Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 139633 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2017, 11:01:23 am »

"What?  Pumsy, why did you tell me she's a witch, then?  You're a magical girl?"

-snip-

Pumsy answers reproachfully "I never said she was a witch!  I can't find witches, my senses aren't that good.  You and Mina can, though!"

He then scampers over to Mina, and rubs against her shins.

"I'm not sure.  I tried to find her earlier, but you can see how that worked.  How about we try it again together?"

Try to find the witch magically with Mina.
"Alright, let's do it!"
Help find the witch!

[Creativity]&[Creativity]

Mina, knowing she's less experienced than Alida, asks the older girl where she thinks the witch is.  Alida pauses for a moment, and then with complete confidence points behind Mina.  Mina reluctantly points out that out of all the possible directions, that's the only one she knows for a fact does not lead to a witch.  Alida hangs her head and admits that she has absolutely no idea where the witch is.

The green girl sighs, and then points out that since Alida came from the school, which is to the Northeast, and she came from the South, her best guess is that the witch is somewhere to the West or Northwest.  Alida doesn't have any better ideas, so they start walking in that direction while keeping their senses open for any signs of the witch.

Not long after, Alida notices something.  It's invisible to her eyes, but it feels like there's some sort of heavy mist hovering near to the ground, flowing slowly from somewhere ahead.  Mina is doubtful at first, having not noticed anything, but after she stops focusing on what she can see with her normal senses it becomes obvious to her.  Excited, she rushes ahead at top speed, towards the source.

Alida easily keeps pace with the excited girl, though she stays a bit behind since she can't sense the witch as well.  After barely a minute of running, Mina skids to a halt, and points out something which she nearly tripped over.  Held taut about two inches off the ground is a thin cable made from twisted wire, stretching down the sidewalk in both directions.  It's slowly moving to the left, apparently being pulled behind something that can't be seen.

You both look around.  You're completely alone; there's no pedestrians, and even Pumsy's gone.  You both would have sworn he'd been following along with you.

Asha stared at the wire figure, at the ready in case something even more unusual happened. Despite being together with Tooru, she couldn't shake off this feeling of uneasiness. This feeling felt disgustingly familiar for some reason.

She had never faced a witch before, but her guts were telling her this eerie wire arrangement had to be linked to the witch.

If that really is the work of an enemy's stand witch, then there is no room for hesitation. Focus Asha!

"The street is deserted, I have a bad feeling... Tooru, I'm going to destroy these things."

Asha readied her ribbon, increasing its length, and prepared herself to strike the wire figures down.

You summon your ribbon, which is already about four feet long; you've never been able to summon one any other length.  It's not the best of weapons, but it's all you have...

[Bravery]

You swing your ribbon as hard as you can at the wire figure on the left.  Surprisingly, its fragile form immediately crumples under the weak blow, tangling around your ribbon.  You give it an experimental yank, and the mess of thin wires holds fast to your ribbon.  Apparently it's caught, though none of the wires are doing anything.  Apparently you have a flail now... a really, really terrible flail, but it's still a better weapon than a long ribbon.

The scarlet-haired girl asks you how you did that.  You shoot her a hurt look, and she clarifies that she meant the summoning-the-ribbon part, and not the get-it-caught-in-wire part.  You explain how you just sort of imagine it in your hand, and it appears.

Tooru nodded, a bit of hesitance showing in her expression. "I'll help, if - I'll do my best!" She cut herself off; this was no time to be negative. As she tried to psych herself up for what would probably be a fight, she glowed for a moment, and afterward a completely different outfit had replaced her school uniform. This one was a heavily stylized miko's outfit, with detached sleeves and completed by a quite massive ribbon tied near the back of her head.

Try to figure out how my powers even work!

You watch as Asha summons her ribbon, and promptly gets it stuck in a mess of wires.  After shooting you a look, she explains that you just have to imagine a ribbon in your hands, if it doesn't just appear on its own.  That sounds simple enough!

You clasp your hands together, and imagine holding a roll of ribbon between them.  Nothing seems to happen, but you refuse to be deterred; you close your eyes, grit your teeth, and concentrate as hard as you can.  Gradually, you can sense the energy gathering between your palms, which causes you to redouble your efforts, and focus on directing as much energy into the ribbon as you can.  Even with your eyes closed, the power of it shines brightly.

You open your eyes, and look at the item you've created.  It's not a ribbon--it's actually a paper talisman, which you recognize as an ofuda after a moment.  The Japanese writing on it constantly shifts between different characters, almost too fast for you to recognize the meanings.  They seem to mostly be related to storms, energy, and... festivals?  You feel guilty that you're so out of practice with your mother tongue.

After a couple seconds, the edges of the talisman start slowly burning inward.  You can feel the energy contained inside begin to leak out.

Character sheets:

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2017, 12:23:38 pm »

"This must be it!  Seems much more likely to be a witch than you."

"And where'd Pumsy go?  I'd better hang onto him next time."

Follow the wire in the direction it is being pulled, club out.  Keep my eyes open, but I'm too excited to proceed slowly.  Do try to go slow enough so that the other girl can keep up, apparently she isn't as fast as I am.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:38:24 pm by Devastator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2017, 04:21:34 pm »

"Um, Asha, stand back for a second!" Tooru felt the energy built up in the talisman in her hand. They used these things as missiles and stuff all the time in anime, right? She throws the talisman at the other wire figure!
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2017, 07:36:35 pm »

"Yeah, it has to be the witch!" Mina says, as she follows after Alida.

To hunt the witch we go~ (by following the wire)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2017, 12:31:43 pm »

((Sorry for the late answer))

Asha was a bit too embarassed by her performance to look at Tooru. Then her fellow magical girl suddenly told her to stand back, a bit startled, Asha listened nonetheless.

"Ah, yes!"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2017, 01:29:36 pm »

"This must be it!  Seems much more likely to be a witch than you."

"And where'd Pumsy go?  I'd better hang onto him next time."

Follow the wire in the direction it is being pulled, club out.  Keep my eyes open, but I'm too excited to proceed slowly.  Do try to go slow enough so that the other girl can keep up, apparently she isn't as fast as I am.
"Yeah, it has to be the witch!" Mina says, as she follows after Alida.

To hunt the witch we go~ (by following the wire)

Both girls follow the line towards whatever's pulling it, and after it rounds a corner Mina realizes that was the correct choice; the flow of misery seems to be coming from the same direction.  Alida speeds up a bit when she hears that, rushing ahead and staying a good fifteen feet ahead of Mina.  Alida comes to a stop when she hears a distant booming sound, but she can't figure out exactly where it came from, and her partner doesn't have any idea either, so they opt to just continue.

A minute later, they've reached the end of the line.  The cable they've been following curves around one last corner, across a street and a small parking lot, and into the pitch black entrance of a moderately large hardware store.  There's another four cables also leading from the door out into the city, but none of them are taut.  In front of the store is a small collection of human-sized stick figures made from twisted wire, unmoving and positioned seemingly randomly... except for a pair blocking the entrance, who seem to be frozen in the middle of pulling the end of a sixth cable out.

[Creativity]&[Creativity]

Both girls wait and watch, but nothing happens, aside from their cable slowly reeling in more and more.  That hardware store is the source of the misery, the stuff just pours out like a fog, but the scene in front of them is suspiciously inactive.

"Um, Asha, stand back for a second!" Tooru felt the energy built up in the talisman in her hand. They used these things as missiles and stuff all the time in anime, right? She throws the talisman at the other wire figure!

[Joy]

You wait for Asha to step back behind you, watching the wire figure for any movement.  It stays perfectly still, but you shrug and throw your talisman anyway--crumpled into a ball, so that it can fly decently.  It erupts into a brilliant flash of life as soon as it hits the wire.  Then you're hit by a wall of force and get thrown backward.

You roll across the sidewalk a couple times, too stunned to react.  You end up on your back, staring up into the evening sky as the explosion's afterimage slowly fades from your vision.  After a few seconds, you collect yourself enough to sit up and check yourself for injuries... everything feels bruised, and a bit scratched up, but nothing too bad!

You look over at what remains of your target.  The wire figures are just gone now, completely nonexistent, and the sidewalk where they had been standing is severely cracked into many different pieces.  That was waaay more powerful than you were expecting--you were standing maybe ten feet away from them, and still got launched back...  You're not quite sure how to feel about that, still somewhat stunned, and look over at Asha as she sits up next to you.  She seems to be fine, so overall... success?

((Sorry for the late answer))

Asha was a bit too embarassed by her performance to look at Tooru. Then her fellow magical girl suddenly told her to stand back, a bit startled, Asha listened nonetheless.

"Ah, yes!"

((No worries, long as it's posted before midnight it ain't late.))

The girl who still hasn't told you her name asks you to step back, and you start to comply, but realize that your ribbon is still stuck fast in the mess of wire and won't pull free.  You hesitate for a moment.  It was your sister's ribbon after all, and even if you can summon another just like it, it's the last memory you have of your old life.  You sigh, and let it go; it's not like it'll be incinerated or something if you drop it.

You step a bit farther back than your companion, and anxiously watch as she throws a piece of paper at the still standing figure.  The instant the ball hits the figure, it detonates into a massive explosion, and you're thrown backward by the force.  You don't quite follow the seconds after, but you end up on your back several feet back from where you had been standing.  You groan, and hold your head--everything hurts, but your head throbs especially hard.

You blink a few times to clear your vision, and sit up to look at your reckless friend's handiwork.  There's nothing left of the figures... or your sister's ribbon.  That makes you wince a little.  You look at the girl who destroyed it... she seems fine, more surprised than anything.  Seems she didn't expect that either.  You sigh.

The cable that the figures had been dragging is still intact, leading down the street farther than you can see.

Character sheets:

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2017, 06:38:22 pm »

Hmm.. a hardware store with a blocked door.  I could probably just punch my way in, or vault past them.. but lets try something a little more.. active.

Find a rock or garbage can or something and throw it through the display window, and jump through the now-shattered window into the store.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2017, 09:25:22 pm »

Tooru stares in awe at the blast for a moment; did she really just do that? It took a bit longer for it to click that Asha had been caught in the explosion too; fairly quickly, she was scrambling back to her feet and towards the other magical girl. "OhmygodI'msosorryIdidn'tmeanto!" she very nearly babbled, her words running together in their rush to exit her mouth. "Are you okay? I didn't know what was going to happen. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2017, 09:41:54 pm »

Asha sighed. It was okay, that was just a ribbon after all. A physical memento, nothing more important the true, living memory of her sister in her heart.

That was what she wanted to believe.

"Claire..."

Asha couldn't help but sob. She held back her tears, attempted to control her breathing. It was hard, really hard. Something inside of her was begging to be let out, yearning to be free. It was painful. She knew that if she let it out, the memories would also return, and it would hurt a thousand fold more.

Asha heard Tooru apologizing. She turned toward her, attempting to stay stone faced.
"It's nothing, just a ribbon."

Her pained expression was telling otherwise.

"We have... work, a duty to do. As magical girls."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2017, 01:13:52 am »

Tooru looked someone distraught at being a source of such for the other girl.  "Asha. . ." Abruptly, Asha felt a thump and a squeezing around her torso; Tooru had rushed forward to give her a tight hug. She held it for just a second or two before releasing.  "Okay, we're gonna go beat up this stupid witch and make everything better for everyone around, okay?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2017, 01:36:53 am »

Asha felt some of her pain disappear thanks to Tooru's hug. Recovering some of her composure, she replied with renewed fortitude.

"Yes!"

Let's go, to the end of that cable!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2017, 03:49:14 pm »

Not having much to say and (somewhat) containing her excitement, Mina waits for Alida to break open the window (as she seems to intend to) before jumping in with her.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2017, 10:25:13 pm »

Tooru also follows the cable!
GM of Trespassers V2.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2017, 11:18:50 am »

Hmm.. a hardware store with a blocked door.  I could probably just punch my way in, or vault past them.. but lets try something a little more.. active.

Find a rock or garbage can or something and throw it through the display window, and jump through the now-shattered window into the store.
Not having much to say and (somewhat) containing her excitement, Mina waits for Alida to break open the window (as she seems to intend to) before jumping in with her.

Alida inspects the hardware store for a minute, before deciding that it would be best to just ignore the blocked entrance and make a new one; she grabs a nearby metal trash can, then drags it across the road and parking lot, past the many unmoving wire figures, and to the left of the entrance.  She tries to peer past the glass wall of the store before smashing it, but nothing is visible behind the glass beyond more darkness.  Alida shrugs, lifts the large metal can over her head with a slight grunt of effort, and throws it right through the glass.

The can disappears into the wall of darkness right behind the glass, without a sound.  Alida doesn't hesitate, disappearing into the darkness right after it.

Mina, now left alone, hesitates for a moment.  She stands close to the darkness, trying to sense what's on the other side, like she can with normal walls, but she feels nothing on the other side.  Not just empty air, or space, but an absolute lack of anything, as if reality itself ends right behind the barrier.  It's worrying, but as she looks back at the creepy wire figures posed around the parking lot, she decides there isn't really any other option; she leaps through.

The two girls find themselves in the middle of a bustling shopping street, full of many wire figures walking past in both directions, completely ignoring them.  Aside from the severely cracked brick wall behind them, both sides of the street are lined with stalls and shops where wire people silently hawk various tools and construction materials to the pedestrians.  There's no money exchanged, they just hand off and recieve items seemingly at random, and despite the activity, there's not a whisper of sound being made aside from the steady breathing of the two girls.

Above, a veritable net of festive ribbons hang from wires, with a few paper lanterns hanging from them, providing a soft golden light.  Disconcertingly, the shops seem to contiue right up the walls, and there's even some wire pedestrians defying gravity by walking vertically to reach these more remote shops.  There's too many ribbons to see how far up the shops go; they block vision past the first four "stories".

Asha felt some of her pain disappear thanks to Tooru's hug. Recovering some of her composure, she replied with renewed fortitude.

"Yes!"

Let's go, to the end of that cable!
Tooru also follows the cable!

Asha and Tooru dust themselves off, then start cautiously following the cable to its source.  A couple minutes walking later they reach it: just after a right turn, they find themselves standing directly in front of a moderately large hardware store.  There's nothing around except for six cables feeding out of the pitch black entrance, leading off into various parts of the city.  Upon closer inspection, three of those cables are slowly being pulled further away, presumably by more wire people, but two are taut, and are slowly being reeled back into the entrance.

Tooru starts when she notices a second oddity.  The glass front of the store is pristine and well-kept, except for a large smashed section on the far side of the entrance.  It was clearly broken recently, judging by the glass shards scattered around the area, but has already been patched by a grid of wires stretched across the gap and... glued to the glass?  That doesn't seem like a very durable solution.

((Note, both of you are no longer at "Fine!" health.  I forgot that I was keeping track of that in the spoilers, last time.))

Character sheets:

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2017, 11:42:21 pm »

"We must be getting close."

Asha closed her eyes, focusing on the oppressive feeling of misery. She attempted to probe her surrounding for the flow of emotions, hoping it would give her a clearer view of the situation.

Attempt to sense any surrounding misery, and presumably head in the not-lair hardware store with Tooru. If the flow of misery seems overwhelming, do not enter.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 84