Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140228 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #975 on: April 29, 2019, 03:53:29 pm »

So it wasn't as simple as she thought. She cursed herself for not making a wish sooner.

"...I can't wish for extra wishes can I? If I used wish to have another wish, becoming magical girl in process while also keeping second wish for something else later on..."

"...Or maybe, wishing I had made my wish this morning, before we entered labyrinth? Would that change what happened? Since that wish would mean I would have been magical girl during it?"

"...Maybe I can I wish I had wished this morning that no one would die during labyrinth? Since that wish would happen before we fight witch, then... Or would it?"

It was hard to make a wish when one didn't know the exact limitations of it, and especially when Pumsy seemingly refused to explain why. And what was up with his sudden mood swings? His tone was awfully cheerful, considering Mina had just died.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 29, 2019, 08:47:25 pm »

"... umm, if wishes always happen when a human becomes a magical girl, and you don't become a magical girl until you wish, I don't think you can wish you'd wished earlier.  It would be the same as wishing now."

"..Also, if you'd wished before the labrynth, wouldn't you have wished your grandfather to be healthy?  I think Asha can cover that for you now, so wouldn't that be wasting it?"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 08:52:28 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 29, 2019, 10:49:07 pm »

"B-but, if I wished that I had made wish this morning, then it would mean I would have been magical girl during labyrinth, right? If I had been magical girl during labyrinth, then Asha and rest wouldn't have had to protect me, and Mina... Wouldn't have died because of it..."

At this point, Sasha is close to giving up. All of this happened because she was too indecisive. If she hadn't been so hesitant to make a choice before, nothing of this would have ever happened.

"...It's all my fault again, isn't it? I ruined everything again... Yes, it would have been better if it had been me instead. No one would have cared if I had disappeared instead, but Mina..."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 11:22:23 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 29, 2019, 11:15:07 pm »

Upon hearing that, Alida quick-steps over to Sasha and picks her up, holding the younger girl off the ground.

"What are you saying?  That's no way to think!  I didn't just give up when my dad died.  I kept going and doing my best."

"When something bad happens and there's no way around it, you can do one of two things.  You can sit and cry and mope, or you can keep going and make your life better."

"Now nobody's perfect.  You might have bad days and do some cryin' and you might have days where you feel like you can't get out of bed.  But the important thing is ta look forward."

"I screwed up today.  We all did.  But this isn't going to go away.  There will be another witch.  And next time I mean to do better.  That's all you can do.. work on how you can do better next time."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 30, 2019, 12:47:50 pm »

Sasha wipes some of her tears with her free hand, and calms down a little.

"You're right, but... It's just not fair, and... Oh."

Sasha hands Tooru the Grief Seed.

"Sorry, I had nearly forgotten about it. Please, put it to good use."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #980 on: April 30, 2019, 03:44:25 pm »

All of this business with Pumsy was confusing and offputting. Why was he starting to freak out at something like that? And. . . how could he be so happy right now? Mina was gone. Forever. The little cat thing was starting to feel stranger and stranger. Tooru wished he could just be the cute little creature he looked like. Would that be so bad? Just a cuddly critter that she could pet and thank for getting rid of her bullies and all that.

Her ponderings were cut off by Sasha reaching out and handing her the seed. She took it, and brought it closer to herself, but stopped and looked up. "Asha, Alida. Are you sure it's okay?" She didn't want to just use it, not after they'd all gone through so much. Not after she'd been such dead weight in the first labyrinth.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 30, 2019, 08:06:04 pm »

Alida puts Sasha down.  Close up, you can see she's got a few tears.

"I'm sorry about that.

"..  what I do know is that Pumsy likes to be a little secret about what you can and can't do with your powers.  You gotta really try and corner him if you need a straight answer to a question, don't let him wiggle around.  And cats are good at wiggling.

I think what he said is that since it is your magic that would wind back time, you can't wind back time to before you were a magical girl.  You also can't wish for something to have changed in the past, because it'd be your magic that's changing it, and in the past you didn't have magic.

So.. maybe you can bring Mina back?  But not by wishing her death didn't happen, maybe by wishing her to be alive now?  And you could have the power to turn back time, but it won't let you turn back time to before you made the wish?  Maybe one or the other then.. Mina alive, or the ability to turn back time."

"I don't know.  Just be careful with how you say it."

"Yeah, you can go first, Tooru.  If you aren't quick at it, I'll take the first dose.  After all, we're both almost empty."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #982 on: May 01, 2019, 12:14:19 pm »

Tooru nodded hesitantly. "I promise I'll do better with it." She brought the Seed to her own gem, hoping that it would be enough for Alida once she was finished.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 02:42:17 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 02, 2019, 11:20:23 am »

Alida puts Sasha down.  Close up, you can see she's got a few tears.

"I'm sorry about that.

"..  what I do know is that Pumsy likes to be a little secret about what you can and can't do with your powers.  You gotta really try and corner him if you need a straight answer to a question, don't let him wiggle around.  And cats are good at wiggling.

I think what he said is that since it is your magic that would wind back time, you can't wind back time to before you were a magical girl.  You also can't wish for something to have changed in the past, because it'd be your magic that's changing it, and in the past you didn't have magic.

So.. maybe you can bring Mina back?  But not by wishing her death didn't happen, maybe by wishing her to be alive now?  And you could have the power to turn back time, but it won't let you turn back time to before you made the wish?  Maybe one or the other then.. Mina alive, or the ability to turn back time."

"I don't know.  Just be careful with how you say it."

She shakes her head slowly.

"...No, I don't think there's another way. Pumsy said we can't bring Mina back... At least, we might be able to wish for something to prevent this from happening again. But Mina isn't coming back."

"...How are we going to explain this to her family?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 02, 2019, 10:56:31 pm »

I don't know..  I do know I'm going to go home and tell my family how much I love them after this."

"You'd.. better make sure your grandpa gets healed before making your wish."

"I don't know if it's as good as being able to wind back time, but I'll tell you what I wanted."  With that, Alida takes Sasha aside a bit and talks quietly, as if embarassed.

Spoiler: Aside with Sasha (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 03, 2019, 02:31:33 pm »

Rebalance 2 changelog.  I'll work on the memory stuff tomorrow, but I finally got through this so I'm posting it now.  Secondpost is updated, thirdpost to come after memories.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please tell me if I screwed up and deleted love again.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 03, 2019, 03:37:39 pm »

You did not, but you forgot to tell what you need to specify in "duet with reality".

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ inspired by PMMM and Piecewise
« Reply #987 on: May 03, 2019, 03:46:01 pm »

Regeneration - Channel your soul into your body, repairing any damage it has sustained, over several seconds.  Variable cost Secondary.
  • Level 0: Regenerate wounds that would take weeks or months to heal, at major cost.  Wounds that would never heal, such as lost limbs, at massive cost.  Anything worse, from death to complete annihilation, at finale cost.  Largely cosmetic wounds and blemishes can be healed at only moderate cost.
  • Level 1: As L1, but all costs discounted by one step.
  • Level 2: As L1, but all costs discounted by two steps.
  • Level 3: As L1, but all costs discounted by three steps.  It is entirely free to heal cosmetic wounds and blemishes.
Change the text for Levels 1, 2, and 3 to "As L0".
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 03, 2019, 06:03:43 pm »

Sasha is shocked by Alida's request. She wanted to use heronly wish on herself? And not only that, but use it to transform into a literal monster, too. And how would Pumsy interpret said wish? Sasha remembers how werelwolves in books attack even their own family and friends, and shakes in fear. Akida was intimidating enough as a girl, and didn't like the idea of seeing her as a monstruous wolf.

"...I-I'll think about it. Um... Asha? Tooru? Any suggestions? ...Please?"

Then again, her backup wish idea was basically the same as Alida's request, minus the "turning into a literal monster" part. She hoped she could get an idea from the rest of the team for a wish that would be helpful for everyone, or that at least someone else asked her to wish for something else.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #989 on: May 04, 2019, 03:30:04 pm »

"Um. . ." Tooru scratched her head. It didn't feel right to ask the girl to wish for something for someone else. She was signing up to do this horrible thing all the time, after all. "I just wished for bullies to leave me alone. Maybe there's, I dunno, something you really don't like in your life?" In hindsight, it was really petty. She had no idea how her wish had actually worked, just that they hadn't bothered her since. "Or maybe you could help someone you know? Or, um, I dunno, maybe wish that everyone had a house, or something." She shrugged. Wasn't that what you were supposed to use wishes on? World peace or whatever? She was too tired to think it through.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 84