Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140635 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #255 on: January 24, 2018, 05:30:23 pm »

Alida slumps down, breathing heavily, and taking a look at her bleeding arms.  Now that the combat is over, she notices all the blood.

"Uh.. Can anyone help me with this?"

Medical attention?  Find bandages and try to stop the bleeding.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 25, 2018, 05:11:18 am »

Alida slumps down, breathing heavily, and taking a look at her bleeding arms.  Now that the combat is over, she notices all the blood.

Asha's heart was still throbbing vigorously from the fight. But the moment she heard Alida and noticed her bleeding wounds, all echoes in her chest seemed to have vanished.

"Ah... Wait, let me help."

She approached Alida, despite still feeling an unconscious wariness toward her. Yet she crushed this feeling deep inside her, and moved on to treat the girl. That was more important.

Soothe!

She focused on that past sensation of giving up part of herself to mend what was wrong. Expanding more of her powers, she healed Alida. For a moment, she noticed it was a little hard to breath... Probably my imagination, thought Asha.

When her focus on the wounds was no longer needed, she looked toward Pumsy with an inquisitive look. She also couldn't decide if she was supposed to get mad or relieved at his remark on their survival. Anywa, if no one had asked the question yet, she said:
"Sorry Pumsy but... can you explain? What is that 'Grief Seed'?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2018, 03:05:39 am »

Tooru climbs down from the shelves slowly, a lot of her previous coordination seemingly leaving her now that adrenaline wasn't coursing through her veins; she felt like the amount she was shaking should have been audible. She didn't want to look at the others; she felt embarrassed, ashamed at what her performance in that fight had caused. Mostly, she just blew herself up, and got everyone else hurt in the process of trying to be useful. . .

The girl sniffled a bit, but remained otherwise silent.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2018, 05:57:24 pm »

Mina rushes over to Alida, but then Asha takes the healing into her own hands before she reaches there. "I-I said it before, but I'm sorry for leaving you e-earlier..." she stammers. "T-The illusion thing made me think you were behind me... oh, and does anyone have some water or something?" the last bit comes as she realizes just how much blood is on her, that's not hers.

She'd need to be rushing home as soon as she could - how long had they been in there? She wanted to be sure to get home before her father did, and if she was too late then it'd probably be better not to arrive covered in blood...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 27, 2018, 03:43:43 pm »

Medical attention?  Find bandages and try to stop the bleeding.

Asha's heart was still throbbing vigorously from the fight. But the moment she heard Alida and noticed her bleeding wounds, all echoes in her chest seemed to have vanished.

"Ah... Wait, let me help."

She approached Alida, despite still feeling an unconscious wariness toward her. Yet she crushed this feeling deep inside her, and moved on to treat the girl. That was more important.

Soothe!

She focused on that past sensation of giving up part of herself to mend what was wrong. Expanding more of her powers, she healed Alida. For a moment, she noticed it was a little hard to breath... Probably my imagination, thought Asha.

When her focus on the wounds was no longer needed, she looked toward Pumsy with an inquisitive look. She also couldn't decide if she was supposed to get mad or relieved at his remark on their survival. Anywa, if no one had asked the question yet, she said:
"Sorry Pumsy but... can you explain? What is that 'Grief Seed'?"
Mina rushes over to Alida, but then Asha takes the healing into her own hands before she reaches there. "I-I said it before, but I'm sorry for leaving you e-earlier..." she stammers. "T-The illusion thing made me think you were behind me... oh, and does anyone have some water or something?" the last bit comes as she realizes just how much blood is on her, that's not hers.

She'd need to be rushing home as soon as she could - how long had they been in there? She wanted to be sure to get home before her father did, and if she was too late then it'd probably be better not to arrive covered in blood...

Asha approaches Alida carefully, still somewhat afraid of Alida, but unwilling to let her suffer.  She reaches out and takes the wounded girl's hands in her own, then closes her eyes, focusing her magic like she had done for Tooru before.  It comes easier this time, after only a second she can sense Alida's body, and her wounds, unfolding into countless strands of woven magic in front of her.  Unexpectedly, Alida's wounds look much worse like this, despite being far less severe than Tooru's had been; the cuts along her arms look like blackened razorwire knotted into the threads, disrupting and tearing at her natural form.  Even more deeply buried, Asha can see more wires winding through Alida's legs.

Asha starts to pull at those black wires with her magic, but as soon as she touches them Alida writhes in further pain as the tangled blades tear away at Alida's soul.  Asha lets go immediately, and then pauses, unsure how to help--if she removes the obviously bad wires, she'd do far more damage to the girl than she could repair.  Eventually she decides to simply re-weave the loose strands of Alida's soul caused when the wires were buried inside the girl's arms, closing the bleeding wounds that had been all she expected when she cast her spell.  Feeling guilty about her inability to repair the true damage, Asha sets to tracing every strand of Alida, ensuring the girl is completely and utterly whole, if not pure.

Finished, Asha ends her spell, and collapses backward, suddenly exhausted.  Tooru rushes to her side, having no idea what just happened.  From her perspective, Alida's wounds just closed up, her clothes were cleaned of blood and repaired, and then she seemed to get a complete makeover within half a second--all before Asha collapsed backward in sudden exhaustion.  Mina just watches silently, having already seen a seemingly identical process when Tooru had been healed near her.  After Asha seems to have catched her breath, Tooru asks if anyone has any water--Asha shoots her a glare as if she's insane, while Tooru and Alida both chuckle lightly at the inane question.  Alida points out that the store probably has a bathroom, which Mina immediately leaves to go find, worried about how long she's been gone already.

Asha, still somewhat winded, turns away from Alida, and looks at Pumsy, who's now close and sniffing at the tarnished tiara.  "Sorry Pumsy but... can you explain? What is that 'Grief Seed'?"

Pumsy looks up, and tilts his head slightly in confusion.  "Don't you know...?  I usually tell girls before they make their wish... oh!  I remember, you were gonna be killed by the really big witch, so you didn't have time!  That explains why you healed Alida, I thought you were just stupid, but you actually don't know how things work!  A grief seed is the soul gem of a magical girl who has fallen to despair, after she's lost all hope.  That's why it's so black--it's just full of hatred, now.  The only thing it's good for is purifying the soul gems of better magical girls; if you touch it to your soul gem, it'll suck all the darkness right out!"  Pumsy sits down and puffs out his tiny chest proudly, his tail lightly waving behind him.  After a moment, his eyes widen, and he quickly adds on "Oh!  You can also feed it to me, and I'll use her last bits of power to strengthen your own soul, but that won't actually purify it any.  It'll just mean the next grief seed will help you more.  Don't do that, it'd be really really stupid."  He glares at Asha sternly with that.

((If the next actions are just more kitty questioning, the next update will probably be really fast.  Trivial to write speech.  Hard to write powers, traveling, and animal abuse. :( ))

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2018, 04:02:56 pm »

Shoe status: Like new!
:D

(I was hoping for mundane first aid, actually, to save on soul power.  Thanks anyway.)

Alida points at the jewellery.

"So.. is this enough to purify all of us?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2018, 04:38:01 pm »

Alida looks at her now-intact arms.

"Really weak?  That kinda hurt.  Or felt strangely numb.."

"..Who goes first?  And do we have to do it now?"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:40:57 pm by Devastator »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2018, 04:56:02 pm »

(Yep, I guessed so! But rp wise, the action I took was totally what Asha would do.)

Asha looked downward. What Pumsy said about Grief Seeds... Asha already had a vague grasp of it. She could feel it everytime she used her powers.

She felt stupid. She was torn between telling what she had in mind, or not. Surely, they would see her as an inconvenience... But then again... Attempting to hide it would lead to her becoming a heavier burden...

I... I think I need it. I'm so sorry... is what she wanted to say

She showed her soul gem, which had a fading light... She could hardly look at the other girls, ashamed as she was.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2018, 05:48:54 pm »

((Just "fading"? Hah! You've got it easy!))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2018, 06:07:00 pm »

"I don't think I need it just yet. My soul gem is good and bright for now!" Mina says. "So one of you guys can take it." she pauses as Asha takes it. "Assuming it has another go in it, that is. If my opinion matters at all on it, I think Alida was fighting alone for a long time, so she might need it a bit more than you... huh, I don't know your name, explosion-person."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #266 on: January 28, 2018, 03:43:55 am »

"Weak? But we almost died, and it kept making those weird copies of us. . ." Tooru flinched a bit at 'explosion-person.' Yeah, blew herself up, and blew Asha up, and almost blew the other two up. She was doing her best not to break down right there. And Pumsy was being so mean, still, and she didn't know why that reek of despair had been coming from him but it also made her want to cry and. . .

Not now, at least. "I'm Tooru. I think Asha should take it, she had to bring me back after all. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #267 on: January 28, 2018, 07:17:28 am »

((PTW
Really love your work Syv. Can't wait to see what happens next.
I'm thinking of making a Purity char for the eventual TPK whenever a new slot opens up. I've already got some inspiration for her, just need some time to figure out the stats and details.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 28, 2018, 07:21:02 am »

((I'm afraid that if you pick Purity you'll have to DUEL SOPHIA TO THE DEATH over which of us is MOST PURE. :I))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 28, 2018, 08:56:27 am »

"Yeah, I mean if it can get two, I think it should be Asha and Alida. ...Are you alright, Tooru? Did I say something wrong?" this last came in response to the flinch. "I'm sorry if I did, I'm not super used to... well, talking to people."
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 84