Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 139954 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #915 on: April 01, 2019, 07:41:53 am »

((Well, rip Mina. It's been fun to play her but this is kinda what you sign up for when you get into a RTD

Good luck with the game, all!))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 01, 2019, 04:55:28 pm »

You only posted today in order to foster an extra tiny bit of hope that you can dash, right?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 02, 2019, 02:05:33 am »

"Mina!"

With that, Alida redoubled her efforts.

Mina.. she tried.  I can't let her die for nothing.  I need to kill this witch now before any more people have to die.

It's.. just so big, and I'm not strong enough.

Continue with CC activated, the body on the witch will try to move a bit higher on the witch and smash harder.  Closer to where the heart and lungs would be, maybe?  The important bits?  The other body will try to activate berzerker by dislocating her left shoulder..  by pulling on it with the right arm.

This is.. going to hurt.  It did a lot last year, when I fell off that roof and my sleeve got caught in the gutter.. but I have to.  It hurt but they could pop it back in, and hopefully it'll be like that this time.

<Tooru.. can you do me a favor?>

<Stay alive.  Don't worry about me if you have to blow up the bomb.  If we all die, this witch will just kill more people, and more people..>
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 01:38:45 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 02, 2019, 11:10:04 pm »

"..."

That wasn't a good sign. Something definitely went wrong, and seeing Asha's reaction only reinforced her suspicion. Either Mina was in great danger, or...

...No, she didn't want to think of the other option. She already had enough with her Grandpa. She sit and leaned on the wall, hoping that this nightmare would end soon. Why did Pumsy believe that a bunch of girls could be able to take down such powerful and horrible monsters? Even with powers, she wasn't so sure that the girls would win now.  And if Pumsy could grant any wish, why wouldn't he use that power to get rid of these "Witches" in the first place?

Well, maybe no one thought wishing that before. And if he could, he wouldn't need us to fight Witches... Right?

She decided to not think too much about it and instead focused on surviving.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 02, 2019, 11:24:27 pm »

(Syv, we do know that fallen magical girls become witches, right?  And that there would be no wishes without them, right?)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 02, 2019, 11:33:48 pm »

((Yes, everyone should know that magical girls become witches.  The idea that there would be no wishes without witches entirely depends on what questions were asked of Pumsy; he wouldn't use those precise words, but if asked he would say that witches are, in a way, a consequence of gaining a wish.  In Aleksandra's case, her initial meeting with Pumsy--and all later interactions with him and the magical girls--was actually RP'd in PMs or in this thread, and to my recollection she never asked any questions about the cost of a wish.))

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #922 on: April 03, 2019, 05:15:13 pm »

Tooru collapsed into the ash, the urgency of the situation overwhelmed by the sheer pain. She gasped and coughed, the inhalation only serving to get flecks of ash into her throat. She pushed herself to her feet haphazardly, trying to get away from the stuff before it caused her coughing fit to continue. Mina had gone silent right then, right as that terrible feeling exploded like a bomb in her head.

<Mina? Mina!? Are you there? Please tell me you're there.> Each second seemed to stretch out into eternity as she waited for a reply. She barely knew the girl, but they'd just been fighting for their lives together. And now, it seemed, no longer, as the only response she recieved was a crushing, thunderous silence.

She couldn't cry. Not yet. Not until she knew her sacrifice wasn't in vain.

Detonate the bomb.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 05, 2019, 02:51:21 pm »

Tooru collapsed into the ash, the urgency of the situation overwhelmed by the sheer pain. She gasped and coughed, the inhalation only serving to get flecks of ash into her throat. She pushed herself to her feet haphazardly, trying to get away from the stuff before it caused her coughing fit to continue. Mina had gone silent right then, right as that terrible feeling exploded like a bomb in her head.

<Mina? Mina!? Are you there? Please tell me you're there.> Each second seemed to stretch out into eternity as she waited for a reply. She barely knew the girl, but they'd just been fighting for their lives together. And now, it seemed, no longer, as the only response she recieved was a crushing, thunderous silence.

She couldn't cry. Not yet. Not until she knew her sacrifice wasn't in vain.

Detonate the bomb.

You grit your teeth and focus on the subtle tug of magic that you can feel still linking you to the bomb, willing it to come undone and release the energy stored inside.  There's a brief pause, and you look up at the witch, just starting to stand back up.  Her wings spread out as her weight shifts back onto her feet, and then the bomb goes off exploding in a blinding flash of rainbow light!  You wince away from the light, covering your eyes with one arm.

And then you hear the witch scream again, clearly tortured, but also clearly still alive.  You uncover your face and look up to see her standing again, both of her arms bent backward into the shattered remains of her neck, her head entirely gone.  She reels backward while screaming, taking quick short strides that still cover an impressive distance, and on her third step one of her feet--you can't tell which--smashes through the surface of the frozen lake, a geyser of water shooting into the air around it and stopping her in her tracks

The witch raises her wings high into the air, clearly about to return to the sky, but instead she screams again as one of her wings suddenly detaches and falls away behind her.  Her arms release her decapitated neck, one reaching further behind her to claw at the severed wing's stump, and the other reaching forward to catch herself as she falls back forward onto one knee, her other leg still trapped in the ice.

"Mina!"

With that, Alida redoubled her efforts.

Mina.. she tried.  I can't let her die for nothing.  I need to kill this witch now before any more people have to die.

It's.. just so big, and I'm not strong enough.

Continue with CC activated, the body on the witch will try to move a bit higher on the witch and smash harder.  Closer to where the heart and lungs would be, maybe?  The important bits?  The other body will try to activate berzerker by dislocating her left shoulder..  by pulling on it with the right arm.

This is.. going to hurt.  It did a lot last year, when I fell off that roof and my sleeve got caught in the gutter.. but I have to.  It hurt but they could pop it back in, and hopefully it'll be like that this time.

<Tooru.. can you do me a favor?>

<Stay alive.  Don't worry about me if you have to blow up the bomb.  If we all die, this witch will just kill more people, and more people..>

[Joy]

You react to the witch's shifting position instantly, spinning around and running back up towards the witch's wings at a dead sprint as she rises below you.  After only moments she's already standing tall enough that you lose your footing and start to slide backward, but you take your bat in both hands, holding it in a reverse grip and stabbing it down into the witch's glassy surface as hard as you can.  At the same moment your strike connects, you kick off and leap forward as hard as you can, using your entire body to launch yourself farther upward.  Your flight only lasts for a moment before you slam back into her surface, sliding up the uneven stained-glass right past her wings, and then there's a deafening explosion from above, and from a distance you watch as the witch's head explodes in a multicolored shower of shining glass shards.

[Mercy]

The witch begins to stumble backward, screaming at a deafening volume, and you start to slide back down her body, steering yourself to land atop the base of one of her wings.  You collide with it earlier than you expected to, finding that it's only slightly wider than you, and difficult to keep a hold of, especially with the witch stumbling around so violently.  You growl and hold on tight to the appendage, waiting until she stops moving long enough for you to strike.  Meanwhile, you grip your other body's left shoulder, and roughly yank it out of position, the pain jolting through your nerves like lightning, though you don't utter even a peep.

[Bravery]

Instead, you shout in rage with your intact body as you find your footing atop the witch's wing, again taking your club in both hands and beginning to smash it against the verticle wall of her shoulder, each smash shattering the glowing stained-glass windows into even more pieces, hundreds, then thousands of tiny individual shards, many flying off around you like shrapnel.  Many of the flying glass shards hit you, cutting into your skin, but the newer--weaker--pain only sharpens your anger and drives you to hit even harder.

You feel the wing shift below you, nearly making you fall off, and you look away from the invisible crater of a wound you've made to look at the wing behind you, rising into the sky and billowing out.  The witch is about to take flight, and you likely won't be able to hold on to her very long, certainly not while continuing to smash her apart.  You don't have time to think, but you don't need it; the solution is obvious.  You twist around and bring your club down on the glass between your feet, and it shatters even more easily than her glass shoulder had.

Unfortunately, shattering the glass that you'd been standing on causes you to fall downward, collided painfully off the jagged stump that you just severed with a single blow and opening up a series of fresh wounds along your side, and causing you to bounce away from her body.  You tumble through the air, shouting a couple choice insults at the witch as you flail impotently at her, then you turn and see the ice below, racing up to meet you!

((Map and next update date later.)))

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 05, 2019, 08:59:58 pm »

(Yow.)

Activate CC once more.

The body on the ground will untie Asha's ribbon from her club, to use in a different way now, and ties it around a larger chunk of brickwork, so it can handle a lot more force.  I'm not sure if the berzerker bonus outbalances the one-arm penalty, but then use the club to smash the chunk of brickwork at the witch, aiming for the damaged shoulder, to smash through it and try to sever that arm.  If the arm is already severed and functioning despite that, aim for the center of mass, or any obvious centre to the flow of regenerating glass.. if it's regenerating.

(Tooru is the person next to Alida, correct?)

Hopefully Tooru, if she doesn't attack on her own, will help Alida with the tying and the shot, as Alida is probably vibrating with pain, adrenaline, rage, magic, and excitement at the moment.  Plus Tooru's manabolts use talismans, right?  Perhaps that manabolt magic can fit inside this ribbon totem, maybe?

The falling body will, if something is in reach, try to hook the club around it for leverage to swing towards a safe landing.  Preferably, towards the fight/base of the free leg area.  Attacking this round is probably right out.

If nothing is in range, throw the club at the ground to hopefully smash the ice below her, allowing a potentially easier drop into the water.

(Main Alida is probably going to be charging into battle next turn if the falling body dies.  I'd recommend giving order for Asha, Randomgenericusername, as Nak isn't available and Sasha is right there.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:12:03 pm by Devastator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #925 on: April 05, 2019, 09:53:46 pm »

Assist Alida as requested, but additionally pepper the thing with enough (talisman-less) manabolts to add up to a Minor cost, or until the thing actually seems to die, one of those two. Aim for the arm she's supporting herself with, and center-of-mass shots.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 06:51:55 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 06, 2019, 09:07:12 pm »

Surrounded by enemies, the sound of explosions and combat around her, Aleksandra is reminded of the war stories her Grandpa used to tell before he went sick. About how one's perspective is changed when facing life-or-death situations. She's reminded again of what Pumsy said the first day they meet, and later when he appeared while she was with her Grandpa. She slowly starts to assimilate the possibility that not everyone might return home this night.

She wondered if she would be able to see him or Papa again. While the other girls had almost no problems dealing with the "familiars", the Witch seemed to be clearly superior in terms of raw power. Not only that, but the area was also plagued with said Familiars. The situation seemed hopeless, but she had a feeling that losing hope would mean accepting defeat. Then again, what else could she do other than survive?

And all of this happened because she didn't make her wish yet. Maybe, if she had made her wish before and transformed into a magical girl like the rest, they wouldn't have had to protect her. She could have fight by herself, even helped defeat the witch. But she didn't, and  she can't change what happened.

...But what if I could? I still have Pumsy's wish. Maybe, I could...

Her thoughts are distracted by the sudden realization that while the rest are in combat, Asha is still there. While the others are fighting for their lives, Asha decided to stay and protect her. Why? Weren't the others her friends too? Did she trust them to be able to handle the witch without her help, or does she care more about protecting her than fighting with the rest? Maybe she was feeling guilty and didn't want to leave her alone? Or maybe she didn't wanted to be responsible if she happened to die?

So many questions, so little time. Time, time, time, there's never enough time. Always too soon, always too late and always approaching. Unstoppable, uncaring, unavoidable. There was no escape from it's cold grip. The world is in constant movement around her, people dying left and right, countries rising and crumbling in what feels like seconds. Twelver years of her life had already passed by.

Aleksandra shakes with fear, unable to thing straight anymore becasue of her irrational fear of time. The air feels deathly cold for her, like if Death was breathing down her neck. Death and time had always been the same thing for her.

((tl;dr: Sasha's slow descent into insanity.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 06, 2019, 10:06:32 pm »

((Good stuff.))

((Any orders for Asha?))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 06, 2019, 10:30:41 pm »

((Good stuff.))

((Any orders for Asha?))
((Nothing I can think of, maybe try using telepathy and suggesting her to help in the fight instead.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 06, 2019, 11:01:06 pm »

((I think Alida's too distracted to manage more than asking Tooru to help out.  I mean, right at this moment she is falling to her death, while trying to explain something to someone else, with a completely different body, while in intense pain, and feeling whatever berzerker makes you feel.))
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:05:16 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 84