Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140350 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #990 on: May 05, 2019, 04:26:22 pm »

Alida is taken aback at the obvious fear on Sasha's face.

"Um.. I don't know what to say.  I'm sorry?"

"It.. it would be your wish.  I'm giving you permission to change me.  Change me into something you like, not just something good at fighting.  Someone you can look at and feel proud about, feel happy about."

"If there's something you're worried about.. can you tell me?  Maybe there's a way to avoid it, a better way."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 05, 2019, 04:42:53 pm »

Back at square one, then...

Aleksandra felt she was again lost and without any idea about what to wish for. The fact that Tooru and Alida's ideas seemed to contradict each other didn't exactly help either. She considered the idea of wishing something for herself, but didn't like the idea of making a selfish wish when the girls were expecting a wish that would help everyone instead. For the same reason, she didn't exactly enjoy the idea of making Alida's wish true, even less if it would transform her into a monster. Tooru's second wish idea was tempting, but she had a bad feeling about it. "Happiness for everybody, free, and let no one be left behind." Or was it "Happiness for everyone, for free, and no one would walk away unsaisfied"? Either way, she felt it would be a bad idea to make such a wish.

"...I think I should wish for something that would help entire group, so this doesn't happen again. Maybe wish we all had indestructible bodies? Or that we all were super strong and powerful? Anything that would prevent that this situation repeats again. After making wish, soul transforms into gem or something, right? So, maybe we could wish our gems were unbreakable."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 05, 2019, 05:52:34 pm »

"..umm, I don't think an indestructable body would be that good for me.  I would like to get hurt less, but when I do get hurt my magic works better.  The only reason I could fight that long was because I got hurt.. I didn't have enough magic to keep fighting otherwise.  Sometimes I want to use my soul to save my body, and sometimes I want to use my body to save my soul."

"I'd be ok with spreading it around.  Just.. we're kinda already strong and powerful, so maybe something more specific?  It's why I wanted werewolf.. it would let me be human most of the time, and be stronger when it's time to fight.  Maybe we should all be werewolves instead of just me?"

"Indestructable gem sounds good.. but what happens if we lose?  I almost lost back there.. and for a moment I was worried I'd be stuck there while all of you would die or run away, stuck there alone, in the dark.  ... I think I'd rather die than become a witch, and if my gem could not break.. I could only become a witch.  And then I'll absolutely hurt people, strangers, one of you or my family."

"I don't want anyone to hurt my family.  It's what I spent my wish on, and why I want to be a werewolf."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 05:56:26 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 09, 2019, 09:25:24 am »

"N-no, it makes sense and I understand... Until part about wishing to be werewolf. I don't see why werewolf when it could be... Anything but that? And..."

"...Wait what?! Magical girls turn into witches? Why did no one tell me? Why did Pumsy not tell me? You damn, pink, lying... Pink... Cat!"

Sasha quickly went from doubt to anger. Specifically, anger against Pumsy. She begins mocking his voice.

"Oh, don't worry! "Girls on teams don't die!" It'll be fiiiine! Oh no, "I don't want you to go, Sasha!" I would be very sad!"

"Mina is dead! She's gone forever! And you're speaking as if nothing had ever happened! Didn't you say that death isn't bad for magical girls? And why didn't you say one couldn't bring magical girl back with wish before?"

Aleksandra breathes deeply for a few moments to calm herself after the short outburst she just had. She turns back to Alida.

"...Sorry. But if I can't wish to have Mina back, then what can I wish for? All of these ideas... Maybe we're thinking too small? But what if Pumsy doesn't allow it if it's too big or doesn't understand if it's too complex? ...How do you even measure power or value of soul?"
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #994 on: May 09, 2019, 09:50:27 am »

((Hmm. I thought it was stated that magical girls are told about what fighting witches entails up front but I can't seem to find it with a quick search.

Irrelevant: I think it was stated in the previous rule change that magical girls have some vague innate understanding about how abilities like telepathic communication and totem manipulation work. Does anyone remember if this applies for all abilities even if you don't have them, only the ones you have or only the default ones that everyone has?))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 09, 2019, 11:08:23 am »

((Yes, everyone should know that magical girls become witches.  The idea that there would be no wishes without witches entirely depends on what questions were asked of Pumsy; he wouldn't use those precise words, but if asked he would say that witches are, in a way, a consequence of gaining a wish.  In Aleksandra's case, her initial meeting with Pumsy--and all later interactions with him and the magical girls--was actually RP'd in PMs or in this thread, and to my recollection she never asked any questions about the cost of a wish.))

((Yes, but since Aleksandra isn't a magical girl yet and didn't ask about how witches are made, she didn't know until right now. I don't know about innate understanding and how it works with the other abilities.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 09, 2019, 09:21:17 pm »

"That last one I can answer.  Your soul is how bright your gem is."

..It doesn't have to be a werewolf, but I want to be able to transform into something stronger for fights.  Maybe a were-cat?  were-bird?  Wolf just seems best.."

Alids shrugs.

"Ahh, well, thank you for considering it, anyway.  Maybe you could wish for something completely different instead, like maybe for all of us to be better at making and keeping friends.  I'm.. not good at that."

"Maybe.. a weapon, then?  How about a tank that can fold up into a briefcase, and back into a tank?"

"Or maybe.. wish that when magical girls die, their families won't feel despair, but know that their family member had been doing something good?"

"... ... "
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 02:30:08 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 11, 2019, 10:51:15 pm »

((...Alright, as much as I would like to continue IC discussion regarding the wish, I'm going to be honest and say I really, really, really don't have any idea of what to wish for. Does anyone have any ideas other than wishing to make Alida a werewolf? I would prefer something that affected everyone in the team, and might wish everyone becomes a werewolf if possible if there are no other ideas. I thought about having unbreakable gems, but then that would basically ensure someone will eventually become a witch and the wish would prevent us from trying something like a mercy kill.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 11, 2019, 11:05:37 pm »

((What does Alexandria need? Remember, you only get one. And the cost is your life. Don't pick anything that's not worth it.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 11, 2019, 11:27:51 pm »

((Egan's exactly right.))

((Well, been discussing things on IRC, including character ideas like someone wishing to have functional pokéballs.  Had a similar idea based around wishing to be able to befriend and empower wild animals.

Briefcase tank may not have been super-serious, but it would be useful.  You could fit the whole team in it and have Tooru fire manabolts or summon bombs into the cannon as the gunner, and I'd provide close support with a few effigies outside the tank, to keep familiars from climbing on it.

If you want something to empower the rest of the group directly, you could wish for something like "I wish I had an aura that I could use to strengthen/assist/empower other people, say, like an AoE version of Absolute Faith.  Or something repeatable, like wishing for the ability to strengthen other people with your magic."

Lastly, this is a game about suffering, so I wouldn't worry about getting the 'right' wish.  Something that is ill-concieved might just mean more frequent updates.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 12, 2019, 01:40:21 am »

((I'm not sure if it would be too meta, but what about wishing for extra levels? Maybe for everyone or just Sasha if it would be too strong of a wish, so either she or the group can get more powers.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1001 on: May 12, 2019, 03:46:38 am »

((Wish to be a rich and happy adult with lots of people to help and support them. Then buy everyone guns. Lots of guns.

EDIT: Batman: Magical Girl edition. But with guns.))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 01:51:31 am by Parisbre56 »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 13, 2019, 11:16:27 pm »

((Right, I think I'll decide after Tooru's use of the Grief Seed is processed. I'll try to compile all the suggestions and ideas in a single post so we can decide on a wish everyone would agree with.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 14, 2019, 09:37:34 pm »

((Hello. Once again I show up after months of disappearance, though this time, only to tell that I don't have any time available in my life to return. I'm so sorry for disappearing all of a sudden, breaking my promise, and only coming back to basically tell you I can't come back.

I had legitimate reasons at first, that made it impossible for me to even access to the internet, but ever since a month ago I could have come back, but didn't due to studies and lack of courage.

I can't even muster the strength to read through what I missed. I will leave the fate of Asha in your hands everyone. Thanks for the amazing game, I wish I could have gone through it fully.

See you in a month I hope.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 14, 2019, 11:25:54 pm »

((Hello. Once again I show up after months of disappearance, though this time, only to tell that I don't have any time available in my life to return. I'm so sorry for disappearing all of a sudden, breaking my promise, and only coming back to basically tell you I can't come back.

I had legitimate reasons at first, that made it impossible for me to even access to the internet, but ever since a month ago I could have come back, but didn't due to studies and lack of courage.

I can't even muster the strength to read through what I missed. I will leave the fate of Asha in your hands everyone. Thanks for the amazing game, I wish I could have gone through it fully.

See you in a month I hope.))
((Oh, I'll miss Asha. Hopefully everything goes back to normal for you after the month. Also, you didn't miss much other than Mina getting her soul gem crushed and dying permanently, and the witch exploding into a nova.))
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 84