Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 139997 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #960 on: April 22, 2019, 07:22:38 am »

"I... I'll think about it..."

Aleksandra continues being guided by Asha in the darkness, and the pair goes towards the grate where Tooru is.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 24, 2019, 09:08:51 am »

Urgh.  Procrastinating about writing again, clearly.  Reaaally wish I could manage my creativity better.  Anyway, there's something I really hate to procrastinate about:

Everyone is lazy jerk, me included. As requested, all secondary\named characters from and to linked posts, unless i somehow skipped someone. Didn't reread and don't remember about anyone later. :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you for helping, I really do appreciate it.  I'll write up a bit about these characters and the girls' situations in general when I update the thirdpost's character sheets, after I finish writing up the next rebalance.  That might be done in anywheres from two hours, or two weeks, probably closer to the latter knowing me.  Yay.

Update soonish.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 24, 2019, 09:14:33 am »

I had forgotten about that, honestly. Do you also need the characters in Aleksandra's family?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 27, 2019, 10:04:36 am »

((@RGU: Nope!  Conveniently, Aleksandra's family is already nicely summarized and copy/pastable.))

Asha, the only magical girl with a still luminous soul gem, releases her friend's hand and takes the lead as she and the other two girls continue towards the tunnel's exit.  Alida and Aleksandra talk with each other as they walk, their ashen-haired guide choosing to remain silent and focus on watching the floor.  She appears downcast as she walks, but her pace is still unusually fast, and Alida has to call her back several times so that her light can reach the other girls.  Aleksandra finds it odd that Alida keeps pace with her perfectly, despite seeming more energetic and having been almost as fast when fighting, but she can't think of any obvious explanation.

The trio soon reaches the end of the tunnel, and finds Tooru kneeling in front of the bars blocking the path, one arm threaded through the bars to pet Pumsy.  Asha stops short of her, standing aside to let Alida pass and set to work on opening a hole, which she begins to do without even giving Tooru a warning.

[Bravery]

Alida slides her lengthened club into the centermost gap between the bars, and throws her entire bodyweight into the end of the weapon, trying to lever the bars further apart.  The metal bends slightly, but far less so than any of the girls aside from Alida expected.  After a full minute of strained grunting, Alida finally lets up, annoyed to see that all her work had barely any effect.

The blonde girl refuses to give up, though, and grabs one of the bars with her uninjured right arm, and her right shoulder with her left arm.  She takes a deep breath, centering herself, then jerks herself away from the bars as hard as she can.  Her movement comes to a stop a moment later with a sharp crack, the sound painfully loud in the relative silence of the tunnel, though Asha's sudden shocked gasp is louder than any sound Alida made.  The girl gives no indication of injury whatsoever, immediately setting back to her work, prying the bars apart with her club and magically still-functional arms.

She has a fair bit more success this time, and soon has opened a gap in the bars large enough to squeeze through--which she immediately confirms, climbing out and immediately jumping down out of the tunnel, finding herself in the very same concrete canal the girls had originally spotted the boat in.  She looks around for the humans that had been left behind after being dragged from the witch's colorful boat, but seeing nobody, just shrugs and turns around to help the other girls climb through the bars.

During the whole process, Pumsy sits to the side and watches peacefully, waiting for the girls to finish, occasionally glancing back into the dark recesses of the tunnel.  Once the last girl is through, he casts one last glance towards the darkness before looking back at the four girls and hesitantly asking a question.

"Where's Mina?  Did she find another way out?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 27, 2019, 04:34:28 pm »

"She... She didn't make it. Mina is... Gone."

Aleksandra stops for a moment, organizing her thougths. There was still hope, but she had to be careful what she wished for.

"...But I'm going to make my wish, Pumsy, and I will get her back. Before I make my wish though, I have question: You can make any wish true, right? Like, absolutely anything without limit?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 28, 2019, 05:11:01 am »

After Aleksandra tells him what happened to Mina, Pumsy gives a sad little "Oh", hanging his head, his tail falling to the ground then sliding around to cover his front paws.

He doesn't react any further when Aleksandra asks her other questions, but after a few seconds he quietly responds.  "I don't really grant your wishes.  You grant your wishes, I just... help."  He pauses, and looks up at the young Russian girl, his golden eyes wide.  He stares for a few seconds, inspecting her, then continues.  "You can wish for anything, but if your soul isn't strong enough to make it come true, it won't.  You can only get a wish that's as powerful as you are.  Uhm.  Your soul is still really powerful though, Sasha!  I haven't seen many girls with as much potential as you!  You... you still can't get anything, though.  You can't wish away all witches."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 28, 2019, 09:46:18 am »

"I see... Still, wishing all witches away wouldn't bring Mina back. There's something I've been thinking of. I don't know if it would be too much, but..."

"I want power to be able to go back in time. Rewind and undo how things went, so I can protect them all as magical girl instead of having to be protected. Ability to change past. Do you think you would be able to make this wish true?"
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 10:34:25 am by randomgenericusername »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 28, 2019, 08:25:44 pm »

Pumsy edges away from Aleksandra, shuffling his paws as his gaze drops back down again.  He sounds confused by the question, almost frightened.  "Mina can't come back.  Wishes can't undo... umm, you can't... destroy death?  It's not, that's just not how it works!  If Mina's soul died, then she'll stay dead!"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 28, 2019, 09:59:15 pm »

Aleksandra tries to find the way to explain her idea to Pusmy. She panics a little upon hearing that one can't bring people back from death, but she doesn't lose hope yet.

"Uh... Have you heard of "time travel"? So, what if I prevented her from dying in first place? Then she would have never died, since moment of her death would have never happened... I'm not asking to destroy death or bring her back, I'm asking to change how things went today, so it would be as if she had never left in first place."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 29, 2019, 01:51:15 am »

Pumsy only seems to be more confused by what Aleksandra's saying, his voice sounding increasingly stressed.  "But that's not..." he shakes his fluffy little head aggressively, then continues, his voice growing louder  "I don't know!  You can't bring Mina back!  No matter what you do, dead souls are dead!  That's just how it works!  If Mina's gone, Mina's gone!"

The little pink cub then scampers over to Tooru, and curls up tightly behind her ankles, seeming to hide from Aleksandra.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 29, 2019, 02:12:25 am »

"...like a Zombie?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 29, 2019, 08:04:57 am »

"Zombie? What? No, I..."

Maybe Pumsy just hadn't understood yet? But then, why was he so scared? Or maybe, it was just beyond his (her?) power.

"Mina was definitely alive this morning, so there has to be way. There has to be way to wish that witch hadn't killed Mina, to change what happened today... If I can't do that, then what use does this wish have?"

Maybe, if she waited more, she could make a more powerful wish. But that would mean she would continue to be useless and need to be protected. And what if someone else dies because of her again? She wanted to become a magical girl, but didn't want to waste her wish just yet if it couldn't do anything meaningful.

"...Maybe I can wish to have second wish granted later on, whenever I want to? To become magical girl, but also be able to wish for something else later on? If I wish to have another wish, I would become magical girl but also keep my wish to use later when my soul is stronger... Would that even be allowed? I mean, Pumsy never said one couldn't wish to have another wish, so..."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #972 on: April 29, 2019, 08:51:40 am »

Tooru looked at the fuzzy little creature with her own confusion. This didn't make sense. Why was he afraid? "Pumsy, nobody here is gonna hurt you or anything. . ." She liked the idea of Aleksandra's wish. If she could, she would have gone back even further, been more useful in the first labyrinth. Maybe if she'd helped more, they would have been in better shape for this one. "We - Um, I mean, she - just wants to try."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 29, 2019, 12:34:27 pm »

GM clearly doesn't want to write up time travel shenanigans.  :P

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 29, 2019, 03:35:17 pm »

Pumsy remains completely unresponsive to any of the chatter directed at him.  Eventually, Asha kneels down next to Tooru, and carefully picks up Pumsy, cradling and petting the feline.  He seems to calm down quickly, and soon starts bumping his head affectionately against the girl's hand.

Once she's sure the pink creature is relaxed, Asha quietly talks to him "Pumsy, could Sasha, err... can a magical girl wait to make her wish?  Could she wait until her soul is stronger, so the wish is stronger?"

Pumsy immediately shakes his head aggressively, his voice back to his standard cheery tone "Uh-uh!  Wishes always happen when a human becomes a magical girl." He looks up at Asha's face, then turns to look back at Aleksandra, immediately shrinking away a little as his voice gets more subdued.  "Or... more, they're the same thing, kind of?  You can't become a magical girl without making a wish, or make a wish and not become a magical girl, that doesn't make any sense!"

The question answered, Pumsy shoves his face into the crook of Asha's elbow, and she resumes petting him, without saying anything further.  She just looks up at Aleksandra with a plaintive expression, clearly at a loss for what to do.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 84