Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140534 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2017, 06:47:23 am »

[I'm not sure that attacking first is a good idea even if she is hostile, but it's not my character soooo....]

Anyway, after reading this, I am entranced, if I did not think this game already full i would even consider joining at this point.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2017, 07:00:38 am »

Really, Mina had no idea what to do - maybe the magical girl thought Pumsy was the Witch and hadn't seen them before or something (like, just heard them talk for the wish?) "Hey! Leave Pumsy alone!" she shouted before running forward to try to get Pumsy away from them.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2017, 12:33:11 pm »

"Right." Tooru nodded shakily. "We should try to find that witch then, right? And then after we do that, we can see what's going on with Pumsy. Maybe it was just because of the witch?" she said hopefully, trying to cheer herself up a bit.

Work with Asha in trying to sense the witch.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2017, 12:28:46 pm »

Jeez syv, get some new dice or something.

I've been using random.org!  Perhaps physical dice will be possessed of less malice, we'll see.

...Yeah, I got a nice transparent d10.  There is no darkness in the heart of this die.

What?  Something's wrong, that doesn't look like a witch should..

Spin-kick the green girl in front of me.  Use a lot of my newfound strength, but hold some back.  Keep ahold of Pumsy.

[Bravery] vs [Joy]

You don't hesitate, immediately charging over the short distance between you and the girl, and neatly twist your momentum into a high spinning kick.  She looks surprised at your aggression, but manages to just barely roll under your kick and behind you.  Before she has the opportunity to retaliate, you continue your kick into the ground and hop forwards, away from the girl--but you screw the motion up somewhat, and end up stumbling as you land.  You swing your arms you to regain balance, and Pumsy takes the opportunity to leap away from you and run towards the girl, who's now watching you from a low crouch.

Pumsy stops once he's directly between the two of you, and starts yelling with distress "No, no, stop fighting!  You're magical girls, you're supposed to kill witches, not each other!"

Really, Mina had no idea what to do - maybe the magical girl thought Pumsy was the Witch and hadn't seen them before or something (like, just heard them talk for the wish?) "Hey! Leave Pumsy alone!" she shouted before running forward to try to get Pumsy away from them.

You shout at the girl, and start to run towards her, but she's far faster than you; in the time it takes you to move run three steps, she's already closed the distance and launched into a high kick, aimed at your head.  You barely manage to convert your paltry forward momentum into a clumsy roll, just in time to avoid the distressingly fast kick.  All of a sudden, you find yourself on all fours, facing away from the girl's back, and you realize this is the perfect opportunity to tackle her and try to wrestle Pumsy away from her, or at least that club!

[Bravery] vs [Joy]

...But you're just not fast enough.  By the time you turn around, the girl is already leaping away from you, spinning around midair and landing an impressive ten feet away from you.  It suddenly strikes you that you're at a massive disadvantage in this fight--she's just so much faster, and clearly much more experienced.  You've never physically fought with anyone, in your entire life, let alone in the short time since you became a magical girl!

Luckily, it seems like you won't have to fight--Pumsy jumps down from the girl's arms, and runs between the two of you before shouting about how you shouldn't fight.  You look up at the girl's face, and see that she looks just as confused as you are.

"I... I don't know either. That thin— Pumsy, he acted like the Pumsy I know... I don't know the truth, but if that was the real Pumsy, then he definitely needs our help. If that was not Pumsy, then I can't forgive whatever it was for impersonating him..."

Asha took a deep breath in, which instantly helped her calm her mind. And with determination filling her gaze, she said to Tooru.
"You said it to me, we are Magical Girls. We have to do something, and if it's together, I'm sure we can make it."
"Right." Tooru nodded shakily. "We should try to find that witch then, right? And then after we do that, we can see what's going on with Pumsy. Maybe it was just because of the witch?" she said hopefully, trying to cheer herself up a bit.

Work with Asha in trying to sense the witch.

[Creativity] & [Creativity]

You both open your senses back up now that the strange tiger is gone, and set to searching for the witch, as you were told.  The air feels much cleaner now for both of you, but that just means it's harder to tell where the remaining misery is coming from.  You both patrol around the park for a little while, trying to ignore the various people wandering around.  At first, it's very difficult to even stay focused on your emotional sense, and once you solve that hurdle, it becomes difficult to not focus on all those people.  Their emotions shine like bright lights obscuring the shadows of unhappiness under them, though they aren't nearly as bright as the two of you.

Tooru is the first to detect the subtle flow of the misery, and excitedly points it out to Asha once she realizes what she's seeing.  The source seems to be coming from somewhere towards the edge of the city, almost the opposite direction from school.  Asha frowns and gets a sick feeling in her stomach, realizing that Tooru's pointing almost directly towards her current "home", but just follows along silently, since Tooru's mood seems to have improved.

They both start walking, Tooru taking up most of the time trying to explain what she did to refine her sight, while Asha focuses on putting her advice to use.  She actually ends up correcting Tooru's path a couple times, and to her great relief, they eventually end up taking a path that avoids her orphanage.

The pair has been walking for more than ten minutes, Tooru controlling most of their conversation, when Asha suddenly grabs her and brings her to a halt.  Just a couple of feet in front of her is a clearly unnatural sight: A pair of unmoving stick figures formed from thin twisted wire, both as tall as an adult.  They're just standing in the center of the sidewalk, surprisingly well-hidden due to how thin their wire is.  They seem to have been dragging along a cable made from the same wire, and it stretches away towards the source that the girls have been hunting down.

Tooru looks around, and realizes that there's nobody else on the streets.  That's strange; there's still a couple of hours of daylight left, and even at night, she'd expect there to be some people about.  She quickly points this out to Asha, but only gets a look of disbelief that she only noticed now.

Character sheets:

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2017, 12:35:46 pm »

"What?  Pumsy, why did you tell me she's a witch, then?  You're a magical girl?"

That makes a lot more sense.  She is all green after all.  Like how I'm all blue now.

"I'm sorry, Pumsy said there was a witch about, and that I could sense her, and you just felt so dark..  I made a mistake.  I'm sorry."
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:54:47 pm by Devastator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2017, 04:30:41 pm »

Mina took a deep breath, trying to calm down as Pumsy told them to stop fighting. "Uh... yes, I'm a magical girl, too... at least Pumsy said I was, and I don't really have a reason to disbelieve them? It's alright but... I thought I saw you about to attack them... why? Did they tell you to do that or something?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2017, 04:50:38 pm »

Alida looks a little relieved that she didn't hurt the other girl before finding out that she was not a witch.

"Huh?  I never meant to attack magical girls.  I'm here to fight witches.  Pumsy said there was a witch around, and you seemed so dark.. I almost made a bad mistake.  I'm sorry."

"Anyway, if you're a magical girl, what is your name?  I'm Alida.  I made a contract with Pumsy just a few days ago."

I'm also glad I didn't hurt someone else today.  Once was more than enough.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:45:14 pm by Devastator »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2017, 05:05:15 pm »

Asha stared at the wire figure, at the ready in case something even more unusual happened. Despite being together with Tooru, she couldn't shake off this feeling of uneasiness. This feeling felt disgustingly familiar for some reason.

She had never faced a witch before, but her guts were telling her this eerie wire arrangement had to be linked to the witch.

If that really is the work of an enemy's stand witch, then there is no room for hesitation. Focus Asha!

"The street is deserted, I have a bad feeling... Tooru, I'm going to destroy these things."

Asha readied her ribbon, increasing its length, and prepared herself to strike the wire figures down.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:40:15 pm by Nakéen »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2017, 06:56:15 pm »

(Er, Nakeen, Tooru never said anything about her abilities. She doesn't actually know what she can do IC.)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2017, 08:03:17 pm »

(Er, Nakeen, Tooru never said anything about her abilities. She doesn't actually know what she can do IC.)
((Woops, will edit comment shortly))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2017, 10:40:43 pm »

((Editted my action, tell me if anything is wrong or feel inconsistent))

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2017, 12:37:36 am »

Tooru nodded, a bit of hesitance showing in her expression. "I'll help, if - I'll do my best!" She cut herself off; this was no time to be negative. As she tried to psych herself up for what would probably be a fight, she glowed for a moment, and afterward a completely different outfit had replaced her school uniform. This one was a heavily stylized miko's outfit, with detached sleeves and completed by a quite massive ribbon tied near the back of her head.

Try to figure out how my powers even work!
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2017, 05:54:26 am »

"Uh... I'm Mina. Nice to meet you too! I only became a magical girl last night... almost having trouble believing it really happened and wasn't a fever dream or something." Mina said, awkwardly rubbing the back of her head. "Sooo, do you have any idea where the witch is? Pumsy said I should go for this one since it's probably weak, and that we should go as a team. They said there'd be two more magical girls too actually."
Sigtext!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2017, 11:57:00 am »

"I'm not sure.  I tried to find her earlier, but you can see how that worked.  How about we try it again together?"

Try to find the witch magically with Mina.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:35:30 pm by Devastator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2017, 07:43:20 pm »

"Alright, let's do it!"
Help find the witch!
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 84