Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140470 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2017, 03:51:09 pm »

"R-Right!" She had to make it right, but rushing in was probably stupid. <Uh... do you two think you could watch our backs? If you don't feel like you can fight after what happened...>

Assist Alida! Try to kill the wire thing (carefully - don't want to rush in and get mulched) and find a way to break the machines. Can the magic-sense find a weak spot, or see if this is the Witch?

[Innocence]

The Alida near you starts walking determinedly towards the nearby machines, giving the mass of writhing wires a wide berth.  You start to trail after her, but end up deciding that the bloody wires near Alida's more wounded body is a more pressing issue; you carefully walk over to it, stepping protectively in front of Alida's sitting form, and inspect it with your magical senses.

[Creativity]

You're... not really sure whether it's the witch.  Pumsy said that this whole labyrinth is the witch's creation, but the misery that permeates everything here doesn't seem to be coming from the mass of twisting wires.  The misery does seem to be stronger around them, but if anything it seems more like they're sucking up the ambient emotion?  It's hard to tell, everything here feels so unnatural and works so strangely.  You don't even know what this thing should look like, let alone what would indicate whether its a witch.

Well, it doesn't really matter.  Witch or not, it certainly seems dangerous.  You examine the wires carefully with your magic sense, trying to find some sort of weak spot or central concentration of misery, but meet no success.  Each strand of wire looks identical to every other wire; at most, you can tell that they're wrapped around something abnormal.  Everything here, including the air and the ground, seems to be made from misery, or be a conduit for the miasmatic emotion, but the thing the wires are wrapping around is completely absent any emotion.  Though they hide it completely from your normal sight, to your magical sight it's plainly there, like a bubble in glass.

[Bravery]

You don't have any better ideas, so you carefully step forward and thrust your halberd into the mass, focusing on the thickest knots of wires.  Immediately, they start wrapping around your weapon, but you aggressively hop back and yank it free before they can tighten around it.  You stop for a second to ensure the monster doesn't retaliate, and then repeat your attack.  Each time you stab into the wires, they slow down and reduce their spasming, until eventually the entire mass is unmoving.

You pause to inspect it again, worried that it's only playing dead--there isn't really that much visible damage, and you're not even sure it makes sense for living wires to die once they're severed.  Your magical senses are unfortunately unhelpful; it looks about the same as it did before, though you've added a number of new holes in the empty thing the wires are wrapped around.  Maybe that thing was its brain?  Maybe that's what a witch looks like?  You don't know...

Alida breaks down for a moment at seeing the other girls.

"Thank you, oh thank you, you came here in time.  The wire creature there almost killed me."

Stop the machine, with either or both bodies, whatever can do it.  After doing so, drop Effigy, removing the more wounded body and collapse.

[Bravery]
[Mercy]

You think you could struggle over to the machine with either body, but the one that you talked to Mina through is in much less pain... besides, the other body is already in a good position to watch the wireman's body in case it somehow manages to revive.  You slowly make your way around the writhing wires, stopping for a moment to pick up the club you'd thrown before.  You carry it to the quietly humming machine, half expecting the monster to charge at you before you can harm the machine... but it just stays where it is, content to writhe and lash at the air blindly.  Mina's inspecting it now too, so hopefully she can stop it if it does suddenly attack.

You take a deep breath, then start smashing the machine with your full strength.  You only have to hit it twice before it grinds to a stop, light smoke leaking from where the cable enters it, and you release the breath.  Mina's started stabbing the monster, and it's clearly getting weaker.  None of the unbroken machines are active, and you could smash them even if they did start up, long before they reel in whatever it is that the cables are attached to.  You take a few steps forward, away from the machine, and sit down, relaxing for the first time since you entered this place.  You stare at the deflated cocoon of wires that had trapped the monster, while staring at the remains of the monster itself simultaneously.  Gradually, the monster fades from your view, until you realize that you can't feel your original body anymore--or its painful wounds.

You actually feel less exhausted too, perhaps because your current body is less wounded... but probably just because you haven't really gotten a chance to rest during that long fight.  Looking around, the walls of wire figures that were blocking the exits seem to be breaking up, the figures retreating away from you and the others.  It looks like you won't even have to fight your way out.

"G-Get away from her! I blew up one of you already, I'm not afraid to do it again," Tooru lied blatantly, shouting at the bloodstained girl. The quaver in her voice would have made the greatest opera singer jealous, if only it were controlled and not a result of the girl being quite ready to start screaming and flailing about at the slightest provacation.

Ready another talisman!
<You tried to kidnap me! Or, something that looked like you but was made of these horrible wire things like everything else here. I think it's gone now, though. . .>

As an addition, stay alert for any further threats.

You summon up another talisman, hoping you don't have to use it, while you watch Mina and the blonde.  They seem to reach an agreement, and promptly split up, the unfamiliar girl slowly walking to a circle of boxy cable-reeling machines in the center of the chamber, while Mina moves to inspect a squirming pile of wires that you hadn't noticed before.  There's another blond sitting near her, but Mina doesn't seem to care as she carefully starts attacking the wires, while the first blond starts smashing a machine.

[Creativity]

After a minute, both of them have destroyed their targets without incident, though Mina still seems wary of the wires.  The girl near her fades away, so suddenly that you barely even notice, and the other blonde sits down in the very centre of the chamber, resting.  She looks up at a deflated sack woven from--of course--even more wires, hanging about ten feet above the ground.  The sack is held up by a thick cable, and your eyes follow the cable up, where it leads into the impenetrable net of wires high above.  Six other cables hang in a circle around it, each of them reaching down to one of the machines below.  The whole formation seems off to you, and you stare at their top, wondering what they're there for.

Then you notice golden eyes, seven of them, arrayed across the surface of something large and smooth.  There's something large up there, almost invisible among the wires and darkness, and it's staring down, directly down, at the girl sitting in the circle of machines.

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakeen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2017, 05:32:53 pm »

Tooru took a frightened step or two backward, looking up at the. . . thing and making a rather unintimidating noise. "There's something up there!" she managed after a moment. "It's a spider or something! Look out!"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2017, 08:31:12 pm »

Sit down and try to recover my balance.  Look up where Tooru is indicating.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2017, 10:39:07 am »

((Will post later today, when I get home. Sorry for delay, bunch of tests have been happening))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2017, 09:11:38 pm »

((Did I say yesterday I meant today))

Mina smacks the monster a few more times before taking a few steps back, wiping off some sweat. "Huh? What is it-" she looked up to where Tooru was indicating. Assuming she can see it, she stands ready, watching and waiting for it to move... "A-Alida... I think you should move..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 24, 2017, 06:38:57 am »

Tooru shouts her warning, causing the other three girls to all look up at the creature hiding high above.  The seven golden eyes seem undeterred, maintaining their gaze on Alida.  A thin, many-jointed limb that's three times as long as a person and made of worked brass reaches out from the net, gripping one of the cables that dangle down to the machines around Alida.  Two more similar limbs follow it, gripping different cables, and the monster begins to carefully haul itself down out of the thick wires.

It's a giant clockwork spider, as large as a van and built entirely from old brass, streaks of greenish corrosion marring its surface.  The seven bright gold eyes that were visible are lamps attached to the front of its barrel-shaped cephalothorax, though they continually change position and slide across the spider's surface.  A jagged row of tarnished silver spikes crown it, the spikes on the right mostly cracked and smashed away.  Two heavy plated limbs are protectively folded across the lower half of its face, which combined with its slow and deliberate motions gives it an almost hesitant appearance, but the intense glare that it's fixed Alida with is clearly hostile.

[Joy]

Mina weakly mumbles her warning to Alida just before the monster finishes hauling itself most of the way out of the wires, and Alida starts scrambling away as its body weight drags it the rest of the way free.  The mechanical spider plummets down towards her, shifting its eight thin spear-like legs downward, aiming to skewer the blond girl.  Despite its long reach, Alida manages to roll far enough away as it lands, a leg embedding itself in the solid stone ground behind her.  She regains her feet quickly, spinning around to look at her enormous assailant.

The spider has managed to embed all eight of its sharp legs into the ground, trapping itself momentarily, but even so it's still intimidating enough that both Mina and Alida unconsciously step back away from it, while Asha and Tooru retreat farther back into the wires that they're still perched among.  It's truly huge, more than twice as tall as any of them, and crafted from thick, nearly seamless brass.  Its main body is already large, but it's made even more imposing by the two massive spools of heavy cable that it carries horizontally in place of an abdomen, each as thick as a human is tall.

The spider is facing Alida, four eyes staring her down while the other three migrate to its left side and inspect the other girls.  Alida chose a poor direction to flee in; the creature isn't directly between her and the others, but it's near enough that she'd have to get closer to it to regroup with them.  Or she could retreat down the path she had originally come from with Mina, leaving the others to face this monster themselves...

All seven eyes slip back to the front of the creature, focusing on Alida, and it starts struggling violently, trying to free its legs.  Three are freed almost immediately, and the other five will clearly be out soon.

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakeen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 24, 2017, 07:18:45 pm »

(Nakeen appears to have disappeared for two weeks (or has been browsing while logged off and has seen no reason to post.) I'm not declaring them dead or anything, but this is a warning that if you're gone for too long I'll poke syv to get you killed off so new people can join. :P)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 24, 2017, 07:47:34 pm »

((If Nakeen is removed and a new spot is opened, I would like to join or reserve if possible. If yes, should I make a sheet now?))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 24, 2017, 09:02:33 pm »

((Yeah, Nak's disappeared before, but he's been gone longer than usual this time.  If he still hasn't posted by the time this mission ends, I'll NPC Asha.  Hope that doesn't happen, I quite like her.

RGU... I'll post a full response on the 26th, or possibly early early morning the 27th.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 26, 2017, 12:08:21 am »

MEANWHILE

<There is no freedom... just false hope.>

The many scimitars stab forward together, too many to count stabbing into your body from every angle, before withdrawing and repeating.  They barely hurt, compared to the prior agonies you've suffered, but they steal your breath as they open your lungs, and you can feel as your body starts shutting down from the extreme damage.  Darkness eats at the edges of your vision, and you start to panic.

But please, tell me more about what you're fighting... :P
dont worry i have it under control
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 12:19:44 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 26, 2017, 11:09:29 pm »

Are they just going to keep getting bigger until I fall?  There has to be an end to them..

Time to regroup with the other girls.  Do so by launching myself full-speed towards the giant spider.  Try to break one of the legs that's attached to the ground, aiming at the end near the thorax.  After doing so, launch myself up high into the air, towards a wire to grab.  This should get me clear of the creature should the other girls attack it, while forcing the spider to continue splitting its attention.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #221 on: December 27, 2017, 02:16:06 am »

Tooru, already on edge, screamed when the thing dropped, crumpling and whipping her talisman at the spider-thing without much of anything resembling aim. Unfortunately, her first urge after that was to run away, a reflex that might have perhaps been slightly more useful were she on solid ground. As it were, she had to attempt to catch herself after she began to start obeying instinct and quickly found a lack of ground to place a foot; if she could actually manage to get ahold of herself and not fall to the ground, she'd try to get more of a height advantage on the thing and summon another talisman.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 27, 2017, 06:10:31 am »

Gaahhh.  Waitlists and wards.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Additionally, I have some advice on character creation.  There's some traits that I want characters to have, and others that I really don't, which didn't occur to me until I had to choose who would get in. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

syv sleep now.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 27, 2017, 11:22:08 am »

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:18:56 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 29, 2017, 09:08:26 am »

Mina takes a moment to steady herself, having stumbled back as the spider dropped - another monster... was this it? Would they finally be done with this when this died? Well, she didn't know, but she certainly wasn't gonna just sit around. She dashed forward, intending to strike at one of the stuck legs, doing what damage she could before it is freed and she retreats, ideally up to the wires and in range to assist and be assisted by the others.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 84