and discoveries in magic, totems and witch subspecies.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2017, 07:42:17 pm »

"Do something, don't just run away and look at others.  If you are doing something important, do it.  If you aren't, come help me!"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 84