Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 139902 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #495 on: August 13, 2018, 06:33:47 am »

Great to see this going again. Not great to see people arguing.  :(
[Jest mode on]
Anyways, i found a great song for Tooru to sing.  ;D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[Jest mode off]

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 14, 2018, 11:58:25 pm »

"So... Now what? Did boat just suddenly disappear?"

Leave the wounded guy to Asha. Investigate the darkness that ate the boat, then also enter the labyrinth.

Accept Memento and wear it immediately.

You start to walk away from Asha and the man she's examining, but she calls for you to come back for a moment.  You return to her, and she hands you a pretty blue ribbon, and you're immediately struck by how soft it is.  You can't help but smile as you accept the gift and tie it into your hair, and Asha returns the smile for a moment--before wincing and turning back to the man sitting beside her.  You don't pay much mind to her odd reaction, instead turning and walking back up to the neon light lined tunnel that seemed to eat the boat.

Up close, the darkness inside it is clearly unnatural.  The first couple inches of the tunnel are clearly visible, but there's a opaque wall of shadows just inside, completely unlike anything you've seen before.  Cautiously, you stick the barrel of your rifle into the shadows and wave it around a bit, before pulling it back out and examining it.  No damage.  You hesitate for a moment, a little worried, but also excited, and then step through the darkness.

For a brief instant there's a sense of vertigo as you enter the pitch-black labyrinth, and then you step down into a flowing stream of water.  Strangely, it's flowing forward, away from the entrance, even though water had been flowing out while you were outside.  You take a careful step forward, trying to be careful since you can't see anything yet, and promptly lose your footing, falling forward.  You shriek in surprise, throwing your hands forward to catch yourself, only to find empty air.

[Mercy]

You fall for a moment, too confused to be scared, before hitting the water again, still falling downward, but now being thrown around by the current.  You blindly flail for a handhold, but only manage to lose your rifle.  Something hard hits you on the back a moment later, pain arcing through your torso as you tumble and scream.  You hit a couple more bumps as you fall, and then suddenly it stops as you finally land, bellyflopping into the river at the bottom of the waterfall.  You struggle writhe around underwater, completely blind, too dizzy to figure out which way is up, and already out of breath from screaming on your trip downward.

Then you hear Asha speak to you, whispering as if she's right next to you.  <What happened?!  Are you okay?!>

Asha gasped. The boat had disappeared with the three magical girls, leaving her alone with the newcomer... And would the others be okay by themselves in the labyrinth? They were altogether, but still, she felt uneasy and a bit guilty for first suggesting to board the boat.

She noticed Sasha heading toward the entrance of the labyrinth. Panic was starting to brew inside her mind, and she took a deep breath to keep it together. Her heart was beating rapidly from the excitation. And with a slightly wavering voice, she said to Sasha:
"Don't stray too far! We must stay together."

Then she proceeded to tend to the rescued people, checking them for any physical, mental or soul injuries.
"But we don't know where the others even are, we can't risk becoming further separated... Not only that, but the telepathy seems to have been cut."

Asha could understand Sasha though. The desire to prove oneself, to be useful and answer to a calling...

"It's... not like I don't understand you know. I want to go help too, but I don't want to get in the way either. Ah!"

Her new powers came to mind.

"Sasha! Come here before going further! Take this and keep it close to you. It will let me know about your situation... I think."

Using Memento, Asha created a clear blue ribbon for Sasha to wear.

"Once I am done checking the victims, I will come with you."

((Please edit any later boldtext into your firstpost, or strikethrough prior posts' boldtext when you make a second.  If everything's in one post it's just easier to remember and understand.))

Just before Aleksandra leaves, you call her back, and quickly summon a new ribbon, this one a much closer likeness to the one your sister used to wear.  You hand it to her carefully, feeling weirdly anxious about the gift, but she promptly washes away your trepidation when she takes it, joyfully thanking you and smiling wide.  You return her smile as she ties the ribbon into her hair and does a little pose--and then feel a pang of depression when you realize how similar she looks to your dead sister, having tied the ribbon in the exact way she used to tie it.  You turn back towards the dazed man, taking a deep breath to steady yourself, as you hear Aleksandra walk back up towards the labyrinth.  You can sense her, now, and if you focus you can just barely make out her heartbeat.  It's... comforting.  That she's alive.

You screw your eyes shut, and force yourself to focus on the man in front of you.  This isn't a time to worry about the past.  You place both your hands on his shoulders, and focus on opening his soul.  The weave blossoms in front of you, as always, but this time you're immediately disappointed with it.  His soul is... extremely simple, more akin to the cat than to Alida, or Mina; it's far less intricate, far less artistic in its construction.  Still, it is very pure, and you scan over it for flaws and corruption.  You quickly realize that there's only one significant oddity to his soul; a orange strange of alien moss sitting in the core, between strands.  It's small, and weak, much different from the spiked wires you saw within Alida, but it's clearly not supposed to be there.  You think you could remove it without much difficulty, though you're unsure whether it would harm his soul... and maybe it would be fine to leave it?  If the witch put it there, maybe it'll just disappear on its own once she's dead?

You're suddenly pulled out of the spell when you feel an intense burst of terror.  You reel away from the man in confusion, not understanding what's happening or why--and then you realize.  Aleksandra just went into the labyrinth, and something happened to her, she's in danger!  You start to scramble towards the labyrinth's entrance on all fours, but something happens to her before you get there, something changes.  She can't breath, she's in pain, and she's underwater.  You futilely call out to her, wishing you could know what just happened while you were focused on the man's soul.

...Then she actually responds, you can hear her voice, somehow!

"The ride in was kinda fun, but this place is weeeeird." Tooru looked about at the environment she found herself in. It was probably supposed to be relaxing, luring in people or something, but there was a quality to it that made her feel deeply uncomfortable. Not to mention she was a little nervous about running out of magic. Her necklace was barely glowing any more. . . Still, she signed up for this, right? She was hunting the evildoers and saving people, that was good. Tooru hesitantly prods at the water with anything convenient; should nothing of note happen, she tests it with a finger before withdrawing quickly. Should nothing happen with that, she proceeds forward.

You walk to the front of the boat, and briefly contemplate taking something from one of the other passengers.  You're pretty sure none of them would notice if you stole something, and it would be for a good cause... but you end up just taking off your own shoe, and dipping it into the water.  Nothing happens, beyond the shoe getting wet, so you poke a finger into the water.  You quickly conclude that whatever it is, the liquid is not water; it's too... heavy?  Thick?  It doesn't stick to your finger any more than you'd expect, but it requires too much force to submerge your finger, and it's so opaque that you can't see past your first knuckly.  Weird.

You look up to see that the boat is already passing a bend, and is just about to leave line of sight of the waterfall that it came down.  Is it speeding up?  You decide to ask Alida, but she's already gone, along with Mina--somehow you didn't hear either of them get off the boat.  That's a little worrying, maybe you should get off before you're carried too far away?  On the other hand, riding the boat seems like the fastest way forward, and if you hang back you'll probably lose track of all the human passengers...

You deliberate long enough to lose sight of the waterfall, but you can hear when Aleksandra comes down the waterfall, her screams loudly ringing out and getting closer, then suddenly going entirely silent without a sound.  That is very worrying.

Get off the boat and move onto the land.  Keep a clear sight of where we came in, and stay out in the open so that I can be easily seen by newcomers.

"Hold on, we shouldn't go too far from the entrance until we're all back together.  This place seems safe enough, but we got seperated last time and I had to fight on my own and almost got killed.  Lets stick together this time.. I'm sure Asha and the russian girl will come in soon, and I don't want them to have to look for us.. someone will get lost and we'll get killed alone."

You shake your head drowsily, and slowly climb back onto your feet.  Then you stumble to the edge of the boat, trying to concentrate on the fact that you need to get off of it, and promptly fall over the edge, faceplanting into the water.  You struggle for a moment, and right yourself quickly, finding that you float far better than normal.  Weird.  You blink a couple times, then backstroke over to the shore, turning over again and standing up when you reach the lilypads.  You awkwardly trudge up into the flowers, then trip on something and fall forward, your hands sinking deep into the shore, which is made of soft powder.

You stand up again while still knee-deep in the too-thick water, pulling your hands free and inspecting them.  Your hands and forearms are now covered in... ash?  Gray ash, which reminds you of the appropriately-named Asha.  You shift your weight around, feeling the weird mud beneath your feet.  That's made of ash too.  You feel like you're missing something, this is notable somehow, but all you can think of is the fact that your shoes are now both waterlogged and filled with ash.  At least you just bought a second pair earlier tonight...

You hear someone fall down from above, somewhere behind you, before suddenly going quiet.  You turn to look behind you, but see nothing but the still river, and quiet waterfall.  No boat, no girl, no signs of a struggling person.  Huh.

Mina staggered to her feet, mostly on her own ability since the clay man hardly provided a solid handhold. "This place doesn't seem to bad... at least not compared to the last one." she notes. She dusts herself off. "Everyone's ok right? Hold on, I'll look around a bit..." she asks.

As the others disembark, Mina does too. She uses her magical senses, trying to see if anything nearby is dangerous.

You lazily watch as Alida clumsily tumbles into the water, absently examining the river with your senses as the blonde flails. It's very deep, you can't sense the bottom, and notably, it's flowing backwards.  Or, no... no, it's flowing forward, but way slower than the boat, which is picking up speed?  You can't sense anything on the boat which is propelling it, it's just kinda skimming across the surface by... magnetism or something, you guess.  Magnets are pretty neat.  You make a mental note to look at a magnet in detail sometime.

You turn back, and see that Alida's already at the shore, somehow.  You don't really want to get wet, so you carefully prepare yourself, then leap across, trying to land near her--but you overshoot, and end up flying into the artificial flowers, tumbling soundlessly past the wall of foliage and into the deep ash below the flowers, throwing up a big cloud around you.  You sit up and try to wipe your face clean as you inspect your new surroundings; you're surrounded by super tall flower stalks which pretty much blot out the sky, and you're sitting on top of about a foot of loose ash.  Below the ash, the flowers' bases--roots?--spread out across the rocky ground like strands of lichen.

You finally get most of the ash off of your face, and look around with your actual eyes.  It's... actually pretty dark here, only a very dim orange-green glow penetrating through the ceiling of transparent flowers above you.  Between the terrible light, and the many, many flower stalks surrounding you, you can't actually see much further than your magical senses reach.  At least you can still see, and you can sense Alida standing in the river nearby, just on the other side of the wall of flowers you leapt through.  She's acting a bit off, you think, just sort of staring at her hands for some reason.  Also, her shoes are getting really disgusting, she's just letting wet ash soak into them.

You're brought out of your thoughts when you hear that Russian girl screaming, and falling, then she suddenly goes silent.  You can sense the small waves from her impact wash around Alida's feet; the girl fell into the water.  You don't think she'd be too hurt by the fall, the water feels... safe?  You're finding it hard to focus, you should feel more stressed out, but you really don't mind...

((I forgot to edit Alida and Mina's statuses to show the effects of the Labyrinth's music last time, be assured that they ARE affected.  Also, the current track is here

Next update Friday, the 17th.))

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 15, 2018, 02:39:10 am »

And here we lose our most reliable source of firepower.  :P

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 15, 2018, 04:03:59 am »

<What just happened?>

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 15, 2018, 06:31:05 pm »

Dazed and confused, Sasha tries to swim upwards.

...Huh? Asha, why are you here too? How are you even talking underwater? Isn't that strange? Hold on, I think I'm drowning... There was a watefall? My head hurts, everything is very dark...

Then she realizes she just lost one of her most prized possessions.

..No no no no no NO NO NO NONONONONONONO!!!

Grandpa's rifle! I have to find it!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 16, 2018, 02:30:27 pm »

Mina blinked, then again. Huh. That girl fell into the water. Prooobably should be more concerned about that, really, but no big deal right? <Hey, uh... Sasha, you need help?>

Assuming she responds affirmatively, Mina wanders over there and goes to try and help the girl out of the water.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 16, 2018, 04:08:50 pm »

((Ah, I forgot that. My mistake))

In that case, Mina's going to head over to the water and see if she can find Sasha. Also ask Alida if she thinks the girl needs help.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 16, 2018, 04:27:33 pm »

<Wait.. that was Sasha?>

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 16, 2018, 05:05:10 pm »

<Yeah. That was the russian girl's name right? Yeah, it was her.>
Sigtext!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 16, 2018, 05:08:49 pm »

<What are you standing around for?  Help me find her.>

Shuck off my pack and shoes, throwing them on solid ground.  Then dive after Sasha to try and retrieve the girl.  Hopefully either I'll spot her myself, or Mina will help direct me via telepathy.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 16, 2018, 05:18:30 pm »

<She has been down there for a bit. I don't think the water hurt her but she should probably come up...>

Try to sense Sasha's location, and then direct Alida to her. Failing that, go in to help out.
Sigtext!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 16, 2018, 05:51:30 pm »

<It's not water.  It's some kinda ashy stuff.>

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 18, 2018, 12:47:11 am »

<What are you standing around for?  Help me find her.>

Shuck off my pack and shoes, throwing them on solid ground.  Then dive after Sasha to try and retrieve the girl.  Hopefully either I'll spot her myself, or Mina will help direct me via telepathy.
<She has been down there for a bit. I don't think the water hurt her but she should probably come up...>

Try to sense Sasha's location, and then direct Alida to her. Failing that, go in to help out.

((Twin, please please consolidate boldtext into one post, or strikethrough older posts.  It's really easy to miss a post when you make three, and in more complex situations I have to wonder whether they're all important.))

As soon as Mina tells Alida what happened, the blond girl flies into action, tossing her backpack--and seconds later her soggy shoes--into the flowers, where they land next to Mina.  She then dives back into the water, swimming towards the waterfall.  Mina, not feeling any drive to rush, walks to the water's edge, magically searching the water for Aleksandra.  She can feel currents in the water from the Russian girl's struggling, but can't detect her directly.  Sighing, she wades into the water to get closer.

Alida's already over Aleksandra by the time Mina can directly detect the drowning girl, and is immediately told to dive.  She obeys, and is surprised by how dark the water is--almost instantly upon her head going underwater, everything goes black.  Alida's an experienced swimmer, but even she has trouble gaining depth in the unnatural liquid; it feels almost like it's pushing her up, away from her teammate.  Even so, she reaches Aleksandra quickly, her hand sliding across the girl's back.  She wraps one arm around the smaller girl, pulling her close, then reorients to swim back up--but Aleksandra starts struggling against her grip, trying to fight her and escape.

[Bravery]

...Alida doesn't have any trouble restraining the panicked girl, being much stronger and already having a good hold of her, but she is momentarily struck by a thought to just let the ungrateful girl drown.  That thought is quickly quelled by Mina telepathically congratulating her and urging her to surface, and she drags Aleksandra back up easily, now aided by the heavy water.  She pulls the still-struggling Russian girl up until her head surfaces, her wet hair covering her face like a sodden black sheet, and she starts gasping for air, holding her head above water by clinging to Alida.

Alida starts to complain, trying to tell the clingy girl to let go and just let herself float, but she's interrupted by Aleksandra, who starts to babble about her grandfather's rifle.  She speaks too fast to understand every word, but Alida gets the gist fairly quickly; Aleksandra dropped her rifle, and really, really wants Alida to go rescue it.  The blond looks past the girl, at Mina, currently belly deep in the water near the closer shore, but she only shrugs, unable to detect it.  A moment later, Mina elaborates, speaking so that both girls can hear her.

"I can't sense a rifle anywhere below you, but I can't sense the bottom there either, and it could've fallen somewhere else.  Or, uh, I think it might have been pulled down the river?  There's actually a strong current near the bottom, I think?  The water feels really weird there, I'm not sure what it is..."

Dazed and confused, Sasha tries to swim upwards.

...Huh? Asha, why are you here too? How are you even talking underwater? Isn't that strange? Hold on, I think I'm drowning... There was a watefall? My head hurts, everything is very dark...

Then she realizes she just lost one of her most prized possessions.

..No no no no no NO NO NO NONONONONONONO!!!

Grandpa's rifle! I have to find it!

[Joy]

Disoriented, you freeze and just hang in the water for a moment upon realizing that you lost the gun already.  Panic finally sets in as you start to float forward through the darkness, and you immediately writhe around until you've flipped over, and start trying to force yourself in the opposite direction.  No matter how hard you struggle, however, you barely make any progress--you're finding it hard just to maintain your position!  Every time you reach forward, you can feel a strong current of colder water with your fingertips, and it does feel like you're getting just a little closer every time you pull back, but it's not enough.  Your lungs are already starting to burn from holding your breath, and you just don't know what to do...

Then you feel a strong arm wrap around your chest, and pull you upward, away from the bottom where your rifle must be laying.  You fight against it, unable to see who's assaulting you in the darkness, but their grip is like iron; no matter how hard you pull, it doesn't loosen even slightly.  You're dragged upward steadily, unable to resist, and a second later your head is forced above water.  You start drawing in deep breaths, still unable to see anything because your hair is covering your eyes, and cling to the person who pulled you up--Alida, judging by her size and strength.

After a couple deep breaths, you wipe some of your hair away from your eyes and start rapidly explaining to Alida that you hit your head while falling down the waterfall and dropped your grandfather's rifle which is really important to you because you promised him that you would never ever lose it or let anyone take it and you think it hit the bottom of the water and it might have got swept away by the river and she needs to go get it right now before it's gets too far away to find again and is lost forever in the terrible evil witch maze thing!

Alida just gives you a mean scowl, clearly annoyed.  You shut up, a little intimidated (and still out of breath), and she looks at something behind you.  You twist around to look, and see Mina wading in the water a short distance away.  The green girl shrugs, and sheepishly says that she can't see it.

"I can't sense a rifle anywhere below you, but I can't sense the bottom there either, and it could've fallen somewhere else.  Or, uh, I think it might have been pulled down the river?  There's actually a strong current near the bottom, I think?  The water feels really weird there, I'm not sure what it is..."

(Next update on the 21st.  Or, since I always start late, the wee hours of the 22nd. >.>))

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 18, 2018, 06:35:33 am »

((I'm sorry, in the future I'll make it more clear. My bad!

Actual post will come sometime later, just woke up and might be busy today))
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 84