Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140353 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #300 on: February 19, 2018, 05:56:36 pm »

These things, they take time.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 21, 2018, 11:40:26 am »

((Greh.  No, the problem isn't that it takes time, the problem is that I just haven't been able to make myself write.  I've known what this update would contain since before the witch was killed, and it took less than two hours to actually write even being tired.  The longer I procrastinate about updating, the harder it is to stop procrastinating. -.-))

Mina, at least, will be going home.

You rush out of the store immediately after giving your phone number to the other girls.  Moments after you pass the threshold, your phone starts exploding with text messages and missed call notifications from your parents demanding to know where you are.  All of them are old--apparently you don't get cell reception inside a witch's labyrinth?--and after a moment of deliberation you decide not to answer them immediately, and just start running home, retracing the path you took with Alida earlier.

You make it home in record time, but take a moment outside the door to steady yourself and make sure you look presentable.  Then you walk in calmly, smiling like nothing is wrong.  That smile fades immediately when you see your parents, both of them looking up at you from the kitchen, anxiety and surprise clear on their faces.  Your mom's eyes are red, like she's been crying.  You pause for a moment, not sure what to do or say, before your father starts storming toward you, demanding to know where you've been.

I'll be going home.

You follow Mina out after getting the other girls' numbers, and head home.  You were expecting to walk with her at least part of the way, but that expectation is shattered when she immediately breaks into a full bore sprint that you have no interest in matching.  Shrugging, you don't even bother following her, and take a different, more direct, path home.  Since it's already quite late, you make a leisurely pace, just watching the nightlife of the city.  Your route takes you through an area even poorer than the one you live in, a place you used to avoid whenever possible, but you aren't worried.  Nothing here is nearly as dangeous as the monsters you've fought and killed.

By the time you make it home, everyone seems to be asleep... except for Eva, your eldest sister, who's slumped forward onto the dining table.  She gives you a belatedly annoyed look when you walk into the room with her.

"Finally home, huh?  I was gonna give you a speech about responsibility and helping out and stuff, but I'm just too exhausted now.  You're wrangling kids tomorrow.  Leftovers are in the fridge."

Eva doesn't get up and leave or anything though, she just sits there watching you with an annoyed expression.

Onward to home!

You politely say goodbye to Tooru, and then leave, almost precisely retracing the path you took earlier.  It doesn't lead directly towards your 'home', but you aren't really eager to go back there anyway, and you appreciate the extra time alone.  It's not long before you reach your destination, but you choose to ignore it and walk past.  You may be tired, but you're not sleepy, and you don't feel like lying awake in a room with three other sleeping girls.  Wandering a strangely empty city isn't exactly a fun thought either, but at least you won't be listening to other people snore.

You lose track of time, wandering aimlessly around the streets and alleyways around your home, wondering why they're still empty even though the witch is dead now.  You've been out at this hour a couple times before, and there's always been at least a few people on the streets.  You're pulled out of your thoughts by loud banging sounds coming from a nearby alley, and then a series of barks and high pitched yowls, the first signs of life you've heard since leaving the hardware store.  Before you even realize you're moving, you've rushed to the alleyway and are rounding the corner.

You catch a glimpse of a thin dog fleeing into the shadows, gone before you even have a chance to get a good look at it.  You look around for the other animal you heard, and take a minute to find it in the darkness.  There's a small cat wedged into the corner between a dumpster and the wall, curled up tight.  It's mostly black, and would be near impossible to actually spot in this lighting if it weren't for the deep red wounds across its side.

Tooru heads home and grabs a bite to eat.

You awkwardly stand with Asha while the other girls leave, not sure whether you should leave yet.  Asha looks beat up and sad, you're a little worried about her.  She ends up deciding for you, however, by offering a quick goodbye and then just walking out without another word.  You trail after her for a few seconds as she leaves the way you two came, and you wonder whether she knows how to get home.  Then it occurs to you that you have no idea how to get home from here, and you start to panic for a moment, before remembering that your phone has a GPS.  You pull it out and get it to give you a path, and by the time that's done Asha is gone.  You shrug and hurry home, not wanting to miss dinner.

...That hope ends up being in vain, but you grab some food out of the fridge before heading into the living room where your father and brother are playing some video game.  They pause when they notice you come in, and your father gets up to come greet you.  He gives you a hug, before scolding you lightly about staying out so late with your friends without sending him a message or anything.  Your mom was apparently unhappy that you weren't home when she left for work, and your father was starting to get worried.

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 21, 2018, 12:35:25 pm »

"You're right, Sis, I should be here for you and the munchkins."  "I'll.. I'll see if I can help you out better.  And.. get some money."  Alida grabs something small and eats it while watching Eva, and gives her a hug.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:42:31 pm by Devastator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #303 on: February 21, 2018, 03:16:25 pm »

"Sorry, Dad. We, um, got distracted by some stuff and lost track of time. I'll try not to do it again!" Truth be told, she'd wanted to go home fairly early on in that particular outing, but it's not as if she had much of a choice. Though she wasn't technically lying, she never said what "stuff" she was doing. As she munched on the food from the fridge, she wondered how Asha was doing. . .

<Asha, can you hear me from this far away?>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 22, 2018, 06:53:27 am »

"You're right, Sis, I should be here for you and the munchkins."  "I'll.. I'll see if I can help you out better.  And.. get some money."  Alida grabs something small and eats it while watching Eva, and gives her a hug.

Eva gives a defeated chuckle, and cracks a smile.  "That's funny, you're gonna get money even though you don't even do chores reliably.  Don't worry about money, we're doing well enough, just... try and help out a bit more, okay?"

She returns your hug, then stands up and grins impishly.  "Go get some sleep.  Tomorrow's Saturday if you forgot, so the munchkins are gonna want to go do something.  And like I said, they'll be your responsibility, I'm taking the day off~"

<Asha, can you hear me from this far away?>

You get no response, which doesn't particularly surprise you.  When you've communicated telepathically before, you were always focusing on someone you could sense; it felt less like your thoughts were being broadcasted, and more like they were being sent down a narrow, winding path to the destination.  You have no idea where Asha is relative to you, she never even said where she lived, so you don't really have any idea where to send your thoughts.  Trying to communicate with her feels like talking into your phone without a phone number, your message isn't going anywhere that matters.

((Reminder: The next couple of weeks will mostly be abstract, with only a few 'zoomed-in' events.  Think of one or two things which you want handled in detail, as everything else will be summed up in a few paragraphs.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 22, 2018, 07:02:19 am »

((I can think of all kinds of things I want handled in detail!))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 22, 2018, 08:48:30 am »

"I-I'm sorry... I thought about going to bed but..." she gulped. She wasn't going to lie, per say. This was a feeling she'd had when she looked at her bed earlier, considering going to bed. She continued quietly. "I... I thought if I went to bed I wouldn't get out again... like before..." Even if this was... sort of true, it didn't make her feel less guilty. "S-So I went out on a walk... I stayed in safe places! N-Nowhere really dangerous!" The places weren't dangerous! The labryinth didn't count, it wasn't a part of the city.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #307 on: February 22, 2018, 10:23:38 am »

Tooru deflated slightly. Apparently not. Maybe she could try and track her down tomorrow, she was pretty caught up on homework. There was one assignment still unfinished, but she wasn't going to be very productive tonight. She elected to mostly relax, fill her empty stomach, and try to just be grateful that she and the other girls that went into the labyrinth were still alive.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 25, 2018, 05:01:58 am »

Go to bed.

That was a big day.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2018, 06:38:06 am »

((Greh.  No, the problem isn't that it takes time, the problem is that I just haven't been able to make myself write.  I've known what this update would contain since before the witch was killed, and it took less than two hours to actually write even being tired.  The longer I procrastinate about updating, the harder it is to stop procrastinating. -.-))
((I feel you on this...))

Asha approached the cat carefully. She wanted to help it, but she was also worried of scaring the animal away...
"Here, don't be scared. Let me help you, okay? Everything is going to be fine."

Asha tried to nurse the cat.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 12, 2018, 03:26:28 pm »

((Gah.  I dislike writing this sort of stuff, I'm mildly tempted to just say "fuck it, a few weeks later you're all at the mouth of another labyrinth."  I'd probably update faster if nothing else, and I'm not sure this intermission stuff even accomplishes anything.))

"I-I'm sorry... I thought about going to bed but..." she gulped. She wasn't going to lie, per say. This was a feeling she'd had when she looked at her bed earlier, considering going to bed. She continued quietly. "I... I thought if I went to bed I wouldn't get out again... like before..." Even if this was... sort of true, it didn't make her feel less guilty. "S-So I went out on a walk... I stayed in safe places! N-Nowhere really dangerous!" The places weren't dangerous! The labryinth didn't count, it wasn't a part of the city.

[Love]

You barely get through half of what you meant to say before your father starts yelling at you.  He's saying something about the house being safe, and mentions your illness, but you can't really understand half of what he's yelling; he's never been this angry before, you're too confused and scared by it to follow his ranting.  Instead you just shrink away and numbly nod along until your mother comes up behind him and puts her hand on his shoulder.  He turns, and she quietly whispers something to him.  You're still too disoriented to process her words, but they do seem to calm him down a great deal.

They both give you a hug, and start acting more normal, but you can tell that they're faking it.  Though you can sense some degree of relief in them, they're both practically exuding stress and fear, but you try to play along anyway as they lead you to the living room.  They sit you down and launch into a long, rambling lecture about dangerous that was, and how you were very reckless--while simultaneously trying to comfort you that nothing bad will happen, and that your illness won't come back.  You're not really sure what response they're trying to get out of you, but you're certain they missed the mark.  It all comes across as misguided at best, since they don't understand anything about why your sickness disappeared, or how much danger you're actually in.  It doesn't help that they barely ever let you get a word in.

Eventually, you ask to go to bed, and your parents relent, though they're clearly dissatisfied and still worried.  You then head upstairs, and sit down in your room, not truly tired yet, but not interested in playing games or anything either.  Instead, you focus on your magical senses, experimenting with how much you can detect.  Your entire room, already intimately familiar to you, is instantly distinguishable to you, even with your eyes closed.  With a bit of effort, you can discern your parents on the floor below, glowing motes of stress pacing around the house and talking with voices that are barely recognizable waves rumbling through the air.  You can't make out their words, but you know what they're saying all the same; they must be discussing you, and what to do.  You sigh and focus on blocking out your magical senses, and lay down to wait for sleep to come.

You really don't want to stay cooped up in this room.  You've spent years lying here already, and you finally have the ability to go out and explore, or do whatever else you want to do.  Your parents clearly don't want you to go out on your own, but they can't exactly stop you, either.  Just... you have to figure out what to do, first.

Tooru deflated slightly. Apparently not. Maybe she could try and track her down tomorrow, she was pretty caught up on homework. There was one assignment still unfinished, but she wasn't going to be very productive tonight. She elected to mostly relax, fill her empty stomach, and try to just be grateful that she and the other girls that went into the labyrinth were still alive.

You end up sitting and watching as Taro and your dad go back to playing their game while you finish eating, and for a little while after, not feeling like doing much of anything else.  It doesn't take long for your father to notice you moping, and after a moment of consideration he announces that he has something he needs to work on, and thrusts his controller into your hands before leaving.  He's gone before you can even think to protest, retreating at record speed.

Your brother shrugs at you, and points out that he can keep going solo if you're too tired to join, but you decide to play anyway.  You do like this game more than most of Taro's library, and it's a good way to get your thoughts away from the darkness of the labyrinth.

...The next couple hours pass quickly.  Normally you'd feel tired long before Taro--he always stays up way too late--but this time it's his yawning which makes the two of you put the game away and head to bed.  Once alone again, your mind goes right back to thinking about the labyrinth, and the other girls.  Normally when something bugs you this much you'd talk about it with someone, but you can't exactly discuss magic with any of your mundane friends.  You do eventually fall asleep anyway, but even then your dreams are filled with wires that dig into your palms, panicked climbing, and enormous shadows scuttling through the darkness just beyond your eyesight.

You wake up late the next morning, not feeling refreshed at all, but not able to go back to sleep either.  It's a weekend, so you end up just laying in bed until your phone buzzes, announcing a text; apparently Sandra and another girl you don't know very well were planning to go out and do something today, and figured you might want to come along.  Knowing Sandra, "planning" is a strong word--with her, usually the "something" is only decided once everyone's together.

If you do go out with Sandra, you could probably decide what to do.  Come to think of it, you'll see Asha in class Monday, regardless of how you spend the time over the weekend, so you don't have to go looking for her... or you could go looking with your friends in tow.  Asha did seem pretty lonely, maybe meeting people would be good for her?

((I feel you on this...))

Asha approached the cat carefully. She wanted to help it, but she was also worried of scaring the animal away...
"Here, don't be scared. Let me help you, okay? Everything is going to be fine."

Asha tried to nurse the cat.

The cat weakly hisses at you as you come closer, its bright white teeth making you hesitate for a moment.  Then you recall the monster in the labyrinth, and mentally chide yourself for being afraid of a tiny wounded animal--it just doesn't realize you're trying to help.  You grab it loosely around the neck to keep it from biting you while you look at its wounds, and surprisingly it barely resists.

[Mercy]

You quickly realize that it's only so docile because its wounds are much more severe than you thought.  Judging from how much blood is pooling underneath it, and how little the wounds you can see are bleeding, it's laying on top of the largest injuries.  You start to lift it to get a better look, but it immediately spasms and lets out a horrible strangled screeching sound that sounds completely wrong coming from such a small animal.  You let go, not wanting to hurt it any more.

You don't think there's anything you can do for the feline, at least not without using magic.  Even then, you're not sure it would serve much of any purpose; the cat's far thinner than other street cats you've seen, you can easily see the contours of its skeleton through its black fur.  If you heal it with magic, that might just mean it'll die a slow death from starvation rather than a quick death from injuries.

Go to bed.

That was a big day.

You nod to Eva and then head to bed, saying goodnight.  You collapse into bed and quickly fall asleep.

You wake up to the wireman leering down at you, his swollen face hanging just above yours.  You struggle, trying to shove him away, but every movement sends agony shooting through your limbs--thorned metal strands are wound into your arms and legs, tying you down to your bed.  You start to yell and scream, but wires unwind from his mask and strike like snakes at your face, winding their way into and around your mouth, cutting your voice off.  For the first time, you can see his expression below the wires, ever so barely--he's smiling.

Blood starts to leak from his forehead as one of the loops tightens and splits his skin.  You grit your teeth and put all your effort into raising your right arm, the familiar weight of a club already in your hand, but he just starts to laugh.  The wires all begin writhing violently, tightening and sawing into his flesh and cutting him apart even as they flow towards you like a singular mass.  You can feel more wrapping around you, cutting into you, painfully winding into your flesh like so many strands of liquid fire.

You wake up in a cold sweat, holding your club in a deathgrip.  You quickly sit up and look around your room, fearing a monster, but everything is perfectly normal.  No wires, no blood, no gangly men mummified with metal.  You breath a slow sigh of relief as you inspect yourself; you're not hurt or anything, just sore... it was just a nightmare, even if it didn't feel like one.  You focus on putting it out of your mind and getting ready for the day.

The morning passes normally, and the house is soon full of screaming children, who you ignore with practiced ease.  That is, until Eva suggests to one of them that they should bug you to take them out somewhere.  You give her a plaintive look, but she just smiles leans back as several of your siblings circle around you and beg you to take them somewhere.  You tell them that you can't take them anywhere if they don't know where they want to go--hoping that they'll just start arguing about it fruitlessly--but surprisingly Ron suggests the park, and the other two immediately concur.  You're stunned for a moment by your younger siblings' newfound ability to actually agree on something for once... It's probably Eva's fault.

Half an hour later you find yourself in the middle of the park, watching as your siblings run around and play.  As their games take them back and forth across the area, you trail behind and idly watch the rest of the parkgoers.  There's a lot of people around, most of them uninteresting, and none of them interesting enough to hold your attention very long.  You feel exceptionally bored, up until you turn your attention back to the kids and realize they've stopped playing and are crowded around a bench, fiddling with something next to a very young Russian girl who looks rather uncomfortable.

You walk closer, and soon see what the kids are doing: they're petting a small pink tiger cub with black stripes, who is happily rolling around and enjoying the attention.  You shift your gaze to the girl and inspect her; she doesn't have any visible jewelery, and is wearing fairly normal clothes, aside from a very fancy scarf... but then she meets your gaze and visibly stiffens, her vision flicking between your face and your soul gem.

"You are Alida?"

You're woken up by a fluffy projectile landing on your midsection and excitedly shouting for you to wake up.  You bolt upright and swat at the animal in your bed a few times before recognizing it as Pumsy, the tiger cub you met yesterday.  Unperturbed, he hops away and stands tall at the foot of your bed, continuing to urge you to get up.  His excitement is infectious, and quickly replaces your sleepiness--before you know it, you're leaving the house, and chasing him down the sidewalk.  The feline sets a very fast pace, and you start to have second thoughts when you stop to breath for a moment and realize that you already have no idea where he's led you to.  You tell him as much when he pads over to you and asks why you slowed down.

"We're going to the park to meet Alida!  I told you before, now come on, we don't want to miss her!"

With that he rushes off again, and you hurry after, content that you at least know how to get home from the park.

...An hour later, you're sitting next to Pumsy on a bench, regretting this trip immensely.  You didn't grab anything to eat before leaving, it's cold out, and you're starting to think that "Alida" isn't going to ever come, despite the talking cat's insistence that she will come.  Maybe you doubt him partially because he's an impossible talking cat; thinking about things rationally, it isn't exactly sane to go rushing off into the city to meet people with superpowers just because magical neon animals insist that they totally exist.

You're pulled out of your thoughts when a girl even younger steps up to you and asks if she can pet your cat.  You stare down at her in surprise, too busy mentally wondering whether she's Alida to answer.

[Purity]

"Of course you can!  Go ahead!"

You speak without intending, your voice dissonantly cheerful and lacking any accent.  The little girl smiles and squeals with happiness as she hugs Pumsy, and a moment later she's joined by two boys, who seem to be her older brothers.  You're not sure what just happened, but Pumsy seems to be enjoying the attention, so you suppose this situation isn't bad... you're about to ask for the girl's name when you notice someone staring at you from nearby.

She's an older girl, wearing clothes which look even cheaper than your own, except for her shoes and the absurdly expensive-looking gemstone pinned to the left breast of her jacket.  The gemstone which actually seems to be faintly glowing, like magic.  You look up at her stern expression and suddenly feel very small.

"You are Alida?" you ask, already knowing the answer.

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 12, 2018, 07:43:02 pm »

Sasha patiently waits for an answer while nervously adjusting her scarf around her neck. Did the temperature suddenly drop?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 12, 2018, 07:54:25 pm »

"Yes..  yes I am.  What's your name?  And what brings you here?  That's Pumsy, isn't that?"

<Can you hear this?>
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:13:40 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 12, 2018, 08:13:38 pm »

At first, the uncertainty was too much. Did everything go alright with the witch fight? Pumsy said they could have died to it! She was barely able to contain herself to go there and help them, even if she was probably going to be useless for lacking powers.

"Oh dear... Everyone else is fine, right? Pumsy told me that you were fighting witch and I was very worried..."

No, she asked for my name! Introductions first!

"Ah! My name is Aleksandra. Nice to meet you! Forgot that. Yes, asked Pumsy to let me meet with other magical girls to help me decide on a wish! How dangerous are witches? What did you wish for? Can you really do magic?!"

Sasha quickly forgets about all of his nervousness. She was finally in front of an actual "magical girl"! Sooo cooool... Being so strong, saving people and being a hero that fights monsters... She must be really brave!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2018, 08:20:25 pm »

"Well, it looked pretty dangerous.  She was a spider made of wires the size of a bus, and had big, scary jaws and legs.  And yeah, everyone made it through fine.  I.. um, I wished for knowledge, and that's all I'll say about it.  And I don't really do magic.. it more seems like I am magic.  Um.. I'm not sure how to explain this, but don't move."

People just don't seem to notice it when I do something impossible.  Lets see if she notices.

Stand on one leg.  Jump off that one leg into a standing double backflip, landing on the other leg.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:31:20 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 84