Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 138723 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2017, 04:22:04 pm »

Tooru squeaked in half-startlement, half-excitement at Pomsy's reappearance. She reflexively reached out to pet the fuzzy creature before she could stop herself. She stopped, however, when he spoke of the threat that now apparently menaced the area. "Umm, okay! But. . . how do we actually fight it?" The girl was quickly realizing that she had no idea of what she was actually doing with this whole magical girl business. . . and also that the things they fought did, in fact, kill people.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2017, 05:01:59 pm »

Asha was stunned, caught off guard by the sudden appearance of Pumsy. But at the very mention of a witch, Asha's blood started to boil.
"Where! Please guide us to this witch Pumsy!"

People were dying, there was no way she could let that stand. That witch would be the first one to pay out of many.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2017, 05:37:01 pm »

While the movie was boring and a bit painful even, considering the memories attached, Mina had still been happy she could spend time with her mom. She'd almost entirely put the events of the morning out of her mind - so she was understandably surprised when she saw a certain totally-not-a-mascot in front of her, letting out a soft "eep!" of shock. "...So that wasn't a dream..." she mutters, glancing to that piece of jewelry that had shown up on her that morning.

As the thing spoke it struck her just how close she'd been to death... if she hadn't made that wish, how long would she have had? A month? A week? A day? Hours? She hadn't just been knocking on Death's door, he'd answered and laid out the welcome mat already (quite polite really). She shivered, and refocused. She nervously ran a hand through her hair. "I... I feel fine. The doctors couldn't find anything wrong with me either. I think I could fight... it's better to start easy than to go right from nothing to world saving, isn't it?" That and she needed to be outside. To do things. "Yeah. Uh... what do you mean by sleep? Like, would she wake up just fine tomorrow? And how long are we going to take, do you think? I don't know when Dad'll be home..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

((I shouldn't have procrastinated so long, this is a good turn.))

..."What?"

I'm supposed to be like this?  I suppose it makes sense.. if witches are monsters I might need to be this strong to fight them..

..but it means I can't play sports again, not if I hurt people by shooting a ball or running too hard.  I love sports...

Maybe it'll be okay.  I'm sure fighting monsters could be the same way.  I could run as fast as I want, hit things as hard as I can, and do some good.

Yeah.  And then I can return home having helped people instead of having hurt someone.

"Yes Pumsey, I'll do it."

Wipe away the tears, get up, stand tall, and ask Pumsey to show me the way.

You grit your teeth and steel yourself as you nod, then ask Pumsy to show you the way.

"Great!  Follow me, and keep up!  I'm slower than most witches, so you shouldn't have any trouble."

The little tiger rushes over to the locked door into the classroom, and then pauses.  He stands there for a moment, frozen mid run, and then sits down and stares at the door.  You're about to speak when he looks back at you and sheepishly asks that you open the door, since he doesn't have any thumbs.  You comply, and he rushes out as soon as the door starts to open.

You rush after him, not meeting anyone on your way out of the school.  You surprise yourself with your speed--you've seen cats sprint before, and if anything Pumsy seems to be moving even faster than a normal cat, but you still have no trouble keeping pace with him as he weaves his way out of the school.  Even after he reaches open ground and starts running down streets, you have no difficulty staying close behind him.

Only a few minutes later, he stops.  You didn't pay much attention to your surroundings as you traveled, and don't recognize the area.  It's a middle-class neighborhood, much nicer than the area you live in.  There's a couple pedestrians about, but most people seem to be either in their homes or out in the city.  Pumsy looks up to you, and with barely restrained excitement, says "She's really close.  Can you sense her presence yet?  You should be able to feel her, even if you can't see her!"

[Creativity]

You close your eyes and focus.  You can't feel anything, not at first, but it's like opening your eyes for the first time.  After a moment, Pumsy's form becomes clear, crouched next to your legs--he's a little ball of innocent excitement.  You push yourself to see more, and eventually start to make out something else, nearby.  Something powerful, and dark--a witch.  She's nearby, on the other side of a house just a street further down from you and Pumsy.

You open your eyes, and realize that your hand now grasps a small wooden fishing club.  You don't know where it came from, but you do recognize it from fishing trips with your late father, and it feels natural in your hand.

Tooru squeaked in half-startlement, half-excitement at Pomsy's reappearance. She reflexively reached out to pet the fuzzy creature before she could stop herself. She stopped, however, when he spoke of the threat that now apparently menaced the area. "Umm, okay! But. . . how do we actually fight it?" The girl was quickly realizing that she had no idea of what she was actually doing with this whole magical girl business. . . and also that the things they fought did, in fact, kill people.

Pumsy sits back up in your lap, and makes a movement that seems to approximate a shrug "I'unno.  Every magical girl is different in how she fights, so it makes sense that every witch is different, too.  Usually they hide inside their labyrinths, with their familiars close by.  Everything in a labyrinth is just an extension of a witch's magic, so usually it's most important to focus on her--if you can beat her, everything else will fall apart, and then you don't have to fight all her familiars!"

He pauses, then speaks a bit more quietly "...Though, sometimes ignoring the familiars is really really dangerous.  Some witches are smart and make traps.  And destroying the familiars and even the labyrinth itself can be helpful; you're still weakening the witch's magic, and sometimes you can even lure her out by smashing the right stuff.  Every witch is different, but that just means all sorts of strategies can work!"

He stops to rub his head against your palm, which you only now realize you had started to extend towards his head.  He's quite soft, and seems to enjoy it, so you keep petting him while he sits in your lap.

Asha was stunned, caught off guard by the sudden appearance of Pumsy. But at the very mention of a witch, Asha's blood started to boil.
"Where! Please guide us to this witch Pumsy!"

People were dying, there was no way she could let that stand. That witch would be the first one to pay out of many.

Pumsy distractedly answers you without looking, busy as he is enjoying Tooru's petting.  "I can't guide you.  I can only tell where you magical girls are, and even then, only when you let me.  Witches are waaay better at hiding from me than you are, but that's okay, you should be way better at finding them than I am.  That's what you're meant to do, after all!  Just close your eyes and try to sense her misery, a little always leaks out.  Misery loves company, after all."

[Creativity]

You do as the pink cub says, and close your eyes.  You focus hard on sensing misery, like you were told, but it's like looking through a fog.  You feel like you definitely can sense something, but it's so hard to make out anything in specific.  And then it hits you--the fog you're sensing, it's exactly what Pumsy meant, the misery.  It's so thick that it's engulfing everything around you, and you're amazed that you hadn't noticed it before.  You stand up and scramble to figure out where the source is, and are horrified once you realize--

It's coming from Pumsy.  Misery rolls off of him like stinking miasma from a corpse, and it makes you sick.

Quote from: KingMurdoc (automatic)
Try to sense the witch.

[Creativity]

You watch as Asha closes her eyes and stands up, and decide to follow her example--without standing up of course; You're still petting Pumsy, and he seems quite happy to stay in your lap.  You close your eyes, and see much the same as she did.  There's a thick fog all around you, so thick that you can barely sense Asha through it.  You don't sense anything strange about the fog--at least, not until Asha's form flares with a light that shines like a beacon to your new sight.  Then you can sense her horror, and see her pointing at you.

No, pointing at the little ball of hatred that's sitting in your lap.

While the movie was boring and a bit painful even, considering the memories attached, Mina had still been happy she could spend time with her mom. She'd almost entirely put the events of the morning out of her mind - so she was understandably surprised when she saw a certain totally-not-a-mascot in front of her, letting out a soft "eep!" of shock. "...So that wasn't a dream..." she mutters, glancing to that piece of jewelry that had shown up on her that morning.

As the thing spoke it struck her just how close she'd been to death... if she hadn't made that wish, how long would she have had? A month? A week? A day? Hours? She hadn't just been knocking on Death's door, he'd answered and laid out the welcome mat already (quite polite really). She shivered, and refocused. She nervously ran a hand through her hair. "I... I feel fine. The doctors couldn't find anything wrong with me either. I think I could fight... it's better to start easy than to go right from nothing to world saving, isn't it?" That and she needed to be outside. To do things. "Yeah. Uh... what do you mean by sleep? Like, would she wake up just fine tomorrow? And how long are we going to take, do you think? I don't know when Dad'll be home..."

He happily answered, clearly pleased to be of assistance "Uh-huh!  She'll wake up just like normal tomorrow, unless you want me to make her sleep longer?" the feline tilts his head to the side inquisitively.  "That's harder, but I could come back and extend the spell later.  I don't know why you'd want her to sleep more than a day, though.  Witches usually don't take more than a night."

He pauses to think, eyes cast downward, but quickly perks up and continues "I guess you can take however long you want, though!  Caution is good, the longest lived magical girls are usually cautious, or they have lots of friends.  Oh, there's another two girls that already said they'd fight the witch, and I don't think they wanted to be cautious--you should actually hurry up if you want to catch them!  Caution is bad if it makes you late, especially if you're too late to save someone.  That reminds me, I need to go tell Alida too, four is much safer than three.  Bye, I hope you find the other girls soon!"

Pumsy then hops down off the couch, and just... disappears right before he lands.  You couldn't actually see him fall, but you could still tell somehow.  You still lean over the back of the couch to check, and see that he is indeed gone without a trace.  That was confusing, but a little uplifting, too.  The little cub's carefree happiness is infectious, though somewhat scary, considering the subject.

You pause, considering what to do.  Pumsy apparently trusts that you can find the other girls on your own, despite not telling you anything about them or where they are.  You have been noticing how much sharper your senses are, and you haven't even tried to stretch them yet, maybe he knows your limits better than you?

...Or maybe he forgot that he didn't tell you anything.  You look over at your mother.  She doesn't seem any different, and Pumsy didn't stop to do anything with her, that you could tell.  You don't really have any idea what it looks like when a tiger cub casts sleeping magic, but you'd still expect something more than "excited babbling".

Character sheets:

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2017, 01:38:58 pm »

Fun part starts now? Was that a frikkin pair of creativity critfails or something?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2017, 05:29:06 pm »

"!!!"

Asha leapt out of the bench, clutching her soul gem, readying herself to strike.

"Get away from him! P-Pumsy! What is the meaning of this!"

That was wrong. There was something so wrong with "Pumsy", and she was at loss over what to do. Was it really Pumsy? Should she strike it down right there? Mixed feelings were preventing her from acting. There was only one thing she was sure, if this girl suddenly got harmed, Asha would strike without hesitation.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2017, 09:05:54 pm »

Tooru's hands started to slowly rise in horror at the ball of hate she felt in her lap - a motion that accelerated quite quickly when Asha shouted in her direction. "I. . . what? But . . . how could it be Pumsy? That doesn't . . ." Even if the creature was as evil as it felt to her senses, she didn't have the heart to actually attack it until it did something openly malign. As if in slow motion, her arms came back down and gingerly started to lift the fuzzy creature off of herself, raising Pumsy before her. "Pumsy. . . why is it coming from you. . .?" Her tone was almost heartbroken. Cute things weren't supposed to feel this awful. Especially ones that said they were her friends.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:09:51 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2017, 09:16:09 pm »

"Uh, no, that won't be necessary! With how you made her sleep I was a bit worried you overdid it..." Mina hurriedly says, before being left alone. Before she goes, she makes sure to put a blanket over her mother, and writes a brief note explaining that she's feeling sorta claustrophobic in the house and has gone for a walk. She wouldn't take to long and had made sure that she had all the right precautions! The note was just in case Dad came home earlier than expected. She hoped it wouldn't be needed.

After that, she walked out of the house (making sure she had her keys!) and into the night... now how the heck does she do this?

Mina tries to use... whatever senses she has now to find the other magical girls. Sounds like she'd be looking for two right near each other? If she found them she'd head that way!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2017, 12:14:09 pm »

"!!!"

Asha leapt out of the bench, clutching her soul gem, readying herself to strike.

"Get away from him! P-Pumsy! What is the meaning of this!"

That was wrong. There was something so wrong with "Pumsy", and she was at loss over what to do. Was it really Pumsy? Should she strike it down right there? Mixed feelings were preventing her from acting. There was only one thing she was sure, if this girl suddenly got harmed, Asha would strike without hesitation.

You start shouting, at Pumsy, and at the redheaded girl you just met, trying to take control of the situation.  It doesn't seem to help; your new friend shrieks when you tell her to get away, and throws the miserable thing away from you both.  You rush over to her quickly, checking to make sure she's okay, and then turn to the creature once you're sure she's fine.  It's in a low crouch, staring warily back at the both of you with those golden eyes.  You meet its gaze, and demand that it answer your question.

[Creativity]
[Purity]

"I, but, you agreed!  You have to fight, it's what magical girls do, you need to fight, you can't survive without it, not now!" 

The creature sounds just like Pumsy, its tone of voice completely identical, if without the usual cheer.  And those eyes... everything else seems made of that horrible miasma of misery, but those eyes are undoubtedly Pumsy's, and they're not full of hatred or anger, or anything like that... just concern.  For you.  You blink in confusion, and realize that you're just mistaken; the miasma is surrounding you, but it's not coming from Pumsy, it's sticking to him, and obscuring his form... it's not that his form is bad, it's just that you can't see his form... right?  Your head hurts, this is all so alien to you.

The little tiger speaks again, in a voice painted with confusion and fear "I, I'm going to go, I'm not--not sure you can do it alone anymore!  Just, go after her, okay?  You'll have help!"  With that, he disappears.  There's nothing fancy about it; one moment he was right there, and the next, he's gone, along with the dark fog that was covering him.

You turn to look at the scared girl who's now half-cowering behind you.  It occurs to you that you still don't know her name.

Tooru's hands started to slowly rise in horror at the ball of hate she felt in her lap - a motion that accelerated quite quickly when Asha shouted in her direction. "I. . . what? But . . . how could it be Pumsy? That doesn't . . ." Even if the creature was as evil as it felt to her senses, she didn't have the heart to actually attack it until it did something openly malign. As if in slow motion, her arms came back down and gingerly started to lift the fuzzy creature off of herself, raising Pumsy before her. "Pumsy. . . why is it coming from you. . .?" Her tone was almost heartbroken. Cute things weren't supposed to feel this awful. Especially ones that said they were her friends.

[Bravery]

You want to be calm here, you really really want to be reasonable and just talk, but this is simply too much.  Asha started yelling at you, you can sense her fear, and Pumsy was just... you don't know what just happened, but now there isn't a nice little cub in your lap, just a mass of anger glaring at you with those horrible golden eyes, and it's all you can do not to completely panic.

You don't lift the creature like you intended, you throw it, away from both you and Asha.  Not to harm it, definitely not to harm it, you throw it just to get away and give yourself room to breath.  You scramble further away on the bench, watching as it nimbly lands and immediately turns its reproachful gaze back towards you... you turn away from it, and look at Asha as she rushes over to you.

Asha's scared, just like you, your new sight makes you both shine with fear... but it's a small emotion for her, completely overruled by worry.  Her face tells the same story as she gets close and quickly examines you, scanning for any sort of injury, and when she's confident that you're fine, she turns around and faces down the thing which isn't Pumsy.  Her body blocks your view of it, something you're thankful for.  You take a few shaky breaths, calming down as Asha talks to a perfect mimicry of Pumsy's voice, doing what you weren't brave enough to do.

After several long moments, you work up the courage to get up, and stand with Asha, alongside her rather than cowering behind her.  Just as you get a look at the monster, however, it disappears.  Gone, entirely, without a trace.  You sheepishly look at Asha, feeling somewhat guilty that she had to deal with it entirely on her own.  She looks back, and judging by her expression, she doesn't mind at all--she just looks relieved to see you okay.

"Uh, no, that won't be necessary! With how you made her sleep I was a bit worried you overdid it..." Mina hurriedly says, before being left alone. Before she goes, she makes sure to put a blanket over her mother, and writes a brief note explaining that she's feeling sorta claustrophobic in the house and has gone for a walk. She wouldn't take to long and had made sure that she had all the right precautions! The note was just in case Dad came home earlier than expected. She hoped it wouldn't be needed.

After that, she walked out of the house (making sure she had her keys!) and into the night... now how the heck does she do this?

Mina tries to use... whatever senses she has now to find the other magical girls. Sounds like she'd be looking for two right near each other? If she found them she'd head that way!

As you lock the door out, you extend your senses back inside, a little touch of worry about your mother distracting you.  You can actually sense her sleeping form just barely, even through the house's walls, and she seems fine.  Then again, you wonder if your new senses are actually precise enough to tell... you shake your head, and focus on your mission.

[Creativity]

You... don't really know what to do.  You look around, and listen, and while your senses are far sharper than they used to be, they don't seem helpful for locating magical girls.  Or, at least, not any that are far away from you.  Maybe... maybe you can just walk, and you'll end up noticing something eventually?  You decide that that's about as good as any other plan, and start walking towards the center of the city, while trying to cast out your senses as far as they'll go.  It's somewhat disorienting, but you manage.

Only a few minutes later, you notice something unusual, and entirely different from anything you've ever seen before.  It's like a sort of glow, but not seen with your eyes, almost like it's behind the world.  A bright light, a powerful light, which shines through the fabric of reality itself.  Maybe this is what you were supposed to be looking for?  You speed up, and start jogging towards it, excited.

...But it is far, far faster, and it's heading right for you.  It gets quite close, stopping while you're heading down an empty street not far from your home.  It pauses for a couple seconds, and then flashes over to a spot in front of you, just around the corner of a house, and it pauses again.  You stop, trying to think of what you should do, but the source of the light jumps around the corner before you can come up with anything.

It's a girl who looks a little older than you, blond haired, and wearing a sort of white-and-blue sailing outfit.  You immediately know that she's a magical girl, and are excited right up until you look closely at her face, and see the angered expression of someone ready for a fight.  Your horror grows when you realize that she's gripping Pumsy tight against her body with one arm, while the other raises a small club, clearly preparing to strike the small creature.

You only have a moment to act before she hurts Pumsy.  What is your first reaction?

Quote from: Devastator (in IRC)
Oh, I can't post for a few days.  If you're going to update, what Alida is going to do is speed up further, pick up Pumsy (because why not try out this new speed a bit more), and then move towards the indicated location at top speed.  She'll try to stop when she gets there.

You scoop up Pumsy, who lets out a mew of surprise, but doesn't struggle.  Then you rush across the street, easily vault over two fences that are taller then you, and press your back against the corner of a house.  Behind you, just a few houses down, is the witch, walking on the sidewalk.  You take a breath to steady your nerves, and close your eyes for a moment to try and pinpoint her position before you step in her view.

[Creativity]

She seems... fuzzier, more indistinct, now.  You can definitely sense her power, it's actually kinda hard not to; it's periodically pulsing away from her, making her position extremely obvious.  Almost... as if she's calling for someone.  Trying to lure humans, maybe?  You look down the street on your side, and don't see any pedestrians, which immediately gives you a sick feeling.  One last deep breath, then you go.

You jump out from behind cover, right onto the sidewalk in plain view, with your little club ready.  You were expecting some sort of twisted monster, but are surprised to see what looks like a normal girl, about your age, with green hair, green eyes, and green clothes.  You falter, looking at her, especially once she notices you and her expression turns to one of shock, horror, and... anger?

"There she is!" Pumsy happily chimes in from his position in your cradled arm.

Character sheets:

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2017, 04:43:14 pm »

Asha immediately started palpating Tooru's body, checking to make sure she wasn't injured anywhere.
"Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere?"

Eventually seeing Tooru was unhurt and mostly shocked, Asha's legs gave out. She was relieved, so happy that nothing bad happened to the girl. She was firmly holding Tooru's hand, and didn't realize she was clutching it strongly.
"Thank god..."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2017, 07:23:52 pm »

"S-sorry. . . No, I'm not hurt." Not on the outside, anyway. She was more than a little shaken about her first experience with her sixth sense being the discovery that the thing that was supposed to be making her life so much happier radiated such extreme hate. A bit like the first sound someone hearing being nails on a chalkboard, or a Rebecca Black song. "I still don't understand. . . why was that coming from Pumsy? What did he mean by what he said. . .?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2017, 07:43:07 pm »

"I... I don't know either. That thin— Pumsy, he acted like the Pumsy I know... I don't know the truth, but if that was the real Pumsy, then he definitely needs our help. If that was not Pumsy, then I can't forgive whatever it was for impersonating him..."

Asha took a deep breath in, which instantly helped her calm her mind. And with determination filling her gaze, she said to Tooru.
"You said it to me, we are Magical Girls. We have to do something, and if it's together, I'm sure we can make it."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2017, 07:49:13 pm »

Jeez syv, get some new dice or something.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2017, 09:03:38 pm »

Ptw
Insert witty signature here

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2017, 03:02:02 am »

What?  Something's wrong, that doesn't look like a witch should..

Spin-kick the green girl in front of me.  Use a lot of my newfound strength, but hold some back.  Keep ahold of Pumsy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 84